The Grasshopper

Status
Not open for further replies.

BuzzDanklin

I got the Firefly to hold me over and definitely prefer it to the MFLB which I agree was a PITA. Have the new FF batteries and they have outperformed my expectations. Here are some things I think/hope the GH will improve upon over the FF:
- Not have to wait till the 2nd hit to get a respectable cloud
- No stirring (can't wait to not have to stir!!! :))
- Ability to use while charging
- Battery not a pain to remove
- Stealth
- Less weight & bulk
- I like pens

It will definitely do all of those things, however the Firefly still wins on pure flavor, and cooler/smoother vapor. But it's drastically larger/heavier and it's more expensive less portable etc.

mitchgo61

I go where the thrills are

ShadowLink12

Activist
@BuzzDanklin , I really appreciate everything you have done in regards to communication about the vaporizer, without your work I would not have pulled the trigger yesterday.

I had a really hard time deciding between the stainless and the titanium...have you had enough time with the ti unit yet to give a rundown yet of the pros and cons? Your comment about the vapor being a bit hotter almost made me decide to save some cash and go for the ss, but I ultimately landed on the purple ti when it came time to throw my cash down. I guess I am just hoping for some validation of my decision, haha.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I got the Firefly to hold me over and definitely prefer it to the MFLB which I agree was a PITA. Have the new FF batteries and they have outperformed my expectations. Here are some things I think/hope the GH will improve upon over the FF:
- Not have to wait till the 2nd hit to get a respectable cloud
- No stirring (can't wait to not have to stir!!! :))
- Ability to use while charging
- Battery not a pain to remove
- Stealth
- Less weight & bulk
- I like pens

You forgot the precise temp control!!! That is huge to me, being able to stay vaping at a consistent lower temp, what makes it my evolution from Thermovape (whereas Elevape and Firefly were a little more lateral of a transition without precise temps, though they improve on TV in other ways). Stirring, stealth, and simpler learning curve and batteries are big plusses as well, and apparently the power...

hippogriff

@BuzzDanklin , I really appreciate everything you have done in regards to communication about the vaporizer, without your work I would not have pulled the trigger yesterday.

I had a really hard time deciding between the stainless and the titanium...have you had enough time with the ti unit yet to give a rundown yet of the pros and cons? Your comment about the vapor being a bit hotter almost made me decide to save some cash and go for the ss, but I ultimately landed on the purple ti when it came time to throw my cash down. I guess I am just hoping for some validation of my decision, haha.
Remember the "hotter vapor" Buzz mentioned is a subtle issue, still being determined, and not only is the metal different, the amount of insulating material in Buzz's SS is 45% less than in his Ti, and neither one of them are full production units. Until v1.0 units are in the hands of multiple reviewers, we know nothing.

BuzzDanklin

I really don't have enough testing in to say definitively, but I do think the Ti unit is worth it so far. Cosmetically I like the look of the non-color Ti more than the SS, and I like how it feels since its lighter. I also have gotten quite a few minor scratches on my SS unit just from standard use and the Ti should help with this (although I set it down on rocks and what not trying to take photos for everyone, which scratches it up faster)

My roommate and I fired up both units with full battery on the same temp (4) and we vaped 2 bowls in each unit all at the same time, and compared how hot the units were afterwards, the Ti was definitely less hot. I am not sure if it is from the Insulation change from my last unit, or the SS to Ti change, but the new unit *seems* to have a bit hotter vapor, which seems to translate to slightly denser clouds, and slightly quicker extraction.

@hippogriff My Ti unit is a 'v.9' but it has all the changes except for the charger and charger software tweaks. It *should* perform identical (minus charging) to the final production units.

pootsforjesus

I really don't have enough testing in to say definitively, but I do think the Ti unit is worth it so far. Cosmetically I like the look of the non-color Ti more than the SS, and I like how it feels since its lighter. I also have gotten quite a few minor scratches on my SS unit just from standard use and the Ti should help with this (although I set it down on rocks and what not trying to take photos for everyone, which scratches it up faster)

My roommate and I fired up both units with full battery on the same temp (4) and we vaped 2 bowls in each unit all at the same time, and compared how hot the units were afterwards, the Ti was definitely less hot. I am not sure if it is from the Insulation change from my last unit, or the SS to Ti change, but the new unit *seems* to have a bit hotter vapor, which seems to translate to slightly denser clouds, and slightly quicker extraction.

@hippogriff My Ti unit is a 'v.9' but it has all the changes except for the charger and charger software tweaks. It *should* perform identical (minus charging) to the final production units.
Every time you post Buzz, I get just a bit more pumped about this thing. Geeeeez.

BuzzDanklin

@BuzzDanklin is the faster bowl extraction a cause for concern for someone like me? I'm the type that likes to use little material and milk it/make it last longer. Basically meaning I don't want a 0.05 or 0.1 pack to be gone in one hit.

The extraction difference is minor from one unit to the next when you realize the GH in general is a VERY fast extracting unit, so you may already have problems milking a small load. You will definitely have to start on low temps :) You shouldn't have a problem making .05 last ~4-5 draws, but if you were wanting it to be 10+ you are going to have problems.

Mister G

Deceptively Old Fart

Great reporting. Are you going to repeat your recent "Is there conduction" experiment with the new more insulated Ti unit? See if it makes a difference to how cooked the material is at idle on high heat setting?

AgentXero

The extraction difference is minor from one unit to the next when you realize the GH in general is a VERY fast extracting unit, so you may already have problems milking a small load. You will definitely have to start on low temps :) You shouldn't have a problem making .05 last ~4-5 draws, but if you were wanting it to be 10+ you are going to have problems.

Making 0.05 last around 4-5 draws with low or mid temp is actually not bad at all for an on demand unit I would think, especially if the clouds are bigger/more potent. Thanks for the info @BuzzDanklin !

zymos

Great reporting. Are you going to repeat your recent "Is there conduction" experiment with the new more insulated Ti unit? See if it makes a difference to how cooked the material is at idle on high heat setting?

It might be interesting, but also meaningless- SS vs. Ti, and at the same time old insulation vs. New insulation.

vapebuddy13

Your resident Super Hero
So did they just not fill any Holiday Backer orders this week?
there was what, 123 holiday backers, only a certain amount were able to do it. (2 being on here at least) last at least 1 got a response that it would be out and hasn't posted yet... who knows, it may have shipped... its all speculation and assumptions

vapebuddy13,

Bradhend15

there was what, 123 holiday backers, only a certain amount were able to do it. (2 being on here at least) last at least 1 got a response that it would be out and hasn't posted yet... who knows, it may have shipped... its all speculation and assumptions

Hey.
I got in on the holiday backer. Haven't heard anything so far. Thought I would point out, and I'm sure Trevor won't be happy I'm saying this, but if you email him, you can request your serial number. I did. He said I was on the list now.
Also, as a holiday backer I contacted him about shipping. He confirmed that holiday backers will still be receiving theirs first. :)

Hey.
I got in on the holiday backer. Haven't heard anything so far. Thought I would point out, and I'm sure Trevor won't be happy I'm saying this, but if you email him, you can request your serial number. I did. He said I was on the list now.
Also, as a holiday backer I contacted him about shipping. He confirmed that holiday backers will still be receiving theirs first. :)

And he also confirmed 1 free battery for me. Not sure about the pre order people, but for sure the original backers

Last edited by a moderator:

vapebuddy13

Your resident Super Hero
And he also confirmed 1 free battery for me. Not sure about the pre order people, but for sure the original backers
thats odd seeing as the original notice about that was for pre-orders and not backers lol... but I'm curious as to why there hasn't been shipping notification yet... this is now 3 holiday backers and if all they are waiting for is chargers there should be nothing keeping these orders from going out
(also click edit instead of double posting @Bradhend15 )

hippogriff

thats odd seeing as the original notice about that was for pre-orders and not backers lol... but I'm curious as to why there hasn't been shipping notification yet... this is now 3 holiday backers and if all they are waiting for is chargers there should be nothing keeping these orders from going out
Yup, if units are built, what was the point of the Holiday Backer thing if not to ship out this week? If the PCB issue is halfway to fixed now, there's not much incentive left for backers, or benefit left to GH to have units out. NOT doubting the good intentions of GH, just grumbling about how it'll be a huge step (AND trigger more orders for GH) to get a production hopper delivered, and they could've done that, and they didn't, and it's a wasted opportunity. The Vagueness will not stop bugging me till the 1st backer gets a production hopper.

Bradhend15

Thanks for the forum etiquette tip.

Thanks for the forum etiquette tip.
I'm new to this.

Modnote: Back to back posts merged. Check your inbox for instructions.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom