aryo

I received my blue IQ Thursday after ordering on Oct. 21st. Charged it overnight. Went to turn on and no matter how many times I clicked it 5 times, it would not turn on. Opened the battery door and the battery door would not open wide enough for the battery to just slip out. Looked and saw part of the covering of the battery was torn. So finally got it out, put it on an external charger and it showed battery was charged. Put it back into the vape and started trying to click it on. Finally came on but would not turn off. Had to pull out the battery. I'm at a total loss. Cannot believe I would get a battery with a torn covering. I took photos to show this is how it was received. Have already sent an email and will call Monday.
Very disappointed.

Dude, if the battery wrapper is torn, you absolutely need to get it rewrapped ASAP. You don't want to mess around with battery safety. Regulated device or not, once the battery wrapper is fucked, these things can blow up.

Edit: Might be a good idea to google li-on or 18650 battery safety.

Last edited:

jay87

For those looking for a spacer to reduce the oven volume I might suggest giving these a try:

31EPeu%2ByqsL.jpg

Mixing in a couple of those glass screens in between your herb seemed to do the trick with the Ascent and I'd imagine they'd work with the IQ as well.

I also think I read somewhere that DaVinci was working on an IQ spacer? :brow:

Last edited:

ld

Just out of curiosity, what color did you order? I ordered on Nov 2nd as well, but have yet to receive anything. I'm still waiting patiently because I know there are many that ordered before me and haven't received theirs either.
I actually called before ordering and found out the copper had a very large inventory. I really didn't care about color so I went with it.

vapen00b

Many vapes & accessories. Always happy to help
See link to screenshot in previous message. "large amounts of units not passing QC" Direct from Davinci support. Seems confirmed enough for me.

It's not opening anything for me

https://mobile.twitter.com/SpanglishAFN/status/799799296044527616/photo/1

Does this work for you?

@Davinci_vaporizer Thanks for answering my previous questions about the App and the potential ability to set the max boost in a future update. I'm sure a lot of people would like that as it gives more possibilities to use it. I for one would love that versatilitiy, along with an additional pearl or suitable spacer for doing microdoses (<0.1, aiming for 0.04/0.05) - and of course the option to set a shorter timespan for smart paths. I think that would be everything I'd wish for! :)

Furthermore, regarding the "large amounts of units not passing QC": will this affect the EU launch? Is it still beginning of Dec.?

Thank you!

Keep the reports coming you guys. Would love to see some more videos, micro/small dose hits and ABV shots :)

Last edited:
vapen00b,
Reactions: whatitdew

Mario Juan

Lovecombustion
The IQ to portable vapes is going to be like Wildstar was to MMOs. Has a ton of potential, may even be the WoW (PAX) killer. Probably even deserves it. I just hope all of these launch issues don't end up killing what could have been an awesome vape.

I was going to cancel my order out of sheer frustration a little while ago, but I've decided to give Da Vinci the benefit of the doubt and give this puppy a chance. To be fair I also decided to ordered a Mighty to cover all my bases. My lungs hate me at the moment. I miss vaping <\3

radiant34

The IQ to portable vapes is going to be like Wildstar was to MMOs. Has a ton of potential, may even be the WoW (PAX) killer. Probably even deserves it. I just hope all of these launch issues don't end up killing what could have been an awesome vape.

I was going to cancel my order out of sheer frustration a little while ago, but I've decided to give Da Vinci the benefit of the doubt and give this puppy a chance. To be fair I also decided to ordered a Mighty to cover all my bases. My lungs hate me at the moment. I miss vaping <\3
lmao youre gonna soon quickly realize that the mighty is actually WoW

ChrisCana

They just admitted to the defective units on their facebook page - and are being torn apart. Seems these issues have been common with the company during other launches as well (re: ascent). Wish I knew before I placed the order - but I was also directly lied to over the phone and told that if I placed an order that day it would ship in 2 days (prior to all this qa stuff). Stories of it taking 3 months (or never) to get an ascent warranty, etc - REALLY wish they didnt take and hold our money prior to shipping. Ive sent many emails to support and called several times and left messages with no response.

vapen00b

Many vapes & accessories. Always happy to help
I'm trying to follow. Davinci state it's some "minor cosmetic" problem that causes a holdup. But have they commented officially on the failing (heater) units yet?
Don't want to stir anything up - just like to know, if problems have been detected, analyzed and maybe even fixed yet. Seems there's two different problems - one hasn't to do anything with the other, right?
Thanks for clarifying this @Davinci_vaporizer

I'd love to take the plunge but I had two stories with Ascents - no happy ends.
So I wanna make sure it's a reliable and quality product. 10 yr. warranty is what got me back and having a second thought on davinci products. Hopefully this one's a winner - for both parties.
Good luck and thanks for your attention! :)

:peace:

Last edited:

Reynamwt

I placed my order (blue) on Nov 2nd and received it (US East Coast) on the 18th. I am a daily vaper usually vaping between.2 and .3 g per session. For the past 2 years I have been grinding with the MFFG and vaping with the Wispr 2 daily and have been ok with the result thus far. I started to look at the IQ as a means of upgrading to a more controllable and pleasurable means of medicating. After having tried the PAX and a few other portables they were just not what I was looking for in terms of preferences and user experience.

The unboxing of the IQ made me feel like I spent $280 and I was pleased with the packaging and all of the accessories that it came with, very practical and useful accessory kit. I don’t know if it is the same with other colors but the carry can is the same color as my IQ, very thoughtful and a nice touch. Construction materials used and the design are all top notch, the form factor and feel of the IQ is indicative of its price tag. I am specifically pleased with the design and feel of both the oven door and vapor path door, they feel durable and those magnets will never wear out the way a latch would.

Knowing that I would usually be vaping less than a full chamber I gave unthreading the pearl a try. I agree that initially it did pose a bit of resistance but if you keep turning (in the correct direction) you can see that the pearl is actually traveling down the threaded post. The resistance is still there slightly and you can feel the post flexing. At no point did I feel like it would break. The good feature of this is that the pearl will stay in the location that you set and not migrate up and down the threads while in transit. I had a little trouble connecting to the app at first but I uninstalled / reinstalled the app and had no troubles connecting or using the app after that.

On my initial trial I prepped .25g of material and used a Cali Crusher 2pc grinder. I will note that the grind was fine but not as fine as with the MFFG. I believe that for the IQ the MFFG would be too fine but I have yet to try. I loaded in my material and tamped. With the unit off I took a pull to test the draw resistance. It was a little too tight for my liking so I used the pick tool to completely loosen the pack and tamped a bit lighter, success. I must also add that the pearl did not appear to be making contact with the material. I turned the vape on and used smart path 2. I waited until the IQ vibrated and took my first pull. The taste was there but there was little vapor, which in my experience is the case with conv vapes on the first couple pulls. The vapor volume increased by the 2nd or 3rd pull in I was getting good clouds, and I must say great flavor and no harshness what so ever throughout the session.

One thing that I did notice was towards the end of the 10 minute session the unit did start to get hot almost to the point of being uncomfortable. I don’t have a problem with this as it was still able to be held and hit from easily but, by the time I noticed it, the session was over and the unit shut off. I wanted to see if I could take a few more pulls out of it so I turned the unit back on and used the boost feature to get it back up to temp. I was able to get about 3 more clouds out before vapor volume and flavor quality started to diminish. At that point I put the vape away. Definitely more efficient than my previous vape

The next day, I opened the oven and noticed that my material was fully spent and had a medium to dark brown color, perfect in my book. The material was packed into a perfect disk which easily broke up and poured out, after a quick brush the oven looked perfectly clean with no residue.

I did try using a lesser amount of material, about 2 small pinches using the same fine but not too find grind. I tamped to the same level that I was happy with as before and I used smart path 3. I noticed that I was getting a small amount of vapor which would increase if I extended the time between hits and used the boost option but still not huge. I checked the oven and the material was still a little green, I concluded that I didn’t have enough in there so I added 1 more pinch and lightly tamped. I then continued my session using SP3 with boost on every draw. I did see an increase in vapor but again not huge. After inspecting the oven I noticed that all of the material was the same medium brown color.

I would say that this is an area where a screen insert might want to be considered as an area for personal customization but is but is by no means detraction from the IQ’s intended function. If microdosing or ‘one hitting’ on the IQ is of interest to you, another method might be to pack more material and use a more mid-level flat heat profile so all of the material does not get spent in one session. With this you might be able to produce 3 or 4 small clouds rather than 1 big one and achieve the same effects.

Overall I am immensely satisfied with this vape on all levels of performance, build, design and user interface. I was happy that I did not need to experiment with it night after night to get the expected results. Thanks to all of the people contributing to this thread and giving me a head start. I also think that by design this vape is very user friendly right out of the box. Thanks to @DFavinci_vaporizer for being active in this thread.

As far as the QC issues that they have been going through, it’s understandable and to be expected. As long as Davinci stands by its warranty and either replaces or refunds its customers for failed units.

IMO There are 3 key elements that need to be considered in making the IQ perform above and beyond expectations:

Grind level – fine but not too fine

Level of dankness – I did not mention this but, the cure level of my material is best described as “ a crispy outside with an ever so slight stickiness on the inside”. In my past experience anything more than this will not produce big clouds and will take longer to vape. In the past I have found that if I let a bud sit outside of its container overnight I would get twice as much vapor as I did straight out of the container, it makes it easier to grind as well.

Tamping - not tight not loose but firm (Especially on smaller loads).

Extremely happy with the IQ and would recommend it to anyone looking for a portable vape.

So I downloaded the new update for the davinci app for android and it finally let me adjust the smart paths. Every time I tried setting the temperature my device would shut off with a full battery. After 4 "restarts" my device and app would let me actually adjust the smart path to whatever temperature I wanted at any interval. Wow this really changed this device for me. I now get great vapor production at pretty much any temperature whereas before I would barely get any. Now the IQ appears to be working like it should and this has vastly improved vapor production and the effects I get. However whenever I use a smart path a couple minutes into the session the IQ will just turn off. With a fully charged battery every couple minutes the IQ just turns off and I cannot seem to figure it out. It does this for every smart path. Does anybody else have issues with their device just shutting off?

Volteric

Just a note, I'm now SUPER impressed with my copper unit. I found that using an MFLB finishing grinder yielded bigger clouds than my China crank grinder held upside down.

Good luck to those experiencing issues. I truly think this is the best "On the go" vape out there.

Do you mind sharing what other portable vapes you have that you're comparing thus to? Thank you.

nacho257

Do you mind sharing what other portable vapes you have that you're comparing thus to? Thank you.
Pax 1, firefly 1, solo, MFLB are what Ive owned and can directly compare. It doesn't touch my Daisy/Peace in terms of clouds, full extraction, and taste, but the Daisy is SO different of a beast it's not really worth a comparison, plus there's no way I'd ever take it out of the house.

I'm also a HUGE fan of the integrated stir tool. I was traveling this weekend and thought I was gonna have to search for a toothpick or some shit, saved the day.

Davinci_vaporizer

Clean First Technology
Manufacturer
Hey guys! Just to give you an update on our shipping and order status. Here is a personal letter from our CEO. Also below you will find a schedule estimation of when we expect orders to ship. These dates are estimates we do expect to have these orders shipped out sooner than that.

Dear DaVinci Fans and Customers,

We are sincerely concerned for your experience while awaiting for your new IQ vaporizer and we would like to settle some of the anxiety.

By and large, demand is ahead of production. We are completing and sending units everyday and expect a full catch up by the end of the month.

We did experience a minor set back from color matching the Gunmetal and Blue anodization during assembly which is why some orders have been delayed. The color matching issue was solved and backorders are going out every afternoon.

Because DaVinci owns and operates its own production facility, we maintain tight control on QC and are optimized to implement corrections to the highest standards.

Your feedback is important to us and has helped build what we believe is the best premium vaporizer on the market. In our strive for perfection, we deeply feel the pain when our customers are not happy with our efforts. The folks at DaVinci work very hard to be the best vaporizer company in the industry and we thank you for your patience during our maturation.

We value the relationship we have with you and welcome every opportunity to become better at what we do,

Sincerely,

Cort Smith

Visioneer/CEO

shipping-schedule.png

Just to give everyone an update. Our shipping thread now has an estimated shipping schedule and message from our CEO.

Reggie Watts

Pax 1, firefly 1, solo, MFLB are what Ive owned and can directly compare. It doesn't touch my Daisy/Peace in terms of clouds, full extraction, and taste, but the Daisy is SO different of a beast it's not really worth a comparison, plus there's no way I'd ever take it out of the house.

I'm also a HUGE fan of the integrated stir tool. I was traveling this weekend and thought I was gonna have to search for a toothpick or some shit, saved the day.
I too traveled over the weekend and found the IQ to be a great travel companion. At one point I couldn't find my stir tool, but I had a backup ready with the keychain tool. (Turns out the other tool was in my backpack...misplaced it in a high state of mind.)

I've owned a Pax1, Pax2, Crafty, Mighty, Firefly2, and IQ. The IQ is my #1 stealth portable, edging the Crafty due to its user-replaceable battery and smart paths (which are especially useful on the go). The Mighty is my #1 home portable.

Mario Juan

Lovecombustion

I've only ever heard bad things about the Daisy, never mind such a glowing review on all fronts lol.

Forbin's Dog

I got mine in yesterday. It looks and feels beautiful. My first pack was tamped down to about 1/8" below the black border(pearl extended) and turned it on to 365F. I got about 5 or 6 draws in before I had to turn it off because I could feel the high coming on strong, and I still had things to do with my day. I came back later and turned it back on to 365F and hit it for the entire 10 minutes, getting whispy hits the entire time. Later i pressed my luck by stirring and cranking it up to 420F. I lost track of the number of hits, but I got at least 5 more whispy hits from it. These two and a half sessions left my battery needing a charge.

My second pack was about the same as far as amount goes(sorry, didn't weigh). This time I ground some different herb that was cured much better than the first into the mix. I started up Smart Path 2 and got up to around 7 hits, and they were very all very nice clouds. In fact, the last hits I took were just as big as the first few, if not bigger. I'm not sure how far I got into that Smart Path, but that was enough for me. I turned it off and figured I'll try it again later at Smart Path 3 and see how it produces. So far I'm very impressed and can't wait to play with it more later.

essie1

Check their facebook page - they have a long history of this kind of treatment to customers. Lying to their face, not honoring warranty for months or ever, not shipping pre order ascents for close to a year while customers are ignored - really eye opening when you see the backlash on their FB page. Might want to cancel.

https://www.facebook.com/DaVinciVaporizer

I only see 2 people complaining in the last 16 hours on their FB. I also see 1,215 customer reviews with a 8.57 / 10 score + 50K FB likes. Davinci shows up here on FC and gives us great product information and quality control info updates. As a future customer, I feel great becouse they talk seriously to their customers this way.

In my experiance, Davinci is an open manufacturer of probably worlds best handheld vape at the moment. Hope they will deliver EU shops soon!

edit: Oh, and I do not believe in things like FB :p

essie1

Like I said, I do not believe in things like FB. Maybe that wil change when they introduce a fact tracker :)

A few bad reviews out of ten, twenty, hundred? thousands of sales ... that says nothing to me.

What I do like is the way we get informed by Davinci, here on FC. I also like the video reviews that we can see online (Vape Critic and some others). The IQ is a killer machine i.m.o.

essie1,
Top Bottom