CombustionJunction

What's Your Function?
Thanks for the input guys!!! I'm leaning towards the C9000 and some 2700s, but I would love to hear some more opinions. As some mentioned, I already have a great home setup although, lately I've seen myself using the MFLB at home a lot for vaping kief. I would love a little more kick sometimes, but the 2700s should take care of that. I will eventually own both, and since the PA is in Beta, it may be worth waiting for the final product. I think I'm in a Win-Win situation.

CombustionJunction,

JDSupreme

Head of Pot
CombustionJunction said:
Thanks for the input guys!!! I'm leaning towards the C9000 and some 2700s, but I would love to hear some more opinions. As some mentioned, I already have a great home setup although, lately I've seen myself using the MFLB at home a lot for vaping kief. I would love a little more kick sometimes, but the 2700s should take care of that. I will eventually own both, and since the PA is in Beta, it may be worth waiting for the final product. I think I'm in a Win-Win situation.

I said that too then the PAMFLB quickly became my home and away setup. I was also going to get a better charger then the PA came along. The PA has been the best thing to happen to my vape situation. But the other vapes are jealous dust collectors now :) I still havent used a batt since the PA came. 2700's are better than the standard batts but the PA is a whole other level of Launch Boxing. Mike Tyson in this mother fucker! That shit will have you so high you'll be chewing on your ear muhahahaha

JDSupreme,

CombustionJunction

What's Your Function?
JDSupreme said:
CombustionJunction said:

I said that too then the PAMFLB quickly became my home and away setup. I was also going to get a better charger then the PA came along. The PA has been the best thing to happen to my vape situation. But the other vapes are jealous dust collectors now :) I still havent used a batt since the PA came. 2700's are better than the standard batts but the PA is a whole other level of Launch Boxing. Mike Tyson in this mother fucker! That shit will have you so high you'll be chewing on your ear muhahahaha
LMFAO!!! That's awesome!!! Glad to hear views from both sides of the coin. Much appreciated. I'm liking the sound of the PA. Might just have to go that route. I noticed that on the beta purchase page, they have the option of adding a car adapter for $7. Has anyone used this thing? If it works well, I would have to go with the PA, since I mostly use it in the car when using it as a portable.

CombustionJunction,

Gunky

The PA is definitely a big departure. The higher temps make it possible to change the manner and speed of the draw. It turns the MFLB into a beast, if you want it to.

Gunky,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
@ Combustion

It has been mentioned somewhere that the car adapter plugs for PD, MZ work as well and I see a PD in your siggy. You might already be ready for your car dude :D

Lo,

magicflight

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
Purpl3_Haz3 said:
ScrappeyDP said:
pakalolo said:
This is not correct. Magic-Flight honours their warranty even if you do something stupid.

Is this true? I can remove the screen/heating element from the box and they'll still honor warranty? Or if I do some wood working on the box itself?

I too am curious about this, as I like wood burning, and wanted to customize my MFLB, (after I purchase it of course.) If anyone can confirm more specifics on the warranty, that'd be great!

Hi,

The warranty does cover reasonable artistic modifications. It does not cover damage to the box deliberately intended damage the box (ie, removing the screen). If people want to add artistic embellishments, we encourage them in their endeavors. One think to keep in mind, however, is that the warranty is usually a replacement warranty. It is more challenging and time consuming to repair a specific box so that you get the exact same one back. We can do this one some occasions (decided on a case by case basis at the time), per special request only (for USA domestic customers).

-- Magic-Flight

magicflight,

JDSupreme

Head of Pot
CombustionJunction said:
LMFAO!!! That's awesome!!! Glad to hear views from both sides of the coin. Much appreciated. I'm liking the sound of the PA. Might just have to go that route. I noticed that on the beta purchase page, they have the option of adding a car adapter for $7. Has anyone used this thing? If it works well, I would have to go with the PA, since I mostly use it in the car when using it as a portable.

Car adapter works great too. 99% of the times I vape im near a power source. This summer I plan on getting a smaller scooter/cycle/atv battery that will fit in the front pocket of a bookbag to take on my boat. Just grab a female 12v plug and wire it direct to the battery. I tried this with one of my marine deep cycle batts in the garage the other day and it worked fine. Im curious how many trenches ill get out of a fully charged scooter batt :) I could just plug it into my 12v plug on the boat but I have other accessories so I dont want to risk draining my batteries and not being able to start the engine :p

JDSupreme,

al bundy

Vaporist
ok first time poster but a long time reader.
CumbustionJunction, JDSupreme or anyone who has both.

ok looking to purchase my first vape. ive read MANY a post here.

my friend has a extreme q ,newest model, with the remote.works nice.
Now i was leaning toward the MFLB once i saw they have a power adapter and i can use it on the go. i also have been reading up on the Purple Days seems i can take it with me too. and the Lotus too.

which one would you recommend for a first time?
portability? and durability?

and does either give a wood taste?
which would you say gets bigger rips off of?

just looking for your honest input since both of you guys have them in your sig. thanks.

al bundy,

al bundy

Vaporist
JDSupreme said:
CombustionJunction said:

Car adapter works great too. 99% of the times I vape im near a power source. This summer I plan on getting a smaller scooter/cycle/atv battery that will fit in the front pocket of a bookbag to take on my boat. Just grab a female 12v plug and wire it direct to the battery. I tried this with one of my marine deep cycle batts in the garage the other day and it worked fine. Im curious how many trenches ill get out of a fully charged scooter batt :) I could just plug it into my 12v plug on the boat but I have other accessories so I dont want to risk draining my batteries and not being able to start the engine :p

get a solar charger to keep the scooter batt topped off.

al bundy,

JDSupreme

Head of Pot
al bundy said:

Now i was leaning toward the MFLB once i saw they have a power adapter and i can use it on the go. i also have been reading up on the Purple Days seems i can take it with me too. and the Lotus too.

just looking for your honest input since both of you guys have them in your sig. thanks.

I wouldn't really want to take my zap on the go. packing stems, the size, all things that dont scream stealth portability IMO. I really like the Lotus for something different. I will probably end up with one of those soon too. But with the PA w/ both power options and a set of batts should be a great initial setup. But you may end up like me and have batts collecting dust too. I'm probably going to sell/trade the zap when I get the Lotus in a few weeks to be honest. With practice, I can get just as big of rips (see vids in sig) off the PAMFLB as the zap. The LB seems to be more efficient tho IMO...more hits for how much bud I use and darker abv although PD's are supposed to run warmer than the zaps (wood type)

I got wood taste off the zap when it was brand new but it went away after a sesh or 2. The Lb (from what i remember) had little or no wood taste. It just ran a tad hotter being brand new with fresh new batts. I had my hit technique down before it even came so I had "micro hitting" mastered in a few hours

And as ive said before I prefer the taste of my herb in the LB over all other vapes ive tried hands down and the PA takes it to a whole other level even compared to 2700's IMO

al bundy said:
get a solar charger to keep the scooter batt topped off.

damn good idea...for all batts on board!

JDSupreme,

Gunky

al bundy said:

All of the vaporizers you are considering are well-regarded and you can't really go wrong. In some ways a log vape like PD is close to ideal because learning to use it is simple. No adjustments, just find the right draw speed and you got it. With the PA, the lift box is pretty similar for learning purposes. Lift box w/batteries takes slightly longer to get the knack of the draw, IMO. On the other hand LB is more versatile and portable.

One thing which I like about the log vapes is the aesthetics of the utensils and the process of use. If you see these things as a continuum from art/craft refinements that were done with tobacco - fine carved burl pipes, humidors, tobacco pouches (in Japan the pouch could be attached to one's costume with a lovely objet d'art called a netsuke) - then there is much to be said for a log vape. Neat and clean. That works for me most of the time.

Other times I feel more passionate and the Lift Box w/PA allows more of a get wild scenario, aesthetics be damned...

I wouldn't be without either style.

edit: that sounded like I am slamming the aesthetics of the LB, which actually I like. It's a beautiful little wood box. Amazing, really. Comparatively speaking, though, the log scenario has a certain understated appeal...

Gunky,

Elluzion

Vapeosaurus Rex
You know what is funny, i like the high more from Re-Vaped weed than fresh stuff! wow! <3 MFLB

Elluzion,

CombustionJunction

What's Your Function?
Thanks to all who responded to my inquiry. I think I'm going with the PA!!!

JDSupreme, you've been a great help. I just saw the videos in your sig and they helped me make up my mind. AND you're a fellow Steelers fan, so I trust you. LOL. GO STEELERS!!!

CombustionJunction,

CombustionJunction

What's Your Function?
al bundy said:

Both are amazing vapes. You will not be disappointed either way. The PD works great in the car, but IMO, is meant for the home. The MFLB is much easier to deal with when not at home.

I would recommend the PD for a first timer, because it doesn't have much of a learning curve and is easier to use. The MFLB takes a little practice to get right, although that may be different with the PA.

I would go with the MFLB for portability

PD for durability

I only got a wood taste from the PD the first 2 or 3 days I used it, and then it goes away. I kinda liked it. No wood taste from the MFLB.

I get bigger rips off my PD, but again, that may change with the PA.

Honestly, you can't go wrong with either one and it really depends on whether you're going to use it mostly at home or on the road. The PD is the best daily home vape. The MFLB is the best portable vape. :2c:

CombustionJunction,

lwien

CombustionJunction said:
The PD is the best daily home vape.

It's not the best if you want a party vape or a vape that will provide back to back super thick lung ripper hits, or if you like a vape that has a higher air to vapor ratio, or you want a vape that you can play around with different temp settings.

CombustionJunction said:
The MFLB is the best portable vape.

It's not the best portable if going to be used as a party portable, nor is it the most efficient portable.

Lots of good vapes in both the portable and the home category to be able to state that any vape is the best in either situation without further qualification.

lwien,

chucku

Charles Urbane
Al B

A good choice for a 1st vape is the VG bat. It hits like a truck, herb tastes great, can be easily cleaned with the solvent of your choice, can easily be carried in your pocket and is damn near indestructible.

chucku,

Gunky

CombustionJunction said:

JDSupreme, you've been a great help. I just saw the videos in your sig and they helped me make up my mind. AND you're a fellow Steelers fan, so I trust you. LOL. GO STEELERS!!!

You will like it. Gainesville, eh? I remember trying some fabulous green from there...

Gunky,

CombustionJunction

What's Your Function?
lwien said:
CombustionJunction said:
The PD is the best daily home vape.

It's not the best if you want a party vape or a vape that will provide back to back super thick lung ripper hits, or if you like a vape that has a higher air to vapor ratio, or you want a vape that you can play around with different temp settings.

CombustionJunction said:
The MFLB is the best portable vape.

It's not the best portable if going to be used as a party portable, nor is it the most efficient portable.

Lots of good vapes in both the portable and the home category to be able to state that any vape is the best in either situation without further qualification.
Sorry. I should have said they are the best in my opinion and for my needs. I guess the :2c: at the end of my post was not enough to convey that. There is no best vaporizer. Best is a subjective word, and not to be taken as fact. I hope that clears up any misunderstandings.

lwein, I do respectfully disagree in regards to the MFLB's efficiency. I have yet to run into a more efficient portable. If I'm wrong, please educate me.

CombustionJunction,

CombustionJunction

What's Your Function?
Gunky said:
CombustionJunction said:

You will like it. Gainesville, eh? I remember trying some fabulous green from there...
Yes sir. Those were the good ol' days. Not sure about the stuff going around now. I usually buy medical grade from out of state these days.

CombustionJunction,

lwien

CombustionJunction said:
Sorry. I should have said they are the best in my opinion and for my needs. I guess the :2c: at the end of my post was not enough to convey that.

I understood ya. I just wanted to clarify for any vapor newbs that may be reading this for the first time.

CombustionJunction said:
lwein, I do respectfully disagree in regards to the MFLB's efficiency. I have yet to run into a more efficient portable. If I'm wrong, please educate me.

I believe, from what I have read here, that the Lotus may be more efficient mainly due to its very small bowl. There are some who have both the Lotus and the PD/MZ and and have stated the efficiency is on par.

Would like to hear from those that own both the Lotus and the LB for further clarification.

lwien,

CombustionJunction

What's Your Function?
lwien said:
CombustionJunction said:
Sorry. I should have said they are the best in my opinion and for my needs. I guess the :2c: at the end of my post was not enough to convey that.

I understood ya. I just wanted to clarify for any vapor newbs that may be reading this for the first time.

CombustionJunction said:

I believe, from what I have read here, that the Lotus may be more efficient mainly due to its very small bowl. There are some who have both the Lotus and the PD/MZ and and have stated the efficiency is on par.

Would like to hear from those that own both the Lotus and the LB for further clarification.

Understood, and good call. I hope I made myself clearer in my 2nd post. Thanks, lwien.

Interesting about the lotus. I know I've packed .025 in the MFLB before and it works great. Sometimes, I even empty out my stems and put them straight in the MFLB. If the lotus takes even less than that, it may just have to add it to my list. :D

CombustionJunction,
Top Bottom