The J-hook thread!

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
Meh, not going back to look (or dealing with the annoying search function), only ever forward... anyone grab one of these to checkout? Thoughts/opinions? Doesn't look too bad to me:
pulsar-diamond-sherlock-concentrate-pipe-6_75-14mm-f-colors-vary-hand-pipes-dankgeek-2.jpg

:sherlock::hmm::peace:

Edit:
Might as well throw this in too, for lack of a more suitable place...?:

Last edited:

coolbreeze

Meh, not going back to look (or dealing with the annoying search function), only forward... anyone grab one of these to checkout? Thoughts/opinions? Doesn't look too bad to me:
pulsar-diamond-sherlock-concentrate-pipe-6_75-14mm-f-colors-vary-hand-pipes-dankgeek.jpg

pulsar-diamond-sherlock-concentrate-pipe-6_75-14mm-f-colors-vary-hand-pipes-dankgeek-2.jpg

Edit:
That Sherlock looks pretty sweet for torch vapes. May have to try one....

Tellus

Human (H. sapiens x H. neanderthalensis)

You guys are already making me rethink my choice... So many amazing pieces!
Really like these for example
This or these, too...? 👀
41E979EE-EC4E-4B19-91E6-EB3FDA0B513C.jpg

FAB6F457-7E54-4F8E-BA93-1CC8E66C48F9.jpg

I love that ball vapes/injector bowls are really opening up a new (yet old) world of stuff to look for... I'm sure others have seen this site before, but I had't.

Edit: haven't seen this exact one before:
Name+Brand+14mm+J-Hook+Sherlock+Adapter.JPG

And this looks pretty cool:
IMG_2499_78895d6b-56e0-4acd-933a-429d3e5fb470.jpg

This too:

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.

You guys are already making me rethink my choice... So many amazing pieces!
Really like these for example
Cheers, thanks for the support..! You too, @coolbreeze and @nicknobody! For that you all get: 🙏🏻&:evil:...:haw::tup:

And while you're (I'm) at it, have any of you looked into these? I saw 'em awhile ago and they piqued my curiosity a lil and I've seen them spread around a bit at varying prices, so you may wanna search for a better deal....?:
pulsar-fanged-fantasy-sherlock-pipe-group_grande.jpg

I'll chuck this in, too, tho it may not interest me personally:

Buuuuut this does a lil...:D:freak::o :
jeff-green-wet-lock-sherlock-by-jeff-green-rainbow.jpg

✌️

Last edited:

TeaCup

Meh, not going back to look (or dealing with the annoying search function), only ever forward... anyone grab one of these to checkout? Thoughts/opinions? Doesn't look too bad to me:

Edit:

Don't waste your money, I have both. The sherlock's stem bends in far more than pictured and a vape won't clear the stem. I've sanded off an adapter and placed a little piece of plumbers tape on the stem side to prop it outwards more to make my Couch Log fit. It does now fit and it can be used that way but it's super awkward because the stem also isn't long enough and your nose will sit on top of your vape and with the placement of the hole in the mouthpiece your still fighting space. I realize I may not have painted a very good picture of what I'm trying to say, but trust me, it's very very very awkward and does not feel good at all trying to get a hit from it. I'm currently awaiting some parts for a massive overhaul mod with it, but still no telling if it'll all work out.

The steamroller isn't what I expected even though it's all in the picture but I guess I was oblivious. I thought there'd be a carb at the backend, but there's not. And I had to mod the mouthpiece area because to me it felt odd trying to hit it from just a hole in the front end of it. Put a drip tip on the end and it hits wonderfully. For whatever reason my Anvil hits like a dream on it. But, it's BIG. Wide wise. Too wide for me personally. But I do like it with the drip tip mod. Without it, it just seems incomplete, like they literally forgot to add a mouthpiece. It's hard to feel like your getting a good seal when your just mashing your lips against a large flat piece of glass. I got a guy who I think is gonna make me a smaller diameter one because I did like the length for use with some butane vapes.

This one below is the one that was the bees knees for me, love it! Pissed that I couldn't score a backup, they are 110% completely sold out worldwide.

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
Don't waste your money, I have both. The sherlock's stem bends in far more than pictured and a vape won't clear the stem. I've sanded off an adapter and placed a little piece of plumbers tape on the stem side to prop it outwards more to make my Couch Log fit. It does now fit and it can be used that way but it's super awkward because the stem also isn't long enough and your nose will sit on top of your vape and with the placement of the hole in the mouthpiece your still fighting space. I realize I may not have painted a very good picture of what I'm trying to say, but trust me, it's very very very awkward and does not feel good at all trying to get a hit from it. I'm currently awaiting some parts for a massive overhaul mod with it, but still no telling if it'll all work out.

The steamroller isn't what I expected even though it's all in the picture but I guess I was oblivious. I thought there'd be a carb at the backend, but there's not. And I had to mod the mouthpiece area because to me it felt odd trying to hit it from just a hole in the front end of it. Put a drip tip on the end and it hits wonderfully. For whatever reason my Anvil hits like a dream on it. But, it's BIG. Wide wise. Too wide for me personally. But I do like it with the drip tip mod. Without it, it just seems incomplete, like they literally forgot to add a mouthpiece. It's hard to feel like your getting a good seal when your just mashing your lips against a large flat piece of glass. I got a guy who I think is gonna make me a smaller diameter one because I did like the length for use with some butane vapes.

This one below is the one that was the bees knees for me, love it! Pissed that I couldn't score a backup, they are 110% completely sold out worldwide.

Thanks! Yeah, I guess that's why I was never all that interested enough to take a chance, especially w/o checking in here first... (note: ALWAYS trust your instincts.) Tons of wacky stuff there that mostly doesn't interest me, like steamrollers, in general. too... glad you did find something you like and recommend tho, hope they're back in stock for you soon! ✌️

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
Apparently, we're not the only ones thinking about dry pipes and sherlocks etc that feature a joint...:hmm::brow::o:drool::
:cool::peace:

Ariwe

Found a couple of cheap 14mm dry pipes on eBay in case anyone is interested:
(There is a navy blue and green version also available from this and another seller.)

I ordered a variation on the first one... really like the yellow!
s-l1600.jpg

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
Stuff related I found on Instagram 👀:

Some pretty colored reducers available here:

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
Again, tho not exactly a Sherlock or J-hook, per se, but still along the same lines... anyone grab one to checkout? Looks pretty cool to me... If they have a clear one available, I may snag one on sale someday:
HMKGlass14mmMillieDabRigs_8.jpg

Made in Canada...! 🇨🇦

:sherlock::peace:

Last edited:

Ariwe

Again, tho not exactly a Sherlock or J-hook, per se, but still along the same lines... anyone grab one to checkout? Looks pretty cool to me... If they have a clear one available, I may snag one on sale someday:
HMKGlass14mmMillieDabRigs_8.jpg

Made in Canada...! 🇨🇦

:sherlock::peace:
Yes! Got one after seeing it in the Lotus thread. It’s a nice art piece and pairs well with the Lotus.

El Duderino

The Dude abides.
I received the U-Hook from GVB today.

At first, I was slightly panicked when I received the package because it rattled quite a bit. Fortunately, it turned out to be just the yellow marbles...

This is my first product I've bought from GVB, and I am absolutely thrilled. The U-Hook is beautiful, feels sturdy, and being a unique piece, I'm afraid to even use it and would prefer to just display and admire it in a showcase...

Of course, I didn't do that but instead started a session with the Terpcicle right away. The experience is fantastic! The U-Hook has a noticeably draw resistance, providing a different vaping experience compared to the Sherlock J-Hook from TRWW, which I've used before. The vapor cooling is superb, and once again, due to the pure glass pathway, the flavor is unquestionably excellent.

Which devices do you prefer to use with your U-Hooks?

Many heartfelt thanks to you, dear @Shit Snacks, for almost telepathically persuading me to get this U-Hook. I'm immensely delighted with it! My synapses remain open for further influence...

Top Bottom