The Lotus Vaporizer

Harrier Du Bois

Revachol Citizens Militia
Do any fellow Lotus enjoyers have some tipps for a beginner, beyond the official manual? I would love to hear them. :nod:

Harrier Du Bois,

coolbreeze

Do any fellow Lotus enjoyers have some tipps for a beginner, beyond the official manual? I would love to hear them. :nod:
Make sure the flame is long enough (inner blue flame should be petal tip-to-petal tip in length); give it a preheat for a couple seconds, adjust for ambient temp; keep the flame in a tight circle in the center of the divot; tilt the cap to avoid reflecting heat back at your torch to avoid shutdowns; beware the dark corner opposite the direction of your torch, and adjust by tilting/aiming to hit other spots of the cap. Go hard, go gentle, try it through water...enjoy the heck out of it!

fangorn

(for some time I have wanted an avb slightly darker than usual. but it will remain lighter than 90% of the photos posted here)

the length of the flame or the speed of inspiration are essential parameters that should be taken into account.

Personally, I preheat for 3-4 seconds for the first time. I wait 2 seconds. I heat it for 1 or 2 seconds and start to inhale for about ten seconds, before lifting the cap and finishing inhaling. I heat for 1 or 2 seconds and inhale again, etc.

I adapt according to the quality and humidity of my flowers!

for some flowers, or if I put hash, or if I wait too long for a second heat and puff, I can preheat a second time. conversely, I can skip the preheating.

you can also look in the best of section, there are some interesting tips!

coolbreeze

What do you mean by that ?
You may see hot-spotting or uneven cooking opposite the angle of your torch's attack, so for me as a rightie it's usually somewhere around 8 or 9 o'clock on the Lotus dial because of the slight angle my flame hits from the 2- 3 o'clock direction, if that makes sense. I compensate by adjusting the angle of the plate and torch to try to avoid focusing the heat. If you're using the WPA you can rotate it between hits to compensate if it's a problem.

Electrofever

if that makes sense
Thank you for your answer, it totally makes sense !

You may see hot-spotting or uneven cooking opposite the angle of your torch's attack
I allready noticed a ‘bean-shaped’ hotspot but hadn’t realized it was opposite of the flame and that it could come from the angle of my torch :hmm:

coolbreeze

Lotus Friday: vape 'em if you got 'em!
IMG-7491.jpg

Electrofever

Thank you for all those lovely pictures, each in its on way !! I would have loved to participate but unfortunately I am not at my home and Lotus isn’t in my ‘family in law’ lineup :cool: but my mind is connected with you all :D @coolbreeze what a glass collection ! @fangorn seems you always have a Nomad to fit in ;) @Duba that tray could be given at the entrance of a temple, very spiritual :peace:

Top Bottom