Discontinued The GotVape Aroma Classic

quomist

Rock the Casbah
EDIT:

I shouldn't be adding fuel to the fire. This site is called Fuck Combustion.

quomist,

stinkmeaner

Lots of angry comments about this vape from the above poster, I could see you having an opinion if you have seen it in person, it seems mean to post such negative comments when the thread starter is obviously happy with his purchase.

Like mentioned before me, most vapes that enter the market are not revolutionary but there is always room for another functional solid product, atleast they came out with a new housing in bamboo which seems pretty nice looking IMO.

stinkmeaner,

the electrician

ahhh thought i was in here when i posted in the other thread (in which he gave a glowing review), anyway i think thats an 18.8mm male joint on it, id connect that mother straight up to a bong and proceed to get high as hell. only thing i dont like about it is the wands bowl size, bit big for me. but thats true of just about everything on the market so what can you do, and you can always make your own (which the bong route would require)

the electrician,

aznfknpride

borosilicate fiend..
Most box vapes have male 18.8mm joints, the problem lies within finding a bowl for the bong, and holding the vape up to rip it... Best bet would be a gong whip attachment.

aznfknpride,

the electrician

unless youve got one arm or something i cant see holding it as being a problem at all. all a bowl needs to be is a cleverly placed screen somewhere along the lines

the electrician,

VaporHand

I know someone who has this exact vaporizer, and the part on the whip that connects to the stem is a piece of glass glued into a metal threaded ring (for the dual screens)
Anyway- The glass part started to bend out of the metal ring, because the glue was letting loose, so now his whip is at a fucked angle. Doesn't even use it anymore, cause he's scared of the glue.
Maybe once he tries my soon-to-ship myrtlezap he'll want to buy one too.

VaporHand,

Michelley

I am not sure why there is so much hate on this website, I wanted to post a review for this vaporizer on as many posts as I can because I feel this is an excellent vaporizer. I am new to vaporizing and bought this one becuase my friend did first and I was able to try it.

I read some of the comments before I posted anything because there was so much informaiton I did some research as well. Spikyvape has some bad information - the Aroma Classic is like those 2 other old school vapes, but it has new features that those do not - for one it has an auto shut off timer and the 2 piece bowl also. I just do not think its fair to say this not a better vape.

How can you review something you yourself have not tried yet? Also I spoke with the company that makes the vaporizer and there really is a life time warranty - they told me they would take care of me if there is anything wrong with my vaporizer - they actually said they take care of the warranty on any vaporizer they sell not only their own.

Michelley,

max

Out to lunch
Michelley, I'd say you're not too experienced with forums. The kind of attitude you're unhappy with is common on forums, although I think your description of "so much hate on this website" is just as uncalled for as some of the comments you're complaining about. I do agree that all the highly negative comments on a vape that the OP is happy with are out of line with the vibe we'd like to present to new members, and speaking as staff, I can tell you that we intend to take steps to avoid making new members afraid to post reviews for fear of getting responses like some in this thread.

I just do not think its fair to say this not a better vape.
Auto shut off is a nice feature, and some do like the two piece wand system, but there's more to being better than counting features. You can get a box vape with digital display for $50, but in this price range (even the $150 range), digital isn't better.

I spoke with the company that makes the vaporizer and there really is a life time warranty
The lifetime warranty applies to heater failure only. It's stated at the bottom of the page for that model. Vaporstore supplies the same warranty for some of their 'in house models' (Vapor Tower, VaporBox).

stinkmeaner said:
I could see you having an opinion if you have seen it in person, it seems mean to post such negative comments when the thread starter is obviously happy with his purchase.
Good point, and I hope it registers with everyone who reads this thread.

max,

VoodooIdol

I posted this over at grasscityforums, and I'm going to post it here because I think it's worth sharing:

So, here's been my experience with this vape so far...

I bought one in March from Capital City Hemp in Washington DC. By the beginning of May the heating element had stopped working. I went round and round with GotVape about getting a replacement due to the lifetime warranty on the heating element. They wanted to ship the replacement out to Capital City Hemp, but Cap City wasn't having it. They post signs everywhere that say all vape sales are final, and I honestly can't blame them for not wanting to be involved in the swap of used "paraphenalia". DC is hardcore about their laws surrounding the selling of items like this, so I completely understand. Once I got GotVape to buy this (Thanks, Amber and Ambie!), they agreed to accept my unit under RMA and ship me a new one directly. This process took about 30 days from start to finish, but just yesterday I finally received my brand new Aroma Classic from these guys. It's now obvious to me that the original was a dud because it didn't heat up anywhere NEAR as hot as this new one does.

So, it was a bit of a pain in the ass to get this done through GotVape, but in the end they came through and I still think it's a good buy.

YMMV.

VoodooIdol,

stinkmeaner

It probably works much the same as the Vapor Brothers it was designed around but I would probably look elsewhere since there are Silver Surfers priced at $190-200 on Ebay, given the retail on the Surfers are $269 so you are getting a more expensive vaporizer for less.

Other vaporizers you could check out are Herbal Aire, Supreme Vaporizer, Log Vapes like the MyrtleZap, and the up coming VapeXhale Cloud.

stinkmeaner,

max

Out to lunch
With DBVs available on eBay for about $15 more than the Gotvape box (only 1 year warranty?), IMO there's no question which way to go.

max,

stinkmeaner

Found this on Ebay. I think the picture speaks for itself, the Aroma Classic is yet again just another example of re-branding. Though it is not on their website, I believe that it is made by the Top-Vapor company which also has a twin of the Kia Vape & VaporTower. All they seem to do is switch some parts like the whip, knobs, labels & markings and they seem to think that is enough to call it their "In House" vaporizer models.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Brand-New-Box-C...945?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2a0bb77561

stinkmeaner,

nao12000

W9 Tech Rep
Company Rep
Ok I looked before I posted I couldnt find a post on this vaporizer.
I made the mistake of buying an Aroma Classic. Yes, I know I should of known better but I was trying to save money. Here is my story..
I bought an Aroma classic thinking that I was buying a good Vaporbrothers replacement. What a MISTAKE ! I buy it and it works for a day but then stopped getting hot so I call GotVape as it has a Lifetime warranty. I speak to the first person who says no after arguing I get passed on to someone else who then agrees to let me return it. She sends me an email which I need to return because dont send it in with out an RMA number they wont accept it. My email comes stating that they cant charge my credit card because my address doesnt match... huh?? So now I am really scared,mad. I call back and explain that I should not be getting charged for anything I am awaiting a RMA number to return my brand new unit. She apoligizes and says they made a mistake and she sends me the correct email.I mail out my unit. Three days later I call them up and ask if they recieved it yet. YAY they recieved it and agree it doesnt get hot and they will send me a new one for $9.95.... GRRR I just spent $149. on th eunit plus 12. shipping back to them.So I get my credit card back out and shell out the money. Now the unit came the next day !!! I am over joyed its home right ... NOO I open my package and pull out my new vaporizer and its damaged!! Right side of it looks very dropped and the underneath of it has what looks like wood putty as does the side. SIGH.. back on the phone with them and this time I am really upset this time they did send me a call tag. But I am once again waiting for my unit to return...
The only positive about all this I have finally gotten over my learning curve on the MFLB !! :D YES!! I love it and I ordered the water attachement today!!

nao12000,

Kaptan

You should have tried to get store credit for returning the Aroma classic and purchased a vape that is actually worth the $160 you shelled out. A SSV, DBV, Extreme Q are slightly more money, but much better vapes.

Why did you have to send them $9.95 to have your new vape replaced?

Kaptan,

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
Kaptan said:
You should have tried to get store credit for returning the Aroma classic and purchased a vape that is actually worth the $160 you shelled out. A SSV, DBV, Extreme Q are slightly more money, but much better vapes.

That might be the true price of the unit... :lol:.. It looks stupid to me.. i can't say bout quality..

Abysmal Vapor,

max

Out to lunch
I guess it's part of the lifetime warranty. Every time you need a replacement, they need $9.95. And that's about the cost, per unit, for some of these cheapies, in bulk pricing.

max,

Kaptan

Yes, but if they are a reputable company and you had received a damaged unit, you should not have to pay any shipping costs to have it replaced. :2c:

Kaptan,

Rick

Zapman
A reputable company would have reimbursed you in some way for shipping the bad unit back. A reputable company would not charge to send the replacement unit. A reputable company would not send a reworked, damaged unit out as a replacement. A reputable company would not hassle you in the first place about a non-working unit.
That's because a reputable company has business integrity therefore very few 'bad units' and can afford to do the above.
A reputable company is happy to fix a problem because it is an opportunity to garner goodwill or at least try.
A non reputable company hates problems/replacements because they happen all the time.

Rick,

Rick

Zapman
Shameless plug for ALL reputable companies.
Thanks for reminding us that is what I did.

Rick,

nao12000

W9 Tech Rep
Company Rep
Still awaiting my new unit.... they are in Southern California I had hoped it wouldnt take too long...:/

nao12000,
Top Bottom