Gear The Hoover/The Oil Dôme.

Thought i'd grant you(oke,might be a slight 'see what i've got and you don't' involved,sorry!:p ) sneak preview of an upcoming oil accessory of De Verdamper.
184181_110207029167309_815467912_n.jpg

I'm still getting to know it,but already know in terms of effect it works like a charm and i love it.
This is still a prototype btw,i'm already begging for a solution,which allows you to just put a bit of 'solid' BHO/shatter etc. on there without it falling through.
At present it's good for a single dose by smearing it on the spiral.
421875_110206675834011_1405982342_n.jpg

The great thing about this is...NO BUTANE BURNER neccesary!
Just plug it in and go.:)
This version has it's first major modification in having two buttons,one with a more gradual buildup of heat and one red button to get a more similar effect to naildabbing in that it's get redhot pronto.
As i said it's not yet on the market and still being tweaked,but hopefully getting closer to a final finished product.
In the meanwhile i'll be feeling very sorry for all of you who have to do without it for a while to come at least.:p
When i get some sun i'll shoot a small vid of it in action,to annoy you even more.
Apologies in advance!:cool:

Ps
Also if i violate some rules(i'm just a guinea pig,albeit a very willing one;) ) or am in the wrong section please moderate to your liking!
Pps
The name is undecided as yet too,any input will be forwarded.

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
Why dont you put your concentrate in glass spoon(paddle) :) and dip the coil into it :)
SMknifeset.jpg

Abysmal Vapor,
That looks like a very good option,thanks for posting!
Conversed a bit more with one of the creators this morning and that was the reason for adding the second button,so you could do a more regular dab.
And there is it seems already a glass dish,which slides under the dome(also like the more regular domes).
This will follow in a while.:)
We also both(independently) had the idea of placing a little piece of glass on there.
As said it's still in the 'protomieping'(mieping being Dutch slang for getting (too) deep into the details) stage,so improvements are possible and welcomed.;)

Havelock Vetenari,
Another possibly good option.:tup:
I'm not sure what the glass dish does,if it's just for catching spillage or if that might do the trick in a similar fashion,will have to get more info on that.
I'm getting a bit more familiar with it and the sun has even reappeared today,so i should be making a vid soon.
I just have to remember to set the camera up first,before dabbing,which is where it went wrong today.:mmmm:
;)

Havelock Vetenari,

Xchadb

@Brownglass
Glass Blower
can this element not be put at the bottom of a bowl? (not a smoking bowl) but like a claim catcher dropdown? that way you can just throw a piece down and let it melt? instead of "pushing" your concentrate up?

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
What is that heating element made of?
+1 And what is this hoover other than a glass curve with a two cables wired to a metal coil ? I know it is in the making and it will look far better but to it looks really homemade-able :D . Also there seems some spillage but it might be to user error , and the reclaim in the curve seems is going to drip down :D . Do you get more reclaim with that setup than a nail setup or smth in the vein ?

First of,let me apologise profusely for taking a 'little' while,life and stuff got in the way for a bit.;)
I'm sorry 1000X!

Finally got a vid up though :
What is that heating element made of?
It's a nickel chromium alloy,please don't ask me for further specifics,i couldn't give them if i wanted to.
that way you can just throw a piece down and let it melt? instead of "pushing" your concentrate up?
One of the things i keep coming back to is the ability to do just that,that would also make it easier to use wax/shatter and avoid a lot of dabbercontact to the metal element.
(Although with the configuration atm you 'smear on' your concentrate rather then 'pushing' it up.)
There was a leveled bowl already in the drawings a few weeks back,haven't heard back on that,will enquire at the first oppurtunity.
+1 And what is this hoover other than a glass curve with a two cables wired to a metal coil ? I know it is in the making and it will look far better but to it looks really homemade-able :D . Also there seems some spillage but it might be to user error , and the reclaim in the curve seems is going to drip down :D . Do you get more reclaim with that setup than a nail setup or smth in the vein ?
I'm actually thinking it'll look pretty much as is already.:)
I share Evert's preference for function over form and although i do think the controlcase with the pushdownbuttons will not be like the one you see in the vid(as that was probably more a case of what have we lying around at the moment that'll hold this for now) the rest will probably not change very much,if at all.
De Verdamper itself might be described as a bit homemade-laboratory as it goes and that suits me just fine.:science:;)
The spillage was the result of 3 days of heavy usage on the Spannabis-fair of 2013.
The reclaim buildup in the curve isn't significant enough to drip down whilst vaping,it does however form some very visually pleasing ripples when taking a rip.
Not sure if you get more reclaim with this,i admittedly would probably consider that a loss whilst cleaning it.
Again apologies for taking this long and thanks for watching!

Havelock Vetenari,
Reactions: NineDelta
Top Bottom