The Angus Halogen Vape by YLL Vape

imor jones

I like the angus a lot. Its the one i reach out for, when i want to take big hits. Big and very tasty hits! I almost exklusivly use it it through a glaspiece without water. On the highest level. I found that it needs a big draw, so that it can produce big clouds. Never was so convinced from the normal cooling unit...too warm or and wispy hits
i put it on the highest temp and whait like at least 20 sec longer, that heat can realy build up for good hits!
Sorry to here, that urs died.
I wonder if they all have like same temps, or if some run hotter and some less hot!?

imor jones,

SolidAirrr

....i could see the light bulb come on, and the device was definitely getting warm, but not hot enough to produce anything. Prior to that, it worked great.
That sounds weird. Does the bulb switch off sooner than usual? Then it could maybe be a defect with the temp sensor... Can't imagine the bulb suddenly losing power. Or could it?

SolidAirrr,

Mndeadhead

That sounds weird. Does the bulb switch off sooner than usual? Then it could maybe be a defect with the temp sensor... Can't imagine the bulb suddenly losing power. Or could it?
not sure....it definitely comes on and off but not sure if it is doing it too soon or not.

Mndeadhead,

floribud

not sure if it is the same problem other folks have had in the past.....i could see the light bulb come on, and the device was definitely getting warm, but not hot enough to produce anything. Prior to that, it worked great.
This happened to me with my first one. Did you get one out of the first imported batch? The very first batch seemed to have some QC issues. Vgoodies swapped that out for me and the new one seems much more reliable.

floribud,
Reactions: 364F

Mndeadhead

This happened to me with my first one. Did you get one out of the first imported batch? The very first batch seemed to have some QC issues. Vgoodies swapped that out for me and the new one seems much more reliable.
I just got mine less than a month ago, so not sure which batch it was part of.

Mndeadhead,

Sass Jeeves

Just got the new Ruby Edition in!

Were there any other changes made to this version, or just swapped the boro beads for ruby?

Been on the fence about either upgrading myself or getting a new one and trying to sell my old one.

I'm kind of ready for endgame and eyeing desktop ballvapes, so if it's just the rubies that changed that helps make up my mind!

Sass Jeeves,

Maschine

I wonder if they all have like same temps, or if some run hotter and some less hot!?
I`m thinking the same after I got my second device.
First device combusted once at 210 °C and most of the time a full bowl was extracted in 2, maximal 3 hits at 200°C when using a big glass.
Second device needs at least 2-3 hits at 210°C to extract a full bowl when using same glass. I never tried 220°C cause I still fear combustion.
Same without glass it feels like I have to run my second device always one temp level higher then my first device?!

Would love to hear if others had similar experiences?!

Maschine,

Sass Jeeves

I`m thinking the same after I got my second device.
First device combusted once at 210 °C and most of the time a full bowl was extracted in 2, maximal 3 hits at 200°C when using a big glass.
Second device needs at least 2-3 hits at 210°C to extract a full bowl when using same glass. I never tried 220°C cause I still fear combustion.
Same without glass it feels like I have to run my second device always one temp level higher then my first device?!

Would love to hear if others had similar experiences?!
I have yet to combust with the Angus, but almost always temp step up to 3, and will finish the very end on 4. On glass I start higher, but don't think I've ever used (or needed) the highest setting.

Roughly how much do you pack and how tightly? Do you ever combust using natively with a regular or ruby mouthpiece?

Sass Jeeves,

Maschine

I have yet to combust with the Angus, but almost always temp step up to 3, and will finish the very end on 4. On glass I start higher, but don't think I've ever used (or needed) the highest setting.

Roughly how much do you pack and how tightly? Do you ever combust using natively with a regular or ruby mouthpiece?
I never temp step tbh. I do setting 1 or 2 when using it with the cooling unit and 4 when using the wpa. But I stick to this setting during the whole session.
Can`t exactly say how much I load but since no rookie and particular the angus I try to rather pack loose I assume that wasn`t the problem.
Sorry but what is a ruby mouthpiece?

Maschine,

Sass Jeeves

I never temp step tbh. I do setting 1 or 2 when using it with the cooling unit and 4 when using the wpa. But I stick to this setting during the whole session.
Can`t exactly say how much I load but since no rookie and particular the angus I try to rather pack loose I assume that wasn`t the problem.
Sorry but what is a ruby mouthpiece?
It sounds like ours are probably in roughly the same overall range if accounting for personal preferences.

Just attempting to think of other variables that could lead to combustion. If you're packing loosely, I don't think it could be overpacking or too much draw resistance. Don't think it would make this big of a difference in the Angus, but is your grind super fine?

Although reading your original again, I definitely get way more than 2-3 rips from a bowl - more like 10-15!

They must just vary quite a bit, especially if there was a long gap between when you got them - think there have been at least two distinct versions.

Ruby mouthpiece is just a version of the stock mouthpiece with some spikes and beads in it.

Sass Jeeves,

Mndeadhead

Gotta drop in and share a positive customer service experience. A week ago Sunday, I reached out to VGoodiez because my Angus quit producing vapor. They got mike involved, and 30 minutes later I had a shipping notification. Today the new unit arrived. What surprised me the most was that it wasn't just the vape. It was the entire kit - case, screens, caps, cable, everything. I'm still waiitng for them to respond and tell me what to do with the old one, but gotta give props for quick, no questions asked service. Oh, and it seems I got upgraded to the rubies with this one too. My old one didn't glow red when heating.

Maschine

Just attempting to think of other variables that could lead to combustion. If you're packing loosely, I don't think it could be overpacking or too much draw resistance. Don't think it would make this big of a difference in the Angus, but is your grind super fine?
Yeah a way too many variables involved combined with the circumstance that this is just my own subjective observation. That`s why I never posted something about it till it showed up here :) With my newer Angus I get at least five draws and when I load more it comes near your 10 - 15 draws so I`m happy and consider this as normal. It seems like I`m the only one who had this assumption and because this was the old vape that broke I don't bother that much.

Ruby mouthpiece is just a version of the stock mouthpiece with some spikes and beads in it.
Thank you wasn't aware of this. To me this sounds just like marketing anyway. Angus CU is well designed IMO and holds back every significant particle and the vapour is very cool and mild. What else could some spikes and beads achieve that isn`t placebo or just a theoretical effect on the paper? But I know people go nuts about those beads and balls so to each their own...

Sass Jeeves

With my newer Angus I get at least five draws and when I load more it comes near your 10 - 15 draws so I`m happy and consider this as normal.

Oh, that's great! Didn't realize one of them was performing as expected. I enjoy this thing so much, just want everyone else to also be happy with theirs lol
What else could some spikes and beads achieve that isn`t placebo or just a theoretical effect on the paper?

I think my Angus bundle actually came with one, or it was pretty cheap to add. You're definitely correct the ruby mouthpiece doesn't add any noticeable cooling, but it does add some draw resistance compared to the default mouthpiece. I definitely prefer it.

Mndeadhead

Oh, that's great! Didn't realize one of them was performing as expected. I enjoy this thing so much, just want everyone else to also be happy with theirs lol

I think my Angus bundle actually came with one, or it was pretty cheap to add. You're definitely correct the ruby mouthpiece doesn't add any noticeable cooling, but it does add some draw resistance compared to the default mouthpiece. I definitely prefer it.
vGoodiez sells that side car bubbler. I have been using that without water for some extra cooling. Works well.

Maschine

So kind of you @Sass Jeeves thank you! I`m super happy with my Angus and glad you too - such a nice vape :)

To contribute to the accessoire / mouthpiece discussion: The Angus is the first vape I love to use with a whip. Almost like a shisha/hooka and super easy to use and share with friends.
And when you add a bit hash and use it on a rather low temp you get a very long session :spliff:

Sass Jeeves

The Angus is the first vape I love to use with a whip. Almost like a shisha/hooka and super easy to use and share with friends.
Totally relate to this! It was my first portable after starting with dyna, so took me a while to realize what it's capable of.

Randomly tried it through Orb V2 with a whip and that first bowl was literally an eye-opening experience (thanks in part to some Orange 43 lol)

Saw someone call the Angus a portable ball vape, so obviously I have a non-portable ball vape on the way to verify that claim for science and progress and definitely not for me to have a new toy.

And when you add a bit hash and use it on a rather low temp you get a very long session :spliff:
Just when I thought I no longer had any interest in or use for concentrates, you go and do this??? 😆

Sass Jeeves,

Maschine

Just when I thought I no longer had any interest in or use for concentrates, you go and do this??? 😆
Sorry for the long delay.
I live in Europe and use "normal" hash like those dry sift wedding cake that was around recently. Mixed with flower this literally disappears but I would be extremely careful with "real" concentrates when sticky or liquid. Hope you get what I mean?!
Although someone in this forum was doing hash bowls in his Angus using Vape Wool / hemp fibre if I`m not mixing things up here...

Sass Jeeves

Sorry for the long delay.
I live in Europe and use "normal" hash like those dry sift wedding cake that was around recently. Mixed with flower this literally disappears but I would be extremely careful with "real" concentrates when sticky or liquid. Hope you get what I mean?!
Although someone in this forum was doing hash bowls in his Angus using Vape Wool / hemp fibre if I`m not mixing things up here...
Yep, think I am with ya!

More along the lines of ice-water hash or actual rosin. Resin/wax/budder/badder/sauce etc. definitely seems like a terrible idea for the Angus to me too lol

Sass Jeeves,
Reactions: Maschine

budski

cantre member
never tried the original, but I'm sure the red rubies absorb the heat from light better, I opted for the latest version. Takes a couple minutes to heat up and start putting out vapor, works better with whole nugs than with capsules and is really pleasant to use for a laid back sesh. pretty cool vapor til the end. If you want big clouds turn it up wait for the heat and use a WPA.

Last edited:
Top Bottom