The Boil That Oil Thread!

Zippo024

Photo14.jpg

Photo15.jpg

hey guys! i just picked this up when i saw it in a head shop, after finding out about them from this forum! Didn't get the best milk shot, low on oil unfortunately :/

Zippo024,

Zippo024

thank you! yea the bongs a mini HVY straight tube, and the curve is from a glassblowers shop in colorado, that whole set up cost $135 total :brow:

Zippo024,

B.

War Criminal
So I had a weird thing happen. I was doin a run lasr night, 14 g of mr clean, and I brought it inside to purge I got some water in the butane. I put the pie plate on some very hot but not boiling water and evaporated most of the water, I then swirled the water around in the pie dish which caused most of the bho the stick to the side. I dumped the remaiming water(yeah I saved it) and purged again like normal but there was no butane left at all I scraped it all together, its bright green, super shattery and really tasty . Has anyone else ever had this happen? Is adding water to the liquid butane a viable purge tek?if not why not?

B.,

DeepFried

A Legend in my Own Mind
B. said:
So I had a weird thing happen. I was doin a run lasr night, 14 g of mr clean, and I brought it inside to purge I got some water in the butane. I put the pie plate on some very hot but not boiling water and evaporated most of the water, I then swirled the water around in the pie dish which caused most of the bho the stick to the side. I dumped the remaiming water(yeah I saved it) and purged again like normal but there was no butane left at all I scraped it all together, its bright green, super shattery and really tasty . Has anyone else ever had this happen? Is adding water to the liquid butane a viable purge tek?if not why not?

Setup your new okeif tube right over a dish of warm water. Extract right into the water and then use the end of a straightened paper clip or similar to swirl the oil while it floats on the water. All the oil will collect on the end of the paper clip. Real easy.

DeepFried,

manchild

Vapourist
DeepFried said:
Setup your new okeif tube right over a dish of warm water. Extract right into the water and then use the end of a straightened paper clip or similar to swirl the oil while it floats on the water. All the oil will collect on the end of the paper clip. Real easy.
So I tried this method yesterday and I'm not too happy with the results.
As Deepfried mentioned it was incredibly easy to collect the oil as it was sitting on top of the water in a light film and clumped up nicely on my paper clip.
The thing is it didn't seem to purge properly and I think it's still full of either butane or water. It looks quite similar to a post made by Quomist a while back. Check out the picture below.
The best way for me to describe it is an "ear wax" like consistency. (BHW!)
quomist said:
This is what it looks like after I gave it a bit of heat and mixing.

http://i1020.photobucket.com/albums/af323/quomist/Oil/IMG_1051.jpg

So I'm not sure what I did wrong. As I collected the oil off the surface there was a lot of water mixed in with it. I thought this would come out after a long hot water purge and a bit of torch flamage. The hot water purge didn't really do much but the torching produced many flaming bubbles at first and decreased the overall size of the oil chunk considerably. So I think it's water and butane.

So what's done is done. No big deal really. Not a big enough amount to worry about. Probably won't try it again though :lol:

What I would like to know is can I rescue this wax and get it back to a nice glass like form??
If not do you think I can I still safely vape it?? It still smells awsome and is actually in a more manageable form than shatter.

Thanks guys. :peace:

manchild,

rbrown13

from the land of milk and honey (Oil that is...)
I posted this in the Etsy thread but thought it needed to be here as well this is a great source for very heavy well built glass extractor tubes I searched for a while when I discovered gnosy on Etsy Great pieces and great prices...

Hey folks for all the errl heads out there you need to check out the is guy http://www.etsy.com/shop/gnosy?ga_search_query=gnosy&ga_search_type=seller_usernames on Etsy he has some of the best prices on extractor tubes and he will do custom orders plus he makes a really small 2-3gr. size extractor that is amazing I own two of his extractors and the quality is second to none.

Closed end (my favorite)
il_570xN187024092.jpg

Open end for coffee filter/screen
il_570xN187022755.jpg

and then the "EZB"
il_570xN187241004.jpg

and the result of the GonG closed end tube with 12grs. of OG kush I'll post finish pics later
2010-10-27210856.jpg

This guy does some awesome little oil dishes as well as some cool pipes and what not check out his store above...

rbrown13,

DeepFried

A Legend in my Own Mind
manchild said:
DeepFried said:
So I tried this method yesterday and I'm not too happy with the results.
As Deepfried mentioned it was incredibly easy to collect the oil as it was sitting on top of the water in a light film and clumped up nicely on my paper clip.
The thing is it didn't seem to purge properly and I think it's still full of either butane or water. It looks quite similar to a post made by Quomist a while back. Check out the picture below.
The best way for me to describe it is an "ear wax" like consistency. (BHW!)
quomist said:
This is what it looks like after I gave it a bit of heat and mixing.

http://i1020.photobucket.com/albums/af323/quomist/Oil/IMG_1051.jpg

So I'm not sure what I did wrong. As I collected the oil off the surface there was a lot of water mixed in with it. I thought this would come out after a long hot water purge and a bit of torch flamage. The hot water purge didn't really do much but the torching produced many flaming bubbles at first and decreased the overall size of the oil chunk considerably. So I think it's water and butane.

So what's done is done. No big deal really. Not a big enough amount to worry about. Probably won't try it again though :lol:

What I would like to know is can I rescue this wax and get it back to a nice glass like form??
If not do you think I can I still safely vape it?? It still smells awsome and is actually in a more manageable form than shatter.

Thanks guys. :peace:

Sorry for the late reply, bummer about your oil. I have seen this before as well when purging into water that was too warm/hot. To be double sure you could put it under a vacuum with warm water. Wax is good and is sold in many dispensaries.

I use BHO a lot myself because I have done enough research to know that butane is completely safe. Still there is a chance I missed a negative report somewhere, has anyone ever read anything negative scientifically about the use of butane for extracting our beloved plant and not completely purging every last bit of tane out?

DeepFried,

manchild

Vapourist
Thanks deepfired no worries. It's all a learning experince.

I tried heating it up a little more but there was not much change. I did vape it and I don't think there was anything bad about it really. There was a slightly different taste to it, but it was still a good taste and the potency certainly wasn't lacking.

I think it is possible that my water was too warm to start with, but that butane is pretty icy cold so i thought the temp dropped pretty quickly when blasting. I know there are other forums that probably have all this info if i search it out, but i'm a little lazy hehe, and it's good to have this info here on fc for all to see i guess.

I should add that i recently purchased a Herbal Innovations Essential VAAAPP Eclipse Vape H2O. How's that for a monumental name! Who knows what I'm supposed to call it. I won't give a full review here but I will say that it works as intended for bho. The hits have always been very full and satisfying. The taste is definitely lacking when compared to a glass nail which is my only other consumption experience. The advantage is that i can get multiple hits back to back if i load more than one dabs worth. This is when the taste is lost after the first hit, much the same as getting multiple vape hits off a bowl of fresh herbs. Also the use of a small torch flame makes it more stealthy and the speed of heating is a huge plus and is the only reason i would use this over other methods.

manchild,

Shiz

cogz756 said:
Blazemaster Came today!:)
DSC00881.jpg
Sick, I need a dome kit like that but can't find anything in stock on the sites I found:
angleddomeandnail-1.jpg

Any suggestions on where to look? Hopefully I won't need to find a custom artist for this.

Shiz,

Shiz

Thanks for the quick reply. Found a few options for what I need.

Shiz,

DeepFried

A Legend in my Own Mind
manchild said:
Thanks deepfired no worries. It's all a learning experince.

I tried heating it up a little more but there was not much change. I did vape it and I don't think there was anything bad about it really. There was a slightly different taste to it, but it was still a good taste and the potency certainly wasn't lacking.

I think it is possible that my water was too warm to start with, but that butane is pretty icy cold so i thought the temp dropped pretty quickly when blasting. I know there are other forums that probably have all this info if i search it out, but i'm a little lazy hehe, and it's good to have this info here on fc for all to see i guess.

I should add that i recently purchased a Herbal Innovations Essential VAAAPP Eclipse Vape H2O. How's that for a monumental name! Who knows what I'm supposed to call it. I won't give a full review here but I will say that it works as intended for bho. The hits have always been very full and satisfying. The taste is definitely lacking when compared to a glass nail which is my only other consumption experience. The advantage is that i can get multiple hits back to back if i load more than one dabs worth. This is when the taste is lost after the first hit, much the same as getting multiple vape hits off a bowl of fresh herbs. Also the use of a small torch flame makes it more stealthy and the speed of heating is a huge plus and is the only reason i would use this over other methods.

I have the VAAAPP and the Eclipse will be my next purchase. I like the modularity of the glass vials and all their benefits. My only concern with the Eclipse is the weight of it, can never let go of your tube or it's broke. Thanks for the review.

I agree about the heat up speed, you get to where you want to be in under 10 seconds! including heat up and inhale times, my Extreme would take me 30 minutes of hitting it at high temp and still be no where near as medicated as one hit off this thing.

Now I need to find a high quality micro torch, I mean really small to travel with it.

post# 420 whoot!

DeepFried,

notmyrealUSERname

Notmy Well-Known Member
deepfried:

I have the VAAAPP and the Eclipse will be my next purchase. I like the modularity of the glass vials and all their benefits. My only concern with the Eclipse is the weight of it, can never let go of your tube or it's broke. Thanks for the review.

i understand the benefits of having multiple vials available to vape from, but what are some of the drawbacks? are they hard to load, clean, screw in and out, and are they recyclable in any way? i don't like the idea that the glass vials are thought of as disposable.

is there any abv? i have seen that when people 'heat that ti', the bho is 'dissolved' onto the ti, and only a 'stain' remains - does the same thing happen with the glass vials?

I agree about the heat up speed, you get to where you want to be in under 10 seconds! including heat up and inhale times, my Extreme would take me 30 minutes of hitting it at high temp and still be no where near as medicated as one hit off this thing.

that is awesome! a huge benefit imho.

notmyrealUSERname,

Shiz

DeepFried said:
my Extreme would take me 30 minutes of hitting it at high temp and still be no where near as medicated as one hit off this thing.
Never heard anything like this before. Are you saying that's the case with the same bud in both vapes? Or oil in the vaaapp vs bud in the EQV?

Most people say the Vaaapp is not that great with actual bud but great for oil. I've been looking into getting the vaaapp but was convinced by thousands of rave reviews that the MFLB was so much better as a portable for bud. I might just skip out on buying a custom oiler and get one of these. Seems so simple for oil.

Shiz,

B.

War Criminal
just snagged this off of ebay, it got immediately relisted so im guessing they have more. $65 shipped, great price, but i believe its one generation behind, meaning its all anodized(sp?) food grade metal, where the newest version comes with a variety of glass connections, including 14mm and 18mm. But we'll see what shows up later this week. Review and vids to come. I think I might start a new thread for this device, its different from the vaaapp, it connects to a bong.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250722898064#ht_1952wt_957

B.,

stinkmeaner

I think you are lucky to have that one that is all aluminum, it is obviously going to be more durable. I think they changed it to appease the glass crowd. The new ones do use a glass joint but since the rest is still aluminum, what difference does it make having a little more.

stinkmeaner,

DeepFried

A Legend in my Own Mind
notmyrealUSERname said:
deepfried:

i understand the benefits of having multiple vials available to vape from, but what are some of the drawbacks? are they hard to load, clean, screw in and out, and are they recyclable in any way? i don't like the idea that the glass vials are thought of as disposable.

is there any abv? i have seen that when people 'heat that ti', the bho is 'dissolved' onto the ti, and only a 'stain' remains - does the same thing happen with the glass vials?

that is awesome! a huge benefit imho.

the vials are called disposable because they are so cheap, but when I was talking about them I meant using them with bho not dry bud. There is barely any residue on the inside and only some black carbon on the outside if using a regular lighter, but no carbon if using a jet lighter. The carbon cleans off easily. I reuse the same vial until basically I break it from dropping it.

I love my HMK curve too, but this is much faster to use.

DeepFried,

DeepFried

A Legend in my Own Mind
Shiz said:
DeepFried said:
my Extreme would take me 30 minutes of hitting it at high temp and still be no where near as medicated as one hit off this thing.
Never heard anything like this before. Are you saying that's the case with the same bud in both vapes? Or oil in the vaaapp vs bud in the EQV?

Most people say the Vaaapp is not that great with actual bud but great for oil. I've been looking into getting the vaaapp but was convinced by thousands of rave reviews that the MFLB was so much better as a portable for bud. I might just skip out on buying a custom oiler and get one of these. Seems so simple for oil.

Yes sorry Shiz, should have been clearer about that. BHO in the vaaapp vs bud in the Extreme. If you have water pieces you could also look at the one manchild has.. the Herbal Innovations Eclipse Vape H2O as it connects straight to your bong, bubbler etc.

I do agree that the MFLB has advantages over this when using dry bud for sure. If you are getting a portable for dry bud i'd go MFLB also, but the vaaapp is hard to beat as a potable for bho imo.

I also use my MFLB for bho dabs on occasion but the taste isn't as good.

DeepFried,

Shiz

I went ahead and ordered an oil dome set for my waterpipe but for $60 the H2O looks like a pretty sick piece for oil at home or away. I'll grab one if I really get into oil for sure but for now I'm ready to try out that dome and vape some oil instead of burning it up in a bowl.

Shiz,

Frickr

how hard is it to rewrap a curve, or is there any that are for left handers? all of the curves ive seen are all for right handed people... :|

Frickr,

notmyrealUSERname

Notmy Well-Known Member
notmyrealUSERname,

jimbo

winterize
Frickr said:
how hard is it to rewrap a curve, or is there any that are for left handers? all of the curves ive seen are all for right handed people... :|

You can get Hashmasta Kut Curves that are left handed, they come into stock every so often on AquaLab Tech...

jimbo,

dainbramage0

Frickr said:

It's a fairly simple process to rewrap - There should enough pics of wraps in this thread to get you started should you feel the need.. But for what its worth I'm a lefty as well and I don't find it difficult at all to operate a "right handed" curve :o

They also carry lefty HMK curves at THC in Toronto if you're ever in the vicinity.

dainbramage0,
Top Bottom