The Angus Halogen Vape by YLL Vape

BL4ZE

You were at one point
Dang! Sorry for jumping the gun on that one, I guess it was a mistake:whoa:

You were at one point able to add it to cart yesterday but when you'd go to check out it'd finally say it was out of stock and pull it from your cart.

Also, is it just me or is the name of this vape just odd? Them - What kind of vape is that?? Me- it's the angus bro

BL4ZE,
Reactions: 364F

RedZep

Any reason not to pull the trigger on this? Any design flaws that are due to be fixed soon? I remember reading something about stronger magnets or something.

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
Any reason not to pull the trigger on this? Any design flaws that are due to be fixed soon? I remember reading something about stronger magnets or something.
Nearly everyone who has one says it performs great. I am waiting for a few months on this myself. Mostly due to the historical problems with portable halogen vapes and the poor repair-ability reported so far. I've also heard pretty mixed reviews on the IH made by the same company. I would be less concerned if they had a longer warranty, like Ed's TNT or Tinymight. However that warranty is only as good as the company who honors it.

But I think a lot of people don't care if their $200 vape stops working after a year of use. And folks are still making their grasshoppers work. And, if everything goes right, this vape and company will be working for years to come.

So, I think all signs point to an enjoyable vape at a pretty decent price. But I don't have to get one urgently due to other great vapes on the market.

seedy53

2k hour life expected on the bulb before a replacement will be needed'. will Angus owners have to pay shipping both ways and the bulb repair replacement fees too? what is the prices for bulb replacement? this needs to be answered before tomorrow or i'm out.

seedy53

What was the manufacturers response when you wrote them?
they said retailer will replace the bulbs, not us owners, no one has said yet estimated fee yet. it could be expensive and it might make us stay away if too much to repair. 2k is 10 years if you use it 2 hours a day. would be max 2.7 years

Last edited:
seedy53,

vapeape77

they said retailer will replace the bulbs, not us owners, no one has said yet estimated fee yet. it could be expensive and it might make us stay away if too much to repair. 2k is 10 years if you use it 2 hours a day. would be max 2.7 years
That’s crazy use for a $200 unit for 2 years for 2 hours a day. A bowl is like 5 minutes on most session vape.

seedy53

That’s crazy use for a $200 unit for 2 years for 2 hours a day. A bowl is like 5 minutes on most session vape.
with 1.3 minute warm up, how many would just let it run? why can't we know what it will cost for bulb replacement? we must buy it to find out? reminds me of something else

vapeape77

with 1.3 minute warm up, how many would just let it run? why can't we know what it will cost for bulb replacement? we must buy it to find out? reminds me of something else
I’m not trying to stick up for them, just saying run a $250 crafty for 24 bowls a day and your not making it 2 years…. It is $200 portable, not a $600 desktop.

vapeape77,
Reactions: Madri-Gal

seedy53

I’m not trying to stick up for them, just saying run a $250 crafty for 24 bowls a day and your not making it 2 years…. It is $200 portable, not a $600 desktop.
i won't buy it without replacement estimate, why, shit happens

vapeape77

i won't buy it without replacement estimate, why, shit happens
Yeah I hear ya, I’m not ordering this first release stuff anyway… but I also wouldn’t be too worried about 2k hours on a vape, I mean hell these companies sometimes only last a few years anyway. I’ll just get the updated Rogue for the road and see what the masses are saying into the new year.

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
Yeah I hear ya, I’m not ordering this first release stuff anyway… but I also wouldn’t be too worried about 2k hours on a vape, I mean hell these companies sometimes only last a few years anyway. I’ll just get the updated Rogue for the road and see what the masses are saying into the new year.
Probably don't need to rehash the whole discussion on this thread but...

The issue is that many times these bulbs fail well under their rated runtime. These are built as a replaceable part in most applications.

I think the smart money is waiting to see how the process works through retailers before buying. But I understand VAS and excitement.

But the 2000 hours thing is not a useful data point for this, especially in this application.

sickmanfraud

I'd be a bit careful about using middle man websites like that for recommendations, they're a reseller of batteries and seem to use Mooch's data to help sell the batteries that they do stock. They don't even sell any Molicels which are Mooch's current most recommended.

Always use the official blog to decide on batteries the tables at the bottom are updated regularly. The BAK's are on the list so people can stop sketching out about them now :lol:

a3dbcbd9-f277-4b6e-b323-3c7cbd1cab4b-jpeg.979602

So my bargain battery find was indeed a bargain.

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...

Very smart to consider that!
The Grasshopper company offered a LIFETIME guarantee, but they are gone, but I’m still here.
I never expected the ability to replace my Tinymight SS heater, so I can only hope they stay in business long term, but having dealt with tungsten bulbs for the past 40 years, it should be something that is user replaceable, if the device is designed for it, shouldn’t even be a discussion.

So my bargain battery find was indeed a bargain.

Personally, my power source is not an area I’m interested in saving a few bucks. I buy the top rated batteries reviewed by Mooch, from the few reputable online dealers. Currently, the Molicel P28. Mooch often reviews REWRAPS, but always notes that the review is for whatever he bought or received at the time. Oddball rewraps can be be from a different source the next time they are released. I just don’t find the minimal savings to be worth buying over a know brand, from a reputable source. But that’s just me….

4-Aces King-High

Molicell 28 A/30A draw capable.#1 for me,I have 12 and want more.
“Chomping-at-the bit”for the ANGUS.
Hopefully will show up shortly.
I went through the scenario also with the Angus removed from Cart.
Thats okay- VAS will be satisfied for a short-period shortly. …?
VGoodiEZ HAS the Molicells

4-Aces King-High,
Reactions: davesmith

Texus

but having dealt with tungsten bulbs for the past 40 years, it should be something that is user replaceable, if the device is designed for it, shouldn’t even be a discussion.

Personally, my power source is not an area I’m interested in saving a few bucks. I buy the top rated batteries reviewed by Mooch, from the few reputable online dealers.
Yeah, I can understand why YLL isn't comfortable calling the bulb user replaceable for safety and legal reasons. But can't imagine that anyone with basic electronics skills should be able to swap out a bum bulb in the event YLL isn't around or shipping costs are too high from where you are, etc.

And +1 on batteries. Don't screw around with cheap chargers either or store without a case to prevent contact with other batteries, metal etc...

Top Bottom