The Firefly 2 vaporizer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robob

Veteran Vaporist
I still use and enjoy my original FF, other than the issues with batteries (I have a few that are wonky) I have had no problems. Most issues seem to stem from not keeping the unit clean and I for one clean at least the lid after every 4-5 uses with ISO and brush the heater out after every use.
If they have improved battery life and ease of use and the portability of the FF2 I will definitely be pre-ordering one ASAP

b0

Cloudy...
12748341_1032346730163995_1932465217_n.jpg

Shipping in April-May

https://www.instagram.com/p/BCBDkMWnIXP/

snamuh

ghost
What colors do you all like the best?

It's hard enough for me to decide to buy the thing never mind the right color, lol. I think I like red>black>white...

snamuh,

mitchgo61

I go where the thrills are
What colors do you all like the best?

It's hard enough for me to decide to buy the thing never mind the right color, lol. I think I like red>black>white...

Hey you left out the two I was gonna mention. :lol:

Initially I was excited about the gold...but when I saw the photos I think blue is the one. I really dig that blue. :nod:

Since the colors are only on the lid, perhaps at some point they'll sell all the lid colors separately, and we won't be tied to just one color.

darkrom

Great Scott!
I mean you have to be able to buy the colors, unless they say no replacement lids. Just buy a whole new vape if you need a lid? Very unlikely.

darkrom,
Reactions: Derrrpp

mitchgo61

How much will these run on preorrder
I have seen 329 mentioned a couple of times, but I'm not sure I've seen anything from FF confirming this price. (There may be something, but I can't recall...)
I mean you have to be able to buy the colors, unless they say no replacement lids. Just buy a whole new vape if you need a lid? Very unlikely.
I agree...I can't imagine not being able to buy separate lids.
Shipping in April-May
Since they are apparently in the very last stages of production I was curious as to what exactly the "review" units were that a few folks received a couple weeks ago....because the final production versions don't quite exist yet. Turns out they are late-stage prototypes, one generation after the one I've been using. This bodes well for the final product, I would think, given they are still making last-minute improvements to performance, and the near-final versions have gotten such positive reviews so far. (I'm actually shocked that a clearly not-quite-finished prototype, that I'm using every day, has held up so well for nearly two months. It's actually been more reliable than a few finished vapes I've bought over the years!)

Definitely excited about the final product! :nod:

Franmarco

I have seen 329 mentioned a couple of times, but I'm not sure I've seen anything from FF confirming this price. (There may be something, but I can't recall...)

I agree...I can't imagine not being able to buy separate lids.

Since they are apparently in the very last stages of production I was curious as to what exactly the "review" units were that a few folks received a couple weeks ago....because the final production versions don't quite exist yet. Turns out they are late-stage prototypes, one generation after the one I've been using. This bodes well for the final product, I would think, given they are still making last-minute improvements to performance, and the near-final versions have gotten such positive reviews so far. (I'm actually shocked that a clearly not-quite-finished prototype, that I'm using every day, has held up so well for nearly two months. It's actually been more reliable than a few finished vapes I've bought over the years!)

Definitely excited about the final product! :nod:

Geez 329 though geez thats pushing it

pootsforjesus

Something just occurred to me. Google has a Voice Interaction API for Android 6+. This is not just for voice to text, it can be used to perform actions within an app. If this were implemented in the FF2 app, you could just speak to your phone in your pocket and tell it to change temps. You could even ask it to tell you the battery status and it would read it out loud to you.... :D

FF crew said that the app will be updated to include more temps after the FF2 is released, so maybe they could implement voice commands too?
I'm somewhat amateurish at it, but I believe for the android app, you should be able to make your own voice prompt for actions through Tasker on a rooted phone. The only thing I'm unsure of is how Tasker could interact with their app. I once set my phone up to where I could use a custom voice prompt through Google Now/Tasker to use a Remote Desktop app to put my computer to sleep when my fiancé and I were done watching tv on the computer for the night.

Definitely worth a shot at least.

Last edited:

vape4fun

So not sure if this comment belongs here or somewhere else but I'm sure many people are grasshopper preorders who now see this device and think hmmmm do I cancel the GH eventhough the shipments of preorders have started do I wait and see how the firefly2 performs or what?

I don't have the means to justify purchase of both, but I think I'll probably wait not preorder firefly2 and if it's June and I'm still waiting for GH I'll reconsider.

I'm a Nov 2015 preorder and have no delusions where I am in GH lines and know full well GH history regarding pushing back estimated shipping times....

hippogriff

So not sure if this comment belongs here or somewhere else but I'm sure many people are grasshopper preorders who now see this device and think hmmmm do I cancel the GH eventhough the shipments of preorders have started do I wait and see how the firefly2 performs or what?

I don't have the means to justify purchase of both, but I think I'll probably wait not preorder firefly2 and if it's June and I'm still waiting for GH I'll reconsider.

I'm a Nov 2015 preorder and have no delusions where I am in GH lines and know full well GH history regarding pushing back estimated shipping times....
The hopper provides a unique set of features, it is the easiest temp-stepping convection one-hitter. The FF2 looks really promising but to replace the Grasshopper's best functionality you'll need to be able to choose your temp and hit it full speed all while walking and looking inconspicuous, while caching a bowl in 3-4 draws. Likely the FF2 is going for something else (it looks like a tech device for smoking weed, a nice one) and more reviews on flavor and speed and extraction will be helpful. Seems like FF2 could replace my Firewood 3.0 before my Grasshopper (though the Firewood is crazy efficient w/ really strong effects... man it's a good time for convection!).

darkrom

Great Scott!
The hopper provides a unique set of features, it is the easiest temp-stepping convection one-hitter. The FF2 looks really promising but to replace the Grasshopper's best functionality you'll need to be able to choose your temp and hit it full speed all while walking and looking inconspicuous, while caching a bowl in 3-4 draws. Likely the FF2 is going for something else (it looks like a tech device for smoking weed, a nice one) and more reviews on flavor and speed and extraction will be helpful. Seems like FF2 could replace my Firewood 3.0 before my Grasshopper (though the Firewood is crazy efficient w/ really strong effects... man it's a good time for convection!).

No one sucking on a pen blowing clouds is inconspicuous just because it looks like a pen.

hippogriff

No one sucking on a pen blowing clouds is inconspicuous just because it looks like a pen.
Yeah, it's not totally inconspicuous, but it's not lighting up a chromed circle of weed w/ pretty glowing orange, either. It's the relatively inconspicuous looks but more the dead-simple quickness that makes it easy to be discreet w/ the Grasshopper.

darkrom

Great Scott!
Yeah, it's not totally inconspicuous, but it's not lighting up a chromed circle of weed w/ pretty glowing orange, either. It's the relatively inconspicuous looks but more the dead-simple quickness that makes it easy to be discreet w/ the Grasshopper.

I agree. I just mean no vape is discreet IN use. The grasshopper is very discreet in your pocket if found etc.

mrbonsai420

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
OK, Waiting on this sucker for sure! I currently use a Haze daily and can't wait to get a portable convection tool! It's between this, the Apollo, The Zion (or Milaana?), Or maybe even a Firewood? I use an Underdog at home and a Haze V3.0 on the road. Can't wait to add the Cloud Evo and one of these little convection portables to my line-up. Which convection portables are you guys leaning towards in 2016, I know we are all buying one!

Just read about the Haze Square!! Add that one to the list for sure. My haze V3 blows massive clouds! That in a convection vape with 4 chambers! sign me up

Last edited:

Mr. Me2

OK, Waiting on this sucker for sure! I currently use a Haze daily and can't wait to get a portable convection tool! It's between this, the Apollo, The Zion (or Milaana?), Or maybe even a Firewood? I use an Underdog at home and a Haze V3.0 on the road. Can't wait to add the Cloud Evo and one of these little convection portables to my line-up. Which convection portables are you guys leaning towards in 2016, I know we are all buying one!
I think my top 2 are the gh and ff2. But I'm tempted by these portable wood vapes...

Mr. Me2,

darkrom

Great Scott!
U guys get that email? Pre-order in a couple days.... I was saying I want to wait and get it locally but I might just do it they have been good to me.

latest

uPftdE.gif

nacho257

I love my FF and will always use it occasionally for the FLAVOR, but I would much rather spend the dough on one of the other upcoming vapes, namely the Apollo, which looks like my absolute dream vape.

FF2 is definitely a huge improvement, but IMO most of the new bits would help it be used by less experienced users or in a group. As an on demand portable, the FF (and 2) by nature aren't suited to be used in groups anyway; if you want that, go with a session vape.

Just my main reasoning why I likely won't get the FF2. It looks stunning and I'm stoked the people at FF are doing so well, but as someone who already owns the FF1 and don't often have $350 or so laying around, I'd rather try something new (Apollo), because the FF updates don't look like they made it better at what I see its use as: my personal connoisseur vape. :2c:

jim-bob

If they've solved the battery and reliability issues, this is pretty much a done deal for me. I'm waiting to see what happens with the early adopters, but if all goes well i'm looking forward to using an FF regularly again.

jim-bob,

mitchgo61

Can we charge the new battery in old stand alone chargers?
I'm pretty sure the answer is yes

Yes, they are basically the same size, except the new batteries have a little built-in tab that makes it easier to remove from the FF2. (Might actually make it harder to remove from the external charger...I haven't tried it.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom