The J-hook thread!

SquirrelMaster

Hello friends

I'm having issues finding the PT glass website to pick up a J hook. Any help with PT glass or someone willing to do an easy custom hook would be appreciated. Custom hook would just be with some dimples to help it stand, thicker walls and maybe fume it to change color because why not.
As @shitsnacks advised, contact Cloud Connoisseur. He should be able to offer exactly what you're looking for, for a fair price.

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
Do they or anyone else make anything like this or similar to this w/ a 14mm joint?
Some of my favorite hooks have a 14mm joint. My Good Vibes Boro hook, for example.

I think the OGB sidecar is 14 by default but I think it is better with 18mm for my devices:

A great cheap hook is from OWW. I have the factory second and I can't find a defect:

TRWW makes great 14mm hooks too:

olysh pops

Do they or anyone else make anything like this or similar to this w/ a 14mm joint?
This one of theirs looks interesting:

jhook-connecteur-refroidisseur-de-vapeur-en-verre-pour-vaporisateurs-14mm-ou-18mm.jpg

I just wish it didn't have those 90 degree corners on the bottom. It would look better as a curved sherlock.

Sativapo

I ordered the same a week ago to use 14 to 18 adapters as bowls for my 14mm zx ball vape. Let's see if the have a nice tight airflow. I hope they can stand upright too.

Monk Debate

The monks do be debatin’
Well that goofy hook came in and while during the wait buyers remorse had been creeping up in me, now that it's landed I'm actually very happy with it. It's well made, quality similar to that of the other iterations but the craftspersonship is way better on it than it is on my set of spiked hooks I already got from them.

Some shots:
49576216-2-F6-B-4031-999-D-221-B0-EC0-B6-CD.jpg

0-AC2-C751-1642-402-B-BA60-E103-BF5-D66-C0.jpg

It's a pretty huge unit because of the heft and thickness mostly. It's maybe only an inch taller than their other iteration of a hook that's often mentioned, but feels related to this big bro as well:

230-AEA84-230-D-48-E3-921-B-C1-BFBAD7-C45-E.jpg

(Look how stable!)

The mouthpiece is a bit more narrow, which is not an improvement per se but it also doesn't bother me for now.

I've used it with TM2 (yes it fits! My previous one only fits with TM1)

86361-F85-E6-C2-4-C2-E-AB44-D55-DE49-E1-E18.jpg

I can post a pic of the mouthpiece later or if anyone got questions let me know. It's a nice hook though and the removable mp and straight fab in stem is pretty awesome for a j hook to have :rockon:

Edit: did a short video showing some more details as well as side by side with their other 18mm right angle j hook: https://streamable.com/koec0o
I love the look of this and my mind is abuzz with the possibilities of the modular mouthpiece section (for example, put a M/M 18/14 adapter there and then put a small hydro tube on top for extended dry cooling with a small amount of water cooling at the end), so I’ve ordered one. I do hope the distance from the bowl to the edge of the stem is sufficient for a Lotus cap, because that is one of my intended uses.

nicknobody

Don’t everyone go buy one at once. I haven’t ordered mines yet…

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Don’t everyone go buy one at once. I haven’t ordered mines yet…

Haha that made me think it was the pylotech hook by Nicholas in France that Ed sells, but the mouthpiece actually looks identical to the stock TM extra long stem... Makes me think they made it actually?? Who knows lol not sure how I feel about that part exactly, although probably should've been a sidecar!

nicknobody

What is that ? I can't find it on the web...
In this thread. Page 23 and before

Edit I tried to link you but the page isn’t loading

Oh awesome, I believe that is the one from Nicholas, right @Chicken No Name?? Glad to see he is still making these, wanted to see him make one just like this that was just a TM stem too... He was able to pretty much customize any which way if you emailed him, good idea for Ed to get some stock to offer as a nice dry option for log vaping!

I am using one of the four hooks now, mostly superficial defects, unless it is dropped then probably going to break easily haha but they are pretty effective (and cheap now that you only have to order two) option, well as long as the quality control improves I suppose...

Yep, well spotted.
Nicolas is selling them in France but his web site is still being developed.
If you can navigate through the default template you can find it here:

This is my favourite. Very effective at cooling.
No way would I let it stand independently.

Last edited:

Monk Debate

The monks do be debatin’
I love the look of this and my mind is abuzz with the possibilities of the modular mouthpiece section (for example, put a M/M 18/14 adapter there and then put a small hydro tube on top for extended dry cooling with a small amount of water cooling at the end), so I’ve ordered one. I do hope the distance from the bowl to the edge of the stem is sufficient for a Lotus cap, because that is one of my intended uses.
I got this in today. They provided a clip for the mouthpiece and once it was on I forgot it was even two separate pieces. Great, wide open airflow on this. Vapor is cool and flavorful. Craftsmanship is solid. I’ll be using this one a lot.

Axel_420

OK I have some more details on these lovely j hooks made in France.

Background: Whilst searching for a stem for my tinymight I found this site:

Selling 17 cm straight stem for the tinymight, do I ordered it, nothing ventured I thought. But when it arrived I received a spiked version. On enquiring, Nicholas, the owner, explained they were developing a new stem for the tinymight and would I like to try this one.

Sure I said and it was fantastic. I immediately encouraged him to make more and advertise them better as i thought there might be demand!

I also enquired about j hooks and from there Nicholas and myself have had some correspondence and this week I received his creations.
View attachment 10461
From left, all 14 mm joint:
Stem with basket screen holder for tinymight.
J hook with spikes with fat mouthpiece
J hook sidecar with fat mouthpiece
J hook with spikes with thin mouthpiece

I have tested all of them and they are great. I will describe the tinymight stem in the TM thread.

View attachment 10462

View attachment 10463
J hook spiked fat MP

View attachment 10464

View attachment 10465
J hook spiked thin MP

View attachment 10466

View attachment 10467

Sidecar (left??) non spiked fat MP

I make no apologies for my rubbish photos but best I can do. In fact Nicholas is having to use these as he sent the j hooks to me b4 he took photos!

So what can Nicholas do for us?
All 3 of the above j hooks can be made (and will be available as stock) as per the following :
Fat or thin MP
Spiked or not spiked
14 or 18 mm female connection
For sidecar left or right.
I think that makes 16 flavours....

Prices:
Anything non spiked (fat or thin MP; 14 or 18; left or right) will be 49.90 Euros

Anything spiked will be 64.90 Euros

He will also be able to make small mods for around 5 to 10 Euros more. More involved mods/designs priced on application.

Quality: they have been made very well in my opinion with good application of the spikes.
However I have nothing to compare with, especially an equivalent from ogb.
So I have weighed the j hooks thinking that maybe an ogb owner could do the same and we can have a comparison wrt weight.
Anyway, these creations all weigh approx 45 grams. They seem fairly robust but I wouldn't want to drop one.....

How to buy.
Hmmmm. Ok, Nicholas is getting on top of this but things are a little slow at the moment.
He will be stocking on both Amazon US and UK. The us site is up but not stocked at the moment. UK will be ready in a week or so due to vat complexity with brexit.

However, if you want one now, or you want to register interest, you can send a request to:

customglass@vaporisateur.net

Nicholas (French) speaks perfect English so no translate required.

And Nicholas can get back to you.
He can send now direct to USA or UK at postage costs of 10e and 5e respectively although via Amazon postage will be free.

France shuts down for August but Nicholas is keen to get going and he would like to get an idea of potential demand if he is to send stock to Amazon.

If you are interested or want one now, please do send Nicholas a note.

No commitment needed now but he would like some stock ready before August shut down and by the start of September he should have Amazon fully available. So any input he would really appreciate.

Nicholas is keen to get more involved in glass making for vapes having been involved for many years, and encourages feedback. So if you have any suggestions, send them directly to Nicholas.

Just to note. I have nothing to do with Nicholas apart from a shared interest in glass and vapes. I have paid for my glassware but I have only paid cost, not full retail.
All details above are of course subject to change. I have merely repeated information Nicholas gave me and I have no influence over his products or prices. In other words, please don't shoot the messenger :D :brow:

I hope these items are of interest and I'm pleased as punch with mine but I cannot intervene on anyone's part.

I'm particularly chuffed that in Europe we have access to someone who can hopefully provide the quality and variety that has been more readily available for America but more challenging here.....

Happy to address and general questions about the functionality etc.

bon courage !

Edit. Pic for length. Approx 19 cm...

View attachment 10474[/URL]
Edited to change link details
Do the jhooks have open airflow? Does the version with the dimples versus without change the airflow much, maybe even compared to plain jhooks?
Between the thin and fat mouthpiece version is there a significant difference?
Have you tried the 18 mm versions as well? If so, does it change much from the 14?

In your opinion, does a larger space under the joint, as other previously posted jhooks have, increase airflow much?

Axel_420,

Shit Snacks

Do the jhooks have open airflow? Does the version with the dimples versus without change the airflow much, maybe even compared to plain jhooks?
Between the thin and fat mouthpiece version is there a significant difference?
Have you tried the 18 mm versions as well? If so, does it change much from the 14?

In your opinion, does a larger space under the joint, as other previously posted jhooks have, increase airflow much?

The airflow is affected by the joint size, that is how they are different, and the mouthpiece tip... The spikes don't really affect the air flow at all nor does space below... The right angle cools a lot and catches the particles, the spikes help further along with additional angles... Choose the size based on what you need and what would be most comfortable for you not based on air flow etc. all hooks pretty equal

Shit Snacks

Thanks @Grass Yes. I was gonna get in contact with him through insta but, now that I realize it he’s on here too! Haha. I want that 14mm spiked j hook but a round mouth piece and maybe a wpa or two for my rogue and TM2. Has anyone had custom wpa made for your portables?

Haha yeah he is around here but not too active either, best to just email, but if you want something on the site simply modified, just put that in the order notes... You can also mention that you would like custom WPA, then I'm sure he will email you anyway to discuss... He does great work and I'm sure he can make those two too or at least one

Top Bottom