The Girlfriend Experiment

JDSupreme

Head of Pot
So my girlfriend is a tab stubborn. She likes to combust and doesn't smoke a ton, maybe a bowl hit periodically throughout the day. She's tried vaping a couple hits here and there when I first started but never took to it. I don't usually bug her to convert either but a vacation with family has stirred things up. We are sharing a beach house with some family and I brought down some super stinky (stinks through multiple bags stinky) and our sessions will be confined to our bathroom. So she decided rather than trying to cover up the smoke that it might be a better idea to just share the Launch Box with me all week. She commented today on the high being alot less blah and that it tasted "good" so im curious if she is going to stick with it after vacation. I'm hoping a week of vaping will convert her but we'll see. I also use an e-cig and she smokes cigs, not many, maybe 5-6 a day. I've told her a few times, when she bitches about cig prices, that I'd set her up with an ecig and everything to get her to quit but she hasn't taken that bait yet. I'm gonna try to let the LB sell itself. We shall see....

JDSupreme,

Nycdeisel

now all you have to do is also get rid of the other smokes and whip out the ecig! vapor all ways! :lol:

highlight the main points occasionally when she comments(for example: like on the taste, after her comment you could have asked her to confirm that she thinks vapor tastes better then smoke does) so she gets used to thinking more about vapor. Just try to get her thinking, however that may be.

[from my experience]Its not hard for someone to almost completely convert after they have really recognized and thought over the big pros and cons of each.

Nycdeisel,

JDSupreme

Head of Pot
Im also wondering if a week of vaping will be enough to make her first combustion taste bad to her. I went about 6 weeks after completely switching before I tried again. The fact that she smokes cigs may not help that cause.

Although she has picked up on the hitting technique quite well. She's blowing clouds fairly close to mine the first day.

JDSupreme,

aesthyrian

Blaaaaah
First step to getting someone to convert to vaping herb is to get them to stop smoking cigs. That's the obstacle here. I always find that tobacco users are ultra defensive when you mention vapor, probably because they know what they are doing is an annoying and deadly nuisance.

Just go and buy her that e-cig, once it's there you can con her into using it until she is trained like a dog to want vapor not smoke :lol: Once she forgets about smoking and then tries it again she will be disgusted I'm sure.

aesthyrian,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
Fingers crossed she takes to it. I agree that if she gets into the LB she might be more inclined to try the ecigs. To me moving from smoking to vaping was an awesome life change and I do think they go hand in hand. If you convert on one, only seems logical to convert other habit as well. Fingers crossed for you!!!!

When you get home I'd consider ordering her a launch box of her very own too!

Lo,

JDSupreme

Head of Pot
She's got her own LB if she wants. I've also got a few extra ecigs ready as well.

JDSupreme,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
Well I'm hopeful she takes to it. Honestly I wish someone had told me decades ago to stop lighting my shit on fire. Vaporizing is the most wonderful thing!! I just passed my 2yr smoke free mark for cigs thanks to ecigs and pretty close to 2yr mark for vaping my herbs as well. Though I've taken a puff or two during the last couple years it always tastes so awful so I know I'm converted for life. Fingers crossed she converts as well. Life changing IMHO.

Lo,

VWFringe

Naruto Fan
Hey, it's encouraging she was willing to switch for odor control around others.

I really enjoy the cloak of invisibility it gives me to my neighbors, that may be your point of entry.

I know you want her to accept (and give weight to the meanings) all the reasons we vape, just keep providing her the facts, and hope she takes it on. It's a mission from God, our bodies are important, so I'm with ya'.

Good luck!

my triad of beliefs about vaping:
*Harm Reduction: belief that I am taking better care of myself, and trying to avoid lung disease & cancer
*Odor Control: for neighbors & relationships, a sign of respect, I don't stink as long
*Cost Savings: 6x efficiency over combusting (IMO)

VWFringe,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
+1 to that - Get her off the ciggies first and foremost otherwise I can all but guarantee she will not embrace vaporization totally. At least not in any of my experiences with getting people converted.

AGBeer,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
I quit smoking and tried e-cigs about the same time I switched over to vaping. I couldn't quit the cigs, but I no longer smoke my herb. Switching from smoking to vaping weed was easy for me, but those e-cigs just didn't cut it for me and I went back to smoking within a month.

:2c:

Stu,
Top Bottom