Volteric

Hey there! The Davinci Vaporizer app was only available in the US app store until today. You should see the Davinci Vaporizer app available for download in the international app stores for iOS in the next 24hrs.

An announcement date for Android users will be coming soon.

Whole pieces or flower are optimal. Ground material can fall out of the bottom of the flavor chamber where your vapor comes in. It can also flow up and clog your mouthpiece.

Yes you do need the app to set "custom' Smart Paths™ and the default paths will be available from the device no app needed. Once you download the app and begin to edit your path's to your own custom settings these new paths will be saved onto your devices memory to be used at any time. So for example, if I customize Smart Path™ 3 to my own personal session 350°-390° over the course of 10mins the app will save that new path to your device replacing the factory default settings.

To manage my expectations and wild imaginative hopes: if you only had flowers in the flavor chamber I assume you're not extracting vapor correct? So I'm trying to understand how it's optimal to put flower in there to enhance the flavor when it does not appear that oils or terpenes are vaped in the flavor chamber. What I'm really trying to deduce is if it's more a gimmick or an actual noticeable feature of this unit.

vapen00b

Many vapes & accessories. Always happy to help
@Davinci_vaporizer Here we go again, as my questions obviously fell under the table - was asking these two pages back and still hoping for enlightenment..
Thank you

@Davinci_vaporizer Do you plan on bringing out a spacer or something?
How can I understand the functionality of the "360 degree" heating? It's still unclear to me..
Also, how much will it cost (in €) when it hits EU retailer stores (updated info on that yet? Prior to December? Rather end of the year?)? Must confess I'm almost on the fence .. But ordering directly will add crazy customs fees launching it to more than 300€. No way I'd bite the bullet like that.

Thanks! :)

Trulukkyphrank

@Davinci_vaporizer Here we go again, as my questions obviously fell under the table - was asking these two pages back and still hoping for enlightenment..
Thank you

In the vapecritic forum someone phoned to davinci and davinci said they will bring soon a spacer for much smaller loadings..

Steteve-o is the man: http://forum.vapelife.com/discussion/731/pax-3-vs-davinci-iq/p1

I'm curious about that, what kind of spacer @Davinci_vaporizer ? it must be zirconia to keep the all ceramic vapor path, I hope for a bigger oven lid thing to attach instead of the ball, I know the size is limited bc of the open/close mechanism but the flexible post is a good base for an upgrade.

Aaron

1 - You can pack between .5-.7 grams in the oven to pack it full.
2- Yes you can pack less herbs and still vape. You can pack as little as .4 or .3g and vape nicely. The IQ also features a pearl which is adjustable and can reduce the volume of the bowl by 30% so you can vape less.

So can we actually load up .5-.7g and get an even vape with the IQ, or is .3 g the max? Just saw the review and I'm pretty sure he said .3 was the max load. Can anyone else confirm this? I just grabbed the stealth colored one and am pretty excited for it.

Had an iolite over 6+ years ago and really loved it when my tolerance was lower. Hoping this IQ is able to handle over .3 so I won't need to carry around extra flowers when I'm on the go.

ld

Can someone please tell me if these batteries are recommended? I bought them prior to seeing others listed in this forum. I can return them, especially since I haven't received my IQ yet.

This item:3500mAh TWO ORBTRONIC 18650 High Drain PANASONIC Button Top Li-ion 3.7V Batteries - High Performance $27.91

ld,

XeroRespect

This too shall PAX...
For those interested, the Hercules oil cartridge Titamiun mesh wicks fit nicely in the IQ chamber. Would need two of them for a half pack in my estimation. I have only test fit in an empty chamber, but imagine the ceramic ball would sit nicely in the center of it. I only have one at the moment but may test it with a 3/4 pack. At $10 each, not the cheapest or most ideal option.

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
Hm guys I'm sorry I made a mistake, the 13A rating for the Samsung 35E is for the maximum discharge, the continuous rating is only 8A so it won't cut it. I should have double checked and not rely on the FT page, my bad...

LG MH1 is still ok, LG MJ1 is really on the limit but should work, Panasonic NCR18650GA is ok too. Then all the usual lower capacity but above 10A cells will work of course.

@ld : I don't know for the Orbtronics but the price seems a bit high for what is likely a rewrap. Try to stick to the 4 manufacturers really having factories (LG, Sony, Samsung, Panasonic/Sanyo)

Davinci_vaporizer

Clean First Technology
Manufacturer
thank you @Davinci_vaporizer, the app is now online on the 'eu apple store', unfortunately i cannot log in with the username and password i use on the davinci website, do we have to make a new account and password on the app?
thanx!

The account that you create on the DaVinci App is separate from your account on our website.

To manage my expectations and wild imaginative hopes: if you only had flowers in the flavor chamber I assume you're not extracting vapor correct? So I'm trying to understand how it's optimal to put flower in there to enhance the flavor when it does not appear that oils or terpenes are vaped in the flavor chamber. What I'm really trying to deduce is if it's more a gimmick or an actual noticeable feature of this unit.

If you only load herbs into your flavor chamber and leave your oven empty you will not receive any visible vapor. I have personally filled a flavor chamber full of bud and tried to vape it with no herbs in the oven. I set it to max temp to tray and get the air as hot as I could before it entered the flavor chamber and over my herbs. My first 5-10 hits all tasted fantastic. I wish I could inhale air that tasted that good at all times. After several more hits I stopped getting the flavor and I was essentially just breathing in hot air. So as the hot vapor/air from the oven travels over the herb in the flavor chamber it carries enough heat to lift off some of the terps.

Thank you

We are hoping to have the DaVinci IQ will be available for EU distributors by the end of the year. I don't have an exact number on how much the IQ will cost in €. I would assume its exact conversion from the $279 USD price to roughly €260.

As far as the 360° heating. The herb receives heat from all sides. The entire bowl is made of a ceramic heating element leaving only an opening for you to fill in your herb. When the oven door is closed the Pearl occupies this space. The Pearl is made of a conductive zirconia ceramic which absorbs heat from the oven and then transfers that heat back into your bowl so now providing heat to the open end of your oven.

Forbin's Dog

Hm guys I'm sorry I made a mistake, the 13A rating for the Samsung 35E is for the maximum discharge, the continuous rating is only 8A so it won't cut it. I should have double checked and not rely on the FT page, my bad...

LG MH1 is still ok, LG MJ1 is really on the limit but should work, Panasonic NCR18650GA is ok too. Then all the usual lower capacity but above 10A cells will work of course.

Thanks for the heads up. Is this true @Davinci_vaporizer that the Samsung 35E and LG MJ1 should probably not be used with the IQ?

Davinci_vaporizer

Clean First Technology
Manufacturer
Hey Guys! We have some exciting news! The Android version of the Official DaVinci app will be available on the Google Play store in the next 24 hours. This will be a beta version of the full app, we felt it important to meet demand and provide the best user experience by releasing a slightly limited version.

With this version you will have access to the following;

· Ability to register your device

· Login to your user account

· Edit your user profile

· Connect to and add your IQ to My Devices

· Edit your IQ name

· Change your IQ settings (brightness, haptic feedback, etc)

· Sync your IQ with your device dashboard to control precision temp and select Smart Paths™

· Visit the official DaVinci online store

· Access to our IQ info and support page where you will find FAQ’s, walkthroughs, and troubleshooting videos.

We will announce when the full version is available for update! Enjoy!

Thanks for the heads up. Is this true @Davinci_vaporizer that the Samsung 35E and LG MJ1 should probably not be used with the IQ?

The LG MJ1 would be fine. The Samsung 35E on the other hand would not be. The Samsung is an 8A battery. The IQ requires a 10A minimum.

Last edited:

blackstone

[USER=22926 said:
@vapen00b[/USER]]Do you plan on bringing out a spacer or something?

someone phoned to davinci and davinci said they will bring soon a spacer for much smaller loadings..
I'm curious about that, what kind of spacer...

If this had been tailored, or easily tailor-able for very small loads, and was set up for smell..
(I kept thinking the Pax would smell less with end caps)
But I think Davinci do sell a smell bag, so if this was set up for small loads from the start, I might have already broke my potholed bank account.
or,

the Smart Path™ to my wallet would be an infinitely adjustable bowl!

I'm not allowed buy anything for myself for anooother while now:bang::uhoh::freak:
but do aim to give this one a go one day.

I would also be ferociously interested in another low profile MP that doesn't stick out as much as the pipe, yet also doesn't look like it might deposit any goo on your front teeth like the first low profile one (I think a S&B easy valve MP might manage this just about, for reference). And I'm pleased that the configuration might allow for this in the future, even by a third party if not the maker.

Keep up the great work DaVinci:tup:

The Nail

What batteries specifically are you guys buying as replacements for the IQ? This is my first experience with a vape that uses 18650 batteries, and I'm not sure which to go with as backups. A lot of people seem to love the LG HG2, but it comes in at 3000mAh instead of the 3500mAh that the IQ is rated for. I don't find many well known brands offering 3500mAh 18650's specifically. Can anyone lend some info or share a link on what to look for in a quality replacement battery? I'm a total n00b when it comes to battery knowledge.

The DaVinci guy said in one of the first posts they were using Sanyo batteries. So I ordered Sanyo (Panasonic) NCR18650GA batteries 3500mAh, 10A. He said these were compatible with the IQ.
Also ordered a Nitecore D2 charger. Now all I need is some herb and the IQ :D

The Nail,

Reggie Watts

Has anyone tried vaping kief in their IQ yet?
Not pure kief, but I ground some herbs into a fine powder. It vaped great, but the stuff got sucked right up into the oven holes, into the flavor chamber, into the mouthpiece, and a little in my mouth. I had to do an "emergency cleaning" right after that session, lol. Maybe I was drawing too hard, but those oven holes are definitely large enough to let that happen. And when it gets into that little space between the oven and flavor chamber, that's really hard to clean. Hopefully that doesn't accumulate significantly.

Honestly, it's not necessary to grind that fine. I was getting equally dense vapor with a moderate grind that didn't get sucked out of the oven. If you wanna vape kief, I'd sandwich it between some thicker material.

Forbin's Dog

The DaVinci guy said in one of the first posts they were using Sanyo batteries. So I ordered Sanyo (Panasonic) NCR18650GA batteries 3500mAh, 10A. He said these were compatible with the IQ.
Also ordered a Nitecore D2 charger. Now all I need is some herb and the IQ :D

Thanks, I must have missed that somehow. I was able to get in contact with the guys at IMRBatteries.com in enough time that they were able to swap out the Samsung 35E for the Sanyo NCR18650GA. My order had already been fulfilled and was just waiting on shipping and they were still able to help me out. I'd definitely recommend them for Battery purchases, but that might already be known around these parts. Thanks to @KeroZen for letting me know about this in time and @Davinci_vaporizer for the information.

Reggie Watts

so. is the IQ a Crafty Killer??

it wins at least 4 major categories:

battery life
discretion
full control including precise temps. without the app
quicker heat up time

all thats left really is vapor quality and efficiency..... who wins?
Not a killer, but a worthy competitor. Crafty/Mighty have less draw resistance, more even extraction with no stirring, and slightly better flavor IMO - but that's probably due to their convection/conduction hybrid properties. S&B really struck the perfect balance with that.

cloraform

Eeeeeeeeeeee! I just got my IQ, holy shit is it small! It's with me in my work van and as soon as I'm done repairing this chiller I'm driving home over the moon to dig into it!!!

What a great feeling device. I love the weight of it. Will report back after a sesh!!

ar30laa

Eeeeeeeeeeee! I just got my IQ, holy shit is it small! It's with me in my work van and as soon as I'm done repairing this chiller I'm driving home over the moon to dig into it!!!

What a great feeling device. I love the weight of it. Will report back after a sesh!!

What was the date your ordered and color and I hope you enjoy as you can see still waiting on mine lol

cloraform

What was the date your ordered and color and I hope you enjoy as you can see still waiting on mine lol
Sept 26 stealth. I think I was forgotten about over there lol

This thing is the best thing ever lol. I won't lie it hits like a champion for me. I have had mflb, pax 1/2, air and most combustible dealies and this one took me back to my bong days of yacking up a lung.

Worth the wait thanks IQ!

Top Bottom