dimitri

trying the vtc6 sony... indeed less hot as some members mentioned.
i had some samsung instead of the shitty sanyo that came with it (the sanyo would run super hot..)

now a minor issue i faced over the week is that the IQ wouldn't turn on.. even if the led /button was showing light...

after 3-4 removals of the battery (any) and opening closing the batt lid.. it worked.. :/

so heat factor less 2 high
1. sony vtc6
2. samsung 30a
3. sanyo :p

Last edited:
dimitri,
Reactions: cooper

BMvape

trying the vtc6 sony... indeed less hot as some members mentioned.
i had some samsung instead of the shitty sanyo that came with it (the sanyo would run super hot..)

now a minor issue i faced over the week is that the IQ wouldn't turn on.. even if the led /button was showing light...

after 3-4 removals of the battery (any) and opening closing the batt lid.. it worked.. :/

so heat factor less 2 high
1. sony vtc6
2. samsung 30a
3. sanyo :p
Any noticeable difference in duration between the 3?

BMvape,

dimitri

i'm not choronometering the sessions as i dont even use it on a daily basis...
this requires extensive testing if i do i'll let you know!

;)

dimitri,

dimitri

i'm not choronometering the sessions as i dont even use it on a daily basis...
this requires extensive testing if i do i'll let you know!

;)
VTC6 is better in time... but could it be it's brand new while my Samsung isn't at all...
So finally the test is a bit unfair

Heatwise really minor differences...

For those who get their hands hot... don't hold the IQ from the edges, rather with your fingers front/back (led lights/back)

dimitri,

Randy Lahey

So really not happy that my second IQ has a lid that pops open and the unit shuts off if I move it an inch. I have to give props to DaVinci. I really want an IQ2 because Im fed up, but the credit they give you is minimal and you still have to pay a ton for the unit. Out of principle I wont, since the IQ was expensive enough. But they are sending me a second IQ so Im impressed they are standing by their warranty. Hope this one works..

Randy Lahey,

disGRUNTled

Got some Orange Mints dusted off The Davinci IQ, do not use it often but it is still working like day 1.
IMG-2295.jpg

IMG-2285.jpg

IMG-2305.jpg

Penny Wise

But they are sending me a second IQ so Im impressed they are standing by their warranty. Hope this one works..
It's really good to hear they're so good about warranty claims, even if they're slow at the moment. Big thanks to you and @BMvape for your insight into that. I kinda feel bad for you guys! My IQ has none of the issues mentioned besides the top cap popping open easily when the mouthpiece gasket isn't perfectly inserted into the cap, but I just take my time when I'm swapping them and it eliminates the issue.

@dimitri, if you're looking for a cool-running battery the VTC6 is an excellent contender. That's my preferred high-capacity battery too. Also look at the LG HG2 and Samsung 30Qs; the 30Qs in particular are excellent for this vape because they have double the power cycles most Li-ion cylinders do (~300 vs. the normal ~150 but halve that because of heat stress). I've heard good things about the Samsung 35E as well; the 35E is higher capacity (I believe it's 3500mAh) and the power draw from the oven is so minimal (I estimated 10-13w with an online battery drain calculator) that amp limit isn't very important. You could use down to a 5A battery, though the voltage drop may be big with a CDR that low.

I'm basically necroposting this thread, but I promise it's for good reason! 😂 I made a video recently for some reddit people that shows you how to clean the IQ's gunk trap out. It's pretty amateurish but it's right here for the interested. I do it daily but I use my IQ a ton, it's my daily driver right now. I run about 1.5g through it a day so that necessitates a lot more maintenance.

Penny Wise,
Reactions: lisifi

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
I posted this in the IQ2 thread as I’m awaiting one. Thought I may have a better chance here of a response. Thanks.

Anyone using a BCG Grinder with their IQ2, curious of any preferences, in FINE or MEDIUM grind plate?

RustyOldNail,

RustyOldNail

@BMvape I got my dosing pods from @Davinci_vaporizer. The are nice and the included silicon storage is convenient. They fit the original IQ perfectly though Im don’t think the pods will work for me. Vapor production is minimal. Maybe it would be fine for a super microdoser who only wants wispy hits. It’s funny you were told they wouldn’t work and I was told they would. I need to try a couple more experiments with different variables. If I come up with a solution I’ll be sure to let everyone know.

Last week I got the IQ2, but wanted to read this whole thread.

I left a similar comment in the IQ2 thread about the DOSAGE PODS, useless in my opinion. This week my zirconium inserts will arrive, and I can try reducing the bowl size, they no longer include FREE inserts, not very IQ SMART!

The Stray Fox

Separated from the group
Last week I got the IQ2, but wanted to read this whole thread.

I left a similar comment in the IQ2 thread about the DOSAGE PODS, useless in my opinion. This week my zirconium inserts will arrive, and I can try reducing the bowl size, they no longer include FREE inserts, not very IQ SMART!
The inserts work great for reducing the bowl size. I put the herb in then tamp it down with an insert.

RustyOldNail

I just posted this in the IQ2 thread, in response to a user that only uses the PODS:

Thanks for taking your time to share your experience. I just haven’t had any success getting decent amount of vapor from a pod, even at 430f. So far with an immediate iso QTip swab out after brushing bowl, the bowl looks like new, so that is not such a real plus for using pods to keep bowl cleaner. I do only use pods in my Mighty, but I’m finding the IQ2’s glass lined bowl cleans up nice if you stay on top of it.

I just received the Zirconia Spacers, and am testing them. So far I’ve tried the 10mm large one, and have found like most, they work better if loaded LAST, after the flower in the bowl. I was hoping they would work the same if inserted first, to help reduce the amount of tiny herbs getting into the vapor path, and clogging the mouthpiece, as well as making it easier to then be able to judge by eye, how much flower to load on top. BUT, even at higher temperatures, there is a lot less vapor at the same settings, only changing the top/bottom position of the spacer. With the flower first, then the spacer on top, in my second test, I probably put too much in, heated fine, until higher temperatures, then the flower must have expanded, the draw was way to tight at the end.

The heating efficiency is noticeably better with the spacer on top, so I’m going to now have to do some flower weight measurements, so I can just scoop in the exact amount before placing the spacer on top, gentle tamp, let the ball just touch and hold the spacer. This should make it easier to duplicate future loads.

I’ve tested both medium and fine grinds in my BCG, and watched and read as many reviews and articles that originally stated you “NEED A FINE GRIND, PACKED TIGHT”, but now even newer Davinci articles state a medium grind works best, as well as more recent articles. I’ve found this to be true for me and my grinder. The fine grind even lightly tamped really increased the draw RESISTANCE, and the tiny flower bits were clogging up the tiny holes in the mouthpiece, and adding a lot more bits to the flavor chamber. I don’t mind cleaning, but having to do it twice as often, made me decide to stick with a MEDIUM GRIND, and just use amount and light tamp as my variables, as well as the airflow control.

RustyOldNail,

BMvape

It looks like the davinci website is only offering the IQ2 and Miqro now. Have the other models, particularly the original IQ, been discontinued? Wonder how this affects the warranty.

Davinci_vaporizer

Clean First Technology
Manufacturer
It looks like the davinci website is only offering the IQ2 and Miqro now. Have the other models, particularly the original IQ, been discontinued? Wonder how this affects the warranty.
The IQ not being on the website and available does not affect warranty. Currently we are working through the aftermath of the first shutdown globally, and reconnecting those lines of logistics haven't been the easiest. That is for new purchases however, and be assured that we have the resources to handle warranty claims. Great question and thank you for asking!

OziDV8

OK Davinci_vaporize I've got a question. How come Australians don't get free postage? If that is not bad enough we get ripped off on postage. It would cost me $30us to post a parcel to you but I pay $60 for you to send one to me. When I ask the question about free postage I know that you protect Aussie suppliers but It stops me a customer that has been buying your products off your site from not long after your company started getting explorer deals. So why are Australians being treated different to the rest.

OziDV8,

BMvape

Also wondering if there’s any hope for a remedy to the Apple app problem, perhaps a web based application workaround? I miss the ability to customize the smart paths.

RustyOldNail

Also wondering if there’s any hope for a remedy to the Apple app problem, perhaps a web based application workaround? I miss the ability to customize the smart paths.

I thought they had a non Apple app? I agree, a web based solution would be best for all. The stock “path” settings are thankfully working well for me.

Davinci_vaporizer

Clean First Technology
Manufacturer
Great question, thank you for asking.

A remedy is in the final stages of development for the iOS users that would like access to the app. Announcements to follow!

Top Bottom