Discontinued The Firefly Vaporizer

Status
Not open for further replies.

mitchgo61

I go where the thrills are
Off: Standby switch off (Not connected to adapter) Duh :p
Solid blue: Charged (Connected to adapter)
Blinking blue: Charging (Connected to adapter)
Green: Switch set to On, device is ready to be used. (Disconnected from adapter)
Green blinking: Device is heating up. (Disconnected from adapter)

Red: I believe this is when the unit overheats, i havent encountered it a single time with normal usage, only when i first started experimenting with it.

I would suggest to never plug in the device while the standby toggle is on, it might confuse the device when you attach it to the net. Personally I'd suggest always turning it off before plugging it in, at least it cant get confused. Same goes for the heater button, i think it doesnt do anything when plugged in to the net but id simply not touch it when it is.

A red light when not attached to ac is a dead battery. You'll get a red if you plug in a very hot FF unit to the adaptor. It'll usually go away if you unplug it for a minute or two.

It shouldn't be a problem to charge the FF with the toggle switch on. It's designed to have different behavior in each instance (the charging light blinks at a different speed when the toggle is on), so there's no danger of any confusion...in a properly-functioning FF, anyway.

mitchgo61,
Reactions: grokit
A red light when not attached to ac is a dead battery. You'll get a red if you plug in a very hot FF unit to the adaptor. It'll usually go away if you unplug it for a minute or two.

It shouldn't be a problem to charge the FF with the toggle switch on. It's designed to have different behavior in each instance (the charging light blinks at a different speed when the toggle is on), so there's no danger of any confusion...in a properly-functioning FF, anyway.

Well, when i first intentionally overheated my FF it definately turned red. and the device was unplugged.

Though i mght be confused with the low charge state, oh well. Dont really care so far ive only seen blue/green hehe which is gdood

Marctraider,

mitchgo61

Well, when i first intentionally overheated my FF it definately turned red. and the device was unplugged.

Though i mght be confused with the low charge state, oh well. Dont really care so far ive only seen blue/green hehe which is gdood

Yeah your battery must have been dead. You will not get an "overheating red" light unless it's plugged into AC for charging. There's no other state in which the FF actually cares about being too hot...except if it tries to charge when it's overheated, and then the red light state prevents it from getting any more charge until it cools down.

mitchgo61,

NorVape

Vape Rictim
Sorry to jump in mid-concersation, but I just got the pads.

The pads.

The pads.

The motherfucking pads!

I've been doing dabs of my morrocan hash rosin on a glass nail, doing hits with the Vapman and screens and puffing it in my O-phos.

They all have their advantages over the Firefly.

But the flavour. I had no idea my rosin tasted this good! I can taste the plants the hash that I turned in to rosin was made from, and the soil of far away lands.

Wow.

Edit: Oops, just did all my rosin.

Last edited:

mitchgo61

But the flavour. I had no idea my rosin tasted this good!.

Vapes come and go. But that FF flavor....my oh my....

PEH6keW.jpg

We5d

No. Google firefly vaporizer and you'll see the best prices available.
Can't find any one selling cheaper than the MSRP. I apologize if I shouldn't have posted the inquiry here. I did Google prior to posting

We5d,

mitchgo61

Can't find any one selling cheaper than the MSRP. I apologize if I shouldn't have posted the inquiry here. I did Google prior to posting

There are only two authorized sellers of the FF: FF themselves, and VapeWorld. Buying from any other retailer carries two risks: 1, you get a counterfeit/knock-off (they are most definitely floating around), and/or 2, you get a genuine FF, but FF will not honor the warranty (which, trust me, you could very well need, and their service is too awesome to take a pass on their support).

Unless you are buying a used FF from someone, you should consider avoiding buying one from anyone other than FF or VW. This is a classic case of "penny wise, pound foolish". Spend the money, get the real thing, get the warranty.

We5d

There are only two authorized sellers of the FF: FF themselves, and VapeWorld. Buying from any other retailer carries two risks: 1, you get a counterfeit/knock-off (they are most definitely floating around), and/or 2, you get a genuine FF, but FF will not honor the warranty (which, trust me, you could very well need, and their service is too awesome to take a pass on their support).

Unless you are buying a used FF from someone, you should consider avoiding buying one from anyone other than FF or VW. This is a classic case of "penny wise, pound foolish". Spend the money, get the real thing, get the warranty.
Thank you, definitely only looking for authorized sellers. I'll keep an eye out for discount coupons from these two

muddyfunster

Hello folks. Long time reader, first time poster

Firstly many thanks to the regular contributors to this (great source of info) thread - especially mitchgo61

I've had a FF since December 2014, purchased from an approved UK stockist. I have the 750mah battery which I have not mistreated by leaving it to charge overnight

My battery has steadily been getting worse over the last 60 days or so, 30 of which I have been trying to get support both from my UK supplier, and secondly from FF direct in the USA.

Basically; from a totally full charge, light on the side goes: green - out - green - out - red. I turn the FF off, turn it back on and this process repeats for around 4 or 5 minutes until the chamber has heated up, at which point the FF performs normally until the battery runs down after about 5 or 6 10 second draws - approx 1 bowl. It’s now getting to the point where the red light comes on after one cycle of the green and then straight to red.

I first contacted my UK supplier and they stated that FF only warranty the battery for 30 days, and yes they will sell me a new battery but no, they won't warranty replace my existing one. They have the battery on sale from normal retail price £34.95 GBP / $53.50 US down to £24.95 / $38 US. I then contacted FF in the USA and they repeated that they only offer 30 day warranty.

In the UK we have the Sales and Goods Act 1979 consumer law that states all goods sold must be of satisfactory quality taking into account the price and description made by the vendor, and it's purpose of use (therefore if you sell a product as a vaporiser, it must vape). The Sales and Goods Act gives warranty for 6 years. After emailing my UK authorised dealer with all of this information, they ceased all communications.

Yes, I could just buy another battery. My issue is that if FF only warranty the battery for 30 days then they should charge £2 GBP / $3.50 and treat it as a disposable item. What they are stating is that I could potentially be required to buy 12x batteries a year at a cost of £419.40 GBP / $671.04 US dollars at full retail price, just to continue using the product unhindered. This was certainly not made clear to me when I purchased the device from either the vendor or the manufacturer. I therefore feel that FF are aware they are selling inferior quality products at inflated prices and then refusing to deal with me to make amends.

Lastly, the silver plating on my on-off switch is now wearing off through massive use of the on-off battery, and so is the silver trim along the top of the battery cover, and there is surface pitting in the silver plating on the mouthpiece.

Not impressed.

In UK law I have a partial comeback through visa debit chargeback, in that I can claim for the entire device to be sold as defective. Unfortunately I naively didn't pay for the device by credit card. If I had paid via credit card I would have used section 75 of the UK consumer credit act to claim an entire refund. I'm just weighing up the pros and cons of reporting this to my bank for a chargeback, or just buying a new battery and selling the device altogether, and getting something else

Anyone else having problems with FF batteries?

Anyone got any other advice on FF alternatives?

Shall I name and shame the retailer?

Cheers

Im not sure about the pitting, and Im even more unsure as of what materials they used for the mouthpiece etc.

The only thing I know is that the FF isnt the only device introducing pitting when mixed with fluids, saliva, etc. Apple products have this particular issue, ive seen it happed to my apple mouse and macbook.

If the mouthpiece is something metal ish and not plastic this is not surprising to me.

Marctraider,

darkrom

Great Scott!
Hello folks. Long time reader, first time poster

Firstly many thanks to the regular contributors to this (great source of info) thread - especially mitchgo61

I've had a FF since December 2014, purchased from an approved UK stockist. I have the 750mah battery which I have not mistreated by leaving it to charge overnight

My battery has steadily been getting worse over the last 60 days or so, 30 of which I have been trying to get support both from my UK supplier, and secondly from FF direct in the USA.

Basically; from a totally full charge, light on the side goes: green - out - green - out - red. I turn the FF off, turn it back on and this process repeats for around 4 or 5 minutes until the chamber has heated up, at which point the FF performs normally until the battery runs down after about 5 or 6 10 second draws - approx 1 bowl. It’s now getting to the point where the red light comes on after one cycle of the green and then straight to red.w

I first contacted my UK supplier and they stated that FF only warranty the battery for 30 days, and yes they will sell me a new battery but no, they won't warranty replace my existing one. They have the battery on sale from normal retail price £34.95 GBP / $53.50 US down to £24.95 / $38 US. I then contacted FF in the USA and they repeated that they only offer 30 day warranty.

In the UK we have the Sales and Goods Act 1979 consumer law that states all goods sold must be of satisfactory quality taking into account the price and description made by the vendor, and it's purpose of use (therefore if you sell a product as a vaporiser, it must vape). The Sales and Goods Act gives warranty for 6 years. After emailing my UK authorised dealer with all of this information, they ceased all communications.

Yes, I could just buy another battery. My issue is that if FF only warranty the battery for 30 days then they should charge £2 GBP / $3.50 and treat it as a disposable item. What they are stating is that I could potentially be required to buy 12x batteries a year at a cost of £419.40 GBP / $671.04 US dollars at full retail price, just to continue using the product unhindered. This was certainly not made clear to me when I purchased the device from either the vendor or the manufacturer. I therefore feel that FF are aware they are selling inferior quality products at inflated prices and then refusing to deal with me to make amends.

Lastly, the silver plating on my on-off switch is now wearing off through massive use of the on-off battery, and so is the silver trim along the top of the battery cover, and there is surface pitting in the silver plating on the mouthpiece.

Not impressed.

In UK law I have a partial comeback through visa debit chargeback, in that I can claim for the entire device to be sold as defective. Unfortunately I naively didn't pay for the device by credit card. If I had paid via credit card I would have used section 75 of the UK consumer credit act to claim an entire refund. I'm just weighing up the pros and cons of reporting this to my bank for a chargeback, or just buying a new battery and selling the device altogether, and getting something else

Anyone else having problems with FF batteries?

Anyone got any other advice on FF alternatives?

Shall I name and shame the retailer?

Cheers

Seems crazy to me that you want to get a refund (essentially stealing the product since you don't sound like you want to mail it back) because of ONE defective battery. Even the shittiest of shitty defective batteries I have last over a month so the 12 a year is a major overstatement. $3.50 a battery huh? Did you come up with that based on anything, or just feel like thats what you WANT? I don't believe they get the batteries themselves for even $10 each so thats a bit silly once again. Try contacting firefly the company not whatever vendor you dealt with (since odds are incredibly bad that its an authorized vendor in the first place). For all you know the vendor you paid sold you a fake firefly, and you are here making up values for everything talking about getting it for free etc. Maybe you should just sell the vape to someone else, once you confirm its a real firefly.

For firefly alternatives the only thing I'd ever use is the Mighty, but thats double the price and has plastic parts that I'm sure you won't find good enough for the money either.

To be honest I feel like there is no vape that is going to meet your apparently high standards. Scratch proof, $3 batteries, warrantied batteries (no company does this at all that I know of) and cheap. I know I'm coming off blunt here, but you are judging a vape and the company based on the experiences of one bad battery and the shitty response of your unrelated vendor. If I were you I'd order a 770mah battery directly from firefly. I'd email them and TELL THEM you want the new 770 mah battery first. Don't just order a battery and expect that will come. That should fix all of your functional problems for the price of one battery. They can't do anything about the fact that PAINT scratches (ever seen any car thats daily driven?) so the only alternatives there would be shitty plastic like most other companies, or unfinished metal or something.

Good luck, but I feel like you have already made your mind up and now hate firefly and just want it to be a free purchase. If not order the 770mah and get multiple bowls, resting assured that if you can't get more than a bowl out of a 770, its 100% user error.

On an unrelated note, if I was a manufacturer this is the kind of thing that would leave me selling products in the USA only. Abuse of the UK law. 6 years? You expect a $250 vape to last 6 years or its free? INCLUDING the battery? Come on here. I can't think of any battery that lasts 6 years. You guys abusing this law in the UK must get a free cell phone every year when the battery goes through normal degradation. Or when you scratch it do you claim that they should have somehow made it unscratchable? The only complaint you have that seems valid is the battery, and its pretty clear that they don't warranty batteries (since no one does). Just buy ONE new battery and enjoy one of the best portable vapes out there for $30 or so. If you really hate the firefly still just sell it and get yourself a pax. Put a skin on it and enjoy harsh conduction vapor, but a 10 year warranty and a scratch shield.

NorVape

Vape Rictim
So, have any one tried both he FireFly with the pads and the Muad Dib, and if so, how do they compare?

NorVape,

muddyfunster

Seems crazy to me that you want to get a refund (essentially stealing the product since you don't sound like you want to mail it back) because of ONE defective battery.

Please read my post again, what I want is for my defective battery to be repaired or replaced. I would argue that it is not unreasonable for an expensive battery to last a bare minimum of 12 months with average usage. None of my other batteries last less than this.

Even the shittiest of shitty defective batteries I have last over a month so the 12 a year is a major overstatement.

Just because that is your experience, that don't make it so.

$3.50 a battery huh? Did you come up with that based on anything, or just feel like thats what you WANT? I don't believe they get the batteries themselves for even $10 each so thats a bit silly once again.

I said if it was a 3.50 battery, I would expect a month's use out of it.

Try contacting firefly the company not whatever vendor you dealt with (since odds are incredibly bad that its an authorized vendor in the first place).

Even your own country's consumer laws suggest the consumer contact their retailer in the first instance: https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0252-warranties

Resolving Disputes
Try to resolve the problem with the retailer. If you can't, write to the manufacturer. Y

This is exactly what I did. I then contacted the manufacturer, who were also not interested

For all you know the vendor you paid sold you a fake firefly, and you are here making up values for everything talking about getting it for free etc. Maybe you should just sell the vape to someone else, once you confirm its a real firefly.

I am more than happy to name that retailer if you like

For firefly alternatives the only thing I'd ever use is the Mighty, but thats double the price and has plastic parts that I'm sure you won't find good enough for the money either.

This is the first sense you have written in your post. How about the Ploom PAX ?

To be honest I feel like there is no vape that is going to meet your apparently high standards. Scratch proof, $3 batteries, warrantied batteries (no company does this at all that I know of) and cheap.

I have had two iphone batteries replaced by Apple under warranty for free after 2 years https://www.apple.com/uk/support/iphone5-battery/

Perhaps in the USA, the Firefly is much cheaper. In the UK it's rather expensive and therefore considered as a luxury good. In your country you have 4 years implied warranty on every purchase. In my country we have 6 years. Why do you think a Firefly vape is immune from this kind of purchase protection?

I know I'm coming off blunt here, but you are judging a vape and the company based on the experiences of one bad battery and the shitty response of your unrelated vendor. If I were you I'd order a 770mah battery directly from firefly. I'd email them and TELL THEM you want the new 770 mah battery first. Don't just order a battery and expect that will come. That should fix all of your functional problems for the price of one battery. They can't do anything about the fact that PAINT scratches (ever seen any car thats daily driven?) so the only alternatives there would be shitty plastic like most other companies, or unfinished metal or something.

I would just like my faulty battery replaced.

Good luck, but I feel like you have already made your mind up and now hate firefly and just want it to be a free purchase. If not order the 770mah and get multiple bowls, resting assured that if you can't get more than a bowl out of a 770, its 100% user error.

The fact that the 750mah battery was "replaced" by an "upgraded" model so soon after launch kind of admits there was a problem with the earlier batteries. I suspect the Firely as a manufacturer would like to avoid an expensive recall of all 750mah batteries they sold.... however unfortunately them stating they don't offer more than 30 days warranty on a battery doesn't automatically place them above consumer law, either in my country or yours.

On an unrelated note, if I was a manufacturer this is the kind of thing that would leave me selling products in the USA only.

As a consumer, you have almost as many rights when purchasing products in the USA as I do in the UK, I am surprised you are not aware of this.

https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0252-warranties
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sale_of_Goods_Act_1979

Abuse of the UK law. 6 years? You expect a $250 vape to last 6 years or its free? INCLUDING the battery? Come on here. I can't think of any battery that lasts 6 years. You guys abusing this law in the UK must get a free cell phone every year when the battery goes through normal degradation. Or when you scratch it do you claim that they should have somehow made it unscratchable? The only complaint you have that seems valid is the battery, and its pretty clear that they don't warranty batteries (since no one does). Just buy ONE new battery and enjoy one of the best portable vapes out there for $30 or so. If you really hate the firefly still just sell it and get yourself a pax. Put a skin on it and enjoy harsh conduction vapor, but a 10 year warranty and a scratch shield.

It is really down to our interpretation of what a "reasonable person" would expect an expensive battery to last when used in accordance with the manufacturer guidelines. If the battery was disposable, I would expect it reasonable to last 30 days. Therefore a FF 30 day warranty would be expected, and reasonable. If the battery costs 50 bucks and fails on day 31, I would need to replace it again. This is unreasonable

Are you employed by Firefly, by the way?

420engineer

Seems crazy to me that you want to get a refund (essentially stealing the product since you don't sound like you want to mail it back) because of ONE defective battery. Even the shittiest of shitty defective batteries I have last over a month so the 12 a year is a major overstatement. $3.50 a battery huh? Did you come up with that based on anything, or just feel like thats what you WANT? I don't believe they get the batteries themselves for even $10 each so thats a bit silly once again. Try contacting firefly the company not whatever vendor you dealt with (since odds are incredibly bad that its an authorized vendor in the first place). For all you know the vendor you paid sold you a fake firefly, and you are here making up values for everything talking about getting it for free etc. Maybe you should just sell the vape to someone else, once you confirm its a real firefly.

To be honest I feel like there is no vape that is going to meet your apparently high standards. Scratch proof, $3 batteries, warrantied batteries (no company does this at all that I know of) and cheap. I know I'm coming off blunt here, but you are judging a vape and the company based on the experiences of one bad battery and the shitty response of your unrelated vendor. If I were you I'd order a 770mah battery directly from firefly. I'd email them and TELL THEM you want the new 770 mah battery first. Don't just order a battery and expect that will come. That should fix all of your functional problems for the price of one battery. They can't do anything about the fact that PAINT scratches (ever seen any car thats daily driven?) so the only alternatives there would be shitty plastic like most other companies, or unfinished metal or something.

On an unrelated note, if I was a manufacturer this is the kind of thing that would leave me selling products in the USA only. Abuse of the UK law. 6 years? You expect a $250 vape to last 6 years or its free? INCLUDING the battery? Come on here. I can't think of any battery that lasts 6 years. You guys abusing this law in the UK must get a free cell phone every year when the battery goes through normal degradation. Or when you scratch it do you claim that they should have somehow made it unscratchable? The only complaint you have that seems valid is the battery, and its pretty clear that they don't warranty batteries (since no one does). Just buy ONE new battery and enjoy one of the best portable vapes out there for $30 or so. If you really hate the firefly still just sell it and get yourself a pax. Put a skin on it and enjoy harsh conduction vapor, but a 10 year warranty and a scratch shield.

slightly OTT reaction imo

user is pissed that he was caught out with one of the dodgy batches of batteries, and after just a few months use, I can see why.

it's good that the 'fly has a swappable battery, though, and is the main reason I bought one - I needed a batter swap, too, and can attest to the quality, and vape changing difference the new 770 battery makes - go buy one asap :)

mitchgo61

Please read my post again, what I want is for my defective battery to be repaired or replaced. I would argue that it is not unreasonable for an expensive battery to last a bare minimum of 12 months with average usage. None of my other batteries last less than this.

That's reasonable. But...did you call FF? Because considering you purchased in late 2014, they may very well just send you a free 77o battery, which they've been doing for US users for months now. (I don't know if they will or can do this for UK...but if you haven't called them yet, you've missed your best opportunity to get a free replacement. Call them!)
Even your own country's consumer laws suggest the consumer contact their retailer in the first instance: https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0252-warranties

I am more than happy to name that retailer if you like

Whatever our US consumer laws say, there's a better, faster, more efficacious way of getting help....CALL or WRITE FF directly. We don't need to know who the retailer is, but FF will want to know. But darkrom is right, you need to contact FF. We don't even know if your FF is legit or not. FF can help you, but not if you don't contact them.

Are you employed by Firefly, by the way?

Oh come on. Seriously? Anyone who likes and/or defends the FF is an employee? Many of us are HUGE FF fans, completely honest about our problems with it anyway (ask me about my SIX defective units...and I still worship the FF). If all of us who defend and love the FF (and the company, who are among the most stand-up folk you will ever deal with) were employees, FF would be out of business by now. They couldn't afford all of us. :p

Don't tell @EveryDayAmnesiac though...he only talks to me 'cause he thinks I work there. And I need all the friends I can get. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Seriously though, I agree with darkrom, it sounds like you've made up your mind. If you can give the FF folks, directly, a chance to make you happy, you might soon be on our side of the line....Flavor Central. FF Country. See above. :nod:

Good luck, and remember, we're all just trying to help. No one here is shilling for FF, trust me.

darkrom

Great Scott!
slightly OTT reaction imo

user is pissed that he was caught out with one of the dodgy batches of batteries, and after just a few months use, I can see why.

it's good that the 'fly has a swappable battery, though, and is the main reason I bought one - I needed a batter swap, too, and can attest to the quality, and vape changing difference the new 770 battery makes - go buy one asap :)

Agreed its a bit over the top but it seems like a long list of complaints for "I have a bad battery" I have 3 bad batteries lol. I got a 4th good one and the vape is WAY better. The options are buy the good battery or sell the vape kinda. Firefly customer service has been WONDERFUL to me, so I suspect the reason that he got a bad response from them (and me) is that he went in sounding like a lawyer and sounds entitled. I email them casually and politely and they are always happy to make things right.

muddyfunster

Firefly case number: 127137

Dear <muddyfunster>,

Thank you for contacting Firefly. I am very sorry to hear about your battery. However I am sorry to inform you but the battery is only covered under the first 30 days upon purchase date so you will have to purchase a new battery. This should resolve your issue right away.

I hope this helps. If there is ever anything we can assist you with, please feel free to reach out to our customer service department. We appreciate your choice to work with us, and look forward to the opportunity to do so again in the future. Have a wonderful day!

Best regards,

Serena

reply to this e-mail to update this case

*FIREFLY*
Instant Vapor. Pure Flavor.
www.thefirefly.com
www.facebook.com/fireflyvapor
www.twitter.com/fireflyvapor

Message History
-----Original Message-----
Sent: 05/14/2015
Subject: TheFireflly.com Contact Form

Dear <muddyfunster>

That is great news to hear about the law! However since you are in the UK and you purchased your unit from [redacted UK approved retailer] you will need to contact them for any warranty issues as we only ship through the USA and in Canada.

I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience.

Warmly,

Patrick
206-418-6565
M-F 9am-6pm Pacific time

muddyfunster,
Reactions: NorVape

mitchgo61

user already stated multiple times that he contacted Firefly directly, his disdain is at the response from Firefly.

Right, that's why I recommend calling them. If you want a form letter, send an email. If you want action from FF, call them.

I don't know if they will be unable or unwilling to deal with the UK aspect of this, but if you've been following this thread, you'll note that every single user who got a bad battery from fall 2014 and CALLED FF got a free replacement.

FC is a blast, but the ten minutes spent typing long complaints in this forum can be used to better effect by CALLING the awesome FF staff. We can't send this guy a battery...best to talk directly to the folks who can fix this.

darkrom

Great Scott!
I think the entire reason that post frustrated me is the lawyer language (no one is happy if they are dealing with lawyers right) and the fact that firefly has the best customer service when we are talking about portable vapes. At least in my experiences of course. Someone else said it best before, they VALUE their customers. @muddyfunster sorry if I came off more aggressive/blunt than I intended, but give them a call and just explain NICELY how you feel. I think talking about laws and entitlement gets people on edge. It did for me, and I'm not even involved really. Anyway sorry if I'm coming off as a dick, but I'm just trying to say call up and just explain the situation. They are just regular guys/girls over there with some seriously above average customer service for this industry.

RelaxedNow

"
Firefly case number: 127137

Dear <muddyfunster>,

Thank you for contacting Firefly. I am very sorry to hear about your battery. However I am sorry to inform you but the battery is only covered under the first 30 days upon purchase date so you will have to purchase a new battery. This should resolve your issue right away.

I hope this helps. If there is ever anything we can assist you with, please feel free to reach out to our customer service department. We appreciate your choice to work with us, and look forward to the opportunity to do so again in the future. Have a wonderful day!

Best regards,

Serena

reply to this e-mail to update this case

*FIREFLY*
Instant Vapor. Pure Flavor.
www.thefirefly.com
www.facebook.com/fireflyvapor
www.twitter.com/fireflyvapor

Message History
-----Original Message-----
Sent: 05/14/2015
Subject: TheFireflly.com Contact Form

Dear <muddyfunster>

That is great news to hear about the law! However since you are in the UK and you purchased your unit from [redacted UK approved retailer] you will need to contact them for any warranty issues as we only ship through the USA and in Canada.

I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience.

Warmly,

Patrick
206-418-6565
M-F 9am-6pm Pacific time

Yeah, quoting the law is probably not going to be helpful. When I politely inquired as to whether my unit was warranted, they sent a new battery, no questions asked. Besides, if they don't sell in the UK, one can't expect them to offer a warranty.

I think you should take another shot at it, asking them to provide assistance.......but only if you feel that's the right approach. If not, oh well.

muddyfunster

Hey no worries. FWIW I did contact both my vendor and then FF with polite requests first, only to be told of the 30 day warranty and no they won't help. When challenged on their 30 day warranty policy, both companies refused further communications, hence my frustration

If the FF was advertised as having 30 day warranty on the battery on the manufacturer or retailer website when I bought it, I would have no issue. A 30 day warranty would have made me choose something else to start with.

And congrats to everyone who has got a free replacement battery/batteries, I would be interested to hear of any UK users who got theirs replaced.

Also, what is the expected lifespan of the 770 battery?

Thanks

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom