• Hell Yeah

Votes: 55 64.0%
  • No, thank you

Votes: 12 14.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

duff

Well worn
I always feel tremendous guilt posting identical content on multiple outlets....aw fuck it.

Taste was killer and got one and a half large hits from this.
71gp0jI.jpg

Powerful vape.

Last edited:

Alexis

I always feel tremendous guilt posting identical content on multiple outlets....aw fuck it.
Haha- finally, at last "I don't need that torch anymore!":lol:
So you have jumped on board now Duff, welcome. I shall be VERY interested in your impressions of the taste and vapor quality/smoothness- in relation to your recent Vriptech usage (one I have always dreamed to try).

I have been suggesting that the Elev8r can offer a similarly pure and potent vapor as the VHW.
At the least, it has satisfied my yearning for a (nearly) all glass airpath.

Enjoy your testing bro, look forward to your thoughts.
Pretty high amigos from Think Different (Sativa dom) Elev8r, and Colorado Cookies (indica dom) sugar leaf tea. Nice!:)

Alexis,

JCharles

FC 06/06/2017 | ACMPR 26/07/2017
@LabPong I take the entire wpa of my waterpipe when I'm removing the heater (to stir the bowl or otherwise). Perhaps that will prevent any issues.

Also the sick clip is hot when in use, So I just hold the wpa into your over my silicone dab mat and let the sick clip fall onto it.

I can generally do this maneuver with my lab tongs on the heater and just flick the clip with a pinky or thumb.

Remove the heater and give it a quick stir. By the time I'm putting the heater back on the clip is cool to the touch.

Quick, efficient and very little risk of losing a clip or dropping a heater.

Alexis

I am curious why would you ever remove the heater to stir the herb? Just give the ELEV8R a good shake after each draw which is much easier and more effective. There is zero reason to remove a hot heater unless the load is spent and you are emptying it.

:2c:
I do a mixture of both myself. I shake for a few hits, but as @LabPong was saying above I also find that a stir is necessary to get the material properly rotated for fuller extraction. Im sure it depends a lot on your bud, and grind. But I find that herb gets tucked into the edges and also the loads usually stick/clump together with heat.

It is also nice to inspect the load from atop between hits at times to see how I heated, top browned etc, to learn and gauge technique. But this is just me and we all have our own approach to everything.

Last night of using this double brulee, which I am increasingly disliking. I also struggle much more with this torch to draw the right line for my hits- browning the top with harsher lungbhsters off-guard.

Surprisingly my chest is handlling it each time though. Big Shot here tomorrow!:rockon: Good old @VapeFiend.com for sorting the exchange in a flash and sending so quick.

Last edited:

almost there

Ordered yesterday and did a :doh: when I got their president's day sale email this morning, luckily the deal was active yesterday too. Really looking forward to trying it, I'm cautiously hoping it's a portable glass symphony.
what's the deal?

can anyone tell me if f I want to buy an extra clip for the heater do I get the 18mm?

almost there,

Diggy Smalls

Notorious
what's the deal?

can anyone tell me if f I want to buy an extra clip for the heater do I get the 18mm?
Yes you would want the 18mm
Sometimes herb does stick in the bowl and a vigorous shake isn't enough. In those instances I give it a tap with my finger and then shake. Tap then shake. It's free even the most stubborn weed.
Oh, I bowed my screen upwards and it sticks a lot less than when it is curved down. Make sense? Concave. Convex. You choose which is which, I can't remember. Are you confused now?

Last edited:

Alexis

NO NEED TO STIR ... sorry, but this is one of the best features of the ELEV8R. Even with sticky herb a shake between bowls is all you need. Just shake the ELEV8R vigorously and it will expose all the good stuff much better than stirring ever could. If there are a few pieces of herb left in the corners it is my offering to the ganga gods.

There is a simple technique to make 'shaking' work very well to stir the herb.
When I first started using the ELEV8R I noticed that sometimes a shake would not dislodge the herbs in order to mix them up and expose the surface to heat. Since I did not want to incorporate removing a hot heater to stir I found a way to make shaking the ELEV8R work everytime.

The key is to keep things loose and moving from the very beginning. I incorporate shaking the ELEV8R through my entire routine to keep the herb loose in the bowl. I give the ELEV8R a firm shake before I heat it, after I heat it, before my first draw, after my draw, before my next draw, basically every pause with the ELEV8R the thing gets a strong shake until the herb dances for me.

Thanks Steama for the usage tips, I really appreciate you sharing your wisdom and experience on all things vape and cannabis related here on the forum.:tup:
I can't help think though that it is largely related to my herb. We are all using different meds here on FC which plays so heavily into our different experiences and rituals.

I assume most of you in the US are using high grade (and mostly indoor).
My weed is very good, but being UK outdoor with limited light and sun, it is far more irregular, leafy, stalky. Still covered in trichomes, producing tons of vapor- but even in the NVFG the grind is still a bit irregular/coarse, due to the leafyness, and I suspect this is what makes it lock together in the bowl. It doesn't grind uniformly fine either.

Once it has had a stir, it stays looser and a shake is sufficient. I definitely notce that the more uniformly fine it is, the easier it is to shake about. The coarser, leafier material has so many longer, larger odd bits and bobs that get interwoven at first.

Blazer Big Shot arrived this morning:clap:. Postman got me up, which is cool 'cos it meant that I didn't have to even think about using the ghastly double brulee. I feel sorry for anyone who only has that torch for the Elev8r. For me it made for a very unenjoyable experience.

Just about to test the Big Shot out. So far I love it. A dream to operate. Couldnt be any easier foe my hands, defintely the right torch for me.:nod:

Off we go!:)

Edit- first impressions of Bigshot are very good. My first hit I was surpirsed by the instant whitewall from the heating time. I thought it might take a bit longer than the double brulee, which is notably faster to harsher vapor than the Big Buddy.

But I darkened the load on top and filled the tube and my lungs with a pretty short and easy draw.
I stirred it :lol: Lol! Mainly because I wanted to see how hot I had gone. I like this visual feedback of my loads at times. Very dark brown on top.
BUT- the hit was still very smooth. I did it again with a little too much heat for hit 2. But again smooth, and tasty. Hit 3 I dialled it in more. Very nice. Big, smooth etc..

So much better than any of the hits from the double brulee. It seems to be working like a much better vaporizer instantly in all departments.
Moral-don't cheap out on torches guys. Last hit now, feeling it too!

Last edited:

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
@duff Nice vid ! Does it bother you or anyone else that vapor is coming out of the air intake as you reinsert the bowl ? I notice some people ,dont even care for their WP blowback . After vapor comes with contact with the heater,for sure there is some combustion happening or overboiling of the vapor which comes in contact with the heater. I get it that torching it red hod removes most of the smell but doesnt it build up over time ,do you clean your heaters ? Maybe it is just me ,but i really hate when this happens and also hate the smell of overboiled/burned condensate ,it was one of the main reasons i gave up on the SV-2 ,there was just noway to avoid vapor going out trough the heater,which in time resulted in quite a lot buildup on it ,but in never got torched redhot as the Elev8tor heater + there were areas which were unreachable for cleaning.

Abysmal Vapor,
Reactions: duff

Alexis

@duff Nice vid ! Does it bother you that vapor is coming out of the air intake as you reinsert the bowl ? I notice some people ,dont even care for their WP blowback . After vapor comes with contact with the heater,for sure there is some combustion happening or overboiling of the vapor which comes in contact with the heater. I get it that torching it red hod removes most of the smell but doesnt it build up over time ,do you clean your heaters ? Maybe it is just me ,but i really hate when this happens,it was one of the main reasons i gave up on the SV-2 ,there was just noway to avoid vapor going out trough the heater,which in time resulted in quite a lot buildup on it ,but in never got torched redhot as the Elev8tor heater + there were areas which were unreachable for cleaning.
Edited : Damn i should have hit refresh ,quite a lot of posts appeared after that :D..
I hear you and I am conscious of this. I try to avoid blowback vapor into vapes but don't obsess about it. Less with the Elev8r anyway. I do notice when it gets very hot, there is a strange "sweet" smell. Very pleasant though and mild.

In terms of noticing anything that spoils or deters me from the Elev8r experience- I really can't see that happening ever.

I have only washed up heater in hot soapy water, every 3 or 4 days. Im not sure when it will become important to me to do an iso soak. Same for the bowl- soapy water-spotless after 6 weeks.

So while I get what you are saying, I dont think this is really going to be an isdue with the Elev8r. And besides, it is very easy to just lift the bowl out as you inhale to keep blowback out the heater.

Danksta

I hear you and I am conscious of this. I try to avoid blowback vapor into vapes but don't obsess about it. Less with the Elev8r anyway. I do notice when it gets very hot, there is a strange "sweet" smell. Very pleasant though and mild.

In terms of noticing anything that spoils or deters me from the Elev8r experience- I really can't see that happening ever.

I have only washed up heater in hot soapy water, every 3 or 4 days. Im not sure when it will become important to me to do an iso soak. Same for the bowl- soapy water-spotless after 6 weeks.

So while I get what you are saying, I dont think this is really going to be an isdue with the Elev8r. And besides, it is very easy to just lift the bowl out as you inhale to keep blowback out the heater.

ISO soak that bowl ASAP. You will thank me. :D

I finally cleaned mine the other week and it made a BIG difference. That nasty reclaim smell and taste is just too much for me.

I also took a qtip to heater and cleaned it up.

I plan to clean the bowl weekly, maybe a couple times a week. That reclaim taste...:puke:

duff

Well worn
Interesting about the blowback and reclaim. I didn't see the blowback in the first video but here it's very visible.
This is my first attempt with concentrates.
I couldn't milk the base nearly as easily as with the tube on top but was still getting big delicious hits.
Thumbs way up for taste and smoothness on this thing.
A better torch might be necessary for concentrates as the bowl was getting a little hot.

The whole package could really use a padded roll up pack with pouches like a knife carrier.
Also when I looked at the pad that I used I could see traces of the concentrate on the top and bottom so some will get lost into your piece if you overload.

Last edited:

LabPong

2nd day (third session) with this one now and I have just pulled the largest vapour cloud I've ever had. In my life. It could have been from YouTube, I'm still shaking my head in disbelief. Dry through a d020, no cough. I can't believe how much there was.

Great to hear just what I experienced first using it as well. Funny how much vapor you get and cant even tell most of the time....unless you can see decently through your glass unit.

Mushroomturtle.....If you have access to one....try a much larger glass unit. I do not use my D020 with the Elev8R because I feel is it too small water volume wise...and chamber size. If you can, find one with double to tipple the water volume with at least double the inner chamber volume. Even one of the side car versions that are tons wider would be great. Big diff on taste ....much smoother.

Interesting about the blowback and reclaim. I didn't see the blowback in the first video but here it's very visible.
This is my first attempt with concentrates.
I couldn't milk the base nearly as easily as with the tube on top but was still getting big delicious hits.
Thumbs way up for taste and smoothness on this thing.
A better torch might be necessary for concentrates as the bowl was getting a little hot.

The whole package could really use a padded roll up pack with pouches like a knife carrier.
Also when I looked at the pad that I used I could see traces of the concentrate on the top and bottom so some will get lost into your piece if you overload.

Yes, good to keep both the bowl and heater clean as much as possible.

Duff, yea you need a proper torch I would think for concentrates. Just with flower I feel the Blazer Big Buddy turbo is minimum for use. I use mine at the lowest possible setting while on continuous set. Usually all I need is a 30-40 second heat up the first time .....get a good slow draw on it to prep the extraction process and taste the terps. Then usually if my pause period between draws is consistent I can get 2 draws off each heat cycle, I only have to reheat like 20-30 seconds for full extraction temps.

This thing is way too good not to be my DD...... I do tire though of the torching....the sound...the wait.....the refilling....the COST eventually after several months....lol But....it's all worth it at this point right!

Last edited:

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
That with one other addition to this vape would send it off the charts would be a larger @Pipes IH heater! Yea...freaking mind blown on that thought huh!!!

How would you get the glass or quartz to heat in an electromagnetic induction scenario?

BTW if extract can drip right through the ceramic pad that suggests it is too porous. I always thought my S&B mesh pads were too porous too. This threads getting me pretty :love:

7thFloorVapes

Company Rep
Hey Guys, It's Alex! We are hearing you need an AWESOME carrying case for this vaporizer. Well, we did it! You can fit more than just your ELEV8R in there! These pockets are deep and too many to talk about! Check it out! It is available now for a reduced price when buying the ELEV8R ($24.50 USD). We are always innovating the way we think, so if you have anything you would like to see customized for the ELEV8R, let us know! :rockon:

We love all of your photos and videos! We love seeing these things producing fat, tasty clouds of deliciousness. We love it when you share them! :worms:

Quick update with quartz, coming soon! And I promise we will take care of our most LOYAL family members who want that upgrade. Thanks for always supporting us and we LOVE all of you! Show Love, Spread Love! :love:
qeeXryD.jpg
GtKT7Kp.jpg
M19I4qj.jpg
bf2Yrxe.jpg

Last edited:

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Hey Guys, It's Alex! We are hearing you need an AWESOME carrying case for this vaporizer. Well, we did it! You can fit more than just your ELEV8R in there! These pockets are deep and too many to talk about! Check it out! It is available now for a reduced price when buying the ELEV8R ($24.50 USD). We are always innovating the way we think, so if you have anything you would like to see customized for the ELEV8R, let us know! :rockon:

We love all of your photos and videos! We love seeing these things producing fat, tasty clouds of deliciousness. We love it when you share them! :worms:

Quick update with quartz, coming soon! And I promise we will take care of our most LOYAL family members who want that upgrade. Thanks for always supporting us and we LOVE all of you! Show Love, Spread Love! :love:
qeeXryD.jpg
GtKT7Kp.jpg
M19I4qj.jpg
bf2Yrxe.jpg

pxl_jockey

Just a dude
Had a super nice chat with Alex @7thFloorVapes today about their new Sherlock he posted here not long ago. Dude was so nice and easy, it absolutely made me want an ELEV8R in my future EVEN more! :D
It's wonderful there are so many genuinely kind manufacturers and companies, who are also vaporization enthusiasts, in our community! It makes it a pleasure to do business and you know that they're rigorously testing their products daily. :haw: It just makes me feel all warm and fuzzy... maybe that's the herb...

hoyo77

Had a super nice chat with Alex @7thFloorVapes today about their new Sherlock he posted here not long ago. Dude was so nice and easy, it absolutely made me want an ELEV8R in my future EVEN more! :D
It's wonderful there are so many genuinely kind manufacturers and companies, who are also vaporization enthusiasts, in our community! It makes it a pleasure to do business and you know that they're rigorously testing their products daily. :haw: It just makes me feel all warm and fuzzy... maybe that's the herb...
nah bro the whole @7thFloorVapes crew is like that...i have been to their shop twice and met the whole crew...i would like to think with as much grief i gave them when i was there last time that they came out with the elev8r bag to shut my ass up. They are good people and they stand behind their work.

NO NEED TO STIR ... sorry, but this is one of the best features of the ELEV8R. Even with sticky herb a shake between bowls is all you need. Just shake the ELEV8R vigorously and it will expose all the good stuff much better than stirring ever could. If there are a few pieces of herb left in the corners it is my offering to the ganga gods.

There is a simple technique to make 'shaking' work very well to stir the herb.
When I first started using the ELEV8R I noticed that sometimes a shake would not dislodge the herbs in order to mix them up and expose the surface to heat. Since I did not want to incorporate removing a hot heater to stir I found a way to make shaking the ELEV8R work everytime.

The key is to keep things loose and moving from the very beginning. I incorporate shaking the ELEV8R through my entire routine to keep the herb loose in the bowl. I give the ELEV8R a firm shake before I heat it, after I heat it, before my first draw, after my draw, before my next draw, basically every pause with the ELEV8R the thing gets a strong shake until the herb dances for me.

slightly disagree wtih this....only slightly. In my experience wtih this vape when you have those "sticky icky icky" strains or you are working with moonrocks/caviar during the heating process some oils can release and case some material to get stuck to the bowl and a little more than a shake is needed...me personally i dont mind that the material is stuck i just keeep heating and vaping...but i can see where a stir would be needed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom