The Firefly 2 vaporizer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kasish

The lighter material is actually touching the pad, the darker is from the bottom of the bowl, in this image the extraction came from the bottom upward and you can see a bit of color on the pad collecting the goo of the gods. I'm not getting any particulate movement in the airway and no cleaning yet, this is Stock with no cleaning done.

93D328Q.jpg
I donno from my experience with the ff1 it was a mistake to put the pad on top, might not be the case with #2. Altho no matter how u look at it ur getting more conduction this way. Thats a beautiful looking piece btw im jealous :-).

Kasish,

b0

Cloudy...
Your ABV looks too green, I'm sure there's a lot of actives on it. Is it posible to have brown colored ABV using this vape? Will love to see more pictures of ABV from other members :)

Thnks @Morimoto for your thoughts :tup:

b0,

snamuh

ghost
So...

Temp low... Full pack, hand torn, shake to stir amount.... Drew slow so that there was NOT a whistling air sound from the draw speed (listen for to the air!). First draw, waited after the five heating blinks.. Didn't even wait for the solid green light to turn off before ending my draw.... And the result was a nice vibrant blue cloud.

@Reggie Watts

snamuh,
Reactions: Sh4dy15

mitchgo61

I go where the thrills are
Your ABV looks too green, I'm sure there's a lot of actives on it. Is it posible to have brown colored ABV using this vape?

Yes. Stir, re-pack, bump up to high. My ABV is pretty dark when I'm done. (I can still get a couple final hits from it in the Nano, but it's 90% extracted.)

Morimoto

I know its under vaped and too green! I said in the OP that I was testing and I just wanted to show everyone "as is" from 1st run through the temps. I just inhaled 4-5 times for 10-20 seconds on each and I left the AVB "as is" to show people what came out from low, medium low, medium, and medium high.

I'm testing the vaporizer as if i'm a Granny who has terminal something and is using this as her end life relief, you know, like to alleviate the fear of death. So far it's a full recommend, the only other granny device is the Pax2, and I think this beats that. Once granny is a fully fledged user, then she can have an EVO or Lotus or Grasshopper or sublimator, those 4 I would not give to Granny who has never used cannabis ever until she is much more experienced...

Edited..!

Last edited:

jay87

You know, I've been reading back through this thread and other Firefly 2 threads around the internet and what I've noticed is this:

The vast majority of FF2 owners who have received their device are very happy with them, but there's also a lot of vocal people who do not own and have no intention of purchasing a FF2 who are mad that it even exists and is being rated so highly by reviewers so they post negative comments and even some false information about the FF2.

My theory on this is that the people who have received their FF2 are simply too high to type anything at all.

So while I'm in between refreshing my email waiting for my tracking number, I thought I'd share a picture of myself as I read the negative comments from those salty people:

GiIue42.jpg

slcbdco

Brewer, Lobbyist, Vaporist
I own a Mighty, produces good flavorful vapor. Not impressed with build quality, battery life, or exterior case which has curved base causing the unit to tip over easily. I was very interested in the FF2 but the posts here have dampen my enthusiasm. Is producing clouds similar to the ones made with a Mighty really that difficult? Seems like so much effort; how to grind, how to load bowl, need to constantly stir bowl contents, how to draw, etc. Is there a portable vaporizer that is as simple to use as a pipe and fire or blunt? Cleaning requirements aside, is there a vape you can use for a pinch or full pack without having to go through so much trouble? We sent a man to the moon over half century ago and still can't design a truly fool-proof vaporizer?

I love the grasshopper for all those reasons, 5 second startup, no stirring, great flavor, use a pinch or grind, pack it full, don't, doesn't matter! The Firefly is view as a totally different kind of vape for group settings and flavor cannasuers willing to put in the effort.

Morimoto

You know, I've been reading back through this thread and other Firefly 2 threads around the internet and what I've noticed is this:

The vast majority of FF2 owners who have received their device are very happy with them, but there's also a lot of vocal people who do not own and have no intention of purchasing a FF2 who are mad that it even exists and is being rated so highly by reviewers so they post negative comments and even some false information about the FF2.

My theory on this is that the people who have received their FF2 are simply too high to type anything at all.

So while I'm in between refreshing my email waiting for my tracking number, I thought I'd share a picture of myself as I read the negative comments from those salty people:

GiIue42.jpg

I have been watching The Clone Wars all 6 seasons 15ish hours a day for 6 days + and this made me laugh, Darth Jar Jar........ I'm high from testing the FF2 and it's a totally clean high, but I still need to test more, the batteries are my only complaint at this point, they drain fast in my opinion. Going to go for a bike ride and get a 20w usb charger wall brick... this slow charging is killing me.

Morimoto,
Reactions: Ratklaw

Mr. Me2

I love the grasshopper for all those reasons, 5 second startup, no stirring, great flavor, use a pinch or grind, pack it full, don't, doesn't matter! The Firefly is view as a totally different kind of vape for group settings and flavor cannasuers willing to put in the effort.
I agree EXCEPT...I think the ff2 would be great for alone one-and-done settings too. But seems better for group settings than the gh (unless everyone in the group has their own gh...).

Gandalf

So, after using the Firefly 2 for a couple bowls, I think I can safely say that this vaporizer just isn't for me, and I put it up for sale in the Classifieds section because I cannot return it to Firefly.

I was able to get consistent clouds with it on the High setting, and the vapor was very cool and smooth, but for some reason it's just not doing it for me and I immediately wanted to go back to using my Grasshopper. Call me crazy but I just like the vapor when it's a little hotter and thicker, it comes closer to emulating the smoking experience that I used to crave.

I will say though that when I packed it up to 3/4 full and tapped it to shake it in between hits, I got very even ABV both times, and it was a reasonably dark brown. I should've taken a picture but I can't anymore because I cleaned the vape up already and packaged it for sale.

The Firefly 2 IS an awesome vaporizer. I think anyone who liked the first Firefly will really love the second version, but in trying it out for the first time I realized that vapor coolness and smoothness just aren't particularly high on my priority list. To each his own.

Reggie Watts

I know @MonsterWithoutBorders was saying that he is not connected to app as he doesnt have a device to run it. I am wondering if that has anything at all to do with it. @Reggie Watts are you connected to app? Wonder if thats why it is stuck at a lower temp profile. Not sure though.

Yeah, I'm connected to the app on High heat.

I noticed that my bowl is only getting vaped in the center, but the edges of the bowl are always green. So I'm left with a brown center surrounded by green.

shaolinmilk

So, after using the Firefly 2 for a couple bowls, I think I can safely say that this vaporizer just isn't for me, and I put it up for sale in the Classifieds section because I cannot return it to Firefly.

I was able to get consistent clouds with it on the High setting, and the vapor was very cool and smooth, but for some reason it's just not doing it for me and I immediately wanted to go back to using my Grasshopper. Call me crazy but I just like the vapor when it's a little hotter and thicker, it comes closer to emulating the smoking experience that I used to crave.

I will say though that when I packed it up to 3/4 full and tapped it to shake it in between hits, I got very even ABV both times, and it was a reasonably dark brown. I should've taken a picture but I can't anymore because I cleaned the vape up already and packaged it for sale.

The Firefly 2 IS an awesome vaporizer. I think anyone who liked the first Firefly will really love the second version, but in trying it out for the first time I realized that vapor coolness and smoothness just aren't particularly high on my priority list. To each his own.
Thanks for this honest and truthful response.

For me personally, I feel like I was misled somewhat into thinking this will be much easier to use than the Firefly 1 and I made the plunge on the pre-order because of it. After people received their units and started stating how it's more of a manual vape, you cannot get a decent cloud unless you have good technique, the grind matters, uneven AVB, etc... I had to cancel because at this price I would expect it to be easier to use.

I hope they sent out a defective batch and are in damage control trying to fix it all... I sure hope that's the case because I had extremely high hopes for this vape.

Reggie Watts

So...

Temp low... Full pack, hand torn, shake to stir amount.... Drew slow so that there was NOT a whistling air sound from the draw speed (listen for to the air!). First draw, waited after the five heating blinks.. Didn't even wait for the solid green light to turn off before ending my draw.... And the result was a nice vibrant blue cloud.

@Reggie Watts

Mine makes a whistling sound even when I draw very slowly. When the bowl is empty I can get a silent draw, but with herb inside it always whistles.

Reggie Watts,

studmuffin

Hey Reggie,

I will be in Seattle, WA this Thursday. IF you will be in Seattle this Thursday, I volunteer to meet up with you and solve all of your Firefly2 issues. I have this insect dialed in, and I can guarantee 100% that after a very short tutorial, you will be bonded with your gold Firefly (it's so-o-o-o purdy !).

Two gold Fireflies, meeting up in the daylight ? What are the chances ?

:myday:

Reggie Watts

Hey Reggie,

I will be in Seattle, WA this Thursday. IF you will be in Seattle this Thursday, I volunteer to meet up with you and solve all of your Firefly2 issues. I have this insect dialed in, and I can guarantee 100% that after a very short tutorial, you will be bonded with your gold Firefly (it's so-o-o-o purdy !).

Two gold Fireflies, meeting up in the daylight ? What are the chances ?

:myday:

Haha thanks, but I won't be there. I feel like I've tried everyone's suggestions but still get inconsistent results. I'm assuming it's my fault for bad technique, but I'll see what Firefly thinks. Do we have any FF reps on the forum?

Reggie Watts,
Reactions: Derrrpp
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom