Votes: 19 22.1%
  • Hell Yeah

Votes: 55 64.0%
  • No, thank you

Votes: 12 14.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tweakz

Yes I asked the French store via email. This might be older stock. All I know is they said the ones they were selling did not have the quartz heater.
I’m going to start looking elsewhere...

I advise you to place an order from the original site directly from the manufacturer. everything came quickly and efficiently

Is an upgrade to the quartz heater worth the money? Really enjoying the ELEV8R and thinking about ordering the quartz heater as a backup. Getting this 7th devices in Europe is not easy, maybe pulling the trigger if it's possible should be worth it

I think it's worth it. Quartz is much more reliable. if it’s hard for you to find such devices, then in Russia we don’t have such devices at all) so I order directly from the manufacturer in most cases

Tweakz,

nonamekevin

Is an upgrade to the quartz heater worth the money? Really enjoying the ELEV8R and thinking about ordering the quartz heater as a backup. Getting this 7th devices in Europe is not easy, maybe pulling the trigger if it's possible should be worth it
Interested as well. I just pulled the trigger on the elev8r from sneaky Pete which comes with the borosilicate heater. :rockon:

I'm guessing for the Boro, I have to heat it up less than the quartz?

nonamekevin,

Choices

Interested as well. I just pulled the trigger on the elev8r from sneaky Pete which comes with the borosilicate heater. :rockon:

I'm guessing for the Boro, I have to heat it up less than the quartz?

In the Questions section on Sneaky Pete’s USA site it states that all Elev8rs now ship with the Quartz heater. Is there an option to not get the Quartz heater I’m not seeing?

Choices,

nonamekevin

In the Questions section on Sneaky Pete’s USA site it states that all Elev8rs now ship with the Quartz heater. Is there an option to not get the Quartz heater I’m not seeing?
When I asked the help chat from the sneaky Pete store yesterday, I was told borosilicate for the heater. :huh: There wasn't an option that I saw to chose one or the other.

It seems like there are mixed opinions on the thread, borosilicate vs quartz, which one people prefer. Haven't seen the boro heaters for sale by themselves, only the quartz.

nonamekevin,

LabPong

Ok all....for those that dont have much experience with the Elev8r heater differences.....

Boro Heater: Has the frosted joint (quarts does not). Has better taste but more is more fragile than the quartz.

Quartz Heater: Has no frosted joint, is much stronger than the boro one, heats up and cools off just a bit quicker....so I found it more touchy with torching to get the perfect heat and not go over too much as compared to using the boro ones.

Now...so this is the deal with the taste part of them.....many may not even be able to tell a difference. I am one that can easily though. They have a slightly different profile to the vapor taste....just like vapes with different heating elements or vapor paths. And it is not at all like one is bad or odd tasting to me...just different.

For myself, I desire the boro ones......so if you can actually get one but want a quartz...hit me up for a swap...as I have a few new and slightly used/tested.

Also keep in mind...when you see listings of the Elev8r for sale....most use default manufacture pics....which are of the boro heater with the frosted joint. But 7th floor is only producing the quartz ones now...and I think it has been this way for over a year or so.

It is awesome that others are now finding out how great this vape really is! Party on Garth! :rockon:

GoldenBud

Ok all....for those that dont have much experience with the Elev8r heater differences.....

Boro Heater: Has the frosted joint (quarts does not). Has better taste but more is more fragile than the quartz.

Quartz Heater: Has no frosted joint, is much stronger than the boro one, heats up and cools off just a bit quicker....so I found it more touchy with torching to get the perfect heat and not go over too much as compared to using the boro ones.

Now...so this is the deal with the taste part of them.....many may not even be able to tell a difference. I am one that can easily though. They have a slightly different profile to the vapor taste....just like vapes with different heating elements or vapor paths. And it is not at all like one is bad or odd tasting to me...just different.

For myself, I desire the boro ones......so if you can actually get one but want a quartz...hit me up for a swap...as I have a few new and slightly used/tested.

Also keep in mind...when you see listings of the Elev8r for sale....most use default manufacture pics....which are of the boro heater with the frosted joint. But 7th floor is only producing the quartz ones now...and I think it has been this way for over a year or so.

It is awesome that others are now finding out how great this vape really is! Party on Garth! :rockon:

Btw, did they ever release a 100% glass airpath? like instead of the upper screen to put a "glass screen"? not just the wand.
I think it'll be even more flavorful haha

GoldenBud,
Reactions: Madri-Gal

Tweakz

:rockon:

Thank you for such a detailed qualitative answer.

Moreover, I regret that I did not know about elev8r before. he is simply gorgeous.

became interested in the SSV, DBV line from 7th Floor. and a new video from Troy, where he says that this is the strongest vape after cheat actions. is it really better than Flowerpot?

GoldenBud

Thank you for such a detailed qualitative answer.

Moreover, I regret that I did not know about elev8r before. he is simply gorgeous.

became interested in the SSV, DBV line from 7th Floor. and a new video from Troy, where he says that this is the strongest vape after cheat actions. is it really better than Flowerpot?
You like to take fast draws? if so, the FlowerPot maybe not for you. As far as I understand in the FP you need to take a slower draws than other hard hitters.
The modded SSV performs so good. It is really a kickass mod.

GoldenBud,

710yota

Have you heard about the boom on Mizar 5?
You like to take fast draws? if so, the FlowerPot maybe not for you. As far as I understand in the FP you need to take a slower draws than other hard hitters.

I like to rip pretty fast on my FP with higher temps (730 or so) but I do have to slow it down a bit once I go under 650, I wouldn't say the FP needs a slow draw though, really depends on the user and settings. That being said Troy's modded SSV looks like it kicks like a drunk mule and I am definitely going to try his mod on my SSV. 7th floor/elv8 make some damn nice vapes! I love my surfer and would be very into the ELEV8R if there was a easy coil option, I'm still telling myself I wouldn't like dealing with torches

nonamekevin

In searching for the next vape, I spent a lot of time on 7th floors website. Looked at all the videos, all the different desktop vapes, and searched all the unique glass pieces. Really looking forward to getting the elev8r on Sunday!

Between the silver or the super. Ive never used bags before, or whips for that matter, but if I'm not interested in bags, is the fan assist worth it still, or is the silver surfer the better choice?:rockon:

nonamekevin,

LabPong

Better = what is better only to/for you....and what you like and can handle for vapor quality and strength. Everyone's experience is/can be much different. But generally you can tell what vapes might be like if you research others opinions and figure out where they are coming from....like what the like and have used.

No....slower draw was mainly from the weedeater variant of the FP's. I have a couple showerhead FP's that do not need long slow draws......but it also depends on your rig setup as well.

I love my surfer and would be very into the ELEV8R if there was a easy coil option, I'm still telling myself I wouldn't like dealing with torches

It is not hard at all to get a 15.8mm or 16mm coil to fit and then use on the Elev8r heater. I use both torch and coil....they both have benefits.

Btw, did they ever release a 100% glass airpath? like instead of the upper screen to put a "glass screen"? not just the wand.
I think it'll be even more flavorful haha

The upper screen that is in the bottom of the heater....is not at all necessary. I do not use them at all. You can get one of the all glass bowls from NewVape or 7th Floor. But it is not the best design for its purpose. You need to use whole buds or large chunks. If you grind...it will start falling through when you start vaping on it and things get un-sticky in the load. Plus those glass pedal screens get gunked up quick and you need to clean them often.

I am a total taste snob....and I do not have an issue with the SS screen in the bowl. That is the only non glass part in the air path with the Elev8r for me and I have no desire to take it out.

Last edited:

Alex3oe

Accessory Maker
You can get one of the all glass bowls from NewVape or 7th Floor. But it is not the best design for its purpose. You need to use whole buds or large chunks. If you grind...it will start falling through when you start vaping on it and things get un-sticky in the load. Plus those glass pedal screens get gunked up quick and you need to clean them often.

Have some glass screens for my FlowerPot but find em to be unusable for the above reasons.

nonamekevin

@LabPong could you give us a rundown of your torch technique? You seem to be the most frequent contributor to this thread lately and I'd appreciate getting your tips and tricks.

From the videos I've seen, techniques range from slow heat up of the indents only, to heating and twirling the heater more like a dynavap. :rockon:

nonamekevin,

Tweakz

I love the combination of strength and taste. I liked elev8r because the first heating allows you to feel the taste of your flowers, and those connecting it allow you to feel all the strength and power during heat-up (I think that it can be heated incorrectly) I use a nozzle-burner for a gas cylinder and therefore the heating technique has changed due to a wide torch. therefore, I warm only in the center of the heater, spinning slowly, straining the torch into the recesses. except the lowest and the air inlet. thus the steam is thick and not hot. when I improperly heat or overheat it becomes too hot and hard to reach a hit. when everything is right it is wonderful

VegNVape

Increase the Peace
Company Rep
this is the only vape on which it is very difficult and almost impossible to combust

I absolutely love my Elev8r but your statement does not match the experience I have had with the boro heater I picked up in April '18 - personally I think it is easily possible to combust with it (as I generally feel is true with most torch powered vapes but is not the case for most electric devices that I have used).

Imo, due to the potential power of the flame, analogue vaping can often provide the widest range of hits available from any vape and to which only some top-tier electric vapes can compare - which means everything is down to the musician and the way they play. No 'set it & forget it' where a flame is involved.

Now, my requirements mean I often load the Elev8r bowl with the maximum achievable amount of material & I'm pretty much always going in for a one-hit heavy extraction through water, so I am pushing things hard quite regularly.

I find changes in the material I'm using, paired with the amount of gas left in the torch, plus my environment at the time (and occasionally my attention :freak:) seem to matter much more when vaping in these upper limits - so getting things just right can be a little tricky sometimes.

But that's just me and I'm not saying I'm by any means 'normal' - just adding an alternative perspective :2c: . . . what is it people like to say around here? . . . Oh yeah - ymmv! :science:

Unfortunately my boro heater has now gone bye-bye (d'oh butter fingers! :doh:) so I'm currently waiting on delivery of a new quartz heater direct from Elev8 and I'm definitely interested to see how it performs.

Stay lifted
:peace:

Last edited:

BestBuds

The Dude
I agree there is a learning curve and it can be easy to combust if you don't have a rythem down.
Tip: use the extract stone on top of your bud as a sort of training wheel. It makes it much harder to combust until you get the hang of it.

GoldenBud

I agree there is a learning curve and it can be easy to combust if you don't have a rythem down.
Tip: use the extract stone on top of your bud as a sort of training wheel. It makes it much harder to combust until you get the hang of it.
If you, like, never heat more than 40s, and heat mostly in the middle of the heater without the biggest flame, abit away, u can probably say you'll never combust?

GoldenBud,

BestBuds

The Dude
If you, like, never heat more than 40s, and heat mostly in the middle of the heater without the biggest flame, abit away, u can probably say you'll never combust?
Nah. It depends on the bud. Even with bovida packs I find a difference. But yeah that is a good place to use as a mid point. Adjust as needed.

BestBuds,
Reactions: GoldenBud

LabPong

@LabPong could you give us a rundown of your torch technique? You seem to be the most frequent contributor to this thread lately and I'd appreciate getting your tips and tricks.

From the videos I've seen, techniques range from slow heat up of the indents only, to heating and twirling the heater more like a dynavap. :rockon:

Heating with a torch will be slightly different from the boro heater to the quartz one.

Biggest diff is the quartz will heat faster and cool faster. So getting the exact temp range for your liking can be hard to master at first. You can combust with either heater, but the quartz heater I find easier to combust with over the boro ones. But the second and following heat ups are where you need to be careful.

Your torch will also have a large bearing on how long you heat for. I use the Blazer big buddy turbo which is slightly less flame power than it's big brother the Blazer big shot. I use the big buddy on the lowest possible setting. I let the tip of the blue flame kiss the glass as I heat.

I mainly use the boro heaters.....for torching times....about 40-45 seconds on the first heat up and maybe a 5 second pause before hitting it.

I always heat around the full heater top to bottom but not in the hole.....I spin my rig slowly as I move the torch up and down. Also hit the indents for a split second when you get to them. I usually spin the rig around 3 times in the 40 second range.

Then for 2nd and following draws as the heater is still pretty hot....I go 20-30 seconds heat time with same heating pattern around the heater.

Hope that helps some.....

nonamekevin

Thanks @LabPong, looking forward to trying your technique out. I wound up receiving the elev8r from SP, and it came with the Quartz heater, despite being told from online chat that it was the Boro heater.

I was eager to try it out last night so I ordered a torch from Amazon to be delivered as I was getting back from vacation. I should have listened to those in this thread and picked up the plumbers torch from the hardware store, because this Amazon torch isn't cutting it. I started out heating for 40sec for the first go, got a tiny bit of flavor, but then subsequent reheating didn't vape the bud much at all. I heated once for like 75sec and got nothing but some warm air for my efforts. I filled the wand until herb was level with the bottom of the ground female joint. Out of all the heat ups, I got one hit that was okay at best as far as vapor production.

It was late, and I didn't want to fuck with it too much more, so I dumped the herb from the wand into my Runt for two big hits to end the night. I'm about to go get a bigger torch for more experiments later today, because the one okay hit I did have was a clean flavor for sure. I've been using the runt for a while as the daily, it was interesting to not get a bit of wood flavoring or built up "seasoning" with the heat. Really want to dial this in and am looking forward to finding what works best for me. :rockon:

nonamekevin,
Top Bottom