The Angus Halogen Vape by YLL Vape

vapeape77

Well there we are again. Overzealous picking apart of new products to the extent that I wonder why a manufacturer would ever want to participate in these forums.

A photo of a certificate of conformity seemingly necessary to assuage members' zeal to pick a device apart and suspicions that YLL would mark it without obtaining actual certification?

Assumptions of air vent related flaws in the absence of any actual evidence in the device itself. Blown up into "massive flaw" by @RedZep replying to accusations and assumptions by @vapeape77 who has never touched the device. News flash: this isn't the HR Edge.

Have we seen any evidence at all that manufacturer isn't responsive to user feedback? Heck these early releases were in large part due to wanting to incorporate any last important feedback before a larger run.

And doesn't @VGOODIEZ have a good enough track record at vetting manufacturers?

I don't get it. Yeesh people. I am here for a supportive environment where impressions and tips form actual users can be shared and where there is a possibility of discussion with manufacturers and a way to provide them our valuable feedback.

Think about the kind of community your comments are contributing to.
Damn dude take it easy I fuckin bought one…. And YES the airholes on the bottom do remind me of Edge issue sorry but why can’t I say that….. and last I checked not a one of you special release people have had an Angus for a year. Enjoy being high and mighty… much done here peace yall

Props to vgoodiez I already have a tracking #! I won’t say a word about my experience till @Texus gives me permission. Can I post a review in 3 months Texus? Plus Tesla fanboy reviews are never reliable….

RedZep

Well there we are again. Overzealous picking apart of new products to the extent that I wonder why a manufacturer would ever want to participate in these forums.

A photo of a certificate of conformity seemingly necessary to assuage members' zeal to pick a device apart and suspicions that YLL would mark it without obtaining actual certification?

Assumptions of air vent related flaws in the absence of any actual evidence in the device itself. Blown up into "massive flaw" by @RedZep replying to accusations and assumptions by @vapeape77 who has never touched the device. News flash: this isn't the HR Edge.

Have we seen any evidence at all that manufacturer isn't responsive to user feedback? Heck these early releases were in large part due to wanting to incorporate any last important feedback before a larger run.

And doesn't @VGOODIEZ have a good enough track record at vetting manufacturers?

I don't get it. Yeesh people. I am here for a supportive environment where impressions and tips form actual users can be shared and where there is a possibility of discussion with manufacturers and a way to provide them our valuable feedback.

Think about the kind of community your comments are contributing to.
In my defense I backtracked in a later comment saying airflow issues would be "highly unlikely". This was after @Abele Rizieri Ferrari pointed out the internal structure.

Your point is well taken though. I will however say that I rather enjoy the brutal aspect of upcoming devices being torn apart from all angles by founded/unfounded opinions. Let the designer run the gauntlet I say. I hope if I ever design a device the FC community will tear me a new one!

Of course that's just my thoughts. If everyone would prefer we cut this out, I will bear it in mind next time a new vape is on the horizon. I believe it happens because people want to really weigh up their purchase decision by searching for faults.

Apologies to any I offended, that was not my intent, certainly not trying to belittle anyone, just poking fun at the words used and issue as it was presented... I actually suffer from aspects of it myself along with fairly severe anxiety, so I have the same concerns being listed, despite my tongue in cheek jokes, I was also suggesting serious solutions :2c::peace:
None taken SS. I find you are always well mannered, and you are a credit to FC in how patient you are to help people. I am OCD, but I don't mind being joshed over it. I don't take my life personally, never mind comments from someone who is just having a little fun.

I recently reached out to Shit Snacks when I wasn't mentally feeling up to posting publicly. You see, I have my own issues. Either way, Shit Snacks was very helpful and kind. Personally, I didn't know that RedZep had OCD, I'm 100% sure Shit Snacks would not purposefully belittle anyone for their health.

@RedZep I didn't know you were diagnosed with OCD. I don't have any idea what you are going through, but I hope you find a solution that works.

Edit: adding that I usually carry alcohol spray with me everywhere I go. But yeah, that doesn't kill everything.
Agreed. No offense taken.
OCD is a very real condition and a mental prison for some. You'd do well not to belittle people over it.
Thanks for speaking up. That was good of you to do if as you say you believe I was being belittled. I think I've interacted with SS enough to know he wouldn't do that, so there was no thought in my mind to this affect.

I'm sorry for the double post. I just thought it was important to say these things immediately incase anyone is feeling like they have upset me.

Last edited:

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Angus was my sainted maternal grandpa's name, I think it's a fine name that any extraction device should be proud to own.
Hey, no disrespect to the name, it's a strong, fine name. But it has been largely appropriated by the meat industry.
Both McDonald's and BK have touted Angus beef at one time or another. So the associations are clearly there.

vapviking,
Reactions: Pukka

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
And YES the airholes on the bottom do remind me of Edge issue sorry but why can’t I say that…..

I think this kind of gets at why comparisons in specific product threads are frowned upon at best and not really allowed per the rules because it will then get off topic... Case in point, it's reasonable to say how it reminds you of that, but maybe not so reasonable to presume there would be an issue here, as they are completely different devices with different build designs (Edge has a tiny little pathway, with a tiny little heater, metal coil below the chamber, that is why material can fall through the screen holes in the chamber through the heater into the air intake, as explained earlier that is pretty impossible here with all of the heater mass in the way... However there's always a risk, with any vape really, that something could get inside the air intake, which is why I would be careful about stuffing into random pockets where lint could get in there etc) All the speculation anticipating a new device is perfectly normal for product threads here, you can see it at the start of most any of them, but soon enough there will be a flood of actual user posts here (VGZ shipped mine too!) :tup:

vapeape77

I think this kind of gets at why comparisons in specific product threads are frowned upon at best and not really allowed per the rules because it will then get off topic... Case in point, it's reasonable to say how it reminds you of that, but maybe not so reasonable to presume there would be an issue here, as they are completely different devices with different build designs (Edge has a tiny little pathway, with a tiny little heater, metal coil below the chamber, that is why material can fall through the screen holes in the chamber through the heater into the air intake, as explained earlier that is pretty impossible here with all of the heater mass in the way... However there's always a risk, with any vape really, that something could get inside the air intake, which is why I would be careful about stuffing into random pockets where lint could get in there etc) All the speculation anticipating a new device is perfectly normal for product threads here, you can see it at the start of most any of them, but soon enough there will be a flood of actual user posts here (VGZ shipped mine too!) :tup:
All good I just get worked up when accusations are thrown around…I didn’t say it doesn’t works, it’s a concern that’s all…

Lol I did bring up the lint guys at least give me credit for that, I didn’t know saying “this reminds me of this” is not allowed. I wasn’t doing a side by side this vs this breakdown stuff…

all good I’m gonna lay low for awhile anyway. Bought 5 vapes in about 5 months 😂

vapeape77

Let's see who gets their vape the fastest from Vgoodiez :brow: Sadly, if I do get mine quickly I doubt my batteries will be here :(
You can adore 🥰 it still…. That’s always fun

Edit: unless you have no vape at all😫

Last edited:
vapeape77,
  • Sad
Reactions: BL4ZE

BL4ZE

I might win this one. Mine is due to arrive tomorrow! Crazy fast shipping over here in Texas i suppose.
Well shit you might. I got my tracking number 2 hours ago but still not in the system yet. Are they shipping out of Georgia? I'm in TN so figured I'd get mine tomorrow if they go out soon.

BL4ZE,

chimpybits

Tempted. Adding to cart at soothingvapours

Thoughts on accessories? I’m thinking:
- 2 molicel P28A’s YES
- 5 pack extra screens YES
- extra glass mouthpiece MAYBE
- dosing capsules NO
- WPA NO
- Angus bubbler NO

I tend to hit native and at home. I’ll charge in-device, but will lookup a CDN seller of a small Nitecore charger.

Zuhdj

Charles Mingus

- 2 molicel P28A’s YES
- dosing capsules NO
- WPA NO
- Angus bubbler NO

I tend to hit native and at home. I’ll charge in-device, but will lookup a CDN seller of a small Nitecore charger.
it comes with the extra mouthpiece already

vapeape77

- 2 molicel P28A’s YES
- dosing capsules NO
- WPA NO
- Angus bubbler NO

Come on that wpa is a must imo, no diy not sitting flush on the glass stuff.

chimpybits

Yeah I am excited to use the WPA for that, more direct path, with a glass mouthpiece at home... For me even if it's not perfect it's an absolute must have and the only accessory I had to order (have other screens already)
Do you mean you’ll use the WPA (metal multi mouthpiece) as a mouthpiece?

I usually do buy WPA’s but they’re glass and single-fitting. This WPA has some criticism on this thread. I guess I was hoping for a better WPA, but it is a complicated one incorporating the lid. I could definitely envision hitting this through a J-hook. Hmm…

Seems to be a chorus cheering for the WPA:lol:
It is a weird specific WPA - maybe it is a must

BL4ZE

I usually do buy WPA’s but they’re glass and single-fitting. This WPA has some criticism on this thread. I guess I was hoping for a better WPA, but it is a complicated one incorporating the lid. I could definitely envision hitting this through a J-hook. Hmm…

I feel you about the current WPA design. For now it's my only option. I'm hoping they come out with a standalone adapter for 14mm and 18mm pieces instead of this multi adapter. Preferably in glass instead of SS

RedZep

Yeah I am excited to use the WPA for that, more direct path, with a glass mouthpiece at home... For me even if it's not perfect it's an absolute must have and the only accessory I had to order (have other screens already)
I second this. WPA simply because it will be a breeze to clean. The standard head looks like a Mighty situation, so will be more of a bugger to clean. I would personally keep this head clean and ready for when I was outside the house.

It's a Chinese vap by Chinese company (so any Apple comparisons are nonsense). Is asking about a CE certificate really such a ludicrous thing?

And the manufacturer has, by posting the certificate, actually gained something - it showed that the product is technically sound, it showed they are aware of the consumers worries ... It's literally a win-win.

vapeape77

It's a Chinese vap by Chinese company (so any Apple comparisons are nonsense). Is asking about a CE certificate really such a ludicrous thing?

And the manufacturer has, by posting the certificate, actually gained something - it showed that the product is technically sound, it showed they are aware of the consumers worries ... It's literally a win-win.
And if he wants to talk about air path clearing/cleaning over time that would also be great!

vapeape77,

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)

You totally misunderstood, as I said, I want to use it with my various glass mouthpieces... Most of them are 18 mm female, although I also have 14 mm female, and if you reverse the WPA I can then use 18 mm male cooling stems as well... Not to mention J hooks and dry glass where I would have the Angus upside down

Seems to be a chorus cheering for the WPA:lol:
It is a weird specific WPA - maybe it is a must

Haha yeah man, we all want a better WPA, but this is what is available for now, at least it is simple, versatile, and affordable as is

BingsBuddery

Derelict Meatsack
Here's one... For me, I'm desperately put off by the intake running through the bulb holder and it's associated connections.

It's a shame because I think I would enjoy this device. It wouldn't have taken too much to isolate it completely.
From the internal diagram, the air appears to pass first through glass, then by food grade silicone, then the ceramic bulb socket, then the bulb. All wiring and solder for the thermosensor is isolated from the airpath according to YLL. I'm not overly concerned, but thats absolutely your call if it puts you off.

chimpybits

You totally misunderstood, as I said, I want to use it with my various glass mouthpieces... Most of them are 18 mm female, although I also have 14 mm female, and if you reverse the WPA I can then use 18 mm male cooling stems as well... Not to mention J hooks and dry glass where I would have the Angus upside down

Haha yeah man, we all want a better WPA, but this is what is available for now, at least it is simple, versatile, and affordable as is
Alright alright :lol: WPA added to cart, backup glass mouthpiece removed.

Will I pull the trigger after work? :shrug:

Texus

EDIT: Unfortunately, I have to agree with @Texus. Reading the constant, hyper-critical, quick-to-accuse, type comments in this thread has been offputting, to say the least. Unless you are ready to outright accuse Chinese manufacturers of being duplicitous accross the board, you should probably shrink back into the darkness and quiet down a little.

Feels like there is a full court press of negative energy that good people are succumbing too. Seeing it in other threads and else where as well.

Yes, these were the big picture thoughts I had when in mind when writing my last post.

Top Bottom