The Firefly 2 vaporizer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vapenado

..you can put your weed in it
Very recently heard from the good folks at firefly. Shipping to occur late April, early May so that all preorders are delivered by late May. I have never been this anxious to receive an online order for anything in my life!

C'mon peeps! Let's keep this thread going. It's helping with the anxiety of the wait for me. I think I've read every single printed letter discussing this highly anticipated release...

Last edited by a moderator:

darkrom

Great Scott!
If I have to wait until the end of May, it makes it that much easier to wait to grab it locally. Hopefully they comment on when retailers will be carrying them.

mrbonsai420

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Couldn't wait, got a Mighty today instead of pre-ordering this lol. Haze and Mighty will do the trick I'm sure but I will probably still grab this when it's released however! The blue looks great.

mrbonsai420,

toecutter

Very recently heard from the good folks at firefly. Shipping to occur late April, early May so that all preorders are delivered by late May. I have never been this anxious to receive an online order for anything in my life!

I'm really looking forward to getting mine too! When did you place your order?

toecutter,
Reactions: Vapenado

studmuffin

Hi darkrom,

I have been a stalwart member of Firefly Nation since March 2014. The original Firefly screen has six holes. Firefly2 screen has fifty (50 !) laser-cut holes. So, employing rudimentary mathematics, we find that Firefly version 2.0, if you will, has more airflow orifices than the original Firefly by a factor of 8.333. Do the math. Word.

:myday:

mitchgo61

I go where the thrills are
Mind comparing the draw resistance of the FF2 to the solo for me?
I don't know of ANY vape I've used with the draw resistance of the solo. IMO the firefly 1 is less resistance (when properly cleaned at least) than the solo. The firefly 2 is apparently even more free flowing.

Yeah I would describe it as restricted, but nothing like the Solo. It doesn't really seem less restricted than the FF1, but since it generates vapor more easily you end up with shorter hits. It's kind of a pleasant amount of restriction, if that makes sense.

Vapenado

I'm really looking forward to getting mine too! When did you place your order?
Placed my order very early March...maybe 2nd week...dunno, everything's been a blur since ordering.

I think we are out of stuff to say. That is, unless we want to complain about the app some more?
I hear ya! The app isn't such a terrible thing though...if your like me at all you've already dl to have a look. It's pretty basic...which begs the question...why didn't they build that functionality directly into the unit. At any rate, the reviews of ff2 completely obliterate the possibility of the app dragging it down at all.

Last edited by a moderator:
Vapenado,
Reactions: KeroZen

toecutter

Placed my order very early March...maybe 2nd week...dunno, everything's been a blur since ordering.

Right on. I ordered the evening of Feb 29. I'm hoping perhaps to see mine sometime in April, but I'm not holding my breath.

toecutter,

Vapenado

Right on. I ordered the evening of Feb 29. I'm hoping perhaps to see mine sometime in April, but I'm not holding my breath.
I don't know that they'll have separate shipments for initial preorders. I don't think we're looking at thousands of units between Feb 29 and 1st/2nd week of Mar. Although I wish you the best and hope you gets yours sometime in April but it's prolly good you don't hold your breath. If you do however, receive in April, I'd like a full review please.

Vapenado,
Reactions: toecutter

vape4fun

I will add some speculation and say I had email exchange with firefly last week and I said I'm going away weekend of April 8-10 and assume you guys aren't shipping by then.

They responded with shipping will begin in April and its first ordered first to receive. After reading the post a few up I'm a bit upset they didn't just tell me shipping will begin late April so don't plan on bringing it with you! I'm holding out hope it will be early April!!!

Lastly I'm not sure about rules regarding posting email exchanges but if allowed I'd be happy to put the exchange on here but don't want to upset either FF or FC.

vape4fun,

Majordude2626

Couldn't wait, got a Mighty today instead of pre-ordering this lol. Haze and Mighty will do the trick I'm sure but I will probably still grab this when it's released however! The blue looks great.

I got a Haze and an OG Pax. Broke down and preordered a Blue FF2 on Sat. I wanted to wait until it hit the stores and maybe get a discount, but I kept watching video reviews and had to do it. I was always intrigued by the first Firefly but issues battgery prevented me from getting one. The only other thing on my radar is a Haze Square and I just didn't see that becoming available before the FF2. I'm a big fan of Tasty Cool vapor and this seems do it in spades. Plus I can make a couple of credit card payments and by the time it shows up, should just about be paid off.

darkrom

Great Scott!
Do you guys think they will make a WPA mouthpiece and a case?

If not, someone will.

So I just got my FF1 back from warranty repair. I'm used to them sending me a new one when I need warranty work. At first I was bummed to see the same device. Then I fired it up with my same old battery. WOW what a difference. The whole bowl actually worked. It was used heavily for a long time before. Now it is a whole new beast like I remember. Very pleased to have it back as my daily driver.

Now....its going to need more/new batteries. I understand that the FF2 batteries work in the FF1. What I'd really like to do is buy those instead, because I plan on getting a FF2 when I can locally. I don't want to buy batteries that work in only 1 model, when I can get the new better batteries that work in both. I wish they would sell me just a few new batteries now. The alternative is simply waiting. I guess the car charger for the FF1 doesnt work with the FF2, so I don't want to spend money on that either, unless someone knows a cheaper aftermarket one that works by chance.

Last edited:

studmuffin

Hi Darkrom,

I got my first Firefly in March 2104. Then it died, and I got a total replacement in summer of 2015, until it died in November 2015. When it was returned, it was obviously my Firefly, but I am certain that it was retrofitted with the new technology coil. It works better than any previous Firefly I have had.

Nonetheless, I am a 29 February 2016 pre-order purgatory dude for Firefly 2. I envision using my Firefly 1 as a home rig, and my Firefly 2 as a mobile vaporizer.

Also, if you have the external charger for the original Firefly, and the original car charger, just plug 'em the fuck in ! Problem solved. SNAP.

:myday:

studmuffin,
Reactions: darkrom

colonelcumbusto

I LOVE everthing i've read so far about the FF but having witnessed vaporware (no pun intended!) for the last decade from various products, companies, kickstarters, etc, I'll just wait til its out, til I hear opinions from y'all and then I'm buying one immediately.

You never know, it could be something not even intential, but randomly that chip burns mouths in the first 10,000 batch. It happens with cars, with everything. So while I'm dying for one, I'm so excited for y'all to get one first :lmao:

colonelcumbusto,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom