The Bulb Vape

Trixer

So I was talking to my friend about how much better vaping is then baking. He didnt believe me at first and then we started talking some more, and I even showed him with my vape. He liked that alot!

He also asked me about the bulb vape, I did some google searches and people I guess are using light bulbs to make a vaporizer (I always thought this was just for crack and meth... sadly)!

I am wondering what you guys think about this vape? I mean is this something someone in a pinch should make instead of combusting or is this worse? I dont know it just does not seem smart to be making one out of a lightbulb lol....

So has anyone tried this? What were your results compared to say a very cheap entry cost vape?

Im only asking because I am curious if I could recommend this "poor mans" vape to my friends to help them completely get rid of combustion like I have!

Trixer,

Frickr

well considering the health concerns with unknown materials inside the bulb, and that its a conduction style vape, i would push him to something more along the lines of a VG for a entry level vape. convection > conduction. plus the guarentee of safe materials and reliable and proven performance

Frickr,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
Honestly, I seriously considered making another bulb vape today, as my Iolite pooped on me and I was patiently awaiting the arrival of my VG. I was having to BURN my blends in my buddies pipe... It truly sucked and I was crying on the inside for my vape.

AGBeer,

Qbit

cannabanana
As long as you are aware of what you are doing, and take precautions to get rid of any harmful materials, then go for it. It is easy to suggest to go buy a $150 vape, but some don't have that readily available, or don't want to risk it in case they don't like vaping. So make your lightbulb vape, and if you like the experience, put away the money you save on weed and save up for a decent commercial unit.

Qbit,

Trixer

Qbit!

Well I am one of thos DIY kind of guys, so I made my own vape, its pretty snazzy really its just an attatchment to my really expensive temp controlled sodering gun. Dont ask, I think a wand vape is its offical term.

However my friend was wanting something and he is not nearly as techy savey as I am, much more broke then I am, and well he is naturally a skeptical person. So thats kind of where the lightbulb came into play.

I have read alot of good articles on making one, and looking around I found a lot of vapes similar to the bulb vape, so I think it will be pretty good.. For this case you should use a butane lighter I would assume.

Trixer,

FEAR420

If youre gonna do it at least do it right & as safe as possible...The butane torch would be a good idea,just be careful that you dont blowup the lightbulb with expansion & contraction due to the heat.Be sure to use plenty of salt to get out all the coatings inside the bulbs and if you wanna be extra safe,give it a lil iso wash...:2c:

Oh and QBit...My Avatar,title & sig are all fitting now ;)

FEAR420,
Top Bottom