The Firefly 2 vaporizer

Status
Not open for further replies.

seaofgreens

My Mind Is Free
I think it looks pretty sweet, and the vape critic, buzz etc. were all raving about it, so I am just surprised it doesn't have.... more going on here is all.

Hoping the best though!

seaofgreens,

Morimoto

I'm still amped to receive mine on Tuesday, I am soaking in all the tips and reviews and I'm still excited, I use a Lotus as a daily vape and love cleaning and fiddling with things, but I need something for my middle of the night, can't see straight, arthritis hands, (permanently dilated right pupil and ankylosing spondilitis) Butane lighters... too much for me in that state, when I NEED to get medicated fast I find I end up grabbing a pipe, hitting the pipe, then vaping the Lotus to reach the stratosphere.

The FireFly 2 should serve my need perfectly as a quick alternative to "I can't use a butane lighter cuz my hands hurt so bad right now."

rosedale

Does anyone know if there is a solution to charge the battery outside of the unit (i.e. an aftermarket external charger or some sort of work around)? It would be nice to have a battery in the unit and one getting charged.

vape4fun

On website $30 external charger works for both firefly and FF2 so just have someone confirm it works and you're good to go

vape4fun,
Reactions: VapeKat

theCerberus

On website $30 external charger works for both firefly and FF2 so just have someone confirm it works and you're good to go

Yea the external charger works fine. I've been using it. The new batteries are pretty much exactly the same. The only difference is they have a little plastic tab that makes it easier to remove them.
You will need the wall adapter too. That doesn't come with it because it assumes you have the original firefly with its ac adapter.

theCerberus,

mitchgo61

I go where the thrills are
Does anyone know if there is a solution to charge the battery outside of the unit (i.e. an aftermarket external charger or some sort of work around)? It would be nice to have a battery in the unit and one getting charged.

It works. Been using my FF1 external charger with my FF2 batteries. It not only works, it's much faster than USB charging...I can go from dead to full in under an hour. It also eliminates any charging cradle weirdness some of us have experienced.

studmuffin

Eureka !,

I have discovered my optimal packing method for the Firefly2. I took my gold Firefly out to my shop and clamped into my bench vice real good. I had a short section of 3/8 inch wooden dowel. I put some unground nug into the bowl, and placing the end of the dowel onto the bud, I used a 28 ounce framing hammer to pound/tamp the material into the bowl. I was able to get at least .75 grams pounded into the bowl when all was said and done. Yankee ingenuity, at your service !

:myday:

Eatrocks

You packed it super tight with a hammer?

I always tamp down even when it says not to, if the hot air draw is going thru herb it needs to be ground and tamped. But something like the pax2 looks like room temp air blows thru the herb

Eatrocks,

sky king

It's not accurate to say you can't get thick clouds, or that it's dependent on technique. It isn't. It's entirely depenedent on density of packing....cram the bowl full, even with barely-ground bud, and you will get plenty of thick, cloudy vapor right away, and for much of the bowl.

I know firefly recommends a loose pack, but for clouds I think this density comment is exactly right. Last night I was able to get consistently HUGE clouds from the FF2 for the first time. It was amazing. Here was the technique:

Medium grind
Very full load
Tamp down well*
Medium or high heat (I like to start on medium)
Slow and steady draw
Remove lid, stir well and re-tamp firmly after every single hit*

Stirring and re-tamping after each hit is a bit more work, but for me the results were totally worth it. With this method I was getting around 8-10 enormous hits per bowl.

One other thing I've noticed is that if I can't get a decent hit it's often because of the seal. Try re-setting the lid and the draw resistance will get a bit tighter and clouds will follow.

jay87

This vape release has surprisingly little excitement being generated here imo.

I'm very excited :rofl:

I think the hype of the FF2 got too large, it was to be the messiah of portable convection vapes, the vaporizer to end all vaporizers! :bowdown:

But when people got them they started realizing they would have to pack it correctly, and even *gasp* stir it from time to time when using dry herb.

In spite of all these people talking about how to grind and how to pack their dry herb, I'm still just sitting here excitedly waiting for the best portable convection concentrate vaporizer I've ever seen :science:

Mr Mellish

Eureka !,

I have discovered my optimal packing method for the Firefly2. I took my gold Firefly out to my shop and clamped into my bench vice real good. I had a short section of 3/8 inch wooden dowel. I put some unground nug into the bowl, and placing the end of the dowel onto the bud, I used a 28 ounce framing hammer to pound/tamp the material into the bowl. I was able to get at least .75 grams pounded into the bowl when all was said and done. Yankee ingenuity, at your service !

Please allow me to reiterate my request for a double of whatever you're having.

studmuffin

Hi Mr Mellish,

I am currently vaporizing "The Hog", a wicked little Indica pegging the THC meter at 27.4%.

But I digress. I am arguably the person on this forum with the most experience with Firefly, having been vaping 5 + bowls/day for 25 consecutive months out of my silver Firefly. Do the math. I have applied everything I have learned from my prodigious experience in order to share real-world success techniques with fellow Fireflyers. Apparently, the majority of people are more interested in wallowing around in silliness. Go back and read all of my messages in this thread.

I feel left out, almost shunned really. The only manner in which I can participate anymore is to make stupid crazy shit up to "blend in" with the evolved tone and tenor of this thread.

Note to self: STFU.

Mr Mellish

Hi Mr Mellish,

I am currently vaporizing "The Hog", a wicked little Indica pegging the THC meter at 27.4%.

But I digress. I am arguably the person on this forum with the most experience with Firefly, having been vaping 5 + bowls/day for 25 consecutive months out of my silver Firefly. Do the math. I have applied everything I have learned from my prodigious experience in order to share real-world success techniques with fellow Fireflyers. Apparently, the majority of people are more interested in wallowing around in silliness. Go back and read all of my messages in this thread.

I feel left out, almost shunned really. The only manner in which I can participate anymore is to make stupid crazy shit up to "blend in" with the evolved tone and tenor of this thread.

Note to self: STFU.

I'm sorry to hear you're feeling shunned. I'm only reading this thread because I'm bored with the GH wait and figure I might as well stoke my VAS with something else that looks interesting.

I took the last few posts as very interesting sarcasm. And, of course, the back and forth over a vape that I would expect to be pretty straightforward is equally intriguing. Your posts have been a refreshing tweak on all the crazy modding conversations that go way over my head in some of the other threads.

In fact, you had me so enraptured that I damn near had a major lump charcoal fire on the deck. Got out there just in the nick of time.

Last edited:

Morimoto

@studmuffin I for one, REALLY appreciate your serious info, AND your jokes, man I was so high from the lotus when I read both of the joke posts, I check FC every day all day for hilarious shit like that AND the serious stuff. I consider your posts valuable :)

darbarikanada

have you tried a dremel tool w/attachment for stirring?

studmuffin

Hi Mr Mellish, Morimoto, and Mr.Me2,

Whew, I started to skitter off the rails for a moment back there. Thank you for the props. I am fine now, as I have just vaped a bowl of "Blue Dream" @ 22.6% from my gold Firefly, starting at Medium for the first rush of terpenes, then progressing to High, and finally to PFT.

I regret using the word "shunned", as it has negative associations, both denotatively and connotatively.

Am I being adequately articulate, sufficiently succinct, or merely voluptuously verbose ? I dunno. Blame it on the "Blue Dream".

Forthwith, for the record, I have elucidated all of the salient criteria for optimizing the Firefly, based on a mutha-fuckin' shitload of data I have explored and evaluated. Obviously, I have no control over how this information will be received and applied. Most of the time I am merely amused by these tales of woe, as earnest wannabe-stoned-by-a-Firefly pioneers navigate the cannabis fields with an insect ripe with promise and portent. Earlier, I became quite dismayed, as in, . . . ,

"We bought him books. We sent him to school. And he just ate the covers off".

Sometimes I wonder why I am bothered by people who steadfastly refuse to be helped.

Anyhoo, I am fine now. Thanx !

jay87

Whew, I started to skitter off the rails for a moment back there. Thank you for the props. I am fine now, as I have just vaped a bowl of "Blue Dream" @ 22.6% from my gold Firefly, starting at Medium for the first rush of terpenes, then progressing to High, and finally to PFT.

I regret using the word "shunned", as it has negative associations, both denotatively and connotatively.

Am I being adequately articulate, sufficiently succinct, or merely voluptuously verbose ? I dunno. Blame it on the "Blue Dream".

Forthwith, for the record, I have elucidated all of the salient criteria for optimizing the Firefly, based on a mutha-fuckin' shitload of data I have explored and evaluated. Obviously, I have no control over how this information will be received and applied. Most of the time I am merely amused by these tales of woe, as earnest wannabe-stoned-by-a-Firefly pioneers navigate the cannabis fields with an insect ripe with promise and portent. Earlier, I became quite dismayed, as in, . . . ,

Sometimes I wonder why I am bothered by people who steadfastly refuse to be helped.

Sounds like Somebody's Firefly 2 seems to be working extraordinarily well... :lol:

Last edited:
jay87,
Reactions: Mr. Me2
Blue just received no email shipment alert.

I first started with a micro load. Best taste ever. Worked good.

Normal load. Worked very good. Very easy to use. Noticed very sticky inside.

Love the looks and those barely touch buttons.

studmuffin

Hi jay87,

Yes, my gold Firefly and I have formed a strong bond, even though we have only been together for 46 hours. I provided a multi-installment review of concentrate pad use in the original Firefly. I am looking forward to utilizing the concentrate pads with the new Concentrate heat profile in my new Firefly. I have some stellar shatters and waxes to try. How stellar, you may ask ?

"Son, this will knock yer dick in the dirt".

Foshizzzzle !

Rantor49

Hi jay87,

Yes, my gold Firefly and I have formed a strong bond, even though we have only been together for 46 hours. I provided a multi-installment review of concentrate pad use in the original Firefly. I am looking forward to utilizing the concentrate pads with the new Concentrate heat profile in my new Firefly. I have some stellar shatters and waxes to try. How stellar, you may ask ?

Foshizzzzle !

So jealous. Need to get to Colorado and stock up on concentrates.

Rantor49,
Reactions: slcbdco

jay87

Hi jay87,

Foshizzzzle !

I look forward to it. Concentrates are where my interests really lie with this device. :nod:

I've also rather enjoyed your ludicrously loquacious literary tales of the taxing trials and tribulations that one such as you, with your elaborate and extensive expertise of the fantastically fine firefly family of vaporizers must overcome in order to achieve that astounding amount of amazement one receives upon reaching the preeminently precipitous peaks of PFT (Pretty Fucking Toasted) of which you speak.

:lol:

Mr Mellish

Well, if you'd care to produce a line of pamphlets re: vapes for dumbfucks, I'm in for the ESV and Prima. Might finally have the Pax2 dialed in, thanks to a few concise posts on that thread. I let the Firewood 3 intimidate me for a while but a few helpful tips and that bad boy couldn't be easier (and I suppose the same could be said for the Vapman). I may be wrong but I'm expecting the the FF2 to fall closer to the FW3 in terms of locking in a successful technique. It just doesn't seem like it should fall in the W9 Tech/ESV tweaker's paradise.

Mr Mellish,

Ratklaw

I'm on a One Plus One with Cyanogen Mod and upgraded to Marshmallow and that solved my non-connect issue. I just need to close the Firefly App and reopen and it connects!

Did you ever get your bluetooth and app setup? Seems like someone else had a similar issue and solved it by opening and closing the app a bunch of times.

Ratklaw,

Ratklaw

Just a general update: I took the device camping over the weekend and got to really test it out.

I figured out the packing/grind technique and have been getting decent clouds. Even when I don't, the flavor and high are great.

Also happy that I resolved my Bluetooth connection issue so I could change the heat settings and try out some CO2 oil. The performance of the FF2 was incredible! As others have noted, concentrates are where it is at with this device.

I'm pretty happy with this as a first vaporizer.

A couple things that bother me: battery meter not working, auto shut off seems to kick in too soon sometimes.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom