The J-hook thread!

Chicken No Name

Dazed and confused
Yeah those look like some fantastic variations on the original OGB design, no shorty straight stem?? Thanks for the screen look like they work well! I see you went a little off book with this order though @Chicken No Name ;) :lol:
Thanks.
I've bashed through 3 batteries today testing them. They are all winners in my book and yes, ogb may have had an influence :lol: , although Nicholas has been designing and producing spiked stems for over 10 years now.

I had 2 x 7 cm stems made, both with spikes. They didn't cool enough to be worthwhile. The tinymight long stem with cu did a better job.
It was a real shame as I had high hopes but no use producing something that looks better and had better mouth feel but worse cooling.

Chicken No Name

Dazed and confused
nice. once you remember where you bought them chicken, i would have one.
:rofl:Memory is fine.

Although it may appear im trying to be cryptic (I'm not, honest) summer holiday season is almost upon us in France and I'm trying to collate as much info as possible before that. France and August means nothing but long lunches and lazy days. Work is interdit!

I love France for its slower pace of life but things do take a little longer here.
C'est la vie!.......
Later today....

Chicken No Name

Dazed and confused
OK I have some more details on these lovely j hooks made in France.

Background: Whilst searching for a stem for my tinymight I found this site:

Selling 17 cm straight stem for the tinymight, do I ordered it, nothing ventured I thought. But when it arrived I received a spiked version. On enquiring, Nicholas, the owner, explained they were developing a new stem for the tinymight and would I like to try this one.

Sure I said and it was fantastic. I immediately encouraged him to make more and advertise them better as i thought there might be demand!

I also enquired about j hooks and from there Nicholas and myself have had some correspondence and this week I received his creations.
IMG_20210719_135505312.jpg
From left, all 14 mm joint:
Stem with basket screen holder for tinymight.
J hook with spikes with fat mouthpiece
J hook sidecar with fat mouthpiece
J hook with spikes with thin mouthpiece

I have tested all of them and they are great. I will describe the tinymight stem in the TM thread.

IMG_20210719_135741136.jpg

IMG_20210719_140253299.jpg
J hook spiked fat MP

IMG_20210719_135757827.jpg

IMG_20210719_140305432.jpg
J hook spiked thin MP

IMG_20210719_135805110.jpg

IMG_20210719_140237908.jpg

Sidecar (left??) non spiked fat MP

I make no apologies for my rubbish photos but best I can do. In fact Nicholas is having to use these as he sent the j hooks to me b4 he took photos!

So what can Nicholas do for us?
All 3 of the above j hooks can be made (and will be available as stock) as per the following :
Fat or thin MP
Spiked or not spiked
14 or 18 mm female connection
For sidecar left or right.
I think that makes 16 flavours....

Prices:
Anything non spiked (fat or thin MP; 14 or 18; left or right) will be 49.90 Euros

Anything spiked will be 64.90 Euros

He will also be able to make small mods for around 5 to 10 Euros more. More involved mods/designs priced on application.

Quality: they have been made very well in my opinion with good application of the spikes.
However I have nothing to compare with, especially an equivalent from ogb.
So I have weighed the j hooks thinking that maybe an ogb owner could do the same and we can have a comparison wrt weight.
Anyway, these creations all weigh approx 45 grams. They seem fairly robust but I wouldn't want to drop one.....

How to buy.
Hmmmm. Ok, Nicholas is getting on top of this but things are a little slow at the moment.
He will be stocking on both Amazon US and UK. The us site is up but not stocked at the moment. UK will be ready in a week or so due to vat complexity with brexit.

However, if you want one now, or you want to register interest, you can send a request to:

customglass@vaporisateur.net

Nicholas (French) speaks perfect English so no translate required.

And Nicholas can get back to you.
He can send now direct to USA or UK at postage costs of 10e and 5e respectively although via Amazon postage will be free.

France shuts down for August but Nicholas is keen to get going and he would like to get an idea of potential demand if he is to send stock to Amazon.

If you are interested or want one now, please do send Nicholas a note.

No commitment needed now but he would like some stock ready before August shut down and by the start of September he should have Amazon fully available. So any input he would really appreciate.

Nicholas is keen to get more involved in glass making for vapes having been involved for many years, and encourages feedback. So if you have any suggestions, send them directly to Nicholas.

Just to note. I have nothing to do with Nicholas apart from a shared interest in glass and vapes. I have paid for my glassware but I have only paid cost, not full retail.
All details above are of course subject to change. I have merely repeated information Nicholas gave me and I have no influence over his products or prices. In other words, please don't shoot the messenger :D :brow:

I hope these items are of interest and I'm pleased as punch with mine but I cannot intervene on anyone's part.

I'm particularly chuffed that in Europe we have access to someone who can hopefully provide the quality and variety that has been more readily available for America but more challenging here.....

Happy to address and general questions about the functionality etc.

bon courage !

Edit. Pic for length. Approx 19 cm...

IMG_20210720_142020106.jpg[/URL]
Edited to change link details

Last edited:

Mr.Sifter

are there good jhooks around on DHgate that are good quality?
Something like a D020 quality level.

Mr.Sifter,
Reactions: ataxian

Chicken No Name

Dazed and confused
Link doesnt Work 4 me.thanks anyway
Link was to a plain stem which was working earlier but I suspect Nicholas is trying to update that page. Ive edited it to take you to his web site....
Regardless, if you are interested please fire him a message. Thanks

Last edited:
Chicken No Name,

Mr.Sifter

I know.
This thread states quite a few candidates but mainly from US shops.
So I thought I might ask from Dhgate source.

14mm taper, classic Jhook design that does not brake immediately when you wash it with iso and hot water.
any tips ?

Mr.Sifter,

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I know.
This thread states quite a few candidates but mainly from US shops.
So I thought I might ask from Dhgate source.

14mm taper, classic Jhook design that does not brake immediately when you wash it with iso and hot water.
any tips ?

Just search around there, the sunshine store ones seem to be of pretty high quality? You always have to order multiple though... If you just want a cheap hook from China, the rogue wax works has 14 and 18 available already, they don't break from iso or hot water... I've never seen any glass do that!

Mr.Sifter

for us EU folks the best store to get decent Jhooks, seems to be the sunshine store.
Correct me if I am wrong.

US and UK imports are way to expensive due to shipping, tax and customs fees.

Chicken No Name

Dazed and confused

StringTheorista

57-A7-EFA3-2-C1-C-4948-B24-A-40966-C50-D3-B0.jpg

Hey j-hookers, I found this great solution to the “I need a stand for my j-hook” problem. It also makes a good organizer for bowls, vapcaps, torches, q-tips. And the front tray fits a Neo really well. It arrived a bit rough in a couple spots, but easily sanded smooth.

Last edited:
Top Bottom