The Grasshopper

Status
Not open for further replies.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
I fucking love this thing. I really hope it talks the talk. Everything about it is right. The draw time/clouds are a bit subtle from what I was expecting but I'm hopeful. Would like to see a real video with a complete walk-through and demonstration. It's the closest we can get to trying it ourselves. If a pictures worth a thousand words a video must be a million.

Not sure why some think water filtration ruins the form factor, that discreet form factor makes it perfect to bringing to a buddies house who has his own water piece. Also, he said it was as strong as desktop vape and you can use it while charging so I hope you can just stick it in a female joint, that would be ideal for me.

If this thing really works the Grasshopper + the oil attachment and a top notch bubbler and I will get rid of every other medical tool I own.

Custom Flower Hardware

Manufacturer
I fucking love this thing. I really hope it talks the talk. Everything about it is right. The draw time/clouds are a bit subtle from what I was expecting but I'm hopeful. Would like to see a real video with a complete walk-through and demonstration. It's the closest we can get to trying it ourselves. If a pictures worth a thousand words a video must be a million.

Not sure why some think water filtration ruins the form factor, that discreet form factor makes it perfect to bringing to a buddies house who has his own water piece. Also, he said it was as strong as desktop vape and you can use it while charging so I hope you can just stick it in a female joint, that would be ideal for me.

If this thing really works the Grasshopper + the oil attachment and a top notch bubbler and I will get rid of every other medical tool I own.
From what I took out of that video I thought the clouds were way nice for just that little tiny bit of weed he dumped out on the white paper. This thing can hold a half gram they said plus straight convection with heat insulation so you don't burn your lips off. I think this will be a new platform because of the multiple temp adjustments with the convection will be first. Yes, the Cera
is great, but no temp dial and way shorter battery time. Locking switch!!!! WOOO HOO!!!! plus it's cool as cash to look at. I really can't wait!!!:love:

nopartofme

Over the falls, in a barrel
The brief animation of the heat exchanger in their campaign video looks very promising. It makes me curious how it was designed for conduction originally, given they announced a change to convection not too long ago. It certainly looks like a convection-centric design.

The question remains how they generate enough heat to raise the air temperature to 100°–210°C without getting the metal body hot, and then how they cool the vapor so quickly afterward. The spiral air path in the heat exchanger is really neat; maybe they have a similar pathway in the mouthpiece. Whatever they're using for insulation has to be some pretty impressive stuff for it to remain comfortable there too.

The resistance of the internals to long-term heat-related wear & tear is another thing I'm curious about. The lack of wires inside is definitely promising in that regard.

Such an intriguing little guy...

The infographic implies you can run this vape for 6 hours at temperatures up to 410f. Can we get some actual numbers? like how many bowls before the battery dies (and how many grams vaped)
I don't think the graphic suggests that at all. It says 3 hours normal use and 6 hours max. I'm guessing that involves a few variables like temperature setting and how often it's being drawn on, given it must draw more power to maintain temperature while being hit. I'm guessing 'hardcore usage' at max temp while drawing on it frequently will be closer to 2 hours battery life or less.

As for giving estimates on "how many bowls per battery", there's just too many variables involved for them to be able to give a good estimate. Moisture content of the herbs, for one thing, can significantly impact how long it takes to finish a load. Then you have the temperature setting, how often you're pulling, how fine your grind is, the amount that you've loaded, how far you like to vape your herbs...

Last edited:

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
As for giving estimates on "how many bowls per battery", there's just too many variables involved for them to be able to give a good estimate. Moisture content of the herbs, for one thing, can significantly impact how long it takes to finish a load. Then you have the temperature setting, how often you're pulling, how fine your grind is, the amount that you've loaded, how far you like to vape your herbs...
Curing of herb (FLOWERS) varies from grower to grower.
So your assessment is correct.
Hard to answer!
Whole nugget loading?

nopartofme

Over the falls, in a barrel
Whole nugget loading?
That's an interesting thought; I wonder how effective the cyclone of hot air might be at penetrating a load. I'm off course reminded of the HerbalAire's cyclone bowl, where whole-nug loading is an advertised feature.

This guy is obviously too small for a whole nug, but it would be interesting to do some 'pentesting' (:rofl:) with pellet-style loading à la Vapolution.

Last edited:

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
That's an interesting thought; I wonder how effective the cyclone of hot air might be at penetrating a load. The concept reminds me of what I've read about the HerbalAire's cyclone bowl, where whole-nug loading is a feature.

This guy is obviously too small for a whole nug, but it would be interesting to do some 'pentesting' (:rofl:) with pellet-style loading à la Vapolution.
The NANO and the VAPOLUTION I load whole flowers.
Just thinking this might be a way with the ZEN?

Others have tried to do what ZEN is attempting to do.

All the small units taste like DOG DO!

I hope ZEN can pull it off!

Vaping is the way the truth and the life only if flavor is not comprised!

Last edited:

geraldus

I jumped in early and got one of those $89.00 ones , I think I was number 29. But if fundraising starts to lag , I would consider getting another one , a titanium model would be nice.
It would encourage sales if they could get a few of these into the hands of people who could report on their experience on forums like this one , I hope they have something like that in mind.

HillaryClinton

Future ruler of earth
I jumped in early and got one of those $89.00 ones , I think I was number 29. But if fundraising starts to lag , I would consider getting another one , a titanium model would be nice.
It would encourage sales if they could get a few of these into the hands of people who could report on their experience on forums like this one , I hope they have something like that in mind.

The initial boom seems to be over, that would help, that and some Stretch goals.

HillaryClinton

Future ruler of earth
yeah, things slowed down a little. the sudden disappearence definatelly must have cost some exposure. the zenpen had 300 followers on facebook. the grasshopper only around 150 so far. we still have 29 days to go, so it's too soon to panic.

Well we can always try expanding its area, any forums that don't have a thread about this might work, but yeah no reason to panic yet, its still gathering money, just slowly. Not sure what else could be done, my friend might buy one haha....

axakal

i'm spreading the word among my non-fc-friends. two seem to be on board already. not much, but still. :)

Well we can always try expanding its area, any forums that don't have a thread about this might work, but yeah no reason to panic yet, its still gathering money, just slowly. Not sure what else could be done, my friend might buy one haha....

Zenpen

Grasshopper
Manufacturer
Hey guys,
Thanks for your support so far! We're pretty excited about the response we've seen in just one day. If any of you would like to help spread the word about our indiegogo campaign on your blogs or youtube channels that would be fantastic! We're planning on getting some models out to reviewers half way through the campaign , but for now if you could let your audience know that this campaign is happening and that it has potential, that would be super. We don't expect anyone to endorse it without trying it, but you can let people know its a thing!

Since some people were wondering, I'm Conrad from the video. Hello. If you have any questions about the team let me know! My background is in mechanical engineering from Queen's University were I'm part of the start up and entrepreneur community. I'm also a musician and I made the little ukulele song in the video. Matthew and Trevor are kind of a big deal because of their aerospace start up company that has been getting lots of attention.

Help us reach our goal of 35k by the end of this weekend!
http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/grasshopper-vaporizer

lwien

But for God's sake, don't go to a site that you've never been to before, or have but with a new name and IP, and spam 12 different threads with the exact same post about the Grasshopper with a link to their site. Some idiot did that over at GC. Got banned and had all of his posts removed and created much more bad will than good.

The assumption was, was that this guy was affiliated with the company and that is NOT a good thing. He/she used the exact same avy as you have except it said GH instead of ZP.

There have been a few posts over there from people who were thinking about getting the GH but decided not to simply because they didn't want to do business with a company that did this kind of "gorilla" marketing.

So Zenpen, I would suggest that if you're going to encourage others to spread the word, that you may want to put some restrictions on that or at least some guidelines as to what you mean by "spread the word".

Last edited:

Zenpen

Grasshopper
Manufacturer
But for God's sake, don't go to a site that you've never been to before, or have but with a new name and IP, and spam 12 different threads with the exact same post about the Grasshopper with a link to their site. Some idiot did that over at GC. Got banned and had all of his posts removed and created much more bad will than good.

The assumption was, was that this guy was affiliated with the company and that is NOT a good thing. There have been a few posts over there from people who were thinking about getting the GH but decided not to simply because they didn't want to do business with a company that did this kind of "gorilla" marketing.

So Zenpen, I would suggest that if you're going to encourage others to spread the word, that you may want to put some restrictions on that or at least some guidelines as to what you mean by "spread the word".

Why would anyone assume they are with the company if they aren't using a Grasshopper account? Doesn't really seem fair that we would be blamed for every nut that goes around spamming. Not like we can control it. I'm not going to condescend to the people in his thread and tell them how internetiqette works. I think FC members understand.

lwien

Why would anyone assume they are with the company if they aren't using a Grasshopper account? Doesn't really seem fair that we would be blamed for every nut that goes around spamming. Not like we can control it. I'm not going to condescend to the people in his thread and tell them how internetiqette works. I think FC members understand.

He used the exact same logo as you in his AVY except the font said GH instead of ZP. That's why. Also, it is not an unusual practice for manufacturers to create shill accounts to do exactly what was done over at GC, and that is why the assumptions were made.

And in regards to condescending to people here, please realize that not all of us are FC veterans and that there are MANY who have recently migrated here from GC and other sites as well as the fact that there are many who lurk here but never become active members.

So while I agree that, for the most part, the FC veterans don't need to be educated in internet etiquette, the amount of FC veterans that view these threads are miniscule as compared to those that are not FC vets.

Last edited:

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Hey guys,
Thanks for your support so far! We're pretty excited about the response we've seen in just one day. If any of you would like to help spread the word about our indiegogo campaign on your blogs or youtube channels that would be fantastic! We're planning on getting some models out to reviewers half way through the campaign , but for now if you could let your audience know that this campaign is happening and that it has potential, that would be super. We don't expect anyone to endorse it without trying it, but you can let people know its a thing!

Since some people were wondering, I'm Conrad from the video. Hello. If you have any questions about the team let me know! My background is in mechanical engineering from Queen's University were I'm part of the start up and entrepreneur community. I'm also a musician and I made the little ukulele song in the video. Matthew and Trevor are kind of a big deal because of their aerospace start up company that has been getting lots of attention.

Help us reach our goal of 35k by the end of this weekend!
http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/grasshopper-vaporizer
Are you a medical or recreation consumer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom