The Future of Vaporizing

Farid

I think that More attachments for oil and bud should be developed to work on temperature controlled box mods. I think that the oil pen market really should be indistinguishable from the E cig market, and the main reason I think is the similar functionality. I can't help but feel my pens designed for oil are obsolete when I hold my box mod with an RDA designed for oil. Oil pens seem impossible for me to rebuild, and with the way they claim up, rebuilding is a necessity.

I also think somebody aught to invent an oil attachment which can hold multiple dabs, but not in the same tank or reservoir. Some pens can work by loading several dabs worth over a coil, but I find this often results in the reservoir of oil mixing with reclaim, and lowering the quality of successive hits. I'd love to see an oil attachment that has a revolver style compartment to hold individual dabs. Each dab would only last one hit, but you could load a new dab just by revolving the reservoir, eliminating the hassle of having to load on the go. I know other vapes like the Haze or the Hercules can pack several hits of oil, but this would keep each hit an individual, fresh, dab.

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
I think that More attachments for oil and bud should be developed to work on temperature controlled box mods. I think that the oil pen market really should be indistinguishable from the E cig market, and the main reason I think is the similar functionality. I can't help but feel my pens designed for oil are obsolete when I hold my box mod with an RDA designed for oil. Oil pens seem impossible for me to rebuild, and with the way they claim up, rebuilding is a necessity.

I also think somebody aught to invent an oil attachment which can hold multiple dabs, but not in the same tank or reservoir. Some pens can work by loading several dabs worth over a coil, but I find this often results in the reservoir of oil mixing with reclaim, and lowering the quality of successive hits. I'd love to see an oil attachment that has a revolver style compartment to hold individual dabs. Each dab would only last one hit, but you could load a new dab just by revolving the reservoir, eliminating the hassle of having to load on the go. I know other vapes like the Haze or the Hercules can pack several hits of oil, but this would keep each hit an individual, fresh, dab.

Revolver reloader would also be choice with an herb vaporizer, not just oil.

humblesmurph

Cheaper prices!!

I have a phone. It is not the cheapest phone on the market, but being a few years old, it is far from the most expensive. In any event, my phone, as with nearly all phones, fits right in my pocket. This pocket-able device also plays music/movies, records video/voice, allows me to surf the web, run millions of different applications including those that tell me exactly where I am and exactly where the nearest taco stand is. My phone has a big shiny screen and vibrates too. For $200 (no contract) I can buy what is basically a palm sized computer with a 5 inch touch screen...or I can buy device that heats weed.

I have owned 7 vaporizers (mflb pax e-nano solo air xmax eq). I Recently bought an Arizer Air for 140ish and an X Max V2 Pro for $68. The Air is well made and is made in Canada as opposed to China, so I understand why it costs $140...except $140 is a steal for this device. The Air retails for $260 and is "on sale" on some vape sites for $170. It's basically a battery, a thermostat, a heating element, and less electronics than are contained in a $3 calculator. The X Max is a great deal...compared to other vaporizers. However, compared to other Chinese made simple handheld electronic devices, it is extremely expensive. I have no doubt that the X Max V2 Pro could be sold for $29.95 and still be quite profitable. The Pax 2 should be less than $100.

I cannot make an electronic vaporizer. If I want one, I have no choice but to pay what vaporizer companies charge for their products. I bought them because any working vaporizer is better than combustion. The savings on material makes up for the cost of the devices. However, spending $200 up front is hard for many people. Spending $50+ for small flame powered pieces is not much easier when glass bowls can be had for $5. Eventually, a company will get it. One day a company will produce a simple and effective handheld electronic vape for a fair price. Shortly thereafter, nearly every toker will have a vaporizer. The Foreman Grill was billed as a device that allowed the consumer to do what they were already doing, but in a simpler, healthier way...for a great price. The Foreman Grill costed less than many higher end frying pans. As a result, Foreman Grills, or similar devices from other manufacturers, found their way into nearly every home.

Copacetic

Somewhere North of The Wall
I think economies of scale play a big part in the (relatively) low price of cellphones.
I believe vapes will either be simple and cheap, or feature rich and expensive for a while yet, but not feature rich and cheap, and good quality at the same time.

Things are heading that way, but these devices aren't popular enough to truly take advantage of mass production/sales.

Personally, I'm more attracted to the small production run artisan crafted vapes like the Okin or Zion anyway.

It'd be nice if heater tech' gets advanced with the aid of large scale economies, as that may help leverage better tech.
But hand made bodies will always occupy the upper end of the 'desirable' spectrum for me.

ZC

I'd be wary of incredibly cheap electronic vapes. You don't get that cheap without cutting corners. A lot of care needs to be taken to make sure the airpath is clean, otherwise you could be breathing in lead or lord knows what else. Everyone wants things to be more affordable, but this is an area where health is a concern and I don't believe any amount of savings is worth that kind of risk.

Phones have economy of scale but they also aren't medical devices. Vapes essentially are.

I do think we will see cheaper quality options though. If more companies follow grasshoppers lead, that would help. Compare the price of the hopper to the mighty or pax 2.

Ozyzj

I hope that vaporizers of the future place a greater emphasis on efficiency. Don't get me wrong-- convection vapes definitely do a great job, but maximizing one's stash still requires a considerable amount of finesse in order to ensure a good ratio of vapor to air. This is especially important for those who prefer to take a minimal number of puffs per session.

It would be very interesting to see a vaporizer that incorporates some form of pressurized system or compression chamber for the vapor to accumulate in, similar to the design of an inhaler. I have consistently found that the best effects of vaping come from a small amount of material vaporized in just a few short puffs, which are taken deeply while sparing plenty of lung power to chase it down with fresh air. If this procedure could be recreated automatically without added effort from the user, I think it would make for a very good vaporizer.

I am not too scientifically minded, so maybe someone can clarify this idea or explain why it's not feasible?

RastaBuddhaTao

Manufacturer
I think that More attachments for oil and bud should be developed to work on temperature controlled box mods.

Oil use is exploding. Inexpensive technology of the e-cig market meets the convenience and stealth of oil. The utilization of trim from large professional grow operations turns scrap into profit. Vaping oil uses high end sophisticated packaging of micro computer driven electronics so that can control what ever sensor or LED you desire. It's inconspicuous and borrows the social acceptability from the e-cig culture and delivers the dose with similar timing and precision control. Polyvapors can swap between an Addy of their favorite juice or their oil tank leveraging the same power supply. Inexpensive and dope looking hardware and a tank full of liquid gold is the new choice of the hipster crowd.

That crowd doesn't really reside here. Neither does the customer of the flashy marketing of Chinese vaporizers that reach volumes of a quarter million units a year. People here are a special breed that tend to go against the grain. A small number of users who own mostly counter culture vaporizers. The ones that are not in the brick and mortar. @pakalolo hit the nail on the head with two markets, commercial and hand-crafted. The economy and scale of these markets is markedly different. If you sell 250,000 vaporizers a year and you make 10$ profit you have $2.5 Million. If your volume is 250 units and your profit is $10 you cleared $2500. That is why most artisan vaporizers do it as a hobby and many fail to survive. So let the hipsters have their fancy electronics wrapped in plastic because I'll take an Okin any day!

So the future of vaporizing in the "real" commercial world is different from the future of vaporizing here at FC. It's nice to have a collection of people here that are about the communal nature of the plant, loyal to the flower, demand savoring the herb in natural ways.

Hat's off to the Mods for giving us FC... And to artisans like @Dan Morrison who embodies the commitment to growing the right culture. I used to want to make thousands of vaporizers and be popular with the masses but I am starting to learn that I would rather survive in the niche market of hand crafted. Who knows, maybe a marriage of the two is possible?

Hippie Dickie

The Herbal Cube
Manufacturer
i agree that's where the markets are headed. the thing that stops me about personally using oil and other extractions is i don't trust the technique. i am pretty anal retentive about what i consume - there is a picture of a label showing all the components in the can of goo that i find rather off-putting to say the least.

i like how the trichomes are arrayed across the herb - just waiting to be swathed in the properly heated air for extraction - seems more civilized.

and i want to make exactly 1000 vaporizers, with several dozen more for warranty spares ... and clear $200 each.

Last edited:

TeeJay1952

So build an oil/tincture/suspension attachment. Needs the standard pen screw in and let folk add what they want (dare I say it nicotine fills). Ryan, you got the heat now direct it. How do other do it? There are industry standards.
I have suggested co2 oil carts as 3.2 beer because that is what I sampled. I have since tried a more potent solution and at $35 for what looks like weeks worth has me scratching my head.

TeeJay1952,

RastaBuddhaTao

Manufacturer
Amen @Hippie Dickie ... God save the flower! I mean, that is what he made for use to savor. I believe their will always be a crowd of elite vaporist to drive natural medicine and the Giants of the vaporizer world are reaching hundreds of thousands of users every year growing the awareness of the healthy and efficient means of consumption. Not to say 2017 doesn't bring RBT into the world of concentrates but I won't use them much personally. If you ever want to talk shop on how to get ya to $200 clear I would be happy too as I have experience in supplier quality. Lower cost is only good if your quality is better so they go hand in hand.

Great stuff here guys, keep this marketing gold rolling! Where do you want devices to go in the coming years? It's looking like the American laziness is creeping in and we all will be vaping oil and capsules like K-cups lol

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
I'm not convinced concentrated refined products are the answer to safe medicine.

That said, I've yet to find something better for true discreet, easy, portable vaporization.

Last edited:
Top Bottom