The Angus Halogen Vape by YLL Vape

Zuhdj

Charles Mingus
maybe it would be wise for someone in the know to discuss how to find the proper bulb for the angus. obviously with a "do it at your own risk" disclaimer haha. just on the off chance we do have to replace it ourselves someday ;)

Zuhdj,
Reactions: pomogirl

BL4ZE

Personally, if I can get 3 solid years out of a $200 vape then I'd be happy. Being that it wouldn't get used everyday by me then I could see it lasting much longer. I can't see the bulb being that hard to replace or that expensive. Obviously, if one needs to pay someone to do it then there would be labor cost.

On another note, I wish they made the WPA adapter in glass instead of stainless steel. Not sure why but it bugs me.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
On another note, I wish they made the WPA adapter in glass instead of stainless steel. Not sure why but it bugs me.

What bugs me more than the material, is that it is a multi adapter, for that reason it may not fit all female joints because the other joints could get in the way... It is nice to have something one size fits all sure, metal indestructible yeah, but it's still not so ideal, would be more so if it just came with the unit, wish WPA included was standard!

BL4ZE

What bugs me more than the material, is that it is a multi adapter, for that reason it may not fit all female joints because the other joints could get in the way... It is nice to have something one size fits all sure, metal indestructible yeah, but it's still not so ideal, would be more so if it just came with the unit, wish WPA included was standard!

Yeah, it'd be nice if they had a 14 and 18mm separate adapter. Does anyone even really use 10mm?

Shit Snacks

Yeah, it'd be nice if they had a 14 and 18mm separate adapter. Does anyone even really use 10mm?

I think it can also connect to 22 mm? 10 mm could be useful, I always use a drop-down adapter, so it doesn't matter to me what the size is as I can change depending on the pieces, but when it is a multi adapter, even if it is 18/14, it will not fit in all of them, I have that issue with all of my multi adapters, they don't fit in every female, as there is so much variance in glass, the other joints can get in the way, prevent joint from sealing properly

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
But can't imagine that anyone with basic electronics skills should be able to swap out a bum bulb in the event YLL isn't around or shipping costs are too high from where you are, etc.
I just want to know if the bulb is soldered in place. From your posts it seems like you might feel comfortable with electronics. Any interest in having a look how difficult it would be to replace your bulb?

Custom Flower Hardware

Manufacturer
I reckon this needs a separate charger? As in, I can't charge the batteries within the vape itself?
I've never taken my Batts out. Always charge the unit through the usbc cord:tup:
Edit:
Just an update gang I've been beating the shit out of this thing for about 2 months now and it hasn't skipped a beat. :tup: I run on 5, 428F I think, power button pressed down for boost mode, through glass. I then proceed to smack the bottom of the unit to get the weed out of the chamber. It's solid like my TM. :nod:

Abele Rizieri Ferrari

Yeah it seems the company made a choice that user repairability is something they rather prevent. But why do you think that is besides preventing people fucking up their device? (People capable of repairing it, will also manage a screw). And there's no billion dollar third party repair industry Yllvape wants to grab as big as possible share from. It is a shame that people who are sufficiently skilled get to deal with these hindrances though. Wouldn't be a bad thing if a guide with disclaimer became available like the recalibration for tm.

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
Yeah it seems the company made a choice that user repairability is something they rather prevent. But why do you think that is besides preventing people fucking up their device? (People capable of repairing it, will also manage a screw). And there's no billion dollar third party repair industry Yllvape wants to grab as big as possible share from. It is a shame that people who are sufficiently skilled get to deal with these hindrances though. Wouldn't be a bad thing if a guide with disclaimer became available like the recalibration for tm.
Yeah. In my non-vape time, I have been involved some with repair.org and the Right to Repair. So that colors my thinking on this kind of thing. Security screws and desoldering to change a lightbulb feels pretty bad though.

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
Yeah. In my non-vape time, I have been involved some with repair.org and the Right to Repair. So that colors my thinking on this kind of thing. Security screws and desoldering to change a lightbulb feels pretty bad though.

100%
This a like most Chinese made devices, but as we have learned, there are separate levels of quality depending on the investment. (iPhones are made in China). But at this price point, there would be less humans, more assembly line, then the hand assembled Tinymight, though they make mistakes too.

Shit Snacks

Yeah $200 is a great price, right on the value line for full self service access (like you would not expect $110 xmax v3pro to be fully self repairable but you can expect that from $260 tinymight for example) so overall reliability will be a key thing to focus on, very reasonable to wait for the first batch reports

Shit Snacks

Totally, although I did like the replaceable oven and everything in the vleaf go. Sadly the battery was proprietary and also terrible.

Yeah there are examples for everything, after I posted I remembered tafee bowle for something expensive and not at all self serviceable lol getting off topic, but that aspect of the vleafgo was one of the only things I liked about it! I really wish the Angus had a feature like that, to be able to fully clean the chamber with a session device, to ensure the heating elements are pristine, would really increase the appeal for me too!

Abele Rizieri Ferrari

Security screws and desoldering to change a lightbulb feels pretty bad though.

I didn't even know they were considered security screws, just thought they were annoying lol. I don't know about the soldering tbh I'm not that familiar with engineering.

100%
This a like most Chinese made devices, but as we have learned, there are separate levels of quality depending on the investment. (iPhones are made in China). But at this price point, there would be less humans, more assembly line, then the hand assembled Tinymight, though they make mistakes too.

FWIW it has CE certification to allow it on EU market, which at least culls the sketchy quality levels. But as for real life durability, yeah time will tell. It's not a tried concept.

It's fun though and for the price I think it's not that big a risk. I'm reaching for it more often than I expected. I thought I'd mostly use it out of the house, but rn I am chilling at my desk with Angus imbuia my side :)

With the stock plastic cu I have been using a lot! It's just so easy and the glass mp is a smart touch that makes just that bit of difference and without which I wouldn't even have tried that cu at all.

The wpa has been improved since my beta version but I haven't seen the new one. It was updated to address these compatibility issues though but like @Shit Snacks pointed out all in one is iffy. In the beta wpa I got the actual wpa was screwed into the base with the magnets, perhaps something likemAnvil wpa could be added later (dedicated size and the nice orings) and you could just screw it on the base.

Also I like the comfort of not having to push a button :nod:

Top Bottom