Votes: 19 22.1%
  • Hell Yeah

Votes: 55 64.0%
  • No, thank you

Votes: 12 14.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

LabPong

:ugh: Just noticed a crack in the upper part, coming out of one of the pinches. Bummer....and I do not use high heats or leave heat on it very long. I did not notice it the other day when I was torching it....:\

LabPong,
Reactions: BigJr48

disGRUNTled

First time using the ELEV8R for concentrates putting Lucky Jack thru it.Listening to Grin Mode Cyphers , Cavs vs Raptors on the TV.
6TZe6Ju.jpg

ebwb0Tz.jpg

BVuNqxY.jpg

4tUnLL1.jpg

LabPong

Disgruntled.....how did it taste with the concentrate pad (moon rock)? I was not sure I wanted to use it....but I only do bubble hash and kief....so I just use those on a normal screen with no issues at all.

Buds of War

#fueledbyTHC
How are we pulling the coil apart???
a flat head screwdriver and a cloth just gently prising apart the coils, pliers maybe needed if you have to widen the thing a little. A bit of heat in it helps with widening.

i now have it dialled in to between 676F-690F for my own piece of heavenly perfection lol

Last edited:

PPN

Volute of Vapor
I'm surprised to see this hot red coils , mine never even get a faint glow at 685 (the max temp I use), is it cause the mod you do to get it to fit the Elev8 heater?

Is there any health concern to get a red hot coil so close of the airpath? maybe you remove the coil before to hit it but I doubt this is the case....

edit: I don't use my coil to heat a Elev8 heater but to heat a diy vape or my enail for trates.

Buds of War

#fueledbyTHC
I'm surprised to see this hot red coils , mine never even get a faint glow at 685 (the max temp I use), is it cause the mod you do to get it to fit the Elev8 heater?

Is there any health concern to get a red hot coil so close of the airpath? maybe you remove the coil before to hit it but I doubt this is the case....

edit: I don't use my coil to heat a Elev8 heater but to heat a diy vape or my enail for trates.
I'm not sure what's going off with people having red hot coils myself. My coil only glows a little bit on initial heat up, I don't know if that's normal or if its because of the mod but it only glows the one time, even before it reaches set temp the glow starts to disappear.

Buds of War,
Reactions: BigJr48

Alexis

I am sure my coil could be performing better. I think I overstretched it and it is not even, a bit distorted so not making even contact.
I also think on my heater at the air hole the top is wider, there is variation. So I had to stretch my coil more to slip it on.

My coil wasny glowing until I turned it the other way up. This way it is making better contact with the glass and the performance is much better. But it only glows over 700° coil temp.

I am liking 700 to 725 for full extraction and dark abv in smaller bowl, and 700 to 750 stock bowl.

I could go lower, but at these temps tge hitting power and fog generation is practically on par with those dense, heavy whitewall torch hits that are STILL so smooth.
My chest is a lot happier since I went up in temps. Many lower temp, weaker hits with underextracted loads caused my far more bother, respiratory wise.

But my coil is clearly not quite right. I should try a new one for the quartz if it wasnt more money.
I have no idea why the coil temp is a set percentage lower than the set temp.
For small bowl, I was at 790 last night, coil read 720.

But the controller is performing perfectly to maintain that temp. I can adjust up or down and is quick to change and settle. So no way can it be a controller issue.
My coil may have been damaged so that parts of it are not heating the same? It only glows red on the middle 2 bars.

However, it is working very well. I just have to set the temp higher, and remember roughly what set temp gets me 710, 717 etc.
Or just roll with it each time and adjust it until right.
Just 3 Elev8r loads last night, still absolutely hammered.
Tuesday I hit 5 bowls, a vapcap and edibles. Was very heavy effects but very nice.

Zow237

I started at 700 and my whole load caught on fire haha. Literally instant combustion. Ran out of weed and now I need some more for testing haha.
Fuck! Just chipped the glass at the intake hole. First day and I broke the heater. Wow that sucks

Last edited:
Zow237,

Alexis

I started at 700 and my whole load caught on fire haha. Literally instant combustion. Ran out of weed and now I need some more for testing haha.
Fuck! Just chipped the glass at the intake hole. First day and I broke the heater. Wow that sucks
Is your coil really tight still? Like, just enough to slip on, making lots of contact all way round?
If so that must account for your smoke. I have been pushing high temps, up to 765 and zero problems with smoke yet.

My abv has been very dark in experiments but I havent felt it ever got close to combustion. Even real slow draws when I could see the heat was high and smoggy vapor a different shade.
So your coi may be transferring the heat better than mine.

And what did I tell you Zow about your chances of an early accident?:myday: Lol, hopefully it will stay together until you can get a Zow proof..I mean quartz...heater.;)

Mine has a big crack at the top, seemingly stemming from one of the indents, as @LabPong has described. But my crack is not where the coil sits on the heater. Im sure it is most likely from direct contact pressure with the coil which gets a bit jammed due to the wider top on my heater. But it is holding good so far, 4 days of torch and coil.

Dont give up Zow. Restock, go lower. Baby that heater for now and crank out some monster hits.

Alexis,

Zow237

Is your coil really tight still? Like, just enough to slip on, making lots of contact all way round?
If so that must account for your smoke. I have been pushing high temps, up to 765 and zero problems with smoke yet.

My abv has been very dark in experiments but I havent felt it ever got close to combustion. Even real slow draws when I could see the heat was high and smoggy vapor a different shade.
So your coi may be transferring the heat better than mine.

And what did I tell you Zow about your chances of an early accident?:myday: Lol, hopefully it will stay together until you can get a Zow proof..I mean quartz...heater.;)

Mine has a big crack at the top, seemingly stemming from one of the indents, as @LabPong has described. But my crack is not where the coil sits on the heater. Im sure it is most likely from direct contact pressure with the coil which gets a bit jammed due to the wider top on my heater. But it is holding good so far, 4 days of torch and coil.

Dont give up Zow. Restock, go lower. Baby that heater for now and crank out some monster hits.

yeah the coil is still tight for sure. I do need to widen it just a bit. I contacted 7th floor to get a new heater :). will have some more buds later today to do some testing. I'm not giving up haha ive prolly broke one thing from almost every new vape ive purchased haha. I'm a clutz

Zow237,
Reactions: rschlade

Alexis

yeah the coil is still tight for sure. I do need to widen it just a bit. I contacted 7th floor to get a new heater :). will have some more buds later today to do some testing. I'm not giving up haha ive prolly broke one thing from almost every new vape ive purchased haha. I'm a clutz
With the Elev8r, as with the GS, the vapor can look really thin in the bubbler so that you keep sucking for a real long pull, then blow out giganticus.
It feels so smooth going in, and it doesnt need to milk for monster hits. Looking real forward to your impressions bro.

virtualpurple

:ugh: Just noticed a crack in the upper part, coming out of one of the pinches. Bummer....and I do not use high heats or leave heat on it very long. I did not notice it the other day when I was torching it....:\

What sort of torch do you have labpong? I have a blazer buddy and with some patience and time and fuel you can soften the glass enough to make some of those cracks smooth out a bit. I was skeptical I’d get enough heat but it works. Can’t get nearly as hot as you’d get with a mapp has torch and the glass is definitely more prone to cracking again but this can help extend the life a little while you wait for a new heater.

Alexis

What sort of torch do you have labpong? I have a blazer buddy and with some patience and time and fuel you can soften the glass enough to make some of those cracks smooth out a bit. I was skeptical I’d get enough heat but it works. Can’t get nearly as hot as you’d get with a mapp has torch and the glass is definitely more prone to cracking again but this can help extend the life a little while you wait for a new heater.
My heater also has the massive crack at top. But after 5 days of use, coil and torch, no problems or further development, yet. Im not fussing about it at all. I have one more nubbed heater, quartz is coming.
This one will last as long as it does. I dont even think about the crack tbh. Just too cained haha.

I think I have my coil setup dialled in just about right at last. Lower temps again. Small bowl, decent load (0.2 ish).
Set temp-740 to 750
Coil temp- 677-687

Its working perfectly to just sip on it with short draws, it milks fast. A longer inhale is a real, and unnecessary choker! Just not needed. Short smooth pulls filling lungs nicely.
Flavour is special- TIP GUYS. @Danksta already emphasised this, but I soaked bowls and heater in ISO today. Clean glass and WOW FLAVOUR TOWN AGAIN!

Really need to ISO that heater quite often to keep ir special.
Anyway, the coil rig is working so sweetly now. I have it dialled for perfectly for best flavour but still full milk, as much aa you want, no temp drops or variation...until the load is done. Hit after hit, it's like a factory line the keep coming haha!

Yeah it's all been a bit heavy really. I realised I have been getting more cained more quickly than serves me best. I have habitually abused my Elev8r. Now I see I just don't need to. I can sip a load over longer, than batting through several in that time in the fewest hits.

Edit- I just went back to my Durban load, and I fancied larger hits again. Bit wow they are so tasty. Great big things too. Just what I need right now. So I guess I just need to mix and match. Sipping on daytime. Monsters at 100 mph have kind of been the norm, noon and night.:cool::zzz::)

Last edited:

Zow237

This thing hits hard with the coil on it. I think I have things almost dialed in with a temp, but I can get some really nice big hits that are quite smooth. I just don't like that my coil is getting so red. I need a bigger torch to make it a shorter heat up time but its like a min plus for me right now and I don't even think that's enough. :\. So far a nice vape though. Like @Alexis said , def need to clean out those bowls often to keep that great taste.

Schroedinger

Sober and stoned
My heater also has the massive crack at top. But after 5 days of use, coil and torch, no problems or further development, yet. Im not fussing about it at all. I have one more nubbed heater, quartz is coming.
This one will last as long as it does. I dont even think about the crack tbh. Just too cained haha.

I have been using mine for ~2 weeks now with the torch. No problems so far. The cracking seems to have stopped for now.

Schroedinger,
Reactions: Alexis

LabPong

It is a hairline crack and not to the outer surface. I use a Blazer Big Buddy Turbo, and most of the time a coil at lower temps.

So any try at heat melting the crack will not work. Has not moved since I noticed it yet....but I lost my 2nd heater I got with it and I am always nervous every time I heat it up now. It is my favorite vape to use for taste/smoothness/performance!

Well, another satisfied customer for the Elev8r. Postman just dropped it off. Packaging was acceptable and nothing was broken. Total kudos for including the water adapter as standard.

Instructions were not very clear but the video was very clear and had me vaping in seconds.

First time out of the box and I got incredible results. My torch is a little small so it took about a full 45 seconds to get it heated. Obviously, subsequent heatups were quicker.

Since I am a chain smoker, I quickly employed the use of my heat proof gloves and I can do bowl after bowl quite easily.

It is a tiny bit clumsy with the sick clip setup. Something that takes one hand would be nice.

Overall, totally incredible. I like it and........ I hate everything.

I purchased it from https://vgoodiez.com/ who shipped same day and I received the package in record time.

Kudos to vgoodies and the peeps at 7th floor.

I am reading through the thread for tips and I don't know if this one has been mentioned yet or not but.... a test tube clamp makes a wonderful way to handle the hot tip.

Maybe I'm a tad unusual having stuff like test tube holders but... LOL For any other chemists out there, it works pretty well.

Top Bottom