XxFourDubxX

Not sure if it's me, but after one 10 minute session at smart path 370-390 this device gets pretty warm. Usually at the ten minute mark I'll stir the chamber then run it at 430 for 3 more minutes. By then this thing is pretty hot. I mean you can still hold it but how safe is it on the battery? The battery gets pretty warm also. Does that mean it will degrade faster? @Aaron i medium grind my herb and I say I can fit about .5 packed fairly tight. Anymore than that it's hard to draw.

Baron23

@Aaron i medium grind my herb and I say I can fit about .5 packed fairly tight. Anymore than that it's hard to draw.

Wow, load size numbers all over the place. Looking back at this thread I see:

"Material Capacity: 1500ml" - DaVinci

"Yes we did mean microliters when describing the bowl. We've found that it fits about .7-1.2g depending on the grind." - DaVinci

"I agree to an extent, it does seem like this oven is smaller than the pax though, roughly 0.2ish, which is only slightly bigger than the 0.15 the pax becomes with pusher."

"1 - You can pack between .5-.7 grams in the oven to pack it full.
2- Yes you can pack less herbs and still vape. You can pack as little as .4 or .3g and vape nicely. The IQ also features a pearl which is adjustable and can reduce the volume of the bowl by 30% so you can vape less." - DaVinci

"Thank you for the email, I went to my supervisor and technician with the questions that were asked. Yes that is correct it will not minimize the chamber to that little but the chamber itself is not as big as our Davinci Ascent so its really not to big to begin with. At the moment I do not believe there will be a replaceable and bigger ball to minimize the bowl capacity I do apologize for that but like I said the development department did take that into consideration so they developed the IQ to not have that big of a chamber. I hope this helps with answering your questions" - DaVinci CS reply to a Vape Life forum member

"The pearl is also on a short threaded post what allows you to adjust the height of the pearl so that when you close it you can reduce the volume of your oven by 30%." - DaVinci

"The pearl in place and fully tightened is your oven seal keeping all of your herb packed inside your oven. When the pearl is fully extended you will be able to enjoy 30% reduction in bowl size....I hope that helps." - DaVinci

"2: The IQ bowl is about 30-40% smaller than that of the Ascent. The IQ is 1500ul and the Ascent was 2500ul." - DaVinci

"@vapen00b With the herb I have now, a full chamber is .30, and with the half pack it can go up to .15, however the screen is snug in the oven and stays in place, so you could use it to smash down .05 or .10 if you wanted." - Buzz Dankin referring to his screen oven reducer mod

So, is there a definitive answer on max load size? Is it .7 - 1.2 g as DiVinci first conveyed (which is a lot) or is it .5 - .7 g as conveyed later, or is it .5 g as @XxFourDubxX reported above.

My only hesitation is load size...max and what I can run as a reliable, good performing minimum load. This is an important criteria for me and if anybody feels like they really have a handle on load size based on their experience owning it (and owning a scale LOL), I would love to hear from you (@Reggie Watts maybe?)

mephisto

It seems that load size has become the sticking point with the IQ. I don't have definitive weight measurements, but I have had raging conductive success with a 1/2 oven, packed well, no spacer. No offense to those who are curious, I just can't remember this much concern with load volume from any vapes I have been involved with. Its a conduction vape, pack the fucking thing well, crank it up and rest easy knowing that the vape does not care how much is in it. It will still hold good flavor for conduction, and provide clouds, and has a removable battery, and software, and 10 year warranty, and then........

sorry for the shitty attitude, worked a tough one yesterday, nearly sucked a hole in the top of my head with my portable convection motivational device, and finally found my way to a better headspace. If you remove the piss and venom from the beginning of this, the IQ does well with any size load, well-packed.

edit for fresh diaper.......

Last edited:

XxFourDubxX

It seems that load size has become the sticking point with the IQ. I don't have definitive weight measurements, but I have had raging conductive success with a 1/2 oven, packed well, no spacer. No offense to those who are curious, I just can't remember this much concern with load volume from any vapes I have been involved with. Its a conduction vape, pack the fucking thing well, crank it up and rest easy knowing that the vape does not care how much is in it. It will still hold good flavor for conduction, and provide clouds, and has a removable battery, and software, and 10 year warranty, and then........

sorry for the shitty attitude, worked a tough one yesterday, nearly sucked a hole in the top of my head with my portable convection motivational device, and finally found my way to a better headspace. If you remove the piss and venom from the beginning of this, the IQ does well with any size load, well-packed.

My thoughts exactly. I don't worry about exact weight I just pack it so it's tight but not too tight where draw resistance is affected.

XxFourDubxX,

Davinci_vaporizer

Clean First Technology
Manufacturer
Hey Everyone! Happy Veterans Day!!!!

For those that are unaware today is Veterans day here in America where we take the day to honor the veterans that have served our country both foreign and domestic. If reflection of the holiday the United State Postal Service is closed for the day and not going any pickups or shipments. We are using this time to continue to pack and prep your orders for shipment. If you receive a shipping update today , please note that it will not ship out until Monday when the USPS resumes work. So if you are not seeing your tracking update over the weekend that is the reason.

If I have a brand new charged battery do I still need to charge the unit when it arrives? I would love to start using it asap.

If you have a charged up 18650 already then you are ahead of the game! Just pop it in and go!

So is it safe to assume nobody has a blue yet? I just haven't seen any pictures so nobody on here has one? Literally everyone is getting there's now except blues. You know, like people who didn't even pre order have shipments coming .... Sigh with ff2 Blues were behind too... Don't they get that it's a popular color

Blue vaporizers shipped out from the first day until we ran out of that first wave. IG might be a better media to see if pictures have started to get posted.

**Edit: To speak on the bowl size capacity questions a little. This is a conduction vaporizer so the more herb you have packing into your bowl and the more contact it can make with the heating oven the better results you will get.

Now in my opinion the IQ oven can work optimally with as little as .25g of herb depending on the grind and how it is packed hand picked chunks packed down firm would be best. The IQ oven can load as much as 1g-1.2g with super fine grinds again packed down but will effect draw resistance.

The sweet spot and the best way to pack the bowl IMO is to fill with .4-.7g of herb either hand picked or ground up herb and packed down to make good oven contact. You will get optimal vapor production and good draw resistance.

Last edited:

ld

Ok, now we're talking, I usually use my MFLB all day long taking a hit or two now and then. Is whatever amount I put in completely used up at the 10-minute shut off? Whether or not I'm vaping? Or can I manually shut it off for a little later?

nacho257

Do we have to wait for the battery to be fully charged? It has pass through charging right? So shouldn't we be able to plug and go, or is that bad for the battery?

ld

If you pack a full oven, you can use smart path 2 for a short bit, turn off and come back later and finish with smart path 3. That's how I do it and it retains decent flavor especially using a cooling draw after the power is turned off to help pull heat from the oven.

You know this "feeling", I got the table all set, knife (weed), fork (batteries), sauce... (grinder) now all I need is the steak (IQ).

Davinci_vaporizer

Clean First Technology
Manufacturer
Do we have to wait for the battery to be fully charged? It has pass through charging right? So shouldn't we be able to plug and go, or is that bad for the battery?

It is always better for the battery to fully charge before using it. I totally understand how hard it is to wait sometimes and especially for the first use. If you let the battery charge at least 25-30% and keep it plugged in you totally can use it while it continues to charge. I just wouldn't recommend doing that all the time.

I'd actually recommend getting 1-2 spare batteries that you can keep on a charger and never have to worry about it. Both batteries and 18650 battery chargers will be available on our website for purchase soon. That's where that $51 credit will come in handy.

You know this "feeling", I got the table all set, knife (weed), fork (batteries), sauce... (grinder) now all I need is the steak (IQ).

It will be juicy, delicious and cooked to perfection when it arrives man I promise.

So it says on the product page that there is a 10 year warranty. I got an email with a 2 year warranty notice. Can you please explain?

Yes the IQ has a 10 year manufactures warranty. Our previous products the Ascent and the Original DaVinci only have a 2 year warranty. You might have received the previous Ascent and OG DaVinci e-mail by mistake.

Aaron

It is always better for the battery to fully charge before using it. I totally understand how hard it is to wait sometimes and especially for the first use. If you let the battery charge at least 25-30% and keep it plugged in you totally can use it while it continues to charge. I just wouldn't recommend doing that all the time.

I'd actually recommend getting 1-2 spare batteries that you can keep on a charger and never have to worry about it. Both batteries and 18650 battery chargers will be available on our website for purchase soon. That's where that $51 credit will come in handy.

It will be juicy, delicious and cooked to perfection when it arrives man I promise.

Yes the IQ has a 10 year manufactures warranty. Our previous products the Ascent and the Original DaVinci only have a 2 year warranty. You might have received the previous Ascent and OG DaVinci e-mail by mistake.
Thanks for clearing it up!

aryo

Can someone post pics of the box and/or stealth packaging? I just wanna make sure that I don't get added to some list when it passes through customs before ordering it.

Also, do they include an invoice of some sort (anything with $ amounts) in the package?

Last edited:

vapen00b

Many vapes & accessories. Always happy to help
Yes you can Boost during Smart Path™. You would simply press and hold the control button while using the Smart Path™ to activate Boost. When you release you will activate Stand by and resume your Smart Path™. The Boost mode automatically heats your bowl to Max temp of 430°F this is not something that is adjustable as of yet.

How can it enter stand by and resume smart path at the same time? Some posts before that one, I understood 'stand by' means heater cooling down - but this wouldn't make sense as smart path's low end is 250F - and this would resume after boost..? Sorry, if mixed anything up...? :)

On another note, do you plan on implementing a "boost limiter" to the app software to adjust a max boost temp? I think @Shit Snacks asked something like that before. this would be a stunning feature and probably easy to do?

Thanks for your service! :)

oddjobold

Vape swap shop
How can it enter stand by and resume smart path at the same time? Some posts before that one, I understood 'stand by' means heater cooling down - but this wouldn't make sense as smart path's low end is 250F - and this would resume after boost..? Sorry, if mixed anything up...? :)

On another note, do you plan on implementing a "boost limiter" to the app software to adjust a max boost temp? I think @Shit Snacks asked something like that before. this would be a stunning feature and probably easy to do?

Thanks for your service! :)

+1

A boost limiter would also help using the vape "on demand"

Jerel56

So...got my IQ last night, charged it up and tried it this morning but something went horribly wrong....packed the bowl, hit button 5 times and it was on...then tried the app and located my device and it paired and it went to the smart path screen...all was good for a cpl seconds then the IQ went black and disconnected from the app, tried turning off/on and nothing...as I'm going back and forth with the app and device I try a pull to see what's up as it's still warm and it's total nasty combustion...temp keeps rising on a totally unresponsive IQ to the point I had to pull the battery out...complete pure black ash in the oven....ugh!!! I've cleaned every inch of it (soaked the chamber and MP while wiping everything else down) with iso and the app now recognizes it and it seems to turn on and off normally but haven't had the chance to try it yet and will do so tonight but, I'm now worried that my previously virgin IQ will be burnt for good with a terrible combustion flavor. I'd rather not send it back if it works OK now so open to any advice on further cleaning....thanks in advance for any help.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
So...got my IQ last night, charged it up and tried it this morning but something went horribly wrong....packed the bowl, hit button 5 times and it was on...then tried the app and located my device and it paired and it went to the smart path screen...all was good for a cpl seconds then the IQ went black and disconnected from the app, tried turning off/on and nothing...as I'm going back and forth with the app and device I try a pull to see what's up as it's still warm and it's total nasty combustion...temp keeps rising on a totally unresponsive IQ to the point I had to pull the battery out...complete pure black ash in the oven....ugh!!! I've cleaned every inch of it (soaked the chamber and MP while wiping everything else down) with iso and the app now recognizes it and it seems to turn on and off normally but haven't had the chance to try it yet and will do so tonight but, I'm now worried that my previously virgin IQ will be burnt for good with a terrible combustion flavor. I'd rather not send it back if it works OK now so open to any advice on further cleaning....thanks in advance for any help.

Sounds like a defective unit, you absolutely should be sending it back after that. Sucks but happens all the time with vapes unfortunately

nacho257

Just got mine, it's charging!! Probably won't wait for it to fully charge with pass through.....

Npt sure if I'm supposed to share the "surprise", but I was delighted!!

THIS HAPPENED TO ME TOO, copper one I just got today. I was able to catch it before anything bad happened, but beware when connecting. For reference in using iOS. My app seems buggy, reccomends folks stay away until they figure this out.

On the plus side, I LOVE it

Last edited by a moderator:

ld

I guess we will hopefully hear something from Davinci about the iOS issues. I'm expecting my copper iq Monday or Tuesday, should I just avoid the app for now? Any thoughts?

ld,

Vapor Loop

I'll be getting this or the haze square when its released for my next vape.

Why between these two? I ask because one is convection and one is conduction, And not even partial this partial that, These two claim full conduction I.q and full convection Square.

Vapor Loop,

Majordude2626

Why between these two? I ask because one is convection and one is conduction, And not even partial this partial that, These two claim full conduction I.q and full convection Square.

I've got a pax 1 and haze v3, but the I.Q. is intriguing with its smart paths, zirconia material, and discreet size. I've got an ff2 and its good, but 4 fresh chambers on convection, with no stirring could be really nice. I don't really need another but those two seem to offer something new, in a form factor that fits me.

Majordude2626,
Reactions: steama
Top Bottom