HillaryClinton

Future ruler of earth
How about a mix of Shit Snacks and °k?

During heat up it flashes as follows:
[Battery Level] [LED]
51-100% Flashes Blue
50% Alternate Blue/Red
20% Flashes Red

When ready at all levels it stays steady blue.

I think I'd only be interested in knowing when the battery is half full to get a heads up and then again while there's something more than three draws left.

I like this best.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
How about a mix of Shit Snacks and °k?

During heat up it flashes as follows:
[Battery Level] [LED]
51-100% Flashes Blue
50% Alternate Blue/Red
20% Flashes Red

When ready at all levels it stays steady blue.

I think I'd only be interested in knowing when the battery is half full to get a heads up and then again while there's something more than three draws left.

We may have a winner?

fonzerelli

I'm too fucking excited for this. I really hope it comes before the end of March (even though I know it's more likely I'll get mine in mid to late April).

I think Buzz mentioned in an earlier post regarding the battery level indicator, that Trevor is getting back from China in 2-3 weeks, which is how long they'd have to implement changes to the firmware.

I'm guessing another month at least based on that.

natural farmer

So much info these days! Thanks so much everyone and of course you @BuzzDanklin!

My only gripe so far is that the ABV doesn't look as evenly cooked as in the Crafty. Maybe with smaller loads it gets better and with some tapping you can stir the load also?

About the charge indicator, why not doing this like the Crafty? Only one color, different duration of flashing. Very efficient so far for me..

Also @BuzzDanklin, how would you compare it to the Crafty in general?

BuzzDanklin

So much info these days! Thanks so much everyone and of course you @BuzzDanklin!

My only gripe so far is that the ABV doesn't look as evenly cooked as in the Crafty. Maybe with smaller loads it gets better and with some tapping you can stir the load also?

About the charge indicator, why not doing this like the Crafty? Only one color, different duration of flashing. Very efficient so far for me..

Also @BuzzDanklin, how would you compare it to the Crafty in general?

That last AVB photo you saw was an extreme conditions test. I loaded .30g in, which was as full as it would go and tamped down. Then I took 3 monster rips through a bubbler. The AVB came out alright for the situation.

As far as comparing it to the Crafty, well I don't want to make too many comparisons yet, because I am still learning a lot and testing with this vape. But I would so far say the flavor starts off close to the Crafty but drops below it by the end of the bowl. The vapor is definitely hotter and more harsh. The density of the Grasshopper I would guess can go double or maybe triple what the Crafty can put out if you crank it. For its size/price, its real impressive, but the vapor quality overall is definitely better on the Crafty, unless you are a cloud chaser (Then this thing is near the top for portables, I don't think you can get a bigger/stronger/more medicating single draw from any portable vape, except maybe the Firefly, although the Fireflies draw would taste better :))

I just vaped my final bowl for the night. I loaded .25 into the grasshopper, and set the temp temp 3.5/180c/356f. I then took 12 draws over the coarse of ~20 minutes. Each draw was ~8-12 seconds of heat, then I clicked it off, and drew for another ~3 seconds. I then waited for ~1.5-2mins, and took another draw. This was the best way I could simulate a longer session with the grasshopper. Halfway through I was DEFINITELY good and ready, but I had to finish to get the photo!

Here is a photo of the AVB: (I still can't get a good photo, it looks lighter in person.)
IxY1H8k.jpg

P.S. I havent found AVB to be much more consistent than the Crafty/Mighty from any vape, I absolutely love how consistent they are!

Last edited:

mestizo

.25 to .30 per load, wow that sounds like a lot, and you finish it in 3 rips? are you sure you are not missing a cero to the right of the decimal point? If you are really loading that much then this thing has to have a larger oven than the Pax and it will be considered a herb hog in my book.

mestizo,
Reactions: KeroZen

Spinuch

@BuzzDanklin I have a few questions. Have you tried the titanium unit? If so is the difference in weight noticeable between the TI and SS? Also I'm a bit worried about pocket lint or dirt getting in the mouthpiece hole. Does that seem like it would be a problem?

With the solo the vapor is almost bearable without water filtration for me at setting 3. I'm wondering if it's similar with the grasshopper? I believe setting 3 is 374 on the solo which is the same as setting 4 on the hopper (at least for now). Is the throat irritation comparable at mid to low temps with the solo?

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
.25 to .30 per load, wow that sounds like a lot, and you finish it in 3 rips? are you sure you are not missing a cero to the right of the decimal point? If you are really loading that much then this thing has to have a larger oven than the Pax and it will be considered a herb hog in my book.

He already said you can use as little material as you want and it works fine, Buzz just goes hard (and he's testing the shit out of it). It's not conduction so it doesn't need a full pack, and its efficiency seems to be far far from herb hog class, that's like Imag/FlowerMate/Pax1 conduction session vapes...

@BuzzDanklin love the look and sound of that session! I love that temp and good to see it can really do a lot of damage at it! I can really see myself sticking to low temps like that a lot so good to know the results are that strong

zymos

I'd doubt the warrenty would cover something like the redesign of the screen they are doing now, or changes to the firmware, and any other improvements and refinements they might come up with farther on down the line...

zymos,

SmorezNTickles

It's real.
I'd doubt the warrenty would cover something like the redesign of the screen they are doing now, or changes to the firmware, and any other improvements and refinements they might come up with farther on down the line...
I think that what he was inferring, was if there were ever any issues with the heater or something, the warranty would enable us to receive a new, updated unit?

SmorezNTickles,

hi_there

If I bought a pre-order I would expect the newest design with all the fixes. I understand if you took part in the fund raising you might not get that, but even then, why not start off your product with the best possible units and make all people happy.

b0

Cloudy...
I really want to see more reviews and a comparison between this and the elevape.

For me the ESV has become the perfect portable vape after some tuning. Full conduction, amazing flavor, the vapor isn't harsh, big range of different temperatures... Just amazing.

If I hadn't bought it like 2 weeks ago, I will buy a GH just to try it, it sound really promising!

SmorezNTickles

It's real.
If I bought a pre-order I would expect the newest design with all the fixes. I understand if you took part in the fund raising you might not get that, but even then, why not start off your product with the best possible units and make all people happy.
I'm sure everyone is going to get the updated units, surely they won't send out alphas, as VW said, he's getting the updated one to test for us as well when it becomes readily available.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom