Mario Juan

Lovecombustion
Like I said, I do not believe in things like FB. Maybe that wil change when they introduce a fact tracker :)

A few bad reviews out of ten, twenty, hundred? thousands of sales ... that says nothing to me.

What I do like is the way we get informed by Davinci, here on FC. I also like the video reviews that we can see online (Vape Critic and some others). The IQ is a killer machine i.m.o.

You sound like I did when I first saw this thing. "Looks great, VC likes it, responding directly to people on FC!" I pulled the trigger within an hour of discovering it existed.

What I've learned?
1. Looks can be deceiving
2. I still love VCs reviews but I still have to take into account the fact that he gets monetarily compensated for every IQ referral sale (so why not give it a glowing review?)
3. and lastly a few convenient responses from Da Vinci on FC basically marketing their product further doesn't equate to good customer service, and from my experience Da Vinci's customer service is abominable.

As I said before I decided not to cancel my order and give the product a fair chance. But this has also been an eye opening experience. Don't ever pre order anything. Expecially from a company that doesn't deserve your blind trust.

ChrisCana

Not to mention - what looks like transparency only happened because of the huge out-lash from angry customers. A little digging, not JUST on FB but twitter, here and elsewhere pretty much backs it up.

Mario Juan

Lovecombustion
You sound like I did when I first saw this thing. "Looks great, VC likes it, responding directly to people on FC!" I pulled the trigger within an hour of discovering it existed.

What I've learned?
2. I still love VCs reviews but I still have to take into account the fact that he gets monetarily compensated for every IQ referral sale (so why not give it a glowing review?)
3. and lastly a few convenient responses from Da Vinci on FC basically marketing their product further doesn't equate to good customer service, and from my experience Da Vinci's customer service is abominable.

As I said before I decided not to cancel my order and give the product a fair chance. But this has also been an eye opening experience. Don't ever pre order anything. Expecially from a company that doesn't deserve your blind trust.

Edit: Putting aside shipping and customer service issues and a very minuscule amount of reports of duds, nearly everything I've heard about the IQ itself has been quite pleasing. As far as reviews of quality and performance go, people seem to love this thing. Although I foolishly preordered the IQ, from what I've been hearing it's well worth $275 (if you have $275 to blow that is). As frustrated as I've been with the company itself, if I receive my unit and it works as well as everyone claims it does I'll be a happy customer and hopefully I'll never have to deal with Da Vinci again. However, if something ever happens to my IQ, I already know it's going to be a pain in the ass to get it resolved so hopefully that day never comes.

Mario Juan,

ChrisCana

People have claimed 3 months or more waiting on an ascent warranty replacement (previous model) if that is any indicator.

Trulukkyphrank

I got mine in yesterday. It looks and feels beautiful. My first pack was tamped down to about 1/8" below the black border(pearl extended) and turned it on to 365F. I got about 5 or 6 draws in before I had to turn it off because I could feel the high coming on strong, and I still had things to do with my day. I came back later and turned it back on to 365F and hit it for the entire 10 minutes, getting whispy hits the entire time. Later i pressed my luck by stirring and cranking it up to 420F. I lost track of the number of hits, but I got at least 5 more whispy hits from it. These two and a half sessions left my battery needing a charge.

My second pack was about the same as far as amount goes(sorry, didn't weigh). This time I ground some different herb that was cured much better than the first into the mix. I started up Smart Path 2 and got up to around 7 hits, and they were very all very nice clouds. In fact, the last hits I took were just as big as the first few, if not bigger. I'm not sure how far I got into that Smart Path, but that was enough for me. I turned it off and figured I'll try it again later at Smart Path 3 and see how it produces. So far I'm very impressed and can't wait to play with it more later.

Nice review :) can you tell some more about the battery life? You took 5/6 draws, than a 10min session, after that ~5 draws and the battery was dead? ^^

Trulukkyphrank,
Reactions: essie1

What I've learned?

Essie1 sounds either overly optimistic or he/she hasn't been paying attention to all of this thread and the shipping one. The only reason I haven't canceled my order is because of the reviews I've read and videos I've watched. As a new customer to DaVinci, their customer service is Shit! Not only do they charge you for items before they are shipped, but vague shipping updates, only responding when people say something nice, and an overall garbage customer experience has left me with a bad image of the company. It took a public outcry for them to even admit what the problem was and provide shipping estimates that are trash. Basically I could have placed my order yesterday, and it will get to me at the same time as an order placed on November 4th (my order date). I will never pre order anything from their company again, and if this vaporizer isn't the best thing since sliced bread, it's going back. I'm thoroughly disgusted with @Davinci_vaporizer at this point.

Last edited:

ChrisCana

If you would like, you can open a Better Business Bureaus complaint for Organicix, LLC (Company Name of Davinci). I realize there are now dozens of complaints across all the social outlets, but this might actually get heard. There are existing complaints on file with their company at the BBB as well.

https://www.bbb.org/southern-nevada...-las-vegas-nv-90044264/reviews-and-complaints

The Council of Better Business Bureaus (CBBB) is the network hub for BBBs in the US and Canada. Like BBBs, CBBB is dedicated to fostering honest and responsive relationships between businesses and consumers -- instilling consumer confidence and advancing a trustworthy marketplace for all.

ChrisCana,

Zangano Cruel

IG zan.cru (code) zancru (5% NV checkout discount)
Hola FC:
I don't understand why people are so concerned that an advanced, modern vape, using ONE 18650 will last more than 45 minutes....
That's awesome for me, I own 2 Solos, I believe my old Solos (2012-bought) gives at least 4 to 5 12 minutes sessions, depending if I start at level 5 or 7.
Solos have 2 18650 inside right?? So, 2x18650= 48 to 60 minutes...
Solo I believe it's one of the benchmarks in portability and battery life, kind of, correct me if I'm wrong.... but pretty simple tech, no fancy lights display, no BT connection, no vibration feed, no smarts paths, looks like a battery, inert looking...jajajajaja
IQ 1x18650= 30 to 45 minutes.... looks great and fancy, plus all the fancy tech plus, I believe a very nice smart app for your fancy iPhone 7 or Samsung Galaxy 7....

At the end I don't understand the complaints on battery life, battery life here is not a deal breaker IMO...
IMO oven size and hardware/tech/smart failures can be deal breakers...
Remember the Ascent oven issues?? People complained a lot till the spacers were put into game...
Pax oven was too big too for solo sessions,
IMO a Solo oven size is kind of perfect...
Price is a little steep for sure. Probably end of the year sales will make it cheaper @Davinci_vaporizer
Stay vaped...

p.s: I come from rolling shitty weed joints all my life, combusting weed since 1996ish??? If my memory don't betray me, since 2012 I'm vaping 90% to 95% of the time, now and then I combust, different worlds... But the point is, we are in the great time to appreciate all the vaping development, even if it's the same technology but upgraded, let's embrace it and let it fix with time...
Never preorder anything, if you go through all the FC preorder threads, what's the common denominator? , long waiting lines of pissed of customers that put their money to wait...
Don't you think the vape is not coming out??? The vape is ready from a long time ago probably, they need to sell them for getting paid, why in hell are you going to pay it in advance????
Did you pay your used/new car full amount when you purchased it??? Did you give your money to Ford, Mercedes, Dodge, VW, BMW before they released a new year model???... NO WAY...

Last edited:

jay87

I don't think the IQ launch has been that different than the launches of other great vapes. :shrug:

If you've browsed many threads when a new portable comes out the emotion-timeline is basically like this:

:rolleyes::brow::o:):\:|:(:mad::rant::|:science::lol::clap::tup:

Because people haven't gotten their new vape, there are delays, possible manufacturing issues, etc.

That means we are currently right here: :rant:

But soon once the units ship, the issues are discovered and fixed, and everyone gets used to the vape I wager you'll see people's tune start to change ;)

Davinci_vaporizer

Clean First Technology
Manufacturer
Yes my unit gets pretty warm after around 7 minutes or so but it doesn't get too hot to hold. I don't put anything in the flavor chamber. Should 5 minutes on smart path 3 and 5 minutes on smart path 4 turn the material dark brown? For me its always a mix of green and a super light brown almost yellow color. I'm starting to think the heater might be defective

So if I understand correctly you run your bowl on SP3 for 5mins and SP4 for 5mins and your ABV is lightish brown. That sounds about right. Typically if you do a full session on SP3 and SP4 (which is 20mins of vaping) the ABV is pretty dark and toasty. So it doesn't surprise me that half that time is getting you about half of the darkness of ABV.

See link to screenshot in previous message. "large amounts of units not passing QC" Direct from Davinci support. Seems confirmed enough for me.

To give some clarity there was a batch of Blue and Gunmetal units that did not color match correctly. There were complications during anodization that left a "wrikkle" in the finish and not of the quality that we were comfortable putting our name on.

DaVinci also owns the factory. SO there's no reason QC shouldn't be completed before they get over here. Additionally, that adds more room for QC failure as now the DaVinci shipping area may be 'contaminated' with non-functioning or inferior parts which would accidentally be shipped out.
Also interesting... Apparently Andrew is the only person responding to e-mails, so it may be that he is the only person they have responding to anything. Making customer service horrible.

We do have our own production facility with our own eyes on our products. QC is completed both at the production level and again before it ships here in the US. The QC issue that has been discussed was a color anodization issue with the Blue and Gunmetal units not anything to do with parts or boards.

Hey @DaVinci, I almost forgot. My Ascent has the ability to program an auto shut off, anywhere from 30 seconds to 20 minutes! That's powerful, and very appreciated. Why didn't you keep this feature for the IQ?

We removed this feature because a lot of people were setting this feature accidentally to a short shut off of 30secs or so. You wouldn't believe how many warranty claims we got for bad batteries and after inspection found out that the timer was set to short lol. This is a feature we are considering bringing back with the app which might make it easier to communicate that there is a timer set and also make it less likely to be set accidentally.

Not impressed by my session with the vape. The form factor is very cool! I used the amount I would in my Solo and i didn't get any great clouds or anything.

How much material would you say that is? The IQ needs at least .25-.3g to have a good pack and get good vapor production.

Just received my IQ and I am slightly worried I have one of the defective ones people seem to be talking about. My device gets so hot to the touch you almost can't hold it, and I haven't even used it to smoke yet, that was just while setting smart paths. Is this something most people are experiencing? I can't get myself to try to deal with their customer service again...

The IQ has an aluminum housing that can get warm while in use with higher temperatures. I can tell you that the vape does get warmer when it sits empty, unused, and heating. Essentially the oven is just on and powering nothing and all of that heat has to go somewhere. When in use more of the heat is transferred to the herb in the bowl. You are also hitting the vape drawing in air and cooling the other parts of the vape.

How's the cleaning procedure on the IQ?

Is it possible to clean both sides of the IQ oven? As in if you remove the flavor chamber can you get to the oven holes entering from the top?

I just ordered an IQ today so we'll see when it ends up getting shipped. :drool:

Yes you can clean both sides of the IQ oven. The main opening can be cleaned using an alcohol wipe and our cleaning brush. To clean the other end you are correct you can access that area by removing the flavor chamber. using the brush or a q-tip you will be able to reach in and clean the back of the oven bowl. There is a gasket that sits between the oven and the flavor chamber that has a slanted pathway the bush is the best tool to clean this with!.

https://mobile.twitter.com/SpanglishAFN/status/799799296044527616/photo/1

Does this work for you?

@Davinci_vaporizer Thanks for answering my previous questions about the App and the potential ability to set the max boost in a future update. I'm sure a lot of people would like that as it gives more possibilities to use it. I for one would love that versatilitiy, along with an additional pearl or suitable spacer for doing microdoses (<0.1, aiming for 0.04/0.05) - and of course the option to set a shorter timespan for smart paths. I think that would be everything I'd wish for! :)

Furthermore, regarding the "large amounts of units not passing QC": will this affect the EU launch? Is it still beginning of Dec.?

Thank you!

Keep the reports coming you guys. Would love to see some more videos, micro/small dose hits and ABV shots :)

The EU launch is expected to go on as scheduled. We have solved the color matching issues we were dealing with and have resumed full production.

So I downloaded the new update for the davinci app for android and it finally let me adjust the smart paths. Every time I tried setting the temperature my device would shut off with a full battery. After 4 "restarts" my device and app would let me actually adjust the smart path to whatever temperature I wanted at any interval. Wow this really changed this device for me. I now get great vapor production at pretty much any temperature whereas before I would barely get any. Now the IQ appears to be working like it should and this has vastly improved vapor production and the effects I get. However whenever I use a smart path a couple minutes into the session the IQ will just turn off. With a fully charged battery every couple minutes the IQ just turns off and I cannot seem to figure it out. It does this for every smart path. Does anybody else have issues with their device just shutting off?

Did you only have this crashing issue when using the app? Or when setting temperature on the vape as well? The App is still being updated to it's full version so you might still be experiencing some bugs that need to be cleaned out.

I only see 2 people complaining in the last 16 hours on their FB. I also see 1,215 customer reviews with a 8.57 / 10 score + 50K FB likes. Davinci shows up here on FC and gives us great product information and quality control info updates. As a future customer, I feel great becouse they talk seriously to their customers this way.

In my experiance, Davinci is an open manufacturer of probably worlds best handheld vape at the moment. Hope they will deliver EU shops soon!

edit: Oh, and I do not believe in things like FB :p

Thanks for the words of support bother!

Forbin's Dog

Nice review :) can you tell some more about the battery life? You took 5/6 draws, than a 10min session, after that ~5 draws and the battery was dead? ^^

On the first battery I did my first half-session(5/6 draws), then a full 10 minute session at 365, then a full 10 minute session at 420. During the last few minutes I got the low battery alert from the IQ, but I was able to finish it off. This might be common knowledge, but definitely take another slow draw after you turn the IQ off. Each time I did that I was able to get another small hit from the residual heat/vapor.

I feel like the outrage over the way that the IQ has been rolled out is being way overblown by a very vocal minority. I checked their FB page to see the wave of vitriol that they were receiving, and saw the same 8-10 people responding over and over again (Some even claimed they wanted to involve their lawyer). The FB group mentioned above to "report issues" has 10 total likes as I type this. Even the BBB link mentioned above has only two complaints on file, one of which was resolved before the BBB even responded. If you really trust the BBB rating to define a company then you'll also see that Storz & Bickel have an F rating on there, as opposed to Organix LLC's C rating. I understand that people are frustrated, but it seems some folks have taken their anger to extremes. :shrug:

oddjobold

Vape swap shop
The bowel size is too big for me - so been trying to figure out a good spacer. Dont like the steel mesh screen idea as i am afraid of scratching. The glass screens on ebay look a little big.

Thinking of buying a glass bead to act as an additional pearl. Can anyone see an issue with this?

Mario Juan

Lovecombustion
The bowel size is too big for me - so been trying to figure out a good spacer. Dont like the steel mesh screen idea as i am afraid of scratching. The glass screens on ebay look a little big.

Thinking of buying a glass bead to act as an additional pearl. Can anyone see an issue with this?

Certain types of glass can be pretty dangerous when temperatures are fluctuated. I would at least make sure that the quality and type of glass can withstand heats well above the IQs max. Pretty good idea though.

Edit: Have you tried packing the bowl with your desired amount and then just tightly tamping it down? I've heard people have been getting some good results using different methods such as that for smaller loads.

On the first battery I did my first half-session(5/6 draws), then a full 10 minute session at 365, then a full 10 minute session at 420. During the last few minutes I got the low battery alert from the IQ, but I was able to finish it off. This might be common knowledge, but definitely take another slow draw after you turn the IQ off. Each time I did that I was able to get another small hit from the residual heat/vapor.

I feel like the outrage over the way that the IQ has been rolled out is being way overblown by a very vocal minority. I checked their FB page to see the wave of vitriol that they were receiving, and saw the same 8-10 people responding over and over again (Some even claimed they wanted to involve their lawyer). The FB group mentioned above to "report issues" has 10 total likes as I type this. Even the BBB link mentioned above has only two complaints on file, one of which was resolved before the BBB even responded. If you really trust the BBB rating to define a company then you'll also see that Storz & Bickel have an F rating on there, as opposed to Organix LLC's C rating. I understand that people are frustrated, but it seems some folks have taken their anger to extremes. :shrug:

I'm not sure what taking their anger to extremes entails. I like a few other less than satisfied customers have been expressing our experiece with Da Vinci vocally but honestly. I do not share my frustrations to flame Da Vinci, but to rather warn potential customers of what they may have to deal with if they do decide to buy an IQ. So far all I have seen are legitimate complaints about reasonable frustrations, many of which have not been addressed or have been dealt with in some less than satisfying ways by the team over at Da Vinci to say the least.

Last edited by a moderator:

shaolinmilk

As you guys should all know, nothing in business ever goes according to plan. There will always be bumps and bruises along the way and this is no exception. I hear amazing things about the IQ and hope DaVinci can deliver all pre-ordered goods soon! If you ever take a peak or look into other new vaporizer threads, delays are bound to happen!

fsck_

I was thinking about the same thing.

Davinci_vaporizer

Clean First Technology
Manufacturer
Just wanted to seconds the desire for the option to pick our own auto shutoff times, I would LOVE to make mine a bit longer.

Longer than 10 minutes? Finally my kind of vaper lol I usually find myself turning the IQ back on for a second session. Although I know a lot of people prefer the micro dose and a short session.

A glass bead would work great! Like @Mario Juan mentioned you will want to make sure that it can withstand heat up to 430 degrees. You wouldn't want the glass to shatter and start inhaling glass dust.

oddjobold

Vape swap shop
I am gonna try using some avb as a packer. So good herb first - then AVB on top to act as a spacer. Hopefully it wont affect the flavour too much.

Davinci_vaporizer

Clean First Technology
Manufacturer
I am gonna try using some avb as a packer. So good herb first - then AVB on top to act as a spacer. Hopefully it wont affect the flavour too much.

I've done that before. Only works for a minimal time then it all starts tasting like ABV. Still keeps vaping just tastes a little funky

Davinci_vaporizer,
Reactions: nacho257

Volteric

I too traveled over the weekend and found the IQ to be a great travel companion. At one point I couldn't find my stir tool, but I had a backup ready with the keychain tool. (Turns out the other tool was in my backpack...misplaced it in a high state of mind.)

I've owned a Pax1, Pax2, Crafty, Mighty, Firefly2, and IQ. The IQ is my #1 stealth portable, edging the Crafty due to its user-replaceable battery and smart paths (which are especially useful on the go). The Mighty is my #1 home portable.

Wow! Ok, so you feel strongly that it edges the crafty and pax2? Awesome. Can you indicate why you think so. That would be helpful in making a decision.

ld

Certain types of glass can be pretty dangerous when temperatures are fluctuated. I would at least make sure that the quality and type of glass can withstand heats well above the IQs max. Pretty good idea though.

Edit: Have you tried packing the bowl with your desired amount and then just tightly tamping it down? I've heard people have been getting some good results using different methods such as that for smaller loads.

I'm not sure what taking their anger to extremes entails. I like a few other less than satisfied customers have been expressing our experiece with Da Vinci vocally but honestly. I do not share my frustrations to flame Da Vinci, but to rather warn potential customers of what they may have to deal with if they do decide to buy an IQ. So far all I have seen are legitimate complaints about reasonable frustrations, many of which have not been addressed or have been dealt with in some less than satisfying ways by the team over at Da Vinci to say the least.
Like I've said before, got mine very quickly, it works as described, no issues and loving it. Ordered another one last Tuesday and received shipped notice today. Nothing wrong at this end.

oddjobold

Vape swap shop
Okay - i have brought some 10mm clear glass beads - £1.60 off ebay. This is the kind used in jewellery or sowing. Tried to find something "high temp" but all i could find were baking beans. Those were more expensive and not a regular size.

To test them - i am gonna put them in my oven in my kitchen on the highest temp for 10mins. Then ill cool them down under a cold tap and see how they hold up.Once i have done my little experiment - ill let you know.

@Davinci_vaporizer whats the time line for the official oven spacer? This vape is crying out for one.

Reggie Watts

Wow! Ok, so you feel strongly that it edges the crafty and pax2? Awesome. Can you indicate why you think so. That would be helpful in making a decision.
It just edges the Crafty as an on-the-go portable because you can buy a bunch of batteries, charge them outside the device, and swap them out as needed. This is a major benefit for a vape you take out of the house. Then it has a much better smartphone app, but everything can be controlled onboard without the app. The smart paths make it even more convenient, as you never have to manually change temp.

To be fair, the Crafty has slightly better vapor quality, and much less draw resistance. But the IQ surpasses the Crafty in vapor quantity - it produces thicker clouds, and the sessions last longer.

The Pax2 has fallen out of my rotation. The IQ is better in every way. Even before, I would only use my Pax2 when I needed something with maximum stealth factor. The IQ is equally compact, smells less, and has two viable mouthpieces (everyone hates the Pax2 raised mouthpiece). Then when you consider the flavor chamber, the ceramic vapor pathway, the ease of loading and cleaning...it's no contest.

Last edited:

Trulukkyphrank

Okay - i have brought some 10mm clear glass beads - £1.60 off ebay. This is the kind used in jewellery or sowing. Tried to find something "high temp" but all i could find were baking beans. Those were more expensive and not a regular size.

To test them - i am gonna put them in my oven in my kitchen on the highest temp for 10mins. Then ill cool them down under a cold tap and see how they hold up.Once i have done my little experiment - ill let you know.

@Davinci_vaporizer whats the time line for the official oven spacer? This vape is crying out for one.

@Davinci_vaporizer I'm also very interested in more informatons about the oven spacer :brow:

@oddjobold do you tried to tamp a little amount of herb very good down?

Trulukkyphrank,
Top Bottom