The Firefly 2 vaporizer

Status
Not open for further replies.

mitchgo61

I go where the thrills are
I am not a big fan of ABV pix, mostly because I think they can be misleading, but for folks asking about extraction, here's a comparison. The top is (was) about .09 gs of White Widow, what I would consider a "micro-load", frankly. Below it is the "before" shade of the same strain.

hvz6u9.jpg

I packed it densely. Took a few hits on Med-High, stirred, took a few more hits on M-H, stirred again, bumped to High, few more hits, stirred, dropped in the pad to take up space and raise the heat, took a few final hits with some button "pulsing" to boost the heat at the end. Maybe 15ish hits. (I really need to count! :lol:)

I put what was left in the Nano. On 8, I got one not-great hit. This load was 98% extracted in the FF.

jay87

@mitchgo61 Nice pic, that's a delicious looking before and after :drool:

So how are those concentrate pads holding up for you guys? I'm curious about how often I'll be needing to buy new ones.

I also plan to try out some cleaning methods to extend their lifespan even though Firefly says cleaning the pads is not recommended. :science:

Morimoto

@mitchgo61 going to get both batteries to full and try that exact method you just recommended, I appreciate all tips&tricks!

With a cold unit and no top on, I drew air thru the bowl by locking my lips around the bowl, basically kissing my FF2 bowl gently, and drew air to test the air flow, this was my baseline, I put packing tape over the 2 air flow holes, and the draw resistance was mostly unaffected from the baseline, I then proceeded to gently tape over all areas and the spot that most of the air was being drawn from was the battery compartment after sealing that off with packing tape the pull thru the bowl was none, as in no air flow, as in finally sealed! then I removed ONLY the air flow holes tape, and the draw was 95% normal, so my conclusion is that the vast majority of the air is drawn through the air flow holes, However! I think they designed it so that in the VERY likely event of the user covering the holes, the unit can still draw/intake air. Thoughts? I didn't take pics of that process because I was in made scientist mode.

theCerberus

My theory on this is that the people who have received their FF2 are simply too high to type anything at all.
I've been posting since i got it. I love it. Its my favourite portable. if you are a cloud chaser it take a little work to master the pack and mixing. but it gets me good and medicated every time, which i cant say is true anymore for many of my other portables (solo, ascent, pinnacle pro). i dont find conduction works well for me when im in a lot of pain, dont get me wrong, i get stoned but i get limited symptom relief. personally this vape is almost exactly what im looking for, even if mixing the bowl and packing it right are a skill to master for ideal cloud results.

Yeah, I'm connected to the app on High heat.

I noticed that my bowl is only getting vaped in the center, but the edges of the bowl are always green. So I'm left with a brown center surrounded by green.

Mix and stir your bowl. Eventually all the parts of it will get a chance at the centre and will brown evenly.

Did someone say ABV?

Gandalf save us with some abv pictures ;-).

(sorry about the focus)
L3UTUoH.jpg

Last edited:

BuzzDanklin

@mitchgo61 going to get both batteries to full and try that exact method you just recommended, I appreciate all tips&tricks!

With a cold unit and no top on, I drew air thru the bowl by locking my lips around the bowl, basically kissing my FF2 bowl gently, and drew air to test the air flow, this was my baseline, I put packing tape over the 2 air flow holes, and the draw resistance was mostly unaffected from the baseline, I then proceeded to gently tape over all areas and the spot that most of the air was being drawn from was the battery compartment after sealing that off with packing tape the pull thru the bowl was none, as in no air flow, as in finally sealed! then I removed ONLY the air flow holes tape, and the draw was 95% normal, so my conclusion is that the vast majority of the air is drawn through the air flow holes, However! I think they designed it so that in the VERY likely event of the user covering the holes, the unit can still draw/intake air. Thoughts? I didn't take pics of that process because I was in made scientist mode.

This is what I found as well when I tested the intake. Once I taped off the intakes, some air started coming through the two holes below the intakes where the battery lid clips into place:

wnj8gn8l.jpg

mitchgo61

This is what I found as well when I tested the intake. Once I taped off the intakes, some air started coming through the two holes below the intakes where the battery lid clips into place:

Interesting. You can see the sides of the bowl, just, when you peer into those little notches. They are essentially additional small intakes just below the main openings, although I'm sure they weren't designed as such given they are covered by the battery lid.

mitchgo61,
Reactions: Ratklaw

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
Hm I'm still trying to understand the reported plastic/glue smell when new. The battery and electronics are isolated from the air intake right? Or is this yet another case of "dude it doesn't matter if air enters via the USB port because it's cold" and/or "you are breathing air coming from your laptop fan right now so why do you care?" :worms:

KeroZen,

Morimoto

@BuzzDanklin So it's either a safety feature to prevent zero airflow, or a manufacturing flaw, I think its to prevent zero airflow, but only time will tell the true answer.

@KeroZen I think you might be correct, It's my 1st day with the little fella so i'm not sure, the air might only really flow through the body/cracks when the main air holes are covered, can't say for sure yet

In my opinion the unit is functioning correctly.

Grandma is happy so far

snamuh

ghost
Hm I'm still trying to understand the reported plastic/glue smell when new. The battery and electronics are isolated from the air intake right? Or is this yet another case of "dude it doesn't matter if air enters via the USB port because it's cold" and/or "you are breathing air coming from your laptop fan right now so why do you care?" :worms:
I think its the padding/magnet on the lid.

Morimoto

I am not a big fan of ABV pix, mostly because I think they can be misleading, but for folks asking about extraction, here's a comparison. The top is (was) about .09 gs of White Widow, what I would consider a "micro-load", frankly. Below it is the "before" shade of the same strain.

hvz6u9.jpg

I packed it densely. Took a few hits on Med-High, stirred, took a few more hits on M-H, stirred again, bumped to High, few more hits, stirred, dropped in the pad to take up space and raise the heat, took a few final hits with some button "pulsing" to boost the heat at the end. Maybe 15ish hits. (I really need to count! :lol:)

I put what was left in the Nano. On 8, I got one not-great hit. This load was 98% extracted in the FF.

OH @mitchgo61 !!!!!!! I just followed these instructions and on the 4th draw I hit my technique, I got the 1st massive hit coughing fit from my FF2 thanks hommie!! 10/10 PFT

@theCerberus Even when I only see whispy blue vapor, I feel the medication, but it's super clean, not like any vape I have had before, so clean.

Last edited:

mitchgo61

I think its the padding/magnet on the lid.

The air intake is isolated from the electronics...the air flows in from the front. The pcb and the battery are well behind the bowl.

snamuh is correct....I noticed a slight smell on the extra blue lid I got (but not on the black lid that shipped with the FF). It seemed to be the silicon gasket and went away in 24 hours or so.

BabaRobDass

You know, I've been reading back through this thread and other Firefly 2 threads around the internet and what I've noticed is this:

The vast majority of FF2 owners who have received their device are very happy with them, but there's also a lot of vocal people who do not own and have no intention of purchasing a FF2 who are mad that it even exists and is being rated so highly by reviewers so they post negative comments and even some false information about the FF2.

My theory on this is that the people who have received their FF2 are simply too high to type anything at all.

So while I'm in between refreshing my email waiting for my tracking number, I thought I'd share a picture of myself as I read the negative comments from those salty people:

GiIue42.jpg

Exactly. Just pack the shit up. Small or big load almost don't matter. Grind, almost don't matter. Heat setting, almost don't matter. Cloud or lack thereof, almost don't matter. Draw...well, prolly need to do a LSD. Golden copulations await those who partake of the FF2. I've been wrecked since I got mine. (Mike drop)

purplenurple24

Exactly. Just pack the shit up. Small or big load almost don't matter. Grind, almost don't matter. Heat setting, almost don't matter. Cloud or lack thereof, almost don't matter. Draw...well, prolly need to do a LSD. Golden copulations await those who partake of the FF2. I've been wrecked since I got mine. (Mike drop)
Love hearing the good reviews. I LOVE IT!!!:clap:

Vapenado

..you can put your weed in it
I have come to love this work of art so much. I named mine - Marty. And when I thought it couldn't get any better...I recently purchased a Cannador® and this thing seems to actually improve the entire experience by keeping my bud perfectly perfect.
I was on the fence and wasn't sure if I'd like it as much as my PAX2....but now, hands down, it's one of my most favorite things in the world!

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
The air intake is isolated from the electronics...

Yeah my question was just to be sure, as we've seen our share of horrors didn't we? And even on high end models. I was really gutted when I discovered the leak in my Ascent for instance. But there were other vapes with the air sucked in around the USB port and for many FC members it was not a problem... We all have different tolerance tresholds apparently. But good to hear they didn't screw it on this one!

CL52613

Hey Reggie,

I will be in Seattle, WA this Thursday. IF you will be in Seattle this Thursday, I volunteer to meet up with you and solve all of your Firefly2 issues. I have this insect dialed in, and I can guarantee 100% that after a very short tutorial, you will be bonded with your gold Firefly (it's so-o-o-o purdy !).

Two gold Fireflies, meeting up in the daylight ? What are the chances ?

:myday:
Darn studmuffin, please spread the love. Provide the benefits of your intimate knowledge in creating a symbiotic union with the FF2. So much contradicting misinformation on the how to's of grinding, loading, stirring, drawing, etc. Is the FF2 really so self-absorbed as to require this much attention before giving up the goods? And to say the FF2 is very intuitive while suggesting a short tutorial on how to bond with it, is an oxy-moron, que no? I humbly seek your wisdom to give me the necessary insight to enjoy the benefits of Fireflying. I do believe you know the difference between sh_t and shinola so shine on tiny diamond. The money that was edging to escape my ownership, is once again retreating until further communiques.

Morimoto

Morning all, Granny's 2nd day with my Blue FF2

unOoPil.jpg

Day 2, woke up, Ankylosing Spondilitis hurting really bad, basically the worst kind of Arthritis possible. So this is exactly why I bought the FF2, I can't fuck around with a butane torch for my preferred vape, the Lotus.

So I put the coffee on, grab water, take a puff of E--juice, 100%VG Flavorless 2mg nicotine and sit down, pack a heaping bowl into the FF2, pack it down with my thumb, not to tight not to loose, not to fine, not to coarse, just like coffee. toss the lid on, and start at High.

first draw, fantastic full terp profile on the first hits, smooth &cool taste of A-Pinene/Linalool/Beta-Caryophyllene/Myrcene I was getting notes of all 4 of those. The Lavender was extra nice.

Video of second draw https://www.instagram.com/p/BE_FfWNgqad/

The above is why I bought this device, I wanted a vaporizer that does not destroy my marijuana, I have bongs/pipes/papers if I want to destroy my marijuana LOL The FireFly2 Allows a connoisseur level of taste and control over the entire process, I am very happy right now, super clean high.

so 2 hits, all terp, then I Stir, as you will see in the pic. AVB pile is from yesterday, was in the FF2 all night, passed out in a stoned out state.

TFGVlap.jpg

Then 4 more Long Slow Draws LSDs full flavor, cool, very medicated, not much visible vapor but thats what I want, the device is doing exactly what it's suppose to, super cool and efficient and effective vapor. Full stir every 2 or 3 hits.

I1d1IoK.jpg

L5UWRmp.jpg

Bonus, the Goo from the lid.. I transferred to a fresh blade, this goo looks fantastic, fire!

QKN4brt.jpg

studmuffin

Hi CL52613,

Thanx, man !

The main reason I post on this forum is to share what I have learned/gleaned from copious "research". Having vaped over 4,000 bowls in my original silver Firefly, having a science/technical background, and unleashing the full potential of my particular manifestation of high-functioning autism, I have mastered this insect. And I have shared my findings in previous posts. I guess that the next step might be a TED lecture, I dunno.

Therefore, sir/madam, release thy funds, post haste.

:myday:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom