OldOyler

Fire it again. I can still find the ground.
The problem I am having is the battery is draining on its own. I placed a brand new battery directly purchased from davinci in it Friday night , fully charged to 4.2v on a nitecore charger, did one session and went to use it The next day only to find it was almost completely drained and at 1 bar. I did notice when the unit is powered off I can hit the arrow down button and the lights on the buttons will Light up. Is anyone else experiencing something like this ?
Yup.

Mine will also show "low battery" and shut off anytime the battery is at 50%.

I will be sending mine back this week. They're cs has been really good so far for me.

When it worked? I would review it like @whereskarlo - amazing.

Peace!

OldOyler,

whereskarlo

Yup.

Mine will also show "low battery" and shut off anytime the battery is at 50%.

I will be sending mine back this week. They're cs has been really good so far for me.

When it worked? I would review it like @whereskarlo - amazing.

Peace!
Mine does this as well. I don't know if it really means it has drained however, or if its just a software bug. It could be tested by ignoring the warning and keep using the vaporizer until it turns off by itself. If you got 3-4 more sessions the battery was probably not empty, and the warning just triggers too early.

whereskarlo,

almost there

Mine does this as well. I don't know if it really means it has drained however, or if its just a software bug. It could be tested by ignoring the warning and keep using the vaporizer until it turns off by itself. If you got 3-4 more sessions the battery was probably not empty, and the warning just triggers too early.
Having had 2 IQ's, I can say sometimes the battery sensor is accurate and sometimes not, if u have 2 extra batteries then it doesn't quite matter. When I first got my first IQ I was obsessed with charting the battery drainage because I didn't have a spare and I hated carrying around the cord. Save yourself the grief and just have extra batteries, they're roughly $7 a pop and well worth the peace of mind.

Justpassedu

Having had 2 IQ's, I can say sometimes the battery sensor is accurate and sometimes not, if u have 2 extra batteries then it doesn't quite matter. When I first got my first IQ I was obsessed with charting the battery drainage because I didn't have a spare and I hated carrying around the cord. Save yourself the grief and just have extra batteries, they're roughly $7 a pop and well worth the peace of mind.
I have extra batteries but at almost $300 i want a device that works properly , i don't like having to carry extra if i know i will only be doing 2-4 sessions , extra weight in my pocket.

whereskarlo

Are these batteries ok for the IQ? Since half the brands of 18650 seem to be crap or dangerous they are quite hard to shop for.

OldOyler

Yeah, and amen to BOTH almost_there and justpassedu.

Just had my "standard IQ experience" a half hour ago.

Fully charged LG H2 3000mah battery. The first PrecisionMode session at 386F is the DREAM DAVINCI IQ that I hoped for. The session times out OR I power it off.

About ten minutes later I am ready to really hit it hard and finish it - I have taken maybe 6 pulls the first session.

Within moments after hitting target temp (386F) it starts feeling hot to the touch - the whole unit.

Then, before the end of the PrecisionMode session, it shows me 2 battery dots as an indicator my battery is dying.

If I continue and push through that session? Too hot to hold except for a few seconds, and then...

After that session times out, the battery reads dead and won't power on with it. Just keeps turning itself off. Battery indicator without powering it on shows 2 dots.

It did this with the battery it came with, a spare 3500mah from them, and now my third LG H2.

It then takes a good 20 minutes to truly cool down, I can empty it, clean it, replace the battery, etc.

I can pull this off for traveling outside the house, but not for my all day use. I wanted a portable so I could use it room to room - I'm disabled and stuck changing my views that way. :lol:

When it works, the coolest and most flavorful experience...astounding.

I am hoping a correctly working IQ will bring my smiles back. :tup:

Peace and good things everyone.

EDIT: Hey @whereskarlo I got mine that worked great (as in no different than the stock, and actually run the unit a little cooler, $35 for a 4-pack) here: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01C7YBXRU/

almost there

Are these batteries ok for the IQ? Since half the brands of 18650 seem to be crap or dangerous they are quite hard to shop for.
I just went with the easy solution and bought a pair of the Sanyo NCR18650's from IMRbatteries.com because that was what Davinci used and IMR is a reputable vendor. Prior to the IQ I never owned anything that required such batteries so I had no knowledge about all the technical details

@Davinci_vaporizer the heat from my unit never bothered me but that's because I have carpel tunnel and it actually makes the tightness feel better. Nonetheless how's about making some cool silicon pads like the ones guys at the gym use to grip the bar. It won't cost u guys much, u can print it with ur logo and include it as a complementary accessory. By this point it's silly to deny that some people find the unit too hot, it'll be a nice gesture and I think the PR will help with business.

@whereskarlo I'm quite sorry, I really don't know. Though it may seem like I've been doing this a while, I'm probably much newer to vaping than most of you here. If u search thru this thread I think somewhere in the pages 30-40 someone listed 4 or 5 different batteries and @Davinci_vaporizer gave his thoughts about them. What I do know is always buy from a reputable vendor, scary stuff not worth saving the $2-3

Last edited:

whereskarlo

Fully charged LG H2 3000mah battery. The first PrecisionMode session at 386F is the DREAM DAVINCI IQ that I hoped for. The session times out OR I power it off.

About ten minutes later I am ready to really hit it hard and finish it - I have taken maybe 6 pulls the first session.

Within moments after hitting target temp (386F) it starts feeling hot to the touch - the whole unit.

Then, before the end of the PrecisionMode session, it shows me 2 battery dots as an indicator my battery is dying.

If I continue and push through that session? Too hot to hold except for a few seconds, and then...

After that session times out, the battery reads dead and won't power on with it. Just keeps turning itself off. Battery indicator without powering it on shows 2 dots.

It did this with the battery it came with, a spare 3500mah from them, and now my third LG H2.

It then takes a good 20 minutes to truly cool down, I can empty it, clean it, replace the battery, etc.

I can pull this off for traveling outside the house, but not for my all day use. I wanted a portable so I could use it room to room - I'm disabled and stuck changing my views that way. :lol:

EDIT: Hey @whereskarlo I got mine that worked great (as in no different than the stock, and actually run the unit a little cooler, $35 for a 4-pack) here: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01C7YBXRU/

That definitely doesn't sound right. Mine lasts for 3-5 sessions before battery blinks low. It does get hot but hasn't shut off by itself. Was yours like this from the beginning or did the problem present itself gradually?

OldOyler

That definitely doesn't sound right. Mine lasts for 3-5 sessions before battery blinks low. It does get hot but hasn't shut off by itself. Was yours like this from the beginning or did the problem present itself gradually?
After two days.

I have had it for about 11 days now, has been like this for about 9 of them.

Initially, I had a day where it looked like the new batteries were rolling in PrecisionMode.

Then I used Smartpath 2 again, and it has never gotten back to normal, even with several factory resets.

Peace bud!

OldOyler,

almost there

@OldOyler that doesn't sound normal from my experience. My original unit had a faulty oven that kept dropping temps after a draw. Battery life on that was about 30-40mins because the unit was draining the battery to reach target after each draw. Second IQ, battery life averages 50ish minutes with the last 2 sessions taking more time to heat up but it'll still work. Definitely seems to be an issue with this current production line if everyone here with this problem just received their's.
PS-they do sell replacement flavor chambers, maybe they're all out. If CS approves ur RMA, u can keep all ur accessories so u will have an extra set of everything. It's a small consolation.

Justpassedu

I had contacted @Davinci_vaporizer with my issue , hoping you all can help make this a speedy process. Besides my battery issue i am having Random experiences with the buttons not working properly , Shut off mid session once or twice and my battery door when closed can sometimes pop open on its own , most concerning is how my cells are draining on there own overnight.

mattyboy71

@OldOyler that doesn't sound normal from my experience. My original unit had a faulty oven that kept dropping temps after a draw. Battery life on that was about 30-40mins because the unit was draining the battery to reach target after each draw. Second IQ, battery life averages 50ish minutes with the last 2 sessions taking more time to heat up but it'll still work. Definitely seems to be an issue with this current production line if everyone here with this problem just received their's.
PS-they do sell replacement flavor chambers, maybe they're all out. If CS approves ur RMA, u can keep all ur accessories so u will have an extra set of everything. It's a small consolation.

Sorta the same experience. Justpassedu
I can charge my 3000MAH batteries to 100%. But the IQ shows one dot not lit up. I have since ordered the exact 3500mah battery from IMR. Hope to get them and a new charger at the end of the week.

Another oddity and point of frustration is this......... IQ was fully charged ( minus 1 dot ) Saturday. Kept the IQ in garage and did not use all weekend. This morning it was totally dead. WTH... So, I'm thinking maybe it's because of the cool temps -- 40's -- . So, I charge the battery all morning to 99% and drop it in my iq. Like normal it shows one dot not lit. Head to work and come back for late lunch and now 2 dots not lit up. Battery literally just sitting in the device and somehow draining down. This is a 3000mah I bought locally. The battery that came w the device is already been tossed.

@Davinci_vaporizer -- is this a known issue of the battery just draining down w no usage? Thank u

I had contacted @Davinci_vaporizer with my issue , hoping you all can help make this a speedy process. Besides my battery issue i am having Random experiences with the buttons not working properly , Shut off mid session once or twice and my battery door when closed can sometimes pop open on its own , most concerning is how my cells are draining on there own overnight.

Same exact issue w batteries draining themselves while device is off.

Just posted about it and tagged u.

Last edited by a moderator:

almost there

Sorta the same experience. Justpassedu
I can charge my 3000MAH batteries to 100%. But the IQ shows one dot not lit up. I have since ordered the exact 3500mah battery from IMR. Hope to get them and a new charger at the end of the week.

Another oddity and point of frustration is this......... IQ was fully charged ( minus 1 dot ) Saturday. Kept the IQ in garage and did not use all weekend. This morning it was totally dead. WTH... So, I'm thinking maybe it's because of the cool temps -- 40's -- . So, I charge the battery all morning to 99% and drop it in my iq. Like normal it shows one dot not lit. Head to work and come back for late lunch and now 2 dots not lit up. Battery literally just sitting in the device and somehow draining down. This is a 3000mah I bought locally. The battery that came w the device is already been tossed.

@Davinci_vaporizer -- is this a known issue of the battery just draining down w no usage? Thank u
an easy way to confirm if it's the IQ is to totally charge the battery and not keep it in the unit. Next morning load the battery and see if the results are the same.

Anybody get their Davinci points for their IQ purchase? I still can't pin CS down for that whenever I ask

Last edited:

Scoopster

Hey folks,
Let my IQ get a bit more gunked up than usual. Cleaning was still pretty easy but I was a bit aggressive pushing an alcohol soaked q-tip into the rubber gasket between the flavor chamber (removed from device) and the oven. When reassembling I'm finding that the gasket is not grabbing the flavor chamber, feels prtty loose. If I was to tip the IQ upside down the flavor chamber would fall out. It doesnt look like I displaced or dammaged the gasket but I dont recall it being that loose before. Anyone experience this?

I'm thinking that when the cover is closed the flavor chamber is going to be pushed up against the gasket enough to get a seal when in use so I'm not totally freaked just curious.

almost there

Hey folks,
Let my IQ get a bit more gunked up than usual. Cleaning was still pretty easy but I was a bit aggressive pushing an alcohol soaked q-tip into the rubber gasket between the flavor chamber (removed from device) and the oven. When reassembling I'm finding that the gasket is not grabbing the flavor chamber, feels prtty loose. If I was to tip the IQ upside down the flavor chamber would fall out. It doesnt look like I displaced or dammaged the gasket but I dont recall it being that loose before. Anyone experience this?

I'm thinking that when the cover is closed the flavor chamber is going to be pushed up against the gasket enough to get a seal when in use so I'm not totally freaked just curious.
It's normal. After a cleaning there's no longer that gunk as u discribed glueing the chamber in place. A few more days and it'll be sitting tight again

@OldOyler i registered the original purchase 2 months ago, still waiting for those points. Monica said last week that it'll be updated in 3-4 days, they're waiting till the delivery has been made successfully? I told her the order was received almost 3 months ago but got no response since I've told her that.

Last edited:

cobra505

Defined
So just did a session and it was one of my quick 4 min ones and it kept going and going and going, so I was like what the hell. Went to the phone. All of my quick paths was reset to factory. Now I know I didn't do it because not all of the setting were reset just the smartpaths, weird!

Davinci_vaporizer

Clean First Technology
Manufacturer
Surprisingly, their little carry case I ordered? Even with the spent herb, once the IQ was in there - bang, not even a whiff over the remaining 30 minutes.

The Black carry case has a smell resistant zipper that helps block any odors or smells.

Don't buy batteries from Amazon. Even when you think you're buying legit batteries you still run a good chance of getting a cheap counterfeit Chinese battery. Buy your batteries from IMRbatteries or another reputable battery seller. Cost might be a couple dollars extra but at least you'll know what you see is what you get, but at all costs stick away from Amazon for 18650s.

With that being said I'd highly recommend the LG HG2 batteries. They work very well for the IQ.

I would have to agree. I personally haven't had great success with 18650 batteries on amazon. The good batteries are usually overpriced and the cheap ones are usually counterfeit or dangerous. IMRbatteries is a great resource or your local vape shop.

hey guys quick question? Is it normal for the flavor chamber to really limit the airflow? I checked the Chamber & cleaned it real good but the flow with it & without it is a world of difference. Just don't thing it should be so much.

The Flavor chamber creates a seal between the oven and the mouthpiece and acts as the air path of the vaporizer. When it is removed there are additional air gaps that are created and actually decrease vapor production. It also removes the air path from the vaporizer so your vapor leaves a residue on the inside of your vaporizer.

Edit- so I went and took a look after I replied and indeed I wouldn't recommend taking the chamber out. U see how that rubber gasket at the bottom of the mouth piece forms a seal with the top of the chamber, now imagine vapor escaping to coat all over ur pick and battery door bc there's a grove on the side between flavor chamber and the pick.

Yes this exactly describes what I mentioned above.

Can someone point me to a link of the 10mm adapter for the nectar collector hummingbird . Davinci no longer has the complete set on their website. And can't find the adapter on nectars.

Or any small bubbler that works with a 10mm input . Ty for your help

We are currently out of stock on that item. When items go out of stock they are removed from the website.

I am miffed that they don't sell the flavor chamber as a replaceable accessory - they sell replacement mouthpieces and the pearl.

Same situation as my above post. We are currently out of stock which is why they do not appear on the website.

Got your DM. Sent you a reply.

mattyboy71

ok. So the battery saga continues. Beyond frustrating.
I charged a 3000MAH I just bought locally on Monday to 100%. I then let it set on my desk for 24 hrs and checked the charge. It was at 97%. So, that tells me the battery is holding a normal charge by itself.

I then added that battery to the IQ. It showed a full charge minus one dot like usual. I kept the device on for 3-5 seconds. 24 hours have passed and I just checked the IQ. It did not turn on. Checked the battery level w the charger and it was at 0% . WTF.

Why would that happen? I did touch the device yesterday late afternoon and thought I noticed a tiny bit of heat but I could not 100% confirm this as happening or not. It was very subtle and I dismissed it. But...clearly something is going on. I have done the hard reset a couple of times as well and have never used the app smart paths. I've used this device 2 times . Total of maybe 10 minutes.

I'm about done w this device. Help....

mattyboy71,
Reactions: BigJr48

almost there

I charged a 3000MAH I just bought locally on Monday to 100%. I then let it set on my desk for 24 hrs and checked the charge. It was at 97%. So, that tells me the battery is holding a normal charge by itself.

I then added that battery to the IQ. It showed a full charge minus one dot like usual. I kept the device on for 3-5 seconds. 24 hours have passed and I just checked the IQ. It did not turn on. Checked the battery level w the charger and it was at 0% . WTF.

Why would that happen? I did touch the device yesterday late afternoon and thought I noticed a tiny bit of heat but I could not 100% confirm this as happening or not. It was very subtle and I dismissed it. But...clearly something is going on. I have done the hard reset a couple of times as well and have never used the app smart paths. I've used this device 2 times . Total of maybe 10 minutes.

hey, sorry to hear that. By this point the only thing left to do is hit Davinci up in every way possible and request for a RMA. The process doesn't seem to be too bad once you get them to authorize the RMA. Try to be patient, I wish u the best

Justpassedu

I had the same problem , two stock batteries direct from davinci dead in one day when left in my Iq , purchased a Samsung 30q to get me by , left in overnight , dead and will not take a charge now. The stock red cells will take a charge but take forever . Sent my IQ back yesterday , hoping to get a new unit and quickly. If it helps i spoke with Tim over at Davinci , he was very nice and wanted to do his best to help me out , try calling and ask for him , i am sure he will get it all sorted out.

cobra505

Defined
Damn Davinci, first their out of the bubblers now their out of the glass spacers. Lump that with the crappy batteries, what the hell.

So has anyone found any other places that sells accessories yet besides the batteries or is Davinci still the only game in town so far? I went to there store locator fun stuff even there store locators don't carry there stuff. Didn't check them all but checked at least 15 or so in the US.

Last edited by a moderator:
cobra505,
Reactions: BigJr48
Top Bottom