The Angus Halogen Vape by YLL Vape

Abele Rizieri Ferrari

LOL....when I look at this its fascinating. For me, when my bulb goes out...I am just gonna set it aside. LOL I am not going to do all that. Forget about it. I would put that together after screwing everything up and it will become the Rabbits Foot Tom Cruise was looking for in MIA 3.

Please tell me that the cooling unit is easier to change...because apparently I am getting a new one from VGoodies and I hope its like....take this out and slip this in...if not, oh boy for me.
@YLLVAPE OFFICAL released this by users request. They have actually arranged with their retailers to service the device should the bulb die within warranty. In EU warranty is 2 years which I would accept as a possible worst case scenario, but that's up for everyone to decide. The fact that this instruction was uploaded makes it easier for people to fix it and it also makes it more likely that in case of a failure you'll find someone who can replace it for you. Either within the community or whoever thats more capable than you.

Dr. G

Old Resident
@YLLVAPE OFFICAL released this by users request. They have actually arranged with their retailers to service the device should the bulb die within warranty. In EU warranty is 2 years which I would accept as a possible worst case scenario, but that's up for everyone to decide. The fact that this instruction was uploaded makes it easier for people to fix it and it also makes it more likely that in case of a failure you'll find someone who can replace it for you. Either within the community or whoever thats more capable than you.
Yes...its fascinating and I appreciate it. I'll give you a call if it happens...;) How about the cooling unit thing? Is that easy? Thank you Abele Rizieri Ferrari.

I just read the bulb lasts ten years...well, that is good. I am already very old. Ten more years...

Dr. G,

Darr1

@YLLVAPE OFFICAL

I saw Vapewellness saying they will send out the new mouthpiece for people who bought the Angus with the old one. What about people who didnt buy from vapewellness? I bought from Recommedvapesupplies
I'm guessing (and it is a guess) that YLLVAPE would have sent all suppliers replacement CU's for the first batch. Had my email from vapewellness today, already sent out, great service

Sue Narmy

@YLLVAPE OFFICAL

I saw Vapewellness saying they will send out the new mouthpiece for people who bought the Angus with the old one. What about people who didnt buy from vapewellness? I bought from Recommedvapesupplies

I sent RVS an email asking about the replacement cooling unit but they are now closed for the holidays and they’ll be back on the 28th.

Texus

Ty for the info.

These are probably my most detailed thoughts on aftermarket pairings. FW7 dimpled cooling stem and OWW Ole Stubby are the faves. By a good margin for me.

As I've stated before, FW7 dimpled cooling stems and BB6 do not need an additional o-ring. Nice press fit in my chamber.

Some other thoughts on using these:
  • These stems also make it a tad easier to preheat. You can have the stem pre-packed and then after running a heating cycle just slide it on in without having to worry about loading a hot chamber.
  • For best performance (tho isn't a huge difference? no) I tend to take it thru one cycle (heat-up and a cycle with it at the desired heat) at 395 (6'oclock) and then back it down to the lowest setting for my first hit.
  • Glass stems are also likely moving the needle even more towards convection and radiation since glass is insulating from any heat from Angus chamber sidewalls.
  • For the stock dimpled cooling stem from the FW7 we are looking at a capacity somewhere between that of a Dynavap and Anvil XL. But you will want something with some depth before screen/dimples.
  • Still loving small unground nugs most here. Really nice flavor and if you aren't using screens, it is this of a pretty tight pack to prevent "Scooby Snacks" of ground flower being inhaled.
  • For those budget-minded folks in markets that sell cheaper smalls or popcorn flower at a considerably cheaper price, this is a perfect pairing. Super tiny small nugs can just go right in, or maybe a couple tiny ones. For larger popcorn, you are probably just tearing those lil guys into 2 pieces. Another nice convenience factor for quick easy loading. Takes the grinder totally out of the equation and minimal need to handle buds to get the needed size.
  • Yeah, may not be the most evenly extracted due to some portions of the nugs being much farther from heater. But farthest part of these nugs is still showing nice signs of extraction. Will post pics later of some vaped nugs.
  • This should also lead to less need for cleaning of the device as only at the bottom screen between heater and flower may be touching flower. And pack it well enough and even that is very minimal. Stem itself can go right into iso or maybe a lil stem milk...
  • Yes, this may be smaller capacity than some would like. But if others are needing to use an additional o-ring, it might be that they also have a smaller inner diameter than the FW7 dimpled stem. In addition to maybe not having quite as deep a chamber for herb.
  • The one trickly thing that I need to figure out is the best tool for is removing the vaped flower from the stem. Inner diameter makes it a bit too wide to blow it out like you can do with an Underdog metal stem or other smaller ID log stems. But a number of pokey-tools or smaller head dab tools should work fine. In a bind, I just broke a Q-tip in half and used the Q-tip wood stem to clear the stem.
  • Hmmmm, I actually had an idea there... Taking an unused DV cap, which could be used as a cap on the stem itself when on the go, and using it to remove flower just like you would a Dynavap. If it can get deep enough. Off to find out!!!

I'm sure there will be a few good options for doing this as YLL and aftermarket folks get rolling on mouthpiece options.

I had high hopes for this short ball stem intended for Anvil (from Rogue IIRC) but unfortunately the dimple holding the balls came right where the stock o-ring is located. Needed to pull it out an mm or so to get a good seal. But also a stem that was too short. Started getting hot even at the second lowest temp setting. Not an issue with FW7 dimpled.cooling stem which is about.50% longer.

Doggo also a big fan of Angus. Less fussing around with things using this one, so snuggles don't need to be disturbed.

Texus,
Reactions: Jill NYC

oddjobold

Vape swap shop
Okay I received my new unit yesterday, with the new CU. Not tried it out yet.

It's a huge improvement. The middle section which is now metal can me removed without removing the plastic plate. This means you can get something underneath the plate to help to move it up.

The screen in the metal section has much bigger holes. This won't clog, I am sure.

I also noticed the battery spring in my unit is way way stronger. It's actually quite difficult to screw down the battery caps. Hoping this becomes easier with time.

@YLLVAPE OFFICAL I have to say I am impressed that so many customer gripes have been answered in such a short space of time!

Abele Rizieri Ferrari

@YLLVAPE OFFICAL posted a video of the new cu on ig:

Looks pretty good. Easier to manage. I think also a possibility to add beads. The magnets look interference fit (not sure if this was confirmed to be adjusted).

Good to see the company act on consumers worries and preferences.

Darr1

It's a huge improvement. The middle section which is now metal can me removed without removing the plastic plate. This means you can get something underneath the plate to help to move it up.

The screen in the metal section has much bigger holes. This won't clog, I am sure.

I also noticed the battery spring in my unit is way way stronger. It's actually quite difficult to screw down the battery caps. Hoping this becomes easier with time.

@YLLVAPE OFFICAL I have to say I am impressed that so many customer gripes have been answered in such a short space of time!
Looking forward to hearing your thoughts. My new CU has just been delivered, great service.

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts. I've just had an email to say my replacement cu has been delivered, so gonna try that tonight. Just to echo your thoughts regarding YLL vape response to their customers, top notch

Hey Nineteen

LOL....when I look at this its fascinating. For me, when my bulb goes out...I am just gonna set it aside. LOL I am not going to do all that. Forget about it. I would put that together after screwing everything up and it will become the Rabbits Foot Tom Cruise was looking for in MIA 3.

Please tell me that the cooling unit is easier to change...because apparently I am getting a new one from VGoodies and I hope its like....take this out and slip this in...if not, oh
It's too much work. I just want to vape.

Dr. G

Old Resident
Greetings, could anyone please tell me the best batteries to purchase for the Angus? Also, does it matter if you have different brands inside? For me these are questions I do not know...this is just a kind reminder that I am a newbie. Thank you. I love how the Angus feels in my hand...I love the wood. I am falling in love with it...I just bought this glass stem that Rogue Wax Works makes...it looks really good...anyway, thanks for any help anyone.

Oh...and Merry Christmas!

Dr. G,
Reactions: 364F

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
It's too much work. I just want to vape

Yeah there's no reason to do the work just so you know lol that is just for people who want to be replacing the bulbs themselves most people will never even need to have bulbs replaced? TBD point is all you have to do is vape lol

Greetings, could anyone please tell me the best batteries to purchase for the Angus? Also, does it matter if you have different brands inside? For me these are questions I do not know...this is just a kind reminder that I am a newbie. Thank you. I love how the Angus feels in my hand...I love the wood. I am falling in love with it...I just bought this glass stem that Rogue Wax Works makes...it looks really good...anyway, thanks for any help anyone.

Oh...and Merry Christmas!

Batteries are the same as anywhere else my dude, same exact recommendations as with TM, however you do not want to use two different brands inside, you want them to be a completely matched pair bought together made together kept together to use and charge only together...

Dr. G

Old Resident
Yeah there's no reason to do the work just so you know lol that is just for people who want to be replacing the bulbs themselves most people will never even need to have bulbs replaced? TBD point is all you have to do is vape lol

Batteries are the same as anywhere else my dude, same exact recommendations as with TM, however you do not want to use two different brands inside, you want them to be a completely matched pair bought together made together kept together to use and charge only together...
Ok. Super. I would have done this wrong. Thank you lots.

brave.heater

http://www.brave-heater.co
Manufacturer
I think I saw somewhere that said the bulb should last maybe 10 years. Is that right?
^^ Time will tell

How did you manage to get one from the manufacturer? He does not sell his vape on his website...last time I checked.

I also got a notice that I am gettinng a new cooling unit from Vgoodies where I bought it...anyone else?
Yes. We can buy via @YLLVAPE OFFICAL 's wholesales.

seedy53

I think I saw somewhere that said the bulb should last maybe 10 years. Is that right?
My question is what type and model of Angus Halogen bulb? Is it a 2 pin G4 35 watt or G8 50 watt halogen bulb? Is there no marking on the bulb in the units? I'm a ex consumer electronic repair tech

androponic

vaped.
My question is what type and model of Angus Halogen bulb? Is it a 2 pin G4 35 watt or G8 50 watt halogen bulb? Is there no marking on the bulb in the units? I'm a ex consumer electronic repair tech
i believe when using these bulbs in vapes like this one or the highlighter desktop vape the ink marking on the bulb would be removed with iso to avoid having it in the airpath to burn off over time.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I don't see why I should have to answer it if you saw the video. I am going to smoke a Mike Tyson Ranch blunt wrap. Have an average day.

I believe they were a bit confused by your reaction, which is also why I replied to you as well, because the video has nothing to do with the use of the vape... No one has to do anything in the video, or watch it, so we don't understand why you think that makes this vape too much work when all you want is to get high, because that is all you have to do... but I guess if you're going to smoke a blunt you don't even really want to vape! ;):p:lol:

seedy53

i guess my question was to technical or top secret info? i could tell the spec if i saw a few good quality close-up photos. I'm worried someone will put in a more powerful bulb.

Last edited:
seedy53,
Top Bottom