The Economy...

vapirtoo

For decades american companies have sold shoddy products to Americans.
Many of us have responded by buying products from elsewhere.The American factory worker
was screaming this to management which fell on deaf ears. Now American
corporations have begun to build quality items, case in point, the chevy malibu.
All of this may be too little too late. America used to be wracked with riots and huge
civil disobediance every 20 or so years, this will probably have to happen again in order
to cleanse our political system as well as our media.
The American worker when given the proper tools and goals, can out produce anybody.
Case in point, look at the folks who make the Launch Box.

vapirtoo,

reece

finchrock24 said:
I never once claimed JB was a republican. I was speaking in terms of as a whole nation...the repubs had the advantage this year. Show me where I sad JB was a republican?

sigh

from post #46

finchrock24 said:
so I don't really see why your surprised JB won...he had a 50% chance anyway. Fact of the matter is he had 'the name', experience, and was republican (which we all know was the 'right' party this year at the mid-terms).

I'm done dude. I've answered your questions. But since you can't even remember what you said (even though it's right there for you to reference), it's no wonder you don't remember (and cannot even reread it) what I have said. Am I supposed to keep repeating myself? How many times is enough?

I wish you good luck in your life.

reece,

Purple-Days

Yep.

So, what do you (all) see putting millions of meaningful, well paying jobs back in the American market.

I don't believe education is the key to the economy. We only need so many MBAs or French Art Historians...

What will take the place of our steel industry or car industry or electronics industry (yes we used to make our own TVs) ???

Purple-Days,

Pappy

shmaporist
^ I'd say more entrepreneurs like you, Tom, and I do mean that to be flattering. If people went after their dreams -- instead of trying to develop killer resumes -- America might rediscover its past glory, what was once called "The American Way". I'm afraid "Yankee ingenuity" is all but dead. We teach our children in kindergarten "get a good education, you'll get a good job, and then you can suck on the tit of corporate America until you retire." Unfortunately it's a big lie! Corporations outsource and the typical America worker is bored to death. Bored workers are the perfect recipe for a rapid American decline!

I call it "The Cheap Toothpick Syndrome"... Pardon the self aggrandizement but I wrote a chapter about it in my last book.
http://www.mjweber.com/page1/assets/InvasionPrivacy-07.pdf

Pappy,

Purple-Days

I was part of that decline in union membership. Had a nice stable manufacturing job... I didn't quit the union, my job was moved to Alabama and the factory I worked at was closed. Move or find other work... 'cuase the job(s) was going South where unions were not and are not welcome. You won't see Hyundai opening any rust belt factories, I bet. So should we just bulldoze Akron and Detroit and Pittsburg and tell those people to move on with their lives??? Even when Korean and Japanese car makers build factories, the US doesn't make it attractive to re-establish industry where it is needed most.

Gotta run, just observing... :peace:

Purple-Days,

vapirtoo

Education is fundamental, but all of gods children need not be in college.
Strong vocational skills are also needed as are bus drivers, quick order cooks,
plumbers, on and on...... These once were respectable jobs before all of the
billionaires started plastering there names on everything.
There was a time when real work was respected, and paid for!
Now you have to be some kind of paper pusher to rake in the bucks, or
a professional athlete.

vapirtoo,

Purple-Days

Everyone needs college, haven't you heard??? Yes, you reflect my feelings, that education is important, but not everybody needs higher education, hell most high school graduates aren't ready for a high school education, IMO. Can't even make proper change without a computer readout...

Thanks Pappy, but we need some major hiring, and I just don't see what that will be... the jobs went South, then a little further South, and the slide was well under way... Some day we will be admiring the quality of our new Chinese car. :uhoh:

I come from an age when 'Made in Japan' was laughed at, then accepted, then admired. Now Japan wonders where they went off course.

Can we ever make China wonder where they went wrong? I'm having doubts. Ever play RISK ? Sometimes sheer numbers and time are all it takes and the Chinese have both (plus several other advantages).

Purple-Days,

reece

Pappy said:
Poor Congress feels it's sacrilegious to meet so close to Xmas. The cushy bastards and bitches in Congress worked an average of 150 days this year -- 125 days less than the "Average American". Yet they feel "entitled" to a holiday instead of repealing "don't ask don't tell".
http://www.npr.org/blogs/itsallpoli...partisan-fight-over-true-meaning-of-christmas
THROW THE F-ING BUMS OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pappy, you've expressed your feeling that all of the politicians are the same. Now in this post you make it seem as though all, or at least a majority, of them are bitching and moaning. However, in the link you've provided it is clear that the whining is being done by two members (of course on behalf of their party). Another senator is mentioned and he echoes your sentiment on the sense of entitlement. Yet you would throw them all out. It seems to me, if you were paying attention your anger, justified as it is, would be better focused. Instead you want to throw the baby out with the bathwater.

reece,

Pappy

shmaporist
reece said:
Pappy, you've expressed your feeling that all of the politicians are the same. Now in this post you make it seem as though all, or at least a majority, of them are bitching and moaning. However, in the link you've provided it is clear that the whining is being done by two members (of course on behalf of their party). Another senator is mentioned and he echoes your sentiment on the sense of entitlement. Yet you would throw them all out. It seems to me, if you were paying attention your anger, justified as it is, would be better focused. Instead you want to throw the baby out with the bathwater.
Reece, the Xmas recess fiasco is only today's latest example. Factor that into the statistic that in 2010 EVERY member in Congress worked approximately HALF the amount of days as the average American citizen (during the second greatest financial crisis in U.S. history) and that is unforgivable! Now, typical of the scumbags in our Congress, their spokespeople are bitching about not being able to go home soon enough for Xmas. Hahahahaha! I have 2 words for them... FU!

Pappy,

reece

You're broad brushing. Anger, by itself, isn't conducive to sound decision making.

reece,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
But what constitutes a 'work day' as you are using in your comparison of the 'average American'?

BOTH my wife and I work for a school system here in our own locale.
She is a teacher, I am a network engineer.
She gets summers off, and works a 'shorter' workday. I get to work all summer (thats when I can actually get my projects done) and my days are usually longer. (Not to mention I am virtually on call all hours if stuff breaks) Would I switch roles with her because of her apparent 'time off'? HELL NO!

Im not implying that these people in congress deserve a 'break' of sorts, but at least give them the benefit of the doubt. We see their jobs from an outsiders prospective.

AGBeer,

reece

AG, somehow I don't think facts and details matter to Pappy.

Plus, you and your wife work for the government so you're biased (on top of that you are overpaid like all government workers according to the latest talking points :rolleyes: )

Of course, I don't know if you work for the public or private sector, nor do I know anything about your salaries, or the salaries of similar jobs, but trivial details like that don't matter. I'm mad.

reece,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
Biased? Maybe biased in the fact that I am gainfully employed.

Like I said, Im not excusing the actions of the people empowered to make decisions for us, Im just saying there might be more to this picture than we are seeing. Even if I did work in the private sector (which I have for a good number of years) I think I would still have the same sentiments. (My wife has been with the system longer than I have)

Neither of us make an 'obscene' amount of $$$. We would be considered middle class by a comfortable margin. (Heck shouldnt we be the most pissed off here with all of these 'tax cuts' business?) And I never really considered myself a 'Government Employee' per se.

Its a job.
It has benefits.
It helps provide for my family.
If you want to get (more) technical - we help to pay our own salaries.

"The Government" is a much larger entity than people are giving credit to. I think your hostility *may* be rightly directed at the POLITICIANS, but Government as a whole? I think thats a bit of a fruitless stretch. :)

*EDIT* And on that note - for the record, as 'Government Employees' NEITHER my wife or I have seen a pay raise in the past 3-4 years. (We are even talking about STEP increases) Yet my health insurance costs have consistently risen.

AGBeer,

aesthyrian

Blaaaaah
Pappy, go tell Bernie Sanders that he is a bum. He spoke for nearly 9 hours last week, by his own choice just to defend and explain his point, which is a very good one at that.

Some bum? Like Reece said, you are generalizing, plenty of congress members actually get shit done, and many more obstruct everything. Look at the individuals and then start to name call. Plus they do work when they aren't on the floor... like reading and writing legislation, doing town halls, ect.. Once again, Bernie Sander does a town hall nearly every weekend.

Government isn't bad, Government is us. If you aren't informed and don't vote then you get what we have. I have no clue what to do about Citizens United though... :/ That might change some things haha

aesthyrian,

Purple-Days

Aesthyrian says to Pappy, "Like Reece said, you are generalizing..."

Aesthyrian also says, "I'm scared for 2012, if the Republican gain full control again I think I'll need to work on finding a new country to call home." post #13

And, "I guess it's time to play the same card the Republicans always play. Why do the Republicans hate America so much? Why are they so unpatriotic?" post #20

Both statements generalizing, about those evil Republicans... 'cause you know they is all the same'... :cool:

Just observing.

Purple-Days,

Pappy

shmaporist
I've said all I need to say on this subject. Term limits will create perpetual momentum in Congress -- as opposed to the petrification we now have -- and render K Street lobbying obsolete. No one in Congress is expendable -- not even the greatest Congressperson in history! Power breeds corruption and incumbency breeds mediocrity.

I made my point and I rest my case. This will be my my last post in this tread. :2c: :peace:
166947483v3_480x480_Front_Color-BlackWhite.jpg

Pappy,

Purple-Days

Pappy, I didn't say term limits were a horrible idea, I just pointed out a few things I thought might be a problem. I have neeb for term limits at other times. Right now I'm with you or who-ever says throw them all out on their collective asses to teach the next bunch a good lesson. And Pappy, please don't leave the discussion... your input is as valid as any, and probably has some experience (and historical perspective) behind it. Come Back . And edit out that shit about taking your ball and going home. :D :peace: :2c:

Purple-Days,

Pappy

shmaporist
Purple-Days said:
Come Back . And edit out that shit about taking your ball and going home.
Thanks PD. It's not that I don't want to play. But I don't like to repeat myself or bicker. My former post wasn't directed at you in any way. :)

Pappy,

bcleez

I believe education is the key starting at a very young age. It must be a quality education though and that is where we are failing. We need to teach fiscal responsibility too.

Yeah, bulldoze all those shitty cities. It is migration not diaspora.

bcleez,

Purple-Days

^^^ I agree with a lot of that... ;)

++++

Glad you are back, now fight for what you believe. :cool:

I believe we don't wanna fight for what we believe... We just say, fuck it, that's good enough !

Just observing... :2c:

Purple-Days,
Top Bottom