Discontinued The Firefly Vaporizer

Status
Not open for further replies.

fbrinsley

franklin
oh my gawd. finally. monster. that was the toot that told me i got me monies worth ;)
nice. 4th load and she's firing on all pistons. i thinks we're going to get along swimmingly. if my wife left it all to first impressions i'd prolly still be on match.com or something. i had a labret piercing in 2003.

so i'm getting some very pleasant pulls. stopped sucking like i need to on the solo. put a lil screen on top of my ground herbs. i'd likin the cleaning to the mflb in the sense of needing to brush and such. i'm just getting started!

Last edited:

hoyo77

A bowl in my Firefly is completely spent in five to six draws depending how dark I want to make the ABV. Something I am sure many of you may have noticed is that a fully loaded and tamped green bowl shrinks quite a bit once vaped. Because the herb shrinks in volume the spent bowl may form a tunnel that you can notice by your draw getting much easier (you may see the tunnel thru the window too). If this happens and your bowl was full and freshly loaded your sesh was over a draw or two back.

Using the Firefly is getting as easy as picking up a pipe. Great results every time. Best vape experience I have ever had and it keeps getting better.
:love:
I
So other than this suggestion, does anyone else know of any other good cases that could work for the FF? Ideally, there's some sort of case with a wooden exterior and a nice felt interior. The FF is that special of a vape that deserves the royal treatment.
i found these as well
http://www.vapecase.com/
http://www.secretvape.com/
http://ryot.com/products/category/10

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
Yeah, I don't buy the loss of terpenes from grinding argument. The amount lost is ultra-negligible and would never be noticed in a bowl when comparing ground bud results compared to a whole bud results. The ground bud releases so much more goodness than a whole bud ever could — thus more intense flavors from a ground bud. It is simple physics in that ground bud exposes more surface area to heat releasing more vapor than a whole bud could. The fact is that the Firefly was designed for ground material not whole bud. It is part of the whole restrictive draw design.

Everyone that owns a Firefly should try comparing vapor production and results from a 'whole bud' to ground bud and decide for themselves. Experimentation can be enlightening. I know what I will be putting in my Firefly and it ain't whole bud. :cool:

Also, what about the loss of goodness from when you take the 'vaped whole bud' out of the Firefly to grind it for vaping the rest of the goodness out of it. I would rather mitigate the goodness loss and grind once at the start. Grinding a whole heated bud has got to be much more destructive to the goodness than grinding a clean fresh bud at the start.
It's not so much that... There are terpenes in varying quantities in cannabis. Grinding gives more surface area and also subjects more plant matter/oils/terpenes to heat at the same time. Just a little nugget in the bowl will vape differently, some parts not being subjected to the same heat as others... So with that (difference in quantity of terpenes vaporized) being said, I wouldn't be surprised if the taste/fragrance shifted a bit. And some people are just really good at smelling or tasting things.

:2c:

hoyo77

Had a nice session with the FF this morning. This thing keeps blowing me away. I missed the FedEX guy with the rest of my shipment of the premium package...oh well i got a nice Buzz chillin at work posting on FC...LIFE IS GOOD.
GOOD MORNING!!!!

Shiggity

Howdy,

Would a few of the more experienced Firefly users be able to describe how I would get my herbs a dark, dark brown near the end without combusting? Is there a good technique for us old guys who like to milk every last drop? :D
If I wanted every last drop I would:
1. Go with a medium grind like the old school straight round post grinders
2. Stir after each draw to prevent localized dark spots
3. Draw semi quickl, too slow and it will char.
4. Press the button right before draw. If you warm it up then you may get dark spots.
5. Draw for 7-10 good seconds, let go of the button and draw the air through for 3s more
6. Never repress the button after letting go during a draw
7.Use the same cotton swab to clean the FF and then vape the cotton.

WildChild

Seeking My Shangri-La
Arctic hey I lived in rankin inlet and Yellowknife and inuvik for 22 years small world

mod note: Edited to fix broken quote tag
Hey, Mark

I just flew out of Rankin Inlet last week on my way back from Iqaluit...know lots of people there. Have been to both Yellowknife and Inuvik several times as well. It truly is a small world! 22 years...you are a tough man.:tup:

Did you bite the bullet and pick up a FF yet, Mark? I'm praying that mine comes in today so that I have the weekend to enjoy it.:rolleyes:

@dolphinman

"Any suggestions on how I can soothe my nerves and ease the wait? Lol"

Anesthesia? ...just kidding, don't do that!

@Shiggity

Thank you very much for taking the time to write that. Much appreciated.

@hoyo77

Will do. Thank you, Sir!

Last edited:
WildChild,
Reactions: mckeen

hoyo77

If I wanted every last drop I would:
1. Go with a medium grind like the old school straight round post grinders
2. Stir after each draw to prevent localized dark spots
3. Draw semi quickl, too slow and it will char.
4. Press the button right before draw. If you warm it up then you may get dark spots.
5. Draw for 7-10 good seconds, let go of the button and draw the air through for 3s more
6. Never repress the button after letting go during a draw
7.Use the same cotton swab to clean the FF and then vape the cotton.
The only thing i would add to that is make sure your draw technique is constant. dont mix with a fast draw then a slow draw...keep it steady and constant.

EveryDayAmnesiac

I wish both of the Firefly's buttons had a little more resistance to them.

The main power button definitely takes a little effort to move, but I'd prefer a little more. I'm about 97 % sure that I would never accidentally turn it on in my pocket, but I'd like to be 100% you know?

The heat button is okay, but it's such a light push that I do find myself occassionally hitting it when I don't want to (like taking off the top of the FF) and starting the heating process. It doesn't have any "real click to it." I find that kind of "click" to be satisfying. A couple times my finger has just slipped off the button while heating and I had to wait all of 15 seconds to start again!

Although I can understand that people with arthritis or whatever might prefer the ease at which it can be pushed.

Just nitpicking there. That's about the only minor issue I've found with the FF and it's not even an issue, just a preference. It has made vaping on the go a much easier and all-around better experience for me. I am vaping at times and places not possible before, what with the lack of smell (especially if you can use a smokebuddy) and the speed and the fact that it looks so sleek and techie. I have never enjoyed the experience of a portable like with the FF.

The FF is just a fantastic vaporizer. I would be very surprised if more FC regs don't jump on board very soon.

Last edited by a moderator:

Custom Flower Hardware

Manufacturer
Why do you think that you would lose more trichs in a grinder than on your fingers?
i grind up like 2 grams over a piece of paper then tap the 2 grinder pieces together to get whatever extra out then slide it off into a med space case then im good for a bit. It doesnt look like i loose to much just the kief in the bottom of the grinder but thats for later:)

Custom Flower Hardware,

hoyo77

i grind up like 2 grams over a piece of paper then tap the 2 grinder pieces together to get whatever extra out then slide it off into a med space case then im good for a bit. It doesnt look like i loose to much just the kief in the bottom of the grinder but thats for later:)
Speaking of kief...i loaded half my bowl with flower then sprinkled a lil bit of kief on top of it...then covered with flower...mmmmmmmm GOOOOD VAPOR GOOOOD TASTY VAPOR...put me right to sleep!!!

Custom Flower Hardware

Manufacturer
Speaking of kief...i loaded half my bowl with flower then sprinkled a lil bit of kief on top of it...then covered with flower...mmmmmmmm GOOOOD VAPOR GOOOOD TASTY VAPOR...put me right to sleep!!!
That sounds sooo good I'm gonna try that right now:)

Custom Flower Hardware,

Raskin666

Doom Walrus
I am hoping for FedEx miracle and my unit arrives today or tomorrow. Tracking expects Monday. Monday isn't the weekend. Noooooo!!

Raskin666,

birdsiview

Yeah man keep it small.
Personally it's flowers only for my firefly,
it's too pretty to mess up!
I could put bubble in a $20 e-pen.

How messed up would it get from some bubble hash on top of flowers though? Wax and the like would be a mess sure, but I feel like bubble hash wouldn't be a problem.

birdsiview,

njluvdr

Keep calm and vape on
Called FF CS to get a tracking # that I never received and spoke with Sarah. At some point I said I was bummed about not knowing about the discount for the premium package when I initially ordered. She asked me to hold and confirmed with her manager that they would still honor it in my case. I am more impressed with their customer service every time I deal with them. It is such a rarity these days.
Really can't wait for that replacement lid.

green2brown

A friend of mine spoke with customer service this morning with regards to cleaning under the screen and I think the info is incredibly relevant, especially given people's interest in using hash. If you have a resinous build up beneath the screen, you can remove the screen and clean beneath it using a q-tip lightly dampened with ISO. However, be sure not to allow any of the ISO to drip into the holes and into the unit. Also, be certain that your Firefly is completely dry before firing it up. I think it's a safe assumption that ISO leaking into the heater will NOT be covered by the 5 year limited warranty, so cleaning beneath the screen has its risks. But if anyone has an oil spill from using hash or concentrates mixed with flowers, at least it can be cleaned, albeit incredibly carefully.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom