The Firefly 2 vaporizer

Status
Not open for further replies.

jay87

The anticipation is killing me :rant:

If Firefly is shipping to customers in late May, then their incoming shipment of FF2's from China has got to arrive to them very soon. So if i can sneak on to the ship that's en route, find their shipment and obtain one of the Firefly 2's for myself... :ninja:

purplenurple24

The anticipation is killing me :rant:

If Firefly is shipping to customers in late May, then their incoming shipment of FF2's from China has got to arrive to them very soon. So if i can sneak on to the ship that's en route, find their shipment and obtain one of the Firefly 2's for myself... :ninja:
Just grab everybody's while you're there. We already paid so they are technically ours, right?:tup:

purplenurple24,

Vapenado

..you can put your weed in it
One last off-topic question for ya: would my 1 7/8" tall 4 piece grinder fit in the drawer? I don't know how accurate/representative their claimed drawer height measurement is...
My 3 pc SCS fits with room to spare....along with my PAX2 FF2 and a few other accessories.
Side note - drawer doesn't actually lock...only the humidor portion does. .

Rush520

Still awaiting my GH i ordered in August, I hopped on FF2 a couple weeks ago and know its going to arrive before the GH. I had a small epiphany today and realized todays the day I should take a break from the green and work on finding a new job...The anticipation is going to kill once they arrive.

Rush520,
Reactions: snamuh

BuzzDanklin

May the 4th be with you all

Trying to stomach episode III with the help of my FF2 but padme made me hack... massive rip tho, hella stoned after that (second rip, 1st was just as good, should be 2 more like that to a fully packed bowl)

https://www.instagram.com/p/BFAPX2hAqdr/

apparently we can't embed instagram on the forums >.>

I couldn't find a way to embed instagram videos, but you can embed the photos. You have to right click on the photo in instagram though, then chose "view source" and then hit ctrl+f (find) and search ".jpg" then copy paste the url from 'http' to '.jpg' into the FC image button.

Loving your blue FF and blue Grinder:

13151136_1146862668670612_2089043527_n.jpg

Any recommendations on a quickcharge / 9V adapter? Takes more then an hour and a half to charge through a cell phone adapter.

lazypotato,

Reggie Watts

My FF2 seems to be getting better over time. Getting better draws. Even the loose plastic mysteriously settled into place (doesn't make a clicking sound when I touch it anymore). Weird, but I'll take it! Maybe I needed to "break it in" a little, lol.

I really wish they had included a little slot where you can insert your poking tool for convenient access like the Mighty. Now I have to keep track of this little black stick.

Last edited:

purplenurple24

I really wish they had included a little slot where you can insert your poking tool for convenient access like the Mighty. Now I have to keep track of this little black stick.

I don't have an FF2 yet, but I was thinking that the other day. One of my favorite parts about my Crafty is the convenience of the filling/poking tool. I am thinking that that's one of the things that I'll be wishing my FF2 had. It's so simple, but it's awesome not having to worry about extra pieces like a stupid poker. It's just there.

Morimoto

My FF2 seems to be getting better over time. Getting better draws. Even the loose plastic mysteriously settled into place (doesn't make a clicking sound when I touch it anymore). Weird, but I'll take it! Maybe I needed to "break it in" a little, lol.

I feel like mine is getting better all around with time, I suspect there is at least some break in period.

CL52613

Hi CL52613,

Thanx, man !

The main reason I post on this forum is to share what I have learned/gleaned from copious "research". Having vaped over 4,000 bowls in my original silver Firefly, having a science/technical background, and unleashing the full potential of my particular manifestation of high-functioning autism, I have mastered this insect. And I have shared my findings in previous posts. I guess that the next step might be a TED lecture, I dunno.

Therefore, sir/madam, release thy funds, post haste.

:myday:

I hope you will not mind my using a nickname for you Mr. Muffin; but McFly is just much easier to type, straight or cross-eyed. I have gather, through perusing this topic, that you have indeed spoken of your having melded with the FF, and now it's sibling, FF2. In advance, I ask for your forgiveness and indulgence...Remember 63 years old here; please McFly, open the vault, give up the intel, I cannot read through 61 pages and counting, of posts. Just get me to the ballpark; type of grind or doesn't matter; fill and tamp down or leave loose, if tamping how aggressively; last but not least, how to hit the FF2 so she willing surrenders her copious bounty - include if stirring is required to get a even ABV. I await your transmissions.

Last edited by a moderator:
CL52613,

Mr. Me2

@Vapenado Yeah, looks real good!

One last off-topic question for ya: would my 1 7/8" tall 4 piece grinder fit in the drawer? I don't know how accurate/representative their claimed drawer height measurement is...

More on topic tho is the fact that my anticipation for my blue FF2 has gotten to a point where I don't feel like using my Pax 2 anymore! Lol. Such great reports from everyone!

And whoever claimed there wasn't lots of excitement around this vape is clearly mistaken imo. Although I will admit that a 60 page thread does look underwhelming alongside 300+ for another known insect. Maybe if Firefly announced it years ago and shipped 'em at a snails' pace....? :p

Anyways, off to relieve my "anxiety" with some tasty Grapefruit :D

Keep the updates coming everyone!

Edit: @Morimoto Thanks for the tips ;) Don't worry about the nose, I'll try nailing the basics first haha. Feel free to post vids tho :D
Even if the grinder fits, it may not be a great idea to keep it in there at that relatively high humidity level.

Mr. Me2,

Vapenado

..you can put your weed in it
Even if the grinder fits, it may not be a great idea to keep it in there at that relatively high humidity level.
On the contrary, 60-65% is ideal storage....unless you're worried about the grinder...in which case I'd actually worry less. In any case...the drawer is not part of the humidor.

Vapenado,
Reactions: Mr. Me2

Mr. Me2

On the contrary, 60-65% is ideal storage....unless you're worried about the grinder...in which case I'd actually worry less. In any case...the drawer is not part of the humidor.
Yeah...I was referring to impact on the grinder :wave:;):doh:

Mr. Me2,
Reactions: Vapenado
Because I live in Seattle I returned my firefly2 to the local address. It wasn't that easy to find. Streets weren't well marked. I met Jeff the manager who was very friendly. I felt he did not mind my visit. He said that this was the worldwide RMA facility so he would see all the bad ones. So far he had seen 6 mine was the seventh. That was super impressive.

purplenurple24

Because I live in Seattle I returned my firefly2 to the local address. It wasn't that easy to find. Streets weren't well marked. I met Jeff the manager who was very friendly. I felt he did not mind my visit. He said that this was the worldwide RMA facility so he would see all the bad ones. So far he had seen 6 mine was the seventh. That was super impressive.
He didn't happen to mention how many are out there in the wild, did he? 7 is an impressive number, but if they've only shipped 100 or fewer, not so much. It does seem like there are a lot of happy people (as opposed to a handful of disappointed people.)

Edit: After re-reading this, I kind of sound like I'm being negative, but that wasn't my intention. I am genuinely curious about how many are out there. I also wanted to add that a lot of the disappointed folks have come around after spending some time with their new toy. I'm seeing mostly good things, and the majority of bad things are coming from people that I might classify as "seemingly-biased-asshats."

Last edited:
purplenurple24,
Reactions: Ratklaw

jay87

He didn't happen to mention how many are out there in the wild, did he? 7 is an impressive number, but if they've only shipped 100 or fewer, not so much. It does seem like there are a lot of happy people (as opposed to a handful of disappointed people.)

Edit: After re-reading this, I kind of sound like I'm being negative, but that wasn't my intention. I am genuinely curious about how many are out there. I also wanted to add that a lot of the disappointed folks have come around after spending some time with their new toy. I'm seeing mostly good things, and the majority of bad things are coming from people that I might classify as "seemingly-biased-asshats."

I'm also interested in how many are floating around right now.

But what I REALLY wanna know is when the rest of them are coming and if "late may" means May 20th, May 30th, or May 6th :rant:

purplenurple24

I'm also interested in how many are floating around right now.

But what I REALLY wanna know is when the rest of them are coming and if "late may" means May 20th, May 30th, or May 6th :rant:
May 6th would be late compared to May 1st. It's all about your perception. It's all relative. :p

P.s. I love the positivity.

Stoney Baloney

Cannabis Connoisseur

I don't think you sounded negative at all! With the money you are spending you could buy a smartphone! We are all super stoked and super enthusiastic but since we are being promised the best, it's only fair to expect the best. I read on their Instagram the other day that they are ahead of schedule, Hopefully they are ahead by at least a couple of weeks!

I wanted to ask him but I already felt that I could be imposing. So I just said nice to meet you and
got him to make sure that what I was giving him was the right stuff. I was sort of in awe. I was in the worldwide universal and total firefly repair and assessment facility (just not yet for the ff2. They get sent to San Francisco right now and then get mailed back directly).

purplenurple24

I wanted to ask him but I already felt that I could be imposing. So I just said nice to meet you and
got him to make sure that what I was giving him was the right stuff. I was sort of in awe. I was in the worldwide universal and total firefly repair and assessment facility (just not yet for the ff2. They get sent to San Francisco right now and then get mailed back directly).
I didn't realize they had that much of a presence in Washington. I knew that their phone/fax numbers were Seattle based (206) but I was curious why. Good stuff, man.

purplenurple24,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom