The Flower Kettle by Custom Flower Hardware

Dejavu

I don't know how you can really define most exactly, or people who aren't super new, but I disagree that he is the only person testing things before market, in fact there are plenty things he doesn't test at all? So many different levels of makers and products, the more you are here you can see the history of how so much testing has been done by members of the community (partially how Troy began as well)

I mean, that's just it, and why most people don't even care to vape at all, if you just want to "get stoned" there are many things that do that adequately, but there are different styles of vapes, aside from materials and power levels, these affect things differently, huge variable would be the actual user too (devices like pax are extremely popular because they are simple and try to universalize the experience user to user but that sacrifice is versatility and some capability as many of us discovered) There actually are quite a few different types of ball vapes, injector and diffuser style, many differences between them though all effective, but there are differences in the air flow, the materials, and other such things as I touched on above (I describe many like taking a flower dab, I think its more how you use it, you just need enough power to be able to do a quick full extraction through water in that way, still not actually the same as a dab, and there are so many variables with dabbing and concentrates too) Not sure what you have experience with to compare to?

You're speaking subjectively, no offense taken, but you can't measure his trust or how he is making a living? Again, he was originally commenting here, there are others who have done the same, built up review reputations, some already have some beginning and come here to do both... I trust so many of the members here so much more than I trust his opinion, he's had many great contributions, but since he grew more into a video personality, I personally trust him far less, and have seen him fail to use vapes properly often without ever correcting himself)

I do not own one of these, I said I've been following from the start over here, pretty sure there was another thread about it originally too? I also do not make videos of myself, although I think I could do a good job explaining and showing different vapes, I'm not sure that's the life I want right now (and producing quality videos alone is extremely difficult)

And for the record I replied to you, to try to explain my understanding of the device, sharing opinions on Troy is also not uncommon here and there are other kids about that and it's come up in the past, I am far from the only one who feels this way here is all I'm saying...

He wasn't paid anything? he was given the device perhaps for free as he is many others, but possible he paid for it. I'm not saying that he does this so they will then pay him to say something good? I am saying I don't put much stock in his opinion, aside from the bias, like I said I have seen him fail to use various devices properly and his so-called video reviews, and then never revisit them again (even things he was provided for free) though I respect his integrity to a certain extent to not trash everything that isn't made by brands that offer him commission or whatever, I don't really respect his, imo, careless use styles as a supposed professional reviewer... No bones, just a personal opinion, that he doesn't care about lol

I'm not sure what you mean exactly by super OG, that's not quite me? I came in when the market was exploding a bit, especially with imported options becoming viable, but it was already substantial... certainly do not have the mindset of "I will take a chance on anything because everything else is crap" I've had many satisfying vapes, the problem is you always compromise something, there can always be something better in some way, sacrifice something else, little variations and differences that change the experience in various ways... Its really not that simple anymore imo (also Amazon is pretty far from perfect and deserving of plenty hate despite their inherent convenience lol)

Mike Tyson is a trusted name?? Willie Nelson, Cheech and Chong, branded products, rebrands from China typically, hit or miss quality, I think a lot of people might try this stuff and be disappointed then give up? Some people use it to find the real good stuff though, I mean most common from the reddit times would be snoop dogg original Gpen (poor suckers who bought that lol)

My understanding is most people, don't care about vaping, if they're interested to get high they will just smoke, or if they have a problem with that they will turn to edibles, or disposable oil pens first and likely stop there, more often than not...

So this product is not at all aimed at those consumers, my understanding is that it is fulfilling the niche it has focused on pretty well?

I thought most people were into it bc they liked his personality actually? But yes exactly, why not combust? I'm not sure what you mean people using for health reasons are going to be long gone soon, isn't their goal to live long by pursuing better health?!? lol
big response, I got to the subjective part and stopped reading sadly....I said this was all my opinion and it doesn't mean shit.

Troy gets paid to do it. I trust him more than I do others. I do not know how the industry works, I just watch here and there and more curious about the business aspect and how people take direction with their small business more than anything.

TLDR for me is, I'm interested in the product, want to learn more, i am experienced a little with vapes but I don't have a degree in engineering. I know you can find someone with a title to fit whatever narrative. Which you hinted back that Troy is trying to make this look bad for $$ or lack there of...

Goodluck to the creator and I hope to see this grow into the standard if it is as good as the theories people try to engineer into reality. I was curious if the coil thing to the bowl but I'm not sure if that would be extended to only the kettle? I will keep my post from being too long. My opinion is nothing more than that as i said before.

I don't keep stats on how much Troy cheers but we can clearly tell when there isn't one. It was just a really odd approach to how he presented it to the world. I'm not into portables much.

This is the biggest discussion I've seen in most threads, I don't know if I said something that struck a nerve but I never said anything I said was fact, I even said it wasn't nothing but a random opinion.

Last edited:
Dejavu,

Dejavu

What, Troy didn't do research and then went on and on about a product he knows little about, failing to ignore or even acknowledge his bias for the competitor's products?!? How unsurprisingly typical of him :rolleyes::rofl:

To be fair, there is a separate thread here for the electro path, that is the heated bowl, which is also just a bowl, and could be paired with other vapes... not sure how exclusive it will be ultimately, at least this iteration and how it pairs with the kettle will be...? But the design idea likely not

I may not know all the details about this product, but from following everything here, I think I have a good sense of how it differs from the other current offerings... Bottom line results can be a bit intangible when you are talking about degrees of extraction, smooth hits, flavor and vapor quality, among similar designs... This one is pretty clearly more involved despite any similarities
Ok I scrolled to find the response on the double coil thing and in my reply, I said he presented it to the world and I watch most of troy and jerry except when they do a lot of portables except a couple or something brand new with hype.

Maybe you are too smart for me but this thing confuses me a little. Maybe an animation already on youtube to explain some of this here. If there are other threads then this isn't a kettle exclusive until someone copies it? Oldhead changed the game, this guy might can too.

I'm not into thermal dynamics and stuff on deep level or whatever you want to call it, gets too hard for me. I am more interested in seeing the business moves and how people are playing the game on a smaller level with something I have skin in the game with.

When it comes to end, a happy customer is all you need. I don't want to mention stuff that I catch up on and saw drama. I didn't know if someone thinks I am trying to be it? I posted the review when nobody else did, because I was curious to see if someone saw what I saw. They did and that is what I am here asking. Everything is subjective.

Thanks for the response but I'm not the enemy, maybe this was a bad timing post when the market just went through some heat, which I wouldn't have posted at all if I seen it and don't want to bring any attention to it and get banned.

Dejavu,

Dejavu

If you read this thread and the elecotropath one, you'll see the bowl draws direct inspiration from the Sublimatior. Although I believe this gets some unique enhancements.
See the main thing that gets me a little confused is the quarts pillar that troy removed and try to explain why he thinks it was hurting it instead of talking to the owner. I assume that OP is a one man team and if so, this feat is a very impressive one indeed. Especially picking up on a complex vape to someone who wants to understand it. I just wonder how many aren't posting or emailing him about the unit due to the "dumbs" of the world like myself.

I didn't know anything existed like that or even had an after thought of lowering temps up top to compensate. we know there's going to be breakthroughs coming soon that we would never expected. Hell the wireless vape took a long time and it was looking at us right in the face the entire time until oldhead seen it or someone mentioned it to him.

2 hour long video is hard to remember unless you really care. Most people are just taking the TLDR and go to comments or listening in the background and waiting to hear excitement to click back to he tab. When it comes to business, it's a cut throat world. There's no feelings, no who's right or who's wrong. The winner writes the history and whoever it is, their faults will become dust in the wind.

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
big response, I got to the subjective part and stopped reading sadly....I said this was all my opinion and it doesn't mean shit.

Sorry, obviously we are trading opinions, that's what a discussion is? I'm sorry you don't care to read my perspective, I guess I'm even more sorry that I took the time to read yours and reply to it then lol Why post meaningless shit? Just to exist in a vacuum without response? :p It's okay I know I am a mouthful!

Troy gets paid to do it. I trust him more than I do others. I do not know how the industry works, I just watch here and there and more curious about the business aspect and how people take direction with their small business more than anything.

But what do you mean by gets paid to do it exactly? I guess he built a small business, I'm not sure about its status, there are so many things called business that are not equal

TLDR for me is, I'm interested in the product, want to learn more, i am experienced a little with vapes but I don't have a degree in engineering.

Yeah neither do I, but the highlight is versatility, efficiency and flow, size smoothness materials construction and where, it is just supposed to be the best version of what many can already do

I know you can find someone with a title to fit whatever narrative. Which you hinted back that Troy is trying to make this look bad for $$ or lack there of...

Title? I'm sorry, but I think you misunderstood me, I was not hinting anything about Troy trying to make it look bad for money or lack of money, specifically responded to that, I'm just demonstrating bias

was curious if the coil thing to the bowl but I'm not sure if that would be extended to only the kettle?

The electro path heated bowl can work with any other injector supposedly

Ok I scrolled to find the response on the double coil thing and in my reply, I said he presented it to the world ...

Maybe you are too smart for me but this thing confuses me a little. Maybe an animation already on youtube to explain some of this here. If there are other threads then this isn't a kettle exclusive until someone copies it? Oldhead changed the game, this guy might can too.

Sorry, we just have different perspective, nothing about intelligence, idea of using a second nail to heat the bowl with some conduction, in addition to the nail that is heating the head for convection, is something innovative that I did not understand exactly until I saw it in the electric path thread (I'm not sure it is being copied exactly though I think others had the same idea at the same time, same thing for old head and some of their innovative ideas)

I'm not into thermal dynamics and stuff on deep level or whatever you want to call it, gets too hard for me. I am more interested in seeing the business moves and how people are playing the game on a smaller level with something I have skin in the game with.

Yeah I'm not really either, definitely interesting to see the business and the players, agree that is why I am watching closely as well!

When it comes to end, a happy customer is all you need. I don't want to mention stuff that I catch up on and saw drama. I didn't know if someone thinks I am trying to be it? I posted the review when nobody else did, because I was curious to see if someone saw what I saw. They did and that is what I am here asking. Everything is subjective

Totally, definitely didn't think you were trying to create drama, I just like to share my own opinions, particularly when I disagree with things I read, to explain further or even if it's pure ego who can say for sure lol Believe me you are not the first person to share a Troy review and then have others reply that they don't care for his opinions or style, that's what happens when you start talking about them and such is all

Thanks for the response but I'm not the enemy, maybe this was a bad timing post when the market just went through some heat, which I wouldn't have posted at all if I seen it and don't want to bring any attention to it and get banned.

Certainly not the enemy! Sorry if I made you feel that way, not trying to be combative or antagonistic at all, and I don't think you were either, to me this is just discussion, sharing opinions and explanations, from our own subjective perspectives :tup:

Dejavu

Sorry, obviously we are trading opinions, that's what a discussion is? I'm sorry you don't care to read my perspective, I guess I'm even more sorry that I took the time to read yours and reply to it then lol Why post meaningless shit? Just to exist in a vacuum without response? :p It's okay I know I am a mouthful!

But what do you mean by gets paid to do it exactly? I guess he built a small business, I'm not sure about its status, there are so many things called business that are not equal

Yeah neither do I, but the highlight is versatility, efficiency and flow, size smoothness materials construction and where, it is just supposed to be the best version of what many can already do

Title? I'm sorry, but I think you misunderstood me, I was not hinting anything about Troy trying to make it look bad for money or lack of money, specifically responded to that, I'm just demonstrating bias

The electro path heated bowl can work with any other injector supposedly

Sorry, we just have different perspective, nothing about intelligence, idea of using a second nail to heat the bowl with some conduction, in addition to the nail that is heating the head for convection, is something innovative that I did not understand exactly until I saw it in the electric path thread (I'm not sure it is being copied exactly though I think others had the same idea at the same time, same thing for old head and some of their innovative ideas)

Yeah I'm not really either, definitely interesting to see the business and the players, agree that is why I am watching closely as well!

Totally, definitely didn't think you were trying to create drama, I just like to share my own opinions, particularly when I disagree with things I read, to explain further or even if it's pure ego who can say for sure lol Believe me you are not the first person to share a Troy review and then have others reply that they don't care for his opinions or style, that's what happens when you start talking about them and such is all

Certainly not the enemy! Sorry if I made you feel that way, not trying to be combative or antagonistic at all, and I don't think you were either, to me this is just discussion, sharing opinions and explanations, from our own subjective perspectives :tup:
No problems. I think this was a really shitty timed post. Someone hit me with the reply on the video I posted to try and hear more about it. I think a few people were a little let down by Troy, wanting to hear more

Nothing against you but I am one of those types who take the TLDR route on most things unless I am about to make a purchase. I am hoping to see some more videos of this in action! I was waiting for the review and I think we both agree Troy did a terrible job, I don't know if he had a bad day/wore out and tired.

This thing milks up super quick in that big ass bong with no water! I watch all his video's. One man army doing all of this, very respectable.

I aint trying to win no argument with a guy who seems pretty smart with very good grammar and probably has 1000x more knowledge about this than me.

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Nothing against you but I am one of those types who take the TLDR route on most things unless I am about to make a purchase. I am hoping to see some more videos of this in action!

Oh damn, sorry, likewise my dude! Yeah that is good to remember, good perspective to have shared here, I think maybe this product is still a little too new, to reach that level of a quick TLDR to make an easy choice, perhaps as the year goes on there will be much more user-generated content for this one here...

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: Dejavu

Dejavu

Oh damn, sorry, likewise my dude! Yeah that is good to remember, good perspective to have shared here, I think maybe this product is still a little too new, to reach that level of a quick TLDR to make an easy choice, perhaps as the year goes on there will be much more user-generated content for this one here...
I think it was just bad timing, I got no beef with you! I can barely spell! I know you are a big pillar to the FC community and you are a big reason I keep an eye on your bongs you post. I steal your setups!

.brew

Well...there is a TLDR on this vape. It's a hunk of SS304 locally engineered, sourced, and manufactured.

If you want to dig into the technicals it's probably best done via the sublimator discussions. The TLDR of *that* however is that, unlike every other ball vape that is a simple tube with a huge hole that blasts the top of the bowl with hot air, the air path is directed through a series of buffers (which is the function of balls in ball vapes) and then diffused through the holes on the side. That forces the buffered air out the sides, down the glass bowl, and *around* the flower instead of just fire blasting the top.

Whether that makes a difference is for each individual to decide but those are the salient differences between this and the rest of the market.

RE: Troy and Jerry.
My criticism isn't intended to impugn their character. My reaction is not that they are trying to make this vape look bad but that they didn't bother taking the time to figure it out or, regardless or separately from their personal feelings about it, didn't bother to explain to us why it's here and what it's trying to do. It took me all of 30 seconds to lay out the major features of the vape in this reply...discussing the technical merits (or lack thereof) is a reviewers "job" imo. I think they failed to do their basic job as a reviewer since I came away from the "review" knowing less about it than when they started! Whether that's due to laziness, unprofessionalism, bias, or just plain the way they behave I have no idea nor do I care.

The most obvious reason he removed parts of the vape is because he appears to me to hit his vapes like a huge bong. In fact, he combusts all kinds of vapes, which is bizarre to me. He was talking in review about how high he has his temps, which for the record are nearly double where I set mine! He was complaining how he couldn't get it hot enough, which is bizarre unless his flower is soggy because even at 550 I'm starting to get concerned about what's going on down there--he started at a much greater temp (whereas I always start a new device at the lowest setting).

I don't think my difference of opinion is because some people like to get high and I just like to sit around warming my flower! :D I smoked tobacco and cannabis for twenty years and then smoked cannabis for another twenty after that. I've been vaping for nearly twenty and now you're getting a sense of how old I am...when I didn't think I'd have kids I didn't care what went into my body, when I had kids I cared about the smoking, and now with the kids' kids I'm much more concerned with how many more hours I've got left with my family.

While I anticipated this being my last vape, and not because it's all that although it may very well be, I don't intend to ever stop getting high and when I say high I mean can't feel my face. It's looking like this is going to have to sit on my shelf and come down occasionally sooner than I had planned but believe me when I say my homemade edibles would probably put some of those kids who believe they're only in it to get high in the dirt. :D

Dejavu

Well...there is a TLDR on this vape. It's a hunk of SS304 locally engineered, sourced, and manufactured.

If you want to dig into the technicals it's probably best done via the sublimator discussions. The TLDR of *that* however is that, unlike every other ball vape that is a simple tube with a huge hole that blasts the top of the bowl with hot air, the air path is directed through a series of buffers (which is the function of balls in ball vapes) and then diffused through the holes on the side. That forces the buffered air out the sides, down the glass bowl, and *around* the flower instead of just fire blasting the top.

Whether that makes a difference is for each individual to decide but those are the salient differences between this and the rest of the market.

RE: Troy and Jerry.
My criticism isn't intended to impugn their character. My reaction is not that they are trying to make this vape look bad but that they didn't bother taking the time to figure it out or, regardless or separately from their personal feelings about it, didn't bother to explain to us why it's here and what it's trying to do. It took me all of 30 seconds to lay out the major features of the vape in this reply...discussing the technical merits (or lack thereof) is a reviewers "job" imo. I think they failed to do their basic job as a reviewer since I came away from the "review" knowing less about it than when they started! Whether that's due to laziness, unprofessionalism, bias, or just plain the way they behave I have no idea nor do I care.

The most obvious reason he removed parts of the vape is because he appears to me to hit his vapes like a huge bong. In fact, he combusts all kinds of vapes, which is bizarre to me. He was talking in review about how high he has his temps, which for the record are nearly double where I set mine! He was complaining how he couldn't get it hot enough, which is bizarre unless his flower is soggy because even at 550 I'm starting to get concerned about what's going on down there--he started at a much greater temp (whereas I always start a new device at the lowest setting).

I don't think my difference of opinion is because some people like to get high and I just like to sit around warming my flower! :D I smoked tobacco and cannabis for twenty years and then smoked cannabis for another twenty after that. I've been vaping for nearly twenty and now you're getting a sense of how old I am...when I didn't think I'd have kids I didn't care what went into my body, when I had kids I cared about the smoking, and now with the kids' kids I'm much more concerned with how many more hours I've got left with my family.

While I anticipated this being my last vape, and not because it's all that although it may very well be, I don't intend to ever stop getting high and when I say high I mean can't feel my face. It's looking like this is going to have to sit on my shelf and come down occasionally sooner than I had planned but believe me when I say my homemade edibles would probably put some of those kids who believe they're only in it to get high in the dirt. :D
Agree, the more I think about the video listening in the background, the more I remember him trying to tell us how run it and modded it a little. I don't have a lot of people that vape, the gray line of getting stoned and using for medical can be the same thing. It's funny that I too smoked/chewed tobacco myself and used cannabis to get as stoned, smoking out my car everyday with the windows rolled up, laughing walking back in to my friends house, who's mom would spend the night at her boyfriends.

Now that I am older, I enjoy the buzz while also helping me medically with stomach and nausea. I would go as far to say it helps me mentally more than anything in a medical way, more than just spiritual or motivation/realization of how insignificant I am to the universe.

Either way, I hope our society can keep progressing and get more into non lethal/physically addictive substances that can help and more away from state sanction violence on users who decide what to put into their body without bothering anyone else.

Thanks for the response and the daily vids!

Momor

You can put the head directly onto the load, ground or whole, as well without scorching or burning.:razz: You can leave the head sit on the bowl throughout your session because of the design, the bowl top will get hot, not the bottom of the bowl, the joint, nor you glass piece
Doesn't Lee actually explain the opposite of this reviw at arount 10' ? Like how he can hold the freight train pro bowl, leaving the heads on, implying that it couldn't do it with the FK because it's hybrid and conduction to the galss bowl. he really insists on the hybrid heating side of the FK but it seems it was developed as to be pure convection ?
IMO those reviews from Troy and Jerry and Lee, are really bad. I was interrested in the product but both reviews changed my mind. Compared to what i've been reading here (could be i didn't understand/remember everithng well), they seem to not really understand the product and sometimes state the opposite of what the creator says. Those reviws seem to be happily shared though :uhh: Also wtf with the quality of Lee's videos ?! It's not like it's its fisrt attempt at making a video...
Add to that that the creator doesn't participate in the conversations about his product in his thread although he seem to be here and participate to the forum everyday gives a weird image of the brand. :2c:

Custom Flower Hardware

Manufacturer
It's a hybrid hit when the tip of the head touches the weed. The tip conducts heat while the air convects it. Therefore it can do both. Also if you flip it upside down it fits the shovel head and all the other glass bowls. Here are 2 vids. First shows that it doesn't transfer heat down or I wouldn't be able to hold the glass j hook. Second shows a whole bud being vaped. Any other questions I'm right here guys!:tup:

.brew

Doesn't Lee actually explain the opposite of this reviw at arount 10' ? Like how he can hold the freight train pro bowl, leaving the heads on, implying that it couldn't do it with the FK because it's hybrid and conduction to the galss bowl. he really insists on the hybrid heating side of the FK but it seems it was developed as to be pure convection ?
When Lee is talking about that he's referring to when you use it right side up. The comments here are talking about what happens if you flip it upside down. Also, if you want to use it in pure convection mode right side up you can choose to use the deeper bowl so the SS nipple doesn't touch the flower. I believe Troy and Jerry mentioned several bowls come with the kit. I got one with a steel screen and one with a glass screen. The glass screen one is much deeper that I use for convection hits--I'd have to pack like a whole gram in there to get it high enough to touch the end of the ball vape.
Add to that that the creator doesn't participate in the conversations about his product in his thread although he seem to be here and participate to the forum everyday gives a weird image of the brand. :2c:
I'm not sure what the expectation is here. He's said a lot in the thread discussing why and how he designed it and he's participated in this thread both with comments and a daily video presence demonstrating how it works and that he's actively here. What else is there to say that needs to be said?

Momor

When Lee talks about Hybrid vs Convection hit just before the 10' mark, he just proves his point by showing that the FT is only 100% convection because he can hold the bowl with the FT on top without burning himself, because the heat is not transfered to the bowl until you draw on it.
I assumed at this moment he was suggesting it was the heat transfered to the bowl or not that makes the difference between both types of hits .
You can clearly do the same and even better with your FK as you draw on it while holding the bowl and Lee wouldn't take that risk with the FT (said in the video) so his demonstration is bad right ? 😅
It's a hybrid hit when the tip of the head touches the weed. The tip conducts heat while the air convects it
Does he mention somewhere in the video that the conduction for the hybrid hit is from the part of the head touching the herbs ? Maybe i missed it.
Then he says that his "technic" to do "big thick hybrid rips" is using the terp pearls and the carb cap basically... Does he mean you can't get big thick rips without them ?

Is it just me ? 😅

Momor,

.brew

I assumed at this moment he was suggesting it was the heat transfered to the bowl or not that makes the difference between
both types of hits.
The point of that part of his review was to discuss the fact that the FT can only be used for convection and there isn't any way to take a hybrid or conduction hit with it whereas the FK is more "versatile" in that it can do any kind of hit depending on how you configure/use it.
Does he mention somewhere in the video that the conduction for the hybrid hit is from the part of the head touching the herbs ? Maybe i missed it.
It's right at the first minute at about 1:15. That's also where he first uses the phrase "big thick hybrid rips" and it's in relation to the SS tip touching the flower.

CharmCityVapeGuy

Known to some and enigma to others
How many kits are actually being used in the wild? I'm so tempted by the Flower Kettle but I wish there was more talk here from users. I'm also slightly concerned with how dirty the inside will get with doing dabs through it. My Enail gets residue cooked on the inside and it gets almost impossible to clean completely. Do the balls get dirty? I assume they will need to be removed and cleaned every once it awhile? How much heavier is this than other ball vapes? Is it good enough with dabs that i might want to get rid of my enail? Thanks for any response. It really is an impressive looking unit. I like the airflow ideas involved.
To answer some of your questions, I haven’t cleaned inside the head yet but I have been putting dans through it. My hope is that high heat of the coil burns off a lot of it. With my B2, dabbing got it super grimy and hard to even get open. It’s due for a cleaning so I’ll let you know soon. I love having the dish for double deckers but I don’t use it often for just dabs. I have too many other dedicated devices. It’s definitely heavier than my other ball vapes. It’s not unwieldy at all though.

CharmCityVapeGuy,
Top Bottom