The Grasshopper

Status
Not open for further replies.

peaceonearth

high since 1968
It looks like the Aladdin one has a male joint. If so, you'd need to buy an adapter.

Good to know, I was wondering about that. Possible disqualifier for me for adding to the form factor, not sure :hmm: on the other hand maybe that would keep the water farther away from my GH and help to protect it?

Last edited:
peaceonearth,

caves

Living the vape life
@peaceonearth you might want to check out the more recent pages of the cheap, high quality bubbler thread for some more suggestions and help.

The Aladdin one, in addition to having a male joint instead of a female, looks like it pulls a lot of water up to the mouthpiece in use. The video on the page has someone taking super quick light draws and you can see water going pretty far up the tube. Getting vape water in your mouth isn't always the best thing! I'd look for something a little more traditional and proven.

peaceonearth

high since 1968
@peaceonearth you might want to check out the more recent pages of the cheap, high quality bubbler thread for some more suggestions and help.

The Aladdin one, in addition to having a male joint instead of a female, looks like it pulls a lot of water up to the mouthpiece in use. The video on the page has someone taking super quick light draws and you can see water going pretty far up the tube. Getting vape water in your mouth isn't always the best thing! I'd look for something a little more traditional and proven.

Thanks so much, will follow your sound advice. It was so cute though :cry:

peaceonearth,
Reactions: caves

peaceonearth

high since 1968
@peaceonearth I honestly would go for an 18mm with a reducer as well gives you much more scope to choose from.
This is a nice unit and you can pick up reducers for a couple of $/£
Whats the reason why you dont want/dislike the reducer?
http://www.dhgate.com/product/honey-comb-and-in-line-percolator-glass-bubbler/183730847.html

Thanks! That would be at the top of my list if not for the reducer, but maybe the reducer wouldn't be as bad as I'm thinking. My prob with it is I like simplicity and it adds to the form factor, plus it's another thing for my cats to break (they killed my herborizer, but I still love them.)

Last edited:
peaceonearth,

Justpassedu

Here is another great bubbler option for all of you , i know allot of people on the forum love this option and i myself , its small and perfect - pipes daddy vapor glass bubbler - http://www.pipesdaddy.com/product-p/vp-0022.htm , here is a pic for size comparison attached to my extreme Q , its 18mm so you'll need a adapter -
DDDA8328-42F1-437B-9E4C-7CF08F7CF9CF_zpsk3s4hpay.jpg

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
Thanks! That would be at the top of my list if not for the reducer, but maybe the reducer wouldn't be as bad as I'm thinking. My prob with it is I like simplicity and it adds to the form factor, plus it's another thing for my cats to break (they killed my herborizer, but I still love them.)

You know, if that is an issue, I do sell silicone reducers on my store - though I don't know how well they work with the grasshopper until I get mine

smokum

I am who I am and your approval isn't needed!
I'm actually surprised at how many posts there are regarding the use of bubblers with the Grasshopper... The primary reason I'm purchasing a Hopper is for the stealth factor and out and about use without carrying a bunch stuff with me..

Wouldn't it make more sense to attach your bubblers and water tools to your home desktop unit? I'm sure the Grasshoper will work just fine attached to a bubbler, but it just seems strange to me why you would want to....

Perhaps for use with something like this would work:

10mm-micro-pendant-pendi-oil-rig-waterpipe-bubbler-dab-957f.jpg

smokum,
Reactions: bounce5

Mrbinky

You know, if that is an issue, I do sell silicone reducers on my store - though I don't know how well they work with the grasshopper until I get mine
I wonder if the grasshopper would still need the Silicon mothpiece if one used an 18 to 14mm silicon adapter?

Mrbinky,

bounce5

It says 29.95 when I click the link, shipping included as well.

For that price I may pick one up just for the novelty factor.

Damn, it's because I live outside of the contiguous U.S. Sometimes we get majorly screwed on shipping...

bounce5,

bounce5

@bounce5

I edit added another link in my previous post that has a little assortment different ones.....
Thanks! I dig the short one thats only 3.75 inches tall. Still a bit expensive at $54 plus don't know shipping, but might be doable.
http://www.pipesplace.com/pendant-dag-rig-with-pink-and-black-swirls/

I had no idea of the world of the mini pendant rig...Oh wait...this one's more affordable at $40 and free shipping....they have a cool video of it too.
http://dabberworld.com/product/mini-glass-pendant-dab-rig-10mm/

Last edited:
bounce5,
Reactions: smokum
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom