Votes: 19 22.1%
  • Hell Yeah

Votes: 55 64.0%
  • No, thank you

Votes: 12 14.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Justpassedu

This all depends on a few factors...but if you are using the stock bowl configuration....I set my temp to 668F and usually leave the coil on the heater for 40-60 seconds...then draw. Once the glass heater is warmed up some....I only need to put it on about 20-30 seconds and then draw a big huge one.....and a 2nd milder one within 30 seconds if I can.

I have not tried going over 700....but I bet if you set it to like 770F...you can get quick results pending on strain type and dryness amount.
Can you not just leave the coil on the glass heater rather than taking the coil off between hits ?

LabPong

Can you not just leave the coil on the glass heater rather than taking the coil off between hits ?

You can...but you will start adding conduction to the mix.

Nubs on the heater will help some to keep the coil off the clip, but you will start making the bowl hot when you do this. I have not experimented on a good heat to do that with...but it also depends on how many draws your taking and now close to each other they are. I tend to take 2-3 draws and then not again for maybe 10-30 mins later if more.

I also like to stir the load often, this is the other bigger factor. It is also why I stopped using the tongs and just use a simple piece of suede fabric now. That is easier to get the hot ass clip off and heater super fast and efficiently...then back on.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
I guess I was thinking with a coil as a heat source you wouldn't need the clip to hold the heater to the bowl, and then you could have instant access to the bowl, no?

Maybe instead of cutting short the ground glass joint on the heater, they could just leave it normal so it easily seats in and out of the bowl?

LabPong

I guess I was thinking with a coil as a heat source you wouldn't need the clip to hold the heater to the bowl, and then you could have instant access to the bowl, no?

Maybe instead of cutting short the ground glass joint on the heater, they could just leave it normal so it easily seats in and out of the bowl?

Yea....you want some thing more than just clipless. I tried it without clip when the coil was tight enough to hold it without falling off...but too much hassle setting it down on something. Then after I opened up the coil enough to almost slip right over.....I knocked it off the bowl once and that was the end of not using a clip.

But possibly a deeper joint off the heater would be workable, but I would error on the side of safety here and just keep the clip and heater mount as is.

I left it on the whole time , the picture in my last post is what the flower looked liked after I dumped out the bowl about 2 hours.

wow...that abv looks half done. How long was the session?, sativa? at what temp?, and how many draws?

Wasn't your bowl hot as hell?

LabPong,

disGRUNTled

Yea....you want some thing more than just clipless. I tried it without clip when the coil was tight enough to hold it without falling off...but too much hassle setting it down on something. Then after I opened up the coil enough to almost slip right over.....I knocked it off the bowl once and that was the end of not using a clip.

But possibly a deeper joint off the heater would be workable, but I would error on the side of safety here and just keep the clip and heater mount as is.

wow...that abv looks half done. How long was the session?, sativa? at what temp?, and how many draws?

Wasn't your bowl hot as hell?
2 hours , it was Cherry Cookies so a hybrid.I started at 685 worked up to 700 .Can't remember how many draws but it was quite a few .The bowl was hot when I was done but removed it with a folded bounty no problem.

LabPong

Bad News for me, I Don’t know if I receive a defective Elev8r, but after only a week or so of using it, I notice a big crack on my heater this morning... I never overheated it.... my small Dremel butane torch is almost too weak to heat it properly anyway, so I really don’t know what I’ve done wrong...
I contact Pete at Vapenorth.ca...
I hope this will be covered...
1522607547-d8735305-8ae1-472f-9d33-12c89df41bbb.jpeg

1522607803-b1b6af97-cc63-4200-945d-83258ce4549d.jpeg

Contact 7th Floor...they will replace it I am sure.

LabPong,
Reactions: ElPic

ElPic

Take my money
Contact 7th Floor...they will replace it I am sure.
Thanks for the support LabPong, that will be my next step for sure.... I'll wait another day for an answer from Sneaky Pete, it's the big Easter break so I do not expect an answer today...
but if I do not have an answer by Wednesday, I will follow your advice and contact directly 7thFloor ...

ElPic,

MileHighHuman

Has anyone had the ELEV8R heater fall out of the 16mm coil or do they fit together perfectly snug?

Is spreading the coil meant for heat distribution or does it just help hold the heater?

MileHighHuman,

Justpassedu

Has anyone had the ELEV8R heater fall out of the 16mm coil or do they fit together perfectly snug?

Is spreading the coil meant for heat distribution or does it just help hold the heater?
I am pretty sure spreading the coil is for heat distribution and while i have not used mine yet but will be trying tonight i did make it so the coil is pretty snug on the heater and will not really fall off but you can make it loose or snug depending on how much you decide to spread the coil apart.

Justpassedu,
Reactions: Alexis

MileHighHuman

I am pretty sure spreading the coil is for heat distribution and while i have not used mine yet but will be trying tonight i did make it so the coil is pretty snug on the heater and will not really fall off but you can make it loose or snug depending on how much you decide to spread the coil apart.

Awesome info thanks. The last thing I need is for some hot ass piece of glass to drop onto my leg. Lol

If you have any updates on your experience after using it tonight please make sure and let us know :rockon:

MileHighHuman,
Reactions: Zow237

brucee10

Awesome info thanks. The last thing I need is for some hot ass piece of glass to drop onto my leg. Lol

If you have any updates on your experience after using it tonight please make sure and let us know :rockon:
I branded my chest last week. It's not pleasant.

brucee10,
Reactions: Zow237

Alexis

You should probably be using the sick clip at all times during usage. So there shoukd be no risk of the heater coming loose as coil is removed. I just wouldnt advise anyone to use the Elev8r without it. Sooner or later you are bound for breakage/accdient.

I want my coil to be loose enougn to be very easily removable. I dont want it getting snagged at certain angles. And yes the initial idea to stretch the coils came from Vapecritic and was both for fitting it (was too tight at first) and for even heat distribution. It may not make a great differencd though for all we know to spread the coils for better heating, though it makes obvious sense.

I noticed from @disGRUNTled '# awsome photos- his coil is mucg tighter than mine was. Im sure I overstretched it. But disgruntled's heater has no nub for the coil to rest on like mine does, so his is tight enough to hold onto the heater.

Last edited:

LabPong

I had to spread the coil open just to fit on the glass heater. But I have a Auber coil I got with the RDK300....and their coils are/were 15.8mm, not 16mm. So it was as Alexis said both for fitting on the glass heater and also to spread the heat load as much as possible.

I would say....if you got nubs or a way to hold the coil not on the metal clip if you have one...you may be fine with leaving the coil 'unspread' if it fits good.

I would not rely on making the coil fit just enough to get on and then hold it while you take it off with coil on it still. You have to allow for expansion of the coil as it heats and cools.

Justpassedu

Yw, I'm gonna give it a go after work today. Already have my coil spaced nicely around the heater with a somewhat snug fit bc what i plan to do is not use the clip to hold the heater to the bowl but rather i want to be able to lift the heater off the bowl in between hits. I will be using this over a desk so if it does fall, it's only falling on the desk or else I'd go with @Alexis advice. Prob use my Flowerpot base to hold the hot heater in-between hits as well. I'll report back with some results for you.

Alexis

I would not rely on making the coil fit just enough to get on and then hold it while you take it off with coil on it still. You have to allow for expansion of the coil as it heats and cools.
Not just that, I personally would be concerned about the longevity of the heater if it is always laying around somwehere out of bowl between hits, with coil still attached. You would want to always be very mindful of how you place it down etc.

Last edited:
Alexis,

LabPong

Not just that, I personally would be concerned about the longevity of the heater if it is always layong around somwehere out of bowl with coil still attached. You would want to always be very mindful of how you place it down etc.

Yea.....sometimes I also let it rest off the top of the glass heater for half the heat up. Then let it slide down to the clip for the rest of the heat up.

LabPong,

brucee10

Not just that, I personally would be concerned about the longevity of the heater if it is always laying around somwehere out of bowl between hits, with coil still attached. You would want to always be very mindful of how you place it down etc.
I am afraid that removing my coil would shatter the heater. It's on there very tight.

brucee10,

Alexis

I am afraid that removing my coil would shatter the heater. It's on there very tight.
Yeah exactly that is why I loosened mine enough to be very easy to slip on and off, except I went a bit too far.
I want to have full bowl accesibility at all times and would not personally want to use it without the sick clip, and I hate being deterred at times by a tricky bowl setup (i.e. trying to remove tight coil).

But I can see why people will like to vape "Sickless"! Is that an official word yet?
It could be the new street "Sick" one day soon!:rofl:

Just be careful with it I say. I have no doubt that my sick clip has played a key role in keeping my OG heater safe so far.:myday:

Alexis,

Justpassedu

Gave it a go last night, got some pretty big temp drops between hits around 50 degrees which causes the coil to a go a bit red getting back up to temp but it does work pretty well. I kept the coil tight enough where I could just remove the entire heater and coil at the same time in between hits but not to tight as when it gets up to temp with a bit of wiggling i could get the coil off the heater. I kept it on a stand in-between rips rather than on top of the bowl. 675F and a 5 minute preheat i was getting really nice clouds after my 1st hit, also felt like the bowl could go for awhile with out being finished. I still like my Fp better and feel the hits are a bit smoother for me. Still need some more testing. Probably wont keep this setup for the long run but is definitely a nice option for people that don't want to break out a torch now.
FAaxpd8.jpg
d85CgGv.jpg

MileHighHuman

Gave it a go last night, got some pretty big temp drops between hits around 50 degrees which causes the coil to a go a bit red getting back up to temp but it does work pretty well. I kept the coil tight enough where I could just remove the entire heater and coil at the same time in between hits but not to tight as when it gets up to temp with a bit of wiggling i could get the coil off the heater. I kept it on a stand in-between rips rather than on top of the bowl. 675F and a 5 minute preheat i was getting really nice clouds after my 1st hit, also felt like the bowl could go for awhile with out being finished. I still like my Fp better and feel the hits are a bit smoother for me. Still need some more testing. Probably wont keep this setup for the long run but is definitely a nice option for people that don't want to break out a torch now.
FAaxpd8.jpg
d85CgGv.jpg

Thanks for the update. 50F drop is not good news, but yeah looks like it'd be a good extra rotation vape.

Did you happen to notice any difference in the flavor or effects between using it with the torch vs coil?

Alexis

FAaxpd8.jpg
d85CgGv.jpg
Thanks for sharing with us. I really appreciate all of your posts here which are always extremely useful, relevant, on point and very easy to understand exactly what you are describing every time, and always in such a friendly, tolerant and non-judgemental manner too. Big respect dude! :tup:

It seems your temp drops more than some others have reported.

And I also see how you have stretched your coil a fair bit. I have another one coming from China after my first one didn't work. It may gave been bad already, or the wrong pin layout for all I know, but I could have damaged it myself by being too aggressive stretching it.

I did yank it and twist it a bit, also scratched the end using the wrong rag to grip with pliers.
I am very "green" when it comes to coils, I thought it was pretty unbreakable.

So I guess Im just wanting to make sure I dont mess another coil up, so any tips you can think of that could improve my chances will be very welcome. No hurry, at least a week plus for tge coil yet.

Justpassedu

Thanks for the update. 50F drop is not good news, but yeah looks like it'd be a good extra rotation vape.

Did you happen to notice any difference in the flavor or effects between using it with the torch vs coil?
Yw, Hmm I really have not used both enough to distinguish a flavor difference or dialed either setup in for myself only for the fact that i am no fan of having to use a torch so I only had 1-2 sessions using the torch and put it away in favor of my other vapes. I'll try and go back and test both for you though. Flavor was really nice though using both from what i have tried, I can say that. I just feel using my Flowerpot I can get a better temp dialed in over using this which has a big flavor effect for me. This is definitely harder to dial in.

@Alexis ty for the kind words and likewise. That's a shitty coil situation, I can tell you what i have done and it took me about 5 minutes, but i can also tell you from experience coils do not like to be stretched. I have done this on a liger setup in the past with a 20mm coil and had similar temp fluctuations. I literally used all my strength to quickly spread the coils a tiny a bit by hand, just a mm. It was hard and barely made a big spread at all. Than I had taken a flat head screw driver no cloth and just gently spread them apart using the screw driver and my hand. No crazy force just a small bit at a time. I hope this somewhat helps. I stretched them just enough to cover all the holes so I get a even heat distribution.

Lazy Lighting

Finally got to use mine. Wow...I'm in love. The flavor and effect is next level. The first draw filled me with a terpy goodness that I tasted long after I put then piece down. I have a high tolerance and that first hit made me have to sit down.

Top Bottom