The Firefly 2 vaporizer

Status
Not open for further replies.

jvapour

but no idea what temp I'm running on.

If you tap the left sensor 3 times it will flash red to show the temp setting.
1 flash = low
2 flashes = medium low
3 flashes = medium
4 flashes = medium high
5 flashes = high

Battery indicator on the app shows full.... really?! Is that broken or...

Yeah that seems to be a common issue. I'm getting it too. I've heard Firefly is aware of the issue and are working on a firmware update.

Vapenado

..you can put your weed in it
Anyone got any guess how many big old dabs they can get out of a battery? Anyone tried testing that yet?
I'm down with giant dabs! You get crazy pulls and major clouds! I can't really tell you how long the battery lasts...I keep it on the charger when not in use. I know it's not good for the battery but it comes with a spare and I don't mind if I have to buy a new one a year or more down the road. I like the convenience of always having it topped off. Concentrates are definitely the way to go with this vape. I absolutely LOVE mine! It's wicked good!!

Silveradio

I've had my blue FF2 for over a week now and want to give you my take...I have been reading and taking in a lot that is going on and I'm really sorry to hear about the air leak issue. Fortunately I have good sealage. To me right from the first blast of the firefly I got excellent flavor not so much vapor. But coming from my Italian cousin the DaVinci, it to me was a well deserved treat. I proceeded to perfect my tech on the next draw and holy shit nice clouds and proceeded to PFT land(shout out to studmuffin for that).I reached it on my 3rd. Everytime therafter I took flight the third draw was the charm for me. Back in the 70's we had no luxury like this except coughing and barely breathing to say wow that was good shit man.Some of you out there have been up there in different vape models and I Can understand your frustration. I did notice something today though after about the third toke (is that how you say it when vaporizing). I went through the stir thing and had real good results and just touched the material to become level with the top glass. The first draw I took I watched the first maybe third of the material suck right up to the glass and got a monstrous hit that I started to cough, and not from combustion. Has this happened to anyone else?
So for me I love this vape. It may not be the be all end all of vapes but I think convection is in the mix. I'm sure Firely will work on their units that didn't make the cut but let's face it we are barely out of the first wave and just starting the second. Once they get firmly on the ground with this release and fix the errors, I think we just might have something if we don't already. Hang in there you guys. These 2 guys have worked hard, just by looking at the video of their prototypes and their pride they take into this product, I think they will do good by all of us.

colomarijuana

All be advised, second wave incoming! :rockon::drool:

woohoo! You'll love it.

I've had my blue FF2 for over a week now and want to give you my take...I have been reading and taking in a lot that is going on and I'm really sorry to hear about the air leak issue. Fortunately I have good sealage. To me right from the first blast of the firefly I got excellent flavor not so much vapor. But coming from my Italian cousin the DaVinci, it to me was a well deserved treat. I proceeded to perfect my tech on the next draw and holy shit nice clouds and proceeded to PFT land(shout out to studmuffin for that).I reached it on my 3rd. Everytime therafter I took flight the third draw was the charm for me. Back in the 70's we had no luxury like this except coughing and barely breathing to say wow that was good shit man.Some of you out there have been up there in different vape models and I Can understand your frustration. I did notice something today though after about the third toke (is that how you say it when vaporizing). I went through the stir thing and had real good results and just touched the material to become level with the top glass. The first draw I took I watched the first maybe third of the material suck right up to the glass and got a monstrous hit that I started to cough, and not from combustion. Has this happened to anyone else?
So for me I love this vape. It may not be the be all end all of vapes but I think convection is in the mix. I'm sure Firely will work on their units that didn't make the cut but let's face it we are barely out of the first wave and just starting the second. Once they get firmly on the ground with this release and fix the errors, I think we just might have something if we don't already. Hang in there you guys. These 2 guys have worked hard, just by looking at the video of their prototypes and their pride they take into this product, I think they will do good by all of us.

It surprises me everyday how good the vapor tastes. Then concentrates take me to a whole new level. PFT for sure!

Silveradio

Someday I will make my own concentrate and see what ya'll are talkin about. It shouldn't be too hard right

Silveradio,

purplenurple24

Someday I will make my own concentrate and see what ya'll are talkin about. It shouldn't be too hard right
Look up how to make Rosin. I've never made it myself, but it seems to be a pretty straight-forward process, and it doesn't cost a lot. You just need to have some extra bud, parchment paper, and a hair straightener.

purplenurple24,
How are the mouthpieces holding up-for those who have already the vape? Taking it off the unit and putting it back on is a smooth transition?

Is taking the mouthpiece off to clean it every few sessions is somthing good to do?

AlexisChamberlain,

colomarijuana

Mouthpiece seems very good. been pretty rough with it testing and it seems really durable. Even if I break it 2 for $9.99 on their website is pretty cheap.

Hoping for a glass or WPA mouthpiece though! Someone make one please!
How are the mouthpieces holding up-for those who have already the vape? Taking it off the unit and putting it back on is a smooth transition?

Is taking the mouthpiece off to clean it every few sessions is somthing good to do?

purplenurple24

Mouthpiece seems very good. been pretty rough with it testing and it seems really durable. Even if I break it 2 for $9.99 on their website is pretty cheap.

I feel like a glass mouthpiece would be hard to fit onto the FF2 with the way it clips in. Could be glass with a plastic "connector" if they could keep it air tight. Who knows, maybe they could make all glass work. At the very least, I would expect some sort of 3rd party adaptor.

pushpaw

I just blow through it whenever I have the lid off and that seems to keep it clean enough. I did take it off for the first time the other day, and this was after using the FF2 fairly often since I got it which was at the end of April, and it was basically clean. I expected gunk in there, but it was fine. I will check every now and then, but blowing through it when the lid is off is certainly a good idea.

I will say that it felt like I had to try harder than I was expecting to get it to come off, which is both good in that it is on there pretty good, but also makes me worry that I would break it if I was taking it off and on all the time.

thecurmudgeon

If you tap the left sensor 3 times it will flash red to show the temp setting.
1 flash = low
2 flashes = medium low
3 flashes = medium
4 flashes = medium high
5 flashes = high

Yeah that seems to be a common issue. I'm getting it too. I've heard Firefly is aware of the issue and are working on a firmware update.

They changed it just before shipping. I'm told that it's in quarters on released models, 1-4 flashes. That said, it takes a long time to get below 4 then progresses quickly.

thecurmudgeon,

Morimoto

Is taking the mouthpiece off to clean it every few sessions is something good to do?

Mouthpiece is fantastic! I'm taking it off to ISO clean it every... 4 days or so, To remove any AVB from it I simply blow into it with the LID OFF, this shoots any AVB out of the mouthpiece area, however, I am not getting any AVB into the mouthpiece with the correct loading and stirring technique, also I have not had more than a few flakes in the mouthpiece this week at all, so things are going very well!

For the record, 100% of my "issues" were user error (lid seating), getting to know the vape, AND building diaphragm muscles!!! My diaphragm was so weak because I'm a mouth to lung e-juice vaper, so I needed time to adjust, now I ride the FF2 whistle like I'm riding the lightning!

Last edited:

Sh4dy15

I'm thinking this may be one with some kind of magnet/lid issue :/ Is it supposed to whistle fairly loudly when you hit it lol?

Just to build on what everyone else said, mine whistles too and works great....totally normal.

To me this is one of the best parts, even if something goes wrong at some point (mouthpiece breaks, lid silicon issues, battery, etc.) everything is fairly inexpensive to replace. Which it should be being the unit was $330. It just helps me rest easier knowing that.

A little whistling is normal, or at least mine does and mine works great. I use the small sound it makes as a guide sometimes to slow my intake on the first hit or so.

I use it the same way, if the whistle gets too intense I know I need to slow the draw a bit. Of course you can just rip it but you wont get as good of vapor production. I will say on high temp tho you can rip it as hard as you want and get decent vapor.

Last edited:
Sh4dy15,
Reactions: Vapenado

peterloveslubey

does anyone have a white FF2 they'd be willing to post a picture of? Seems like the blue on the website and in real life is a bit different, curious to see what the white looks like before I preorder!

peterloveslubey,

vape4fun

Unfortunately this is not one of those products to buy used until all these issues are sorted out. I guess the best solution are for people with issues to post on here their location and have a friendly helper meet up with them with a working fly and try each other's out to see if it's malfunction or user error like stud muffin offered to Reggie.

Lastly I found that when I took screen out of mouthpiece the vapor flowed way more freely. That being said my heavy using pax loving friend tried fly last night and he wasn't impressed besides the taste. He's a heavy user big cloud chaser so that's life.

I have a white one Peter but don't know how to post it here. Plenty of pictures on Instagram #ilovemyfirefly. If that isn't good send me a PM with number and I'll text you a couple shots.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom