The Grasshopper

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snappo

Caveat Emptor - "A Billion People Can Be Wrong!"
Accessory Maker
Arizer, for example, just recently entered their Air portable into the market-place at large, without a hint of pre-announcement. It appears to be going great guns right out of the starting gate. Granted, Arizer has been well-established for quite some time now and in no need of crowdfunding or the production of a constant feed of media hype. Grasshopper, on the other hand, is a start-from-nowhere operation that pulled A LOT of strings together to bring this puppet to life (and I'm not suggesting Pinocchio). Lots of trial & error, but still on track for release. Schedules are quite often fraught with multiple causes for failure, but it appears that, given what we do know, the Grasshopper team has persevered and will bring our polished pen to the finish line. One reason I can see for Grasshopper's need to make their progress known to all along the way, albeit slow & scantily clad, is to keep the prospect of future sales & interest ongoing through media such as they are doing. They MUST stay on the radar screen in order to remain viable in an ever-expanding market niche. Now nearing the light at the end of the tunnel, I think they have done this as well or better than many stillborn start-ups and sub-par laggers, appearing close to seeing the light of day. Crowdfunders, and perhaps more-so, FC members, are by nature an anxious breed not unlike grocery store moms all over the country wanting their weekly fix of The National Enquirer - and inquiring minds always want to know. I expect that we here at FC are 10X more unquenchable when it comes to this kind of thirst because our ears are almost permanently affixed to the wet ground primed to hear the next tip-toe or mini-quake headed our way! We also tend to be more seasoned and knowledgeable than the average Indian, and more demanding of clarification and specificity. Personally, in retrospect, while feeling the holy spirit of fairness and quelling my need for instant gratification, I can consider that the Grasshopper team is doing the very best they can on all fronts, to include providing the on-time real-time media fix many feel an entitlement to. Somehow, I think it is far too easy to look a gift horse in the mouth - all-too-often it's just never enough ...and inquiring minds always want to know more...:2c::2c:

I think people will be satisfied when it's in someone's hands and it works as advertised.
Agreed! This is not unfair! But to be yet unsatisfied falls short of good reason to cast aspersions - it may very well be proven that many have crossed over that line. Being that this is a Sunday morning, a thoughtful sermon would not be out of place or time. Love to all!

Last edited:

andygut

So I have 3 days left to pre order. This thing seemed great before the changes I made hearing about.. what are the features now?

andygut,

fonzerelli

They are going to put a 10 gram sized bowl in the pen, and it will do bags like the Herbalizer.

The clip can inflate tires in a pinch. Most annoying, the included flashlight only shines at 2000 lumens.

They were debating adding Tivo compatibility with it, but were too concerned that it would add 250 milligrams to the overall weight.

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
Thank you the Reverend @Snappo for bringing some common sense into the conversation.

There are new vaporizers coming out every day. There's a lot of competition and I think many companies want to guard their secrets to the operations and the looks of their vaporizer until the very end. So maybe that's why the video hasn't been released? They don't want other companies to copy their ideas before they get them out into the marketplace and vaporizer stores. There will be a fake of this thing out immediately.

Unisonruss

Still haven't preordered with only a few days left, as I want a product review first, or at least a video showing off final version, and someone using it. Hopefully this turns out great!

Unisonruss,

vapemon

This post is in violation of our "Be Nice" and "Attacking Companies" rule. Warning point issued.
what irresponsible fucks they can't even keep their word.

vapemon,

Mr.tuffyino-h-i-o

images

1_gr8_underdog

Trapped in the Astral Planes Back from the dead
I ordered a extra battery with my Grasshopper so, it can jump to moon. :p
I hope the battery life is as good as projected. I find this is the worst part of the majority of battery powered vaporizers I own. It has been addressed by making the battery swappable in two of my current vapes the mflb and firefly. I am thinking the life cycle of these style batteries are greater than the ones I already have.

Last edited:
1_gr8_underdog,

nonbeliever

I would usually post the "well that escalated quickly meme" in response but given the timeline of original product delivery date....I can't :/ lol

Sadly, they have not really been terribly reliable on their dates:

2/4/2014 – “With these few small revisions in place, we will be ready to ship.”
3/17/2014 – “To keep our shipping date realistic, we’re moving it to July.”
5/1/2104 – “The first question on your minds must be “are we on schedule for the July delivery?” I am happy to tell you that we are still on schedule.”
6/1/2014 – “We’re continuing to shoot for beginning deliveries in late July and early August, but a more likely delivery date for the bulk of the units will be September.”
7/1/2014 – “It’s exciting to see everything starting to come together!”
8/15/2014 – “We’re still expecting to begin shipping in Late September.”
9/1/2014 – “We’ve been pushing very hard to get the first units out this month and this has been mostly very successful. But with our manufacturers’ unpredictable delays, it’s still difficult to say if we will hit our September deadline.”
10/15/2014 – “So far we’re looking good for December”
11/1/2014 – “We’re pleased that there haven’t been any problems or hiccups since laying out the goal to have our first units ready before the end of the year”
1/16/2015 – “we are closer than ever to sending it your way”
2/1/2015 – “We are getting very close to delivery”

Perhaps our expectations are wrong.

Gregori

CannaBoss
Well, it's only been six days since their email [1], so there's still hope!

[1]
Is there still hope ? ;-)
Nah really. They shouldn't say things they can't do. They look ridiculous and it gives haters what they look for. So sad they can't deliver a single vidéo on time...

Gregori,

Gregori

CannaBoss
I don't care about the vidéo Either. It 's Just sad they always have to give announcements(?).

Gregori,

Krazzykid

I don't care about the vidéo Either. It 's Just sad they always have to give announcements(?).
People complain when their updates aren't exactly on time, but would you rather hear nothing from them for months at a time?

It's not like they owe anyone updates, they do them because they choose to. Perhaps they ran into issues recording the video? Maybe they lost footage during editing and had to re-record?

My point is that we don't know the reasons for the delay. A little bit of patience goes a long way though.

Edit
What they said was "video showing normal use and operation will be released this coming week".
Notice how they said "this coming week" and not "this week"?

Yesterday was Sunday, which is the beginning of the week, and technically the beginning of "this coming week". Technically by that logic they have until the end of day on Saturday the 14th to release the video. Right?

Last edited:

Krazzykid

I am not saying that I am right about it, or that anyone else is wrong, that is just my medicated way of thinking about it.

In my opinion I wouldn't say "this coming week" if I meant the week that had already started. If I meant it that way then I would say "this week". My :2c:

Krazzykid,
Reactions: Snappo

nonbeliever

People complain when their updates aren't exactly on time, but would you rather hear nothing from them for months at a time?

It's not like they owe anyone updates, they do them because they choose to. Perhaps they ran into issues recording the video? Maybe they lost footage during editing and had to re-record?

My point is that we don't know the reasons for the delay. A little bit of patience goes a long way though.

Edit
What they said was "video showing normal use and operation will be released this coming week".
Notice how they said "this coming week" and not "this week"?

Yesterday was Sunday, which is the beginning of the week, and technically the beginning of "this coming week". Technically by that logic they have until the end of day on Saturday the 14th to release the video. Right?

The communications we have been receiving are pretty much excuses as to why they aren't shipping, and really haven't been very different or enlightening over the past year, so I'm not sure the value of them, other than some photos of boxes. It certainly appears that the point of those communications is to keep the hope alive while they do whatever it is they are doing be it rolling out a product or going through the motions.

As zymos said, I don't care about the video. I want the unit already if they are really going to ship it.

zymos

I always get confused about that too. Today is Mon. the 9th. Is Sat. the 14th "this Saturday" or "next Saturday"??
Hey, at least this is all on topic anyway....

I think they catch way too much shit about "the boxes". There have been a hell of a lot of photos of things other than boxes!

luckypucky

Covered in Peepaws
I always get confused about that too. Today is Mon. the 9th. Is Sat. the 14th "this Saturday" or "next Saturday"??

I think they catch way too much shit about "the boxes". There have been a hell of a lot of photos of things other than boxes!
They went dark with no photos for a while and out of everything they chose to show of the pen after not really much in the way of explaining where they were in sending us the pens.. They took photos and were really happy about the box design.. That's how that started if I remember.. Sorry.. It's been a year ya know my memory isn't as sharp as it was last year lol

luckypucky,

Krazzykid

Sat the 14th in this context would be "this Saturday". It would also be "this coming Saturday", simply because it is the next(untouched/full) one to come up.

Krazzykid,
Reactions: zymos

zymos

I would still say "next Saturday" in that context. Confuses my wife every time. It's the next Saturday that we will experience, I just always think "next"= it's going to happen in the future. Which day? Saturday. Therefore: "next Saturday".
I may not be right, but at least it makes sense to my mind!

zymos,
Reactions: Shrike
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom