• Hell Yeah

Votes: 55 64.0%
  • No, thank you

Votes: 12 14.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bad Dog

Yeah I pissed on the rug...... so what
Love the taste of my Elev8r, truly a A+ flavour chaser dream and incredibly smooth. I’m still dialing mine in to my torch and have been adjusting my heating technique to be much slower than a dynavap spin focusing on the indents but I’ve yet to get a satisfying first hit, my reheats seems to be on point. More experimenting is required but due to covid 19 I’m currently on weed rationing so my Elev8r isn’t the first vape I reach for as a DD it’s become more of a weekend thing unfortunately.
http://instagr.am/p/B-adiYCJUFN/

LabPong

Bad Dog.....if your torch is strong enough.....you should be able to heat it up for a huge first hit by 45 seconds. What torch are you using?

Bad Dog

Bad Dog.....if your torch is strong enough.....you should be able to heat it up for a huge first hit by 45 seconds. What torch are you using?
I picked up a Blazer Big Shot and I’ve been using it with its smallest flame that can do without extinguishing it’s self, i feel like if I go any bigger and there’s to much wash off it and it seems a little to imprecise. I’ve been doing a 30-35 initial heating with 15 second reheat, my biggest problem is I fall into the habit of spinning it too fast not focusing enough time on the indents, or at least so I believe. I’ve also had a little trouble gauging how big of a hit I actually got till I exhale because the Elev8r is so smooth. I’ll bump up my heat up time to 40 seconds and maybe decrease my reheats slightly while I’m at it. Thanks for the helpful guidelines, good seeing you around dude and I hope you’re well

cilantro

Flavor Chaser/Slava Ukraini 🇺🇦✊
I’m probably in the minority, but I actually use pretty small amounts in my V8R bowl most of the time. I’ve found that a fine grind, longer heat up 40 seconds (pretty close to tip, gets orange pretty fast) from simple Rosle brûlée torch, slow draw can get a robust first and second hit.
This is in stark contrast to the Plenty for example IME. I simply couldn’t get satisfactory results without dumping my entire precious stash into that greedy bowl.

lazylathe

Almost there...
I’m probably in the minority, but I actually use pretty small amounts in my V8R bowl most of the time. I’ve found that a fine grind, longer heat up 40 seconds (pretty close to tip, gets orange pretty fast) from simple Rosle brûlée torch, slow draw can get a robust first and second hit.
This is in stark contrast to the Plenty for example IME. I simply couldn’t get satisfactory results without dumping my entire precious stash into that greedy bowl.

I like to use a pinch of herb in my bowls. I hate filling a bowl as it is so wasteful for my use.
Just tried torch heating my Elev8r with beads in it.
A 45 second heat up worked quite well with a 1 minute heat up turning the load black but not charred.
I will settle around a 50 second heat up while spinning the adapter around to even heat.
Using some cheap herb for testing so not too sure on flavor yet...

I agree with your remarks on the Plenty! Had one for a while and moved it along...
Just like it's big brother, The Volcano, it's a weed hog! I even bought the reducer kit but it was still not satisfactory.

someTooL

I’m currently at 45 seconds initial heat up with a torch. Reheat at ~ 25-30 seconds. I need more practice with flower for sure to dial it in. Also running a coil setup, but again still dialing in that process and being conservative these days with flower has reduced experimentation.

What I have mastered (at least in my mind) is using the flavor stone and concentrates. 1:30 initial heat up producing 3-4 nice pulls, then 1:00 reheat to finish it off.

LabPong

Guys/gals.....for torching the Elev8r.......go slow with the flame on/around the heater. Do not spin it like a vapcap....do the opposite....spin slow and allow the tip of the blue flame to kiss and make a bit of noise when it hits the glass. I devide the heater into 4 sections....the dimple sections. So I move the flame tip nice and easy up and down the glass....then rotate to the next section and do the same on all 4 sides. I only stop for a brief 1-2 seconds with flame inside the pinch indent.

When I torch like this....I basically turn the glass or move the flame around the glass 2 full turns around the heater. Remember not to shoot the flame inside the air intake hole.

If you can set a pattern of torch tip movement like this....you sort of do not have to count or look at a timer after you get it down. I never use a timer, I use the back of my hand to sense the heat amount from about 3 inches from the heater. I can just tell when it is too hot...and its easy to wait a few seconds for it to get where you need. usually 5-10 seconds. Reheats I usually just go for 1 revolution around the heater slightly faster then the first heat up. That is basically my pattern and how I heat the Elev8r with a Big Buddy Turbo....which is more than enough flame size...and like Big Dog mentions.....you only need to set the torch strength on the lowest possible setting to keep the torch going.

One other tip I can offer those who do smaller loads.....get a Grav 18/14mm adapter....they are the perfect "smaller Elev8r bowls". If you coil....you can also use a lower heat as the bowl is about 70% the size of the elev8r stock screen bowl. That is my little cheater trick to use a coil with the Elev8r....but I normally use the stock screened bowl as I am a heavy hitter I guess you would say....but for those times I just need a couple quick high powered bumps.....I use the Grav adapter bowl.

gravAdapter.JPG
It shows out of stock on Grav's site...but you can find them at many online sellers. This is the only adapter bowl I recommend to put a screen into.....as it is perfectly shaped to hold the screen very well compared to all the others out there with no bulge or too huge of a bulge.

Chandler

Greetings. I'm seeing locks on all the threads I look at, took me a moment to find everybody!

When taking a hot coil off the heater, how're yall storing the hot coil till your ready for the next session?

Chandler,

LabPong

Greetings. I'm seeing locks on all the threads I look at, took me a moment to find everybody!

When taking a hot coil off the heater, how're yall storing the hot coil till your ready for the next session?

Good question....not sure how others do it...but I use a little clip on metal piece to my desk....it has a metal loop hook I hang my coil on if it is hot or cold. I know some used tipped over coffee cups.

LabPong,
Reactions: Chandler

Terpenetime

I remove my elev8r heater and coil together and place them both in an 18mm glass stand (which I originally purchased from Bud for use with my G43).

Terpenetime,

Bad Dog

This arrived in the mail today...... Now the wait for the weekend is on!

F871AFFF-5EA7-4E6A-99FB-07F0439DC047.jpeg

Dam corona rationing! It’s really killed a lot of the spur of the moment spontaneous, opportune indulgences that was always enjoyable even if it wasn’t completely necessary lol but like I said it has to wait till the weekend and I can only have 1:bang: each day... maybe. Which strain depends on what time of day I decide to vape, and since this is a cheat day a first thing in the morning with my first coffee is a option....... Feels like forever since my last strong wake and vape But realistically it’s been closer to a little over a month:shrug: I know what way I’m leaning but I’ll leave the final decision till the day of to try and recapture some of that spontaneity I’ve been missing, looking forward to Elev8r blowing off my face, this weekend can’t come soon enough!

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
This arrived in the mail today...... Now the wait for the weekend is on!

View attachment 353

Dam corona rationing! It’s really killed a lot of the spur of the moment spontaneous, opportune indulgences that was always enjoyable even if it wasn’t completely necessary lol but like I said it has to wait till the weekend and I can only have 1:bang: each day... maybe. Which strain depends on what time of day I decide to vape, and since this is a cheat day a first thing in the morning with my first coffee is a option....... Feels like forever since my last strong wake and vape But realistically it’s been closer to a little over a month:shrug: I know what way I’m leaning but I’ll leave the final decision till the day of to try and recapture some of that spontaneity I’ve been missing, looking forward to Elev8r blowing off my face, this weekend can’t come soon enough!

I feel for you weekend warriors. I'd hate to have to wait till the weekend to try out a new toy. I jump into my vapes the day I receive them!

Bad Dog

I’ve actually already popped the cherry on the Elev8r but I’m still in the honeymoon faze. Originally when I got it I had it a month before I could buy a torch for it 😫 I was actually referring to the jars of bud that just arrived, I’m mostly torn between the melon 🍉 and the mk ultra but it all comes down to what time of day I use the Elev8r. Either one should blow me away 💨

Bad Dog,
Reactions: Ramahs

Chandler

I'm glad to say I finally had a proper day with my Elev8r. My coil is off anywhere from 65-80 degrees depending on where I set it. At 700, it'll stabilize at 620. At 650, stabilize at 580-585. Can anybody say why it does this? My 20mm coil gets to where I set it at. Is it possible the lack of a tight fit is confusing the coil? At 700(620) on the pid, gave me strong flavorful vapor. I learned quickly I don't need it that high. Stepped down to 650(580)and still got nice clouds with more comfortable tasty vapor...
G43 stand worked great to hold t Hg e heater! I used a pair of mini tongs to get the heater on n off between draws... A little tedious, but it worked.

I gotta say, I'm impressed. Basically what I expected from Elev8r. I'd say flavor and quality of vapor is very similar to g43. I'd have to pit them back to back to know which delivers 'better' vapor. I felt as if this was the experience G43 users are looking for when they say 'has anyone tried to hook G43 up to a pid'.

Chandler,
Reactions: Bad Dog

Terpenetime

My coil is off anywhere from 65-80 degrees depending on where I set it. At 700, it'll stabilize at 620. At 650, stabilize at 580-585. Can anybody say why it does this? My 20mm coil gets to where I set it at. Is it possible the lack of a tight fit is confusing the coil?

I have the same ‘issue’ with my RDK300 and 16mm coil. I purchased mine secondhand and the coil was already stretched so I’m not able to say for certain that the stretching is the source of the problem, although I strongly suspect that it is. I’ve had some correspondence back and forth with Auberins and we’ve made some progress towards getting the target and actual temperatures to align. Experiments are ongoing but with the following settings for ‘P’, ‘I’ and ‘PEG’, my coil can reach 492F against a target of 500F in around two minutes...

Code 166:
P = 30 (factory setting is 125)
I = 30 (factory setting is 60)
D = 10
OTH = 100
C-F = C

Code 177:
PEG = 20 (factory setting is Off)
IEG = 40

At 700(620) on the pid, gave me strong flavorful vapor. I learned quickly I don't need it that high. Stepped down to 650(580)and still got nice clouds with more comfortable tasty vapor...

I’m getting great results at temperatures as low as 470F. I’m not sure what that tells us other than everyone needs to find out individually what temperature works for their particular setup.

Terpenetime,

SquirrelMaster

@Lazylathe
Took me a little longer to get back to you after an accidental combustion and needed cleaning.

I'm about 35 seconds from cold and then about 20-25 seconds for subsequent re-heats. I heat until the flame of my torch comes off the glass orange.

Until I pulled it out a couple days ago I had only used my Elev8r in a colder ambient temperature which affects heat up time significantly not just because of the temperature affecting the glass but also because of how it seems to weaken my torch flame. I'm pretty amazed I was able to combust just from inhaling but I guess that's the danger if I heat initially for a minute (which was required when using in a colder environmen). I had only previously combusted when my material had touched the screen in the heater while holding the wand downward.

Also, as @LabPong pointed out, I barely rotate my device while heating. I use to rotate it more like a Dynavap constantly spinning it, but now I rotate it only 1-2 times during a heat up at max.

SquirrelMaster,
Reactions: lazylathe

Bad Dog

This thread is already paying off with some good tips and confirming my suspicions of over spinning in my approach. I expect much better results this weekend with the Elev8r. I just have to tell my hands this is not a Dynavap, stop it, stop it right now! Got to treat this thing like a cruser not a speedster

Bad Dog

I couldn't help myself and broke down like a 5 year old at the grocery store whose mommy just said no you can't have that candy bar......... so I had to try the Elev8r again with what I learned and I just couldn't wait till the weekend but but rationing is still rationing so unfortunately my premium bud had to stay in it's jars and I had to get by on a half bowl of my somewhat meagr home grown. Did a 35 second heat up with slow rotation and I finally got the first hit I've been looking for! S-U-C-C-E-S-S that's the way you spell success! 20 second reheat and I got a major hit, almost Weedeater level density. Had it not been home grown it might have been better. I already thought the Elev8r was pretty great but now that I'm much closer to dialing it in I can really see what a spectacular vape it is 😍 Now I'm really excited for the weekend when I indulge with the good stuff, my mouth is already watering in anticipation :drool: oh man I got it al over my keyboard:cuss:

Bad Dog,

SquirrelMaster

I don't recall seeing this in the old thread but I was thinking of adding glass balls to the quartz heater to help hold keep heat longer. I was originally thinking of 3mm balls but the air intake hole is just over 3mm so if they make it past the spikes they'll fall out. 4mm balls would probably be better since it would probably be tough to get a screen in there.

I have zero experience with glass terp balls so I'm not sure if non-alkaline soda-lime glass is acceptable or if I have to spring for quartz or ruby pearls. I'm guessing the balls used in the G43 are the standard non-alkaline soda-lime glass but I haven't dug that far yet.

SquirrelMaster,
Top Bottom