The Firefly 2 vaporizer

Status
Not open for further replies.

vape4fun

The only issue I would have is someone buys a FF and it doesn't work like they were hoping it would, then sell it not in a malicious way or anything but just because it's not what they hoped it would be.

With these weird lid/gasket issues I would be a bit more weary especially because FF response is buy another lid at your expense and it's not a warranty issue.

Glad yours is working great!

vape4fun,
Reactions: FreshAir

mitchgo61

I go where the thrills are
How are the mouthpieces holding up-for those who have already the vape? Taking it off the unit and putting it back on is a smooth transition?

Is taking the mouthpiece off to clean it every few sessions is somthing good to do?

It's essential imo. It catches tons of stuff. I remove it every third bowl to clean it...also helps keep draw resistance lower.

For me it's one of the big improvements in the 2 over the 1. And so far no issues with wear when removing it regularly.

Last edited:

studmuffin

Greetings, Firefly 2 Nation,

Illuminations,

The drier your material the better, within reason.

Medium grind to ensure thorough interface (surface area contact with hot air). Grinder cards are perfect for this.

Ensure that NO bits of detritus are anywhere outside the bowl.

LSD=PFT/RFT

Every time you lift the lid to stir, MAKE SURE THAT THERE IS NO MATERIAL WHATSOEVER ANYWHERE OUTSIDE OF THE BOWL WHEN THE LID IS REPLACED. LET ME REPEAT MYSELF: MAKE SURE THAT THERE IS NO MATERIAL WHATSOEVER ANYWHERE OUTSIDE OF THE BOWL WHEN THE LID IS REPLACED. THIS IS SO CRITICAL THAT I AM TEMPTED TO REPEAT MYSELF. AGAIN. BUT I WON'T. AMEN. WORD.

The magnetized lid is just fine.

The gasket is just fine.

Good luck, fellow vaperists.

:myday:

Sh4dy15

I will say I have seen some peoples lids where there are pieces of ABV bud all over the silicon piece...while I am not sure if it is doing anything I would say its best to keep this piece clear as possible.

snamuh

ghost
FTFY since it could be inferred that some people's problems are not in the lid, which hasn't been proven (or disproven) yet. :D
Seriously, all it takes to prove a lid/gasket issue is putting a piece of tape over the bowl, placing the lid back on and sucking air out of the mouthpiece... I tried with painters tape on mine and again with some vinyl I had laying around... When I tested with vinyl I didn't cut it or anything so it covered the ff2 glass all the way to the edge. The gasket made a full seal even with the vinyl creating an uneven surface.

* I am not responsible for people trying this with the wrong type of tape *

TheHoF

Ordered April 11 and just received shipping confirmation.
It's a good day!

Awesome! Getting closer to my date (the 16th). Just curious, what color did you get? We are yet to hear whether or not color is affecting shipping dates in this batch.

TheHoF,

Sh4dy15

Seriously, all it takes to prove a lid/gasket issue is putting a piece of tape over the bowl, placing the lid back on and sucking air out of the mouthpiece... I tried with painters tape on mine and again with some vinyl I had laying around... When I tested with vinyl I didn't cut it or anything so it covered the ff2 glass all the way to the edge. The gasket made a full seal even with the vinyl creating an uneven surface.

This is a quick way to test for sure!

Also, and I might be wrong but even if air was leaking in it wouldnt stop it from getting you medicated right? It would really just make the vapor less visible I would assume.

Sh4dy15,
Reactions: KeroZen

purplenurple24

I guess I might have to try this out. I'll need to find some painters tape...

purplenurple24,

Super Stinky

@TheHoF I've got a black beauty on its way to me. Not sure if ship times are colour dependant for this batch, but I hope you get your email soon! Forget the possible lid/draw issues... the waiting has been the most difficult hurdle so far!

Super Stinky,
Reactions: TheHoF
I wish I had no known about the lid issue and had at least focused in on that. Though I tried very carefully to make sure the lid was on right if I had known that could be an issue I would have tried blocking the normal intakes and making sure it was air tight. It has been with the FF folks now a week. Oh well got the mighty and crafty (which are great) to keep me happy.

MonsterWithoutBorders,
Reactions: Reggie Watts

toked23

@TheHoF I've got a black beauty on its way to me. Not sure if ship times are colour dependant for this batch, but I hope you get your email soon! Forget the possible lid/draw issues... the waiting has been the most difficult hurdle so far!

Very nice, I have a black one preordered from I think apr 26

toked23,

studmuffin

Dear purplenurple24,

I am not sure how you accomplished this feat, but you have managed to mis-quote my post.

Fascinating, indeed.

For the record, as it were,

THE magnetized lid is just fine.

THE gasket is just fine.

Well, there you are, purplenurple24. Work your magic.

studmuffin,
Reactions: TheHoF

jay87

I went with a black FF2 hoping it'd be delivered sooner, we'll see if that happens, I ordered on 4/23 no email yet but I'm hoping for next week. I would definitely consider picking up a blue lid in the future tho they look really nice.

jay87,

TheHoF

Good to know! Yeah, it will be interesting to find out if color is a factor this time around or not. I'm fairly set on the blue and will probably wait if it is delayed. On the other hand I promised myself I would take a break till it got here and an extra week would make that harder...

@studmuffin I'm guessing there was some sarcasm there, but just in case you didn't know FTFY stands for "fixed that for you." (Although, personally, I had no problem with your phrasing. Just figured I'd clear up the intent in case you weren't familiar with that internet acronym)

This batch is color dependent as well. I am an April 1st pre order for blue. No email yet.

Damn! I was hoping not to hear that.

TheHoF,

purplenurple24

Dear purplenurple24,

I am not sure how you accomplished this feat, but you have managed to mis-quote my post.

Fascinating, indeed.

THE gasket is just fine.

I intentionally misquoted your post to make it more of a personal experience (my) rather than the possible, all-encompassing, interpretation of the word,"the."

I put FTFY (Fixed That For You) to imply that the quote was "doctored."

I meant no offense. In fact, I "liked" your post in the hopes that it would further convey my appreciation for your advice.

I apologize for any misunderstanding. It was not intended to offend.

Baron23

Dear purplenurple24,

Fascinating, indeed.

THE gasket is just fine.

He didn't misquote you, he stated that he amended your quote to make it accurate and I agree with his changes. The only FF2's performance and function that you know about is yours.

purplenurple's, unit, seems to have issues which you blithely dismissed with a fairly arrogant and nonsensical statement encompassing the entire population of FF2s.

Just saying mate, YOUR lid is just fine and YOUR gasket is just fine. If you have some detailed first hand knowledge of some other FF2s, perhaps they are fine also. Clearly purplenurple's is not.

jay87

Lol relax guys, I think the small number of lids that might've had defects is still questionable but I haven't seen anyone with the faulty lid able to prove exactly how/where the suspected leak is coming from so it's still kind of conjecture at this point.

I'd actually encourage anyone with a suspected bad lid to send it in to Firefly and see what they end up saying, they might just send you a new one for your trouble. Who knows?

purplenurple24

Lol relax guys, I think the small number of lids that might've had defects is still questionable but I haven't seen anyone with the faulty lid able to prove exactly how/where the suspected leak is coming from so it's still kind of conjecture at this point.

I'd actually encourage anyone with a suspected bad lid to send it in to Firefly and see what they end up saying, they might just send you a new one for your trouble. Who knows?
I wasn't offered that option. They basically told me I was doing it wrong by sending me a bunch of videos of critics using their FF2s.
Now I'm not so sure, but that was their response a couple days ago. I'm relaxed, but I don't see how using this device could be so inconsistent for some people. Especially when it seems like most people have very little trouble.

The only reason I even messed with @studmuffin's quote was because some people are writing this issue off, and nobody has actually found a cure.

EDIT: I also want to mention that I am in no way trying to be malicious or insult anyone. I was just trying to have a little fun, while also making others aware that people are still experiencing issues.

Sh4dy15

There has to be some level of defective units out there...it would be an unbelievable feat to have none.

Having said that, the 3 to 4 people on here with lid issues have not 100% identified that was the issue so we don't know yet.

I still believe that there is some level of surprise/confusion on the vapor produced by the FF2. I can't say it enough that it's a different kind of vapor. If you are inhaling expecting a warm vapor feeling it's never going to happen. If it's that you are getting no vapor at all it may not be packed enough or its defective. But I will say the fact that the immediately sent @colomarijuana a new lid but didn't do the same for others tell me that it's at least a possibility there is no problem with those people's lids at all and they might just have to get used to the device and how it works.

It's supposed to whistle, the vapor is supposed to be cool, and it should be producing vapor very easily. Until someone with a suspected issue sends it in we won't know.

Baron23

It should whistle from outside air penetrating to the vapor path? Really??

It should produce different vapor results depending on if you squeeze top and bottom together or not....Really?

3-4 people with FF2 issues....just 3-4...REALLY?

Baron23,

Sh4dy15

@Baron23 1. It is NOT whistling from outside air getting in. It is whistling when the air passes through mouthpiece/vapor path.

2. If you alter the device in some way, could it produce different results. Yes.

3. Yes, I have only seen 3 people with the issue. Now 2. If I'm wrong go back and find others besides @Reggie Watts and @purplenurple24 and before @colomarijuana

This is not a widespread problem dude.

Edit: To be clear, I'm using the word whistle but it's not like a loud whistle. It's a soft whistle of the air passing through. This is being blown way out of proportion.

studmuffin

Hi purplenurple24 and TheHof,

FTFY is a new acronym for me. Where I come from, which is quite a few decades ago, changing someone's words in a direct quotation was as socially acceptable as kicking an elderly man in the balls.
I am increasingly getting weary of all this silliness and "picking fly shit out of the pepper".

I have mastered my gold Firefly (it's so-o-o-o purdy ! ) .

Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom