The Firefly 2 vaporizer

Status
Not open for further replies.

oddjobold

Vape swap shop
Seems like people that get them take off to the clouds and we never hear from them again!! Come back down and let us know how they are. I am super interested in fedex policy in Canada but where are the reviews??!! I have some sour D waiting for me tomorrow and promise will post my initial thoughts

It reminds me of when you serve a meal and everyone goes silent. Its usually usually a good sign. It tastes so good and everyone can't stop eating!

Eyedunno

FF2 is awesome. Great design. I could dock points for the reliance on a charging dock (oh, man, no pun intended!), but for me that was never a deal-breaker. Going back to this kind of simplicity many months after ditching my Crafty is interesting. Also, I'm having great success with the factory default settings (medium high and both buttons); I don't see myself changing a thing, even though I have a smartphone now (unlike when I had the Crafty).

WJhwccc.jpg

The only other bit of VAS I'm still waiting on now is the Omnivap.

Ratklaw

Android 6 and 6.0.1 is kinda wonky with bluetooth, it is a known issue and the symptoms are exactally as you describe. rest assured it is not your FF2 or phone hardware, just the current coding within marshmallow 6 and 6.0.1

It's my first vaporizer so I'm still getting used to it. I wasn't getting great hits at first but got really stoned anyway so I had to take a break. I started getting stronger hits the second round by inhaling longer and more slowly but not sure if that was even necessary. Still more testing required. :-)

Also the battery didn't last the evening but that could have been because I was just messing with it a lot.

Bluetooth connection issue described above is my only real complaint so far because I couldn't change the heat setting when I wanted to. But I figure that will be sorted out eventually.

Last edited:

purplenurple24

It's my first vaporizer so I'm still getting used to it. I wasn't getting great hits at first but got really stoned anyway so I had to take a break. I started getting stronger hits the second round by inhaling longer and more slowly but not sure if that was even necessary. Still more testing required. :-)

Bluetooth connection issue described above is my only real complaint because I couldn't change the heat setting when I wanted to. But I figure that will be sorted out eventually.
I hope they fix it, but it's not a deal breaker for me as long as it works most of the time.
Similar (Bluetooth connection related) problems have been the only complaint I have with my Crafty so far, but it's not a huge deal. More of an inconvenience, but as long as the vape works as well as they say, I'll get over it.

Maitri

Deadhead, Low-Temp Dabber, Mahayana Buddhist
Hey man, Amazon has medical grade silicone tubing you can get 10inches of 3/8inch tubing with 1/2inch inner diameter for like $15 and it can work to mod pretty much any vape to water. Should work with the FF2 no problem

Hope y'all enjoy them, shame about the defects but par for the course, hopefully it's a smooth launch! Looking forward to more user reports but I feel like I already know what to expect :tup:

Awesome, thanks! URL, please? :)

Maitri,

Maple Beaver

Vape convert and herb snob in the making
@ShayWhiteGrow I always thought that particulate filter seemed restrictive with it's relatively low "hole count". Lots of unused surface there. I foresee an aftermarket filter with more, albeit smaller holes or possibly an actual screen wich would prevent almost anything from getting through and improve flow.

I use my Pax 2 aftermarket titanium screen exclusively and it works extremely well. With the level of ingenuity in the vaping community, I'm sure we'll see a host of accessories for the FF2 showing up online sooner rather than later! :nod:

Although for now, I'll settle with people receving theirs and giving those of us further down the queue something to gnaw on while we (not so) patiently wait... :drool:

vape4fun

My Wednesday delivery is now Thursday stupid fed ex getting my hopes up to crush them. First world problems and all but my afternoon was all set now I'll have to wait for tomorrow. Just thinking about tomorrow bet your bottom dollar that I'll be high as fill in the blank tomorrow!!!

Eyedunno

I find (after just one evening of use, mind you) that long, slow draws are the way to go, but that's also the case for the Lotus, and I kind of got this as a one-handed, more portable, use-anywhere alternative to the Lotus, and it works great as such.

Ratklaw

I find (after just one evening of use, mind you) that long, slow draws are the way to go, but that's also the case for the Lotus, and I kind of got this as a one-handed, more portable, use-anywhere alternative to the Lotus, and it works great as such.

I'm a noob but someone on Reddit said the "sipping" technique for MFLB works for FF2. Will research and try that tonight.

Ratklaw,

MinnBobber

There is a restricter plate that can be taken out of the mp to drastically improve airflow:rockon: Not too hard a draw though unless you like scooby snacks!:tup:
Can anybody post a pic of the restrictor plate, next to the mouthpiece to kind of show it's shape and orientation in the mouthpiece.

Thanks

I hate that "most controls are not on the unit" part but coming around to living with that.
Med high stock setting sounds good BUT why can't you incorporate temp control into the left or right "button"??

vape4fun

Yeah I mean I feel like most people have their cell phones pretty much always with them and that's why they didn't bother. For some it may be a pain but for most you will have FF2 in one pocket and phone in other when you're out and about with it. It's pretty easy to spend 5 seconds changing temp on the phone.

Sure there will always be a few or several people who have an old phone or aren't cell phone people but for 90% plus of people who have ponied up $330 for a vape they also have cell phones that are always close by. Just my two cents

theCerberus

@theCerberus you had a bad experience with FedEx, understandable.

Box just delivered by Canada Post. Plain white box. Non descriptive "shipping department" return address. $0 in tax bill. it says customs paid on the box. so happy right now. knew i made the right choice with USPS. seemed crazy to pay extra (fedex was free), but in the end still cheaper than paying taxes and dealing with fedex extortion crap. gonna take some unboxing pics... :D

Ratklaw

Yeah I mean I feel like most people have their cell phones pretty much always with them and that's why they didn't bother. For some it may be a pain but for most you will have FF2 in one pocket and phone in other when you're out and about with it. It's pretty easy to spend 5 seconds changing temp on the phone.

Sure there will always be a few or several people who have an old phone or aren't cell phone people but for 90% plus of people who have ponied up $330 for a vape they also have cell phones that are always close by. Just my two cents

I would be on board with this if Bluetooth worked flawlessly. I have spend time figuring out how to fix my connectivity issue. Not a dealbreaker for me but I can see how it could drive someone else crazy.

Morimoto

Box just delivered by Canada Post. Plain white box. Non descriptive "shipping department" return address. $0 in tax bill. it says customs paid on the box. so happy right now. knew i made the right choice with USPS. seemed crazy to pay extra (fedex was free), but in the end still cheaper than paying taxes and dealing with fedex extortion crap. gonna take some unboxing pics... :D

awesome, I totally would have taken USPS, I bet they got rid of that option because they had to pay customs or w/e and were like "oh shit, get rid of that asap" oh well! Glad at least 1 made it through the CBSA gauntlet with no extras lol

Last edited:

jay87

There is a restricter plate that can be taken out of the mp to drastically improve airflow:rockon: Not too hard a draw though unless you like scooby snacks!:tup:

Good to know, I've been hearing mixed things about the draw resistance.

I've heard some people saying the draw resistance was a little too tight, but I also heard some people say the draw was just fine as well.

If taking the screen off makes a noticeable difference then I don't see the draw being a problem for me at all. :clap:

theCerberus

Unboxing photo album

https://imgur.com/a/ij5c8

Initial review. The bowl end gets hot on the high setting. like the buttons get pretty warm and if i want to put it into my pocket after a session its pretty damn warm on the heater end. didnt have this issue with the original firefly, but it isnt so hot as to burn me so its manageable.

Finding the right pack is a bit difficult too. What I am trying to figure out is how to get it to vape evenly with as few mixes as possible. I packed it pretty full and found I needed to mix it quite a bit. Gonna try a bit looser and less flower and see how it goes.

Had no problems with Android 5.1.1 app, connected right away, and was able to change the temp.

jvapour

I signed up just to say that I got my Firefly 2 today and I'm loving it. It connected to Bluetooth easily, it charges properly, no plastic taste, and FedEx shipped to me in Canada without extorting me for any fees or taxes. So please don't believe everything you hear.

Happy vaping!

BabaRobDass

I've listened on this forum since I started vaping. FF2 arrived yesterday. For the most part it's all good but I did notice a smell, even when it's not in use, like some others on here have commented. It seems to be coming from the inside of the lid. Hoping it will dissipate in time.

BabaRobDass,
Reactions: KeroZen
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom