The Angus Halogen Vape by YLL Vape

seedy53

I agree. I'm always lookin for deals tho. Must be the Jew in me 🤣

I was just thinking of getting one when it drops instead of waiting after looking at more videos haha
AirVape Legacy Pro would be my choice with WC discount code would be about $170

endof3d

Cognitive Dissonance D4 ++++
Just finished reading the whole thread and very impressed with the Angus reviews and willingness of members who own one to share in detail their experience and thoughts. Living in a small village in Canada with only mail service available, I'll have to wait for an alternative to V-Goodies to present it self.

Much to like about this vape, looking forward to this being my next vape purchase!

Abele Rizieri Ferrari

You think this would be better than the angus? Let's talk about it some. Can you dm me?
Angus is session geared, but if you want fast extraction it also allows lung busting hits through glass on high temps. ALP is more on demand tuned but I haven't used it so can't compare. The heater and heat retention of Angus I think will be hard to beat at this price. And flavor would probably be hard to beat as well. Especially if you already have a on demand convection device it makes sense to go with the halogen. If you want on demand convection ALP is probably the best in the below 250 price range.

TeaCup

You think this would be better than the angus? Let's talk about it some. Can you dm me?
Get the ALP, that way you can DM me and we can talk about it some too, lol. ;) Looks like I have till about Black Friday to make a decision because that 100 dollar off is still good and the BF deal will also be around 100.

TeaCup,

Scrimshaw

Vaped Crusader
Definitely got my eye on this beefy Angus! I find halogen to be the best tasting heat source. :science:

In regards to bulb lifespan — FWIW, I've used mostly Herbalizers for the better part of a decade and never had a bulb go out. It fell off a table once and still worked. Had a few repairs, temperature controller, fan, etc. but never the bulb. Any bulb is somewhat fragile, but halogens are less so.

Texus

Was holding my breath, despite the Spoiler. But thanks for taking the leap there!

Now time to run it over with the car, take a baseball bat to it, have an Atlanta Braves starting pitcher fling it at a wall and see if it can be dissolved by acid...

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
Was holding my breath, despite the Spoiler. But thanks for taking the leap there!

Now time to run it over with the car, take a baseball bat to it, have an Atlanta Braves starting pitcher fling it at a wall and see if it can be dissolved by acid...
I do hope that someone does a teardown so we can see if the bulb is soldered in place. I suspect that will happen soon with the coming drop.

felvapes

Holy hot batteries batman ......:o

From a user on 420 discord

"Ok so after almost a month with the Angus I like everything about it except how hot it gets from the bulb. I'm worried that heat is going to hurt my batteries. After a session starting at the 6 o'clock ( middle setting) and finishing at 1 o'clock (highest setting) on the temp settings if I pull the batteries out and stick my finger down into the battery tube it is so hot it burns my finger. And the batteries are super hot. Batteries are cheap tho at least they are user swappable."

VGOODIEZ

Home of the Heavies
Retailer
Holy hot batteries batman ......:o

From a user on 420 discord

"Ok so after almost a month with the Angus I like everything about it except how hot it gets from the bulb. I'm worried that heat is going to hurt my batteries. After a session starting at the 6 o'clock ( middle setting) and finishing at 1 o'clock (highest setting) on the temp settings if I pull the batteries out and stick my finger down into the battery tube it is so hot it burns my finger. And the batteries are super hot. Batteries are cheap tho at least they are user swappable."

Anyone who's using the Tinymight, Hopper or any other 18650 out there? I don't see this has any different then them and I have been using 18650 battery units for years. Each user needs to determine their level of comfort with battery safety. The engineers at @YLLVAPE OFFICAL have indicated it's safe. If you have a Mighty, your batteries are likely getting just as warm, you just can't get to them to check.

Abele Rizieri Ferrari

Yeah and as a well powered session device it's built to constantly keep temp on the set level, so it will get hotter than some of the weaker on demand convection leaning offerings that are on the market. But I've swapped the Angus batteries often enough after running back to back sessions and to me it never got les comfortable or more worrisome than other well received (either by ents or by the larger market) devices. Angus rocks, haven't found a disadvantage yet. It delivers its promises and and with quality.

VGOODIEZ

Home of the Heavies
Retailer
15 sec wait time on 2 portables i currently use
It takes longer that but a lot of portables claim x heat up time but never really get going when you first start. It's not until your third or fourth hit in that you actually get to a good operating temperature. The Angus will make you wait longer but the juice is worth the squeeze.

VGOODIEZ

Home of the Heavies
Retailer
not so in my ALP unit, 2nd hit is gold on standard stock no adapters.
v3 pro has that problem but the videos of Angus by users smoking, the first hit is not heavy vap clouds either
I thought both of those were considered on demand?

Whatever the case it also depends on the temperature you select. It will take longer to heat up to the top temperature than it will the lower settings. Particularly with the lower settings the first hit will be a lot of flavor but cloud production is not an issue with this unit. Take a look at some of the videos where @ShayWhiteGrow is using a water tool and the WPA. You can get some pretty massive rips and you could kill a load in just a handful of rips if you want. But yeah not on demand heat up speed no doubt.

Texus

Folks, lets also recall that the laws of physics still apply here. Some materials just heat up and radiate heat/energy more quickly. Such as the materials used in quick-heating on demand vapes.

But the appeal here is the halogen and its incorporation with balls. That is giving the great flavor and high quality extraction.

But gotta live with the tradeoffs. Not only of the bulb itself but also the fact that the balls take some time to absorb that heat as well.

If speed is what you prefer over flavor and top tier extraction, look elsewhere. There are lovely vapes above and below this price point that can satisfy those prefs.

Batteries getting hot is part of that physics equation too. Multiple back-to-back sessions can make this pretty warm, especially the metal where the mouthpiece meets the body. But not uncomfortably so, or to the extent that I'd trade that beautiful wood for a heat sink design seen on the Mighty. And common sense suggests waiting on a device to cool down before mucking with hot batteries or battery chambers.

Taking the popular Murata (formerly Sony) VTC6 16500 as an example, their fact sheet shows that they are rated to discharge safely as long as battery surface temp is below 80C (176F).

Last edited:

VGOODIEZ

Home of the Heavies
Retailer
Do any of the folks that actually have this unit feel the flavor only last one pull? I saw that mentioned today and thought that was strange as it has not been my experience at all. I also have seen a few videos and comments from owners and don't remember hearing that? Just curious as I think lasting flavor is a strong point of this unit, not a weakness.

Texus

Do any of the folks that actually have this unit feel the flavor only last one pull? I saw that mentioned today and thought that was strange as it has not been my experience at all. I also have seen a few videos and comments from owners and don't remember hearing that? Just curious as I think lasting flavor is a strong point of this unit, not a weakness.
Not at all. And certainly not in comparison to the portable battery powered competition, whether more or less expensive.

I've frankly been shocked at the quality of the hits well beyond where I'd be getting little from other vapes.

Probably the same person who stuck a finger in a hot battery compartments who was shocked when they got burned...

Top Bottom