The J-hook thread!

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
Unfortunately, I've never been a fan of the look of the wood/glass combination.
I prefer all one or the other.

Ramahs,

Raskolnikov

Just arrived home, 18mm joint, it measures ~7.35 inches and is rather slim and handsome.
Edit : oups not excatcly same in fact, pictures below is this one, it might interest you too ?

DHG-18mm-female-joint-glass-pipe.jpg
How is it with the screwball? Is this the one from RVS?

Edit.
Not sure if I'm confusing you with Necra. I seen someone with the SB on a j hook.

Last edited:

olysh pops

How is it with the screwball? Is this the one from RVS?

Edit.
Not sure if I'm confusing you with Necra. I seen someone with the SB on a j hook.
I was taking part in the contest and following the various discussions on the ScrewBall, maybe that's why ? Despite feeling magnetized by the SB I've managed not to ask yet on the thread how it reacts with hash, until today ..

This little pipe comes from Dhgate, stands on its own (not very stable), cools rather well with the two elbows and the picks, I have it well in hand. The limits are the thinness of the glass and the lack of depth under the joint : the CL mouthpiece touches the bottom to give you an idea, I use the glass bowl instead.

Last edited:

Raskolnikov

I was taking part in the contest and following the various discussions on the ScrewBall, maybe that's why ? Despite feeling magnetized by the SB I've managed not to ask yet on the thread how it reacts with hash, until today ..

This little pipe comes from Dhgate, stands on its own (not very stable), cools rather well with the two elbows and the picks, I have it well in hand. The limits are the thinness of the glass and the lack of depth under the joint : the CL mouthpiece touches the bottom to give you an idea, I use the glass bowl instead.
Screwball works excellent for hash as long as you use hemp fibre. Just need to crank up the heat compared to weed. I've tried placing small pieces in the bowl with the weed and it doesn't get warm enough to make it worth it. With hemp fibre and a quality hash it's tremendous.
I use a glass Briars pipe from chameleon glass now for hash and would not use anything else. I've even gave up my spoon pipe which I've been using for years as the vapour from the Briars is just different class compared to smoking.
I never expected this to happen and am still surprised about it but since I have had the Screwball and the Briars pipe I actually think I might be able to Fuck combustion. I just went a whole week with no joints, just my vapes.
Still can't believe I got that pipe for free. I posted it in a thread as It was new to me and I hadn't seen it on here. Few minutes later a kind poster asked if I want one. Thanks buddy, you know who you are.

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
I can't believe I waited so long for a J-hook, now I'm on the hunt for an affordable one with cooling dimples or beads in it.

Many great dimpled ones. TRWW often has great, inexpensive ones. The inception hook from OWW is under $20.

I have lots of high priced hooks that I use more often, but these are also great.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
If you don't mind China Glass, these are the ones that I ordered. They are not the quality of OGB, but they work perfectly well.

I went with China glass because I expected to be breaking them when I was out, but I haven't broken any yet. I bought a three pack..

sedentree

Any wood j-hooks out there? I had a custom order with Macqueen Pipes for an olive Wizard that would work with the Lotus and WPA but they cancelled it after a couple of months unfortunately due to time constraints on their end, they may look at producing something in the future but no guarantees. Searching online only brings up DIY related j-hooks 😅

GoldenBud

Pure acetone and pipe cleaners. It's quite straightforward.

But wood collects reclaim in a different way than glass and it often gets better with use and don't need much cleaning (unless you combust...)
Acetone is an organic solvent, it takes the Ketones molecules from the organic compounds.
it doesn't "take" some wooden particles (wood is an organic material, but dunno if it has Ketones) with it?

GoldenBud,

Radwin Bodnic

Acetone is an organic solvent, it takes the Ketones molecules from the organic compounds.
it doesn't "take" some wooden particles (wood is an organic material, but dunno if it has Ketones) with it?
Pure acetone is absolutely harmless for the wood. It evaporates fully and will let the wood completely dry (it will need wax or oil after an acetone soak).

It is the solvent of choice for any wood worker.

Edit to clarify : acetone will only damage the finish of the wood. Not the wood itself.

Radwin Bodnic,
Reactions: GoldenBud

sedentree

GoldenBud

Pure acetone is absolutely harmless for the wood. It evaporates fully and will let the wood completely dry (it will need wax or oil after an acetone soak).

Edit to clarify : acetone will only damage the finish of the wood. Not the wood itself.
Thank you. learned something new.

sedentree

I’ve shot Azzwood Customs a line to see if they can make something custom that suits my needs but I’m still keen to see what other options are out there currently 👍

Zagala

Thanks for this. Any recommendations for some good brands. When I check Amazon most returns are for nail polish? Thanks again.

Zagala,

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
Any wood j-hooks out there?
While not a j-hook, if I had the means I would look at CDXX pipes. His beautiful neo and proxy pipes are amazing. He recently added injector and diffuser bowls too.

He's a good member here and there is a thread for his work:

I'm not sure if he does customs, but something he has may scratch your wood itch.

GoldenBud

do you have an idea why the wood makers in the vaporizing scene never gave this tip? to "cover up" themself if somebody makes mistake and the acetone will make contact with the wood's finish maybe?

GoldenBud,
Top Bottom