The Grasshopper

Status
Not open for further replies.

zymos

I want a bronze cap, blue body, green rotory dial with a grey power button and no charger in a dented box. With a energizer aaa battery and a piece of aluminium foil for a diy battery spacer. :haw:

The last update sounds very positive. I am really looking forward to getting mine. Maybe while I'm in CO. I could stop in and see things...?

Maybe they'll let you pull the parts yourself and you can assemble a custom one!

Like many of us, seeing the pics makes me consider changing from my boring old SS one. But I'm trying to just sit tight...

vapebuddy13

Your resident Super Hero
@snamuh gotcha, wasnt thinking of the leather case as a "case" but that makes sense, I have the same coming to me (but bc I got a ss and Ti... tho might not keep the ss... or might as a backup... guh decisions decisions)

@1_gr8_underdog @zymos true, you should be able to take them apart and do that... just gotta order a Ti in each color you wanna use :p

fonzerelli

I don't really understand people wanting to make their Grasshoppers more attractive, hence, more noticeable.

Some of what drew me to this vaporizer were it's stealth qualities. I want mine to be unobtrusive and remarkably plain. What's the use of stealth if everyone notices how good looking it is?

I mean, who are you trying to please? Do you really want other people to be impressed with your purchase, because I don't! I want to be able to use this in public without people having their eyes drawn to the pen at all.

I guess if you plan on primarily using this at home, that is another matter, but then again, why buy a stealthy portable vaporizer to use at home? There are better ways to use your vaporizer money.

I don't mean to come across as preachy, but it really does seem to be a contradiction between it's stated purpose and users desires to make it pretty.

BaMbAaAChA

HAKUNA MATATA!!
@snakih we have the same order and I got 4 spare batteries too but!!
If you get ti colour you get a free leather case so feel free to remove that if you change it.
I wasn't sure that SS and ti colours will be available at the same date so I payed for ss and I left a note for change it to ti black if available.
I have bought my last vape 2 years ago waiting for Grasshoper to be my next and I can feel my wallet inching.

@fonzerelli I was thinking about that and then I notced I was carrying 2 black metal Pen and not a single silver/metal one for long time now.
So black is keeping its stealth properties or even better in bar/club where someone can mistake it for a normal black e-cig and you get the premium version that you would love to have.

vapebuddy13

Your resident Super Hero
I don't really understand people wanting to make their Grasshoppers more attractive, hence, more noticeable.

Some of what drew me to this vaporizer were it's stealth qualities. I want mine to be unobtrusive and remarkably plain. What's the use of stealth if everyone notices how good looking it is?

I mean, who are you trying to please? Do you really want other people to be impressed with your purchase, because I don't! I want to be able to use this in public without people having their eyes drawn to the pen at all.

I guess if you plan on primarily using this at home, that is another matter, but then again, why buy a stealthy portable vaporizer to use at home? There are better ways to use your vaporizer money.

I don't mean to come across as preachy, but it really does seem to be a contradiction between it's stated purpose and users desires to make it pretty.
I mean there are tons of pens out there of all sorts of colors, I dont think having a green GH over the plain silver/ss color will make it any less stealthy imo. If I saw someone with either I would look at it as a pen, whether it were silver, blue, green, etc. (well I guess bronze and maybe purple would catch my eye for an extra second as they are less common pen colors) and as far as seeing someone use it, well that doesnt matter what color it is bc if someone puts a pen to their mouth and the next second vapor is coming out, Im going to be curious

Wzfbaby7

Lol. Colors are interesting and attractive. Not everyone has stealth as their top priority and others simply don't care. Let em have their fun, this is the best news we've gotten in a while.

EdE80

Man!!! I am so happy that I changed mine to the Blue Ti! I think the contrast in color from pen to clip really makes for a great look! So if I had an April ship date originally, I wonder how long until I get my hands on it... FINALLY!!!!!

I'm also guessing that they didn't have the clips in for the mid May update, hence the half pictures of the colored Ti. Worth the wait in my opinion

Kalessin

I personally feel that mine being green will make it look different than a regular pen. It will make it look like a HIGH QUALITY pen. If it was just sitting out if someone looked at it it would make it look like I had spent money on a expensive pen for myself, which would make sense for me, since I have to write a lot for my job. Like @vapebuddy13 said, once someone sees you sucking vapor out of something, it's kind of out of the bag anyway. The stealth of it looking like a pen to me is only for when people see me with it and I'm not using it.

baltik

From the comment section of Buzz's ti review that may be of interest...

"Yes. I’m still doing some testing with my roommate but the vapor temp seems a bit warmer with the TI model. It definitely cools down faster and cooler to the touch but let me do some more comparing with the SS model and TI model."

baltik,

JiggyJack

Stealth is the least important feature on my list for this vape. Plus, I still say it is not very stealthy to suck on a pen with a bunch of glowing leds and then let out a huge cloud of vapor (I know I am in the minority in this viewpoint).

I'm not saying the Grasshopper isn't stealthy, I just think the main reason it is stealthy is it's ability to clear a bowl as quickly as it seems to. IMO the form factor really only makes it stealthy when you are not actively using it, like leaving it on the table in a restaurant (of course the smell will give it away pretty quickly).

I'm trying to please me. I want to be happy looking at it every time I take it out of the case to use.

But TBCH, I'd also rather pass a friend the latest jewel rather than yesterday's turd. I buy all my fun tech in part on how it looks, it's form factor, it's design. From the beginning I have been impressed with the intelligence that went into the technological design of this vape which is why I don't really care that the clips don't match (even though I wish they did).

I bought this specifically for home use (knowing full well I wouldn't leave it home alone on a Saturday night). I have seen no other vaporizer, desktop or portable, that will suit my needs/usage at home better than this.

I'm a single dad with three small, curious children so I need to be quick and discreet. I can't disappear for 15-20 minutes to set up, load, use, break-down and clean a big desktop (wait until after bedtime? bite your tongue).

My current portable works fine but the Grasshopper will make my life so much easier.

And I don't mean to come across as contradictory. From what I can find, it's stated purpose is to be "Powerful, durable and discreet, and to push the boundary of what's possible". Discretion (stealth) is just one part of that equation.

Everyone will have a different set of reasons why they make one decision over another. I admit though, it is really hard when you know the other guy is just wrong :myday::rofl:.

Hope that helps.

snamuh

ghost

I get what your saying but honestly I never had much of an issue with the ways I use in public. I just keep walking down the street. Depending on the area I'll keep distance from others. Even when I combusted if i was in the city I would do it casually and openly. Its a different story if I'm with another person though. And I obviously keep an eye out.

I don't really think any vape is stealth because you can still smell it, unless maybe it was at low temps.

I also an art guy so appearance can make me happy haha

Posted this before seeing you last post.

JiggyJack

@fonzerelli You didn't come across as if you were saying others were wrong. You were clearly raising your own opinions while questioning the way others felt.

The last part of my post was a comment on human nature because as I was responding I had to keep reminding myself that you weren't wrong in what you were saying just because it wasn't right for me.

JiggyJack,
Reactions: snamuh

hippogriff

I'm a single dad with three small, curious children so I need to be quick and discreet. I can't disappear for 15-20 minutes to set up, load, use, break-down and clean a big desktop (wait until after bedtime? bite your tongue).
I'm primary parent w/ similar issues (single parents are rock stars, good job man). I just want ONE, small vape, that's useful everywhere, and speed makes way more of a difference w/ discreetness than appearance for my use.

slcbdco

Brewer, Lobbyist, Vaporist
I want a bronze cap, blue body, green rotory dial with a grey power button and no charger in a dented box. With a energizer aaa battery and a piece of aluminium foil for a diy battery spacer. :haw:

The last update sounds very positive. I am really looking forward to getting mine. Maybe while I'm in CO. I could stop in and see things...?
I'll come!

Kalessin

I've become very interested in that idea, since I heard of it, but I've so far been too lazy to find out what the actual process is. I can't taste it anyway, so it would be a total positive for me.

Kalessin,

JiggyJack

I never heard that about curing. I'd miss the good, early flavors but if it got rid of the later popcorny flavors also I'd do it. I'm afraid it involves heating it though and that in and of itself will my the house reek.

JiggyJack,

zymos

I don't know if people are aware of this, but you can cure cannabis to remove all odor, making it super stealthy.

The drawback is primarily you lose all of the flavor as well.

That would ruin much of the enjoyment for me.

I should also add that many of those aromatic compounds are psychoactive in their own right, or modulate the effects of the cannabinoids.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom