TETRAx

1nd3cEnt

Sorry, it's really hard for me to explain such technical stuff in English.
Resistance is set correctly with the values provided by Ralph and locked.

ohmage is locked, & "Check" is set to "No," correct?

Tubo + P80: When I start preheating, wattage stays nearly at 70W, coils begin to glow and you've to stop immediately. This indicates set resistance is too high (?)

Tubo + P80: try reducing resistance by about 0.005-0.01 ohms, because glowing coils are to be avoided.

Tetra + Evic VTC: When preheating, wattage drops quite (too) fast, indicates temperature is reached, mod switches to Cruise, but temperature is not high enough to produce vape yet. This indicates, set resistance is to low (?)

Tetra + Evic VTC: try upping the resistance in sets of 0.002 ohms at a time. Good luck.

Last edited:
1nd3cEnt,
Reactions: dimmusp

GoldenBud

To clarify, with the "right" mod, both, Tubo and Tetra, are performing fantastic, so it's no problem over all. But I don't undetstand it.
they are both like 33$ mods. the 510 connection may be not too good for long time attachments, so it garbbed the shape of each other devices. so they won't accept a new attachment.
dunno if it is possible but if you tried all by software, batteries, maybe it is the case.

try clean the 510 connection with some 90% ethanol? without batteries in it?

GoldenBud,
Reactions: Alex3oe

sickmanfraud

they are both like 33$ mods. the 510 connection may be not too good for long time attachments, so it garbbed the shape of each other devices. so they won't accept a new attachment.
dunno if it is possible but if you tried all by software, batteries, maybe it is the case.

Using ethanol where ISO is ok is an unnecessary waste.

sickmanfraud,

Alex3oe

Accessory Maker
ohmage is locked, & "Check" is set to "No," correct?

yes

Tubo + P80: try reducing resistance by about 0.005-0.01 ohms, because glowing coils are to be avoided.

Tetra + Evic VTC: try upping the resistance in sets of 0.002 ohms at a time. Good luck.

would solve the problem, but I still won't know why :(

cleaned 510 and cell connections with 99,9% iso already :)

best ans most logic explanation up to now :D

Alex3oe,

Jacer

What is everyone's resistance on their TETRAx? I got mine back from repair today and went to do a cold reading of the ohms, and they are at .298 instead of the .239 that is written on the tag (I literally took it out of the box and put it on a mod so I really don't think I could have done anything to it). I tested it on the two mods that I have to make sure it wasn't just one of my mods messing up, and it read the same on both. I just want to use my vape :(

Jacer,

Slickwilly

I don't think you want it to be reading the cold ohms, it should be locked as mentioned in above posts.

Set it and lock it at .239 then try it.

My unit is the same set at .239. Works great with a Cuboid 200, which I believe Ralph uses to set them up. I can start at 370* and finish 395* no stir.

I do have a Wismec RX300 set up with Tubo and ohms are set at .242 to get the same results as the Cuboid. So you may have to play some but not too much.

Slickwilly,

Jacer

I don't think you want it to be reading the cold ohms, it should be locked as mentioned in above posts.

Set it and lock it at .239 then try it.

My unit is the same set at .239. Works great with a Cuboid 200, which I believe Ralph uses to set them up. I can start at 370* and finish 395* no stir.

I do have a Wismec RX300 set up with Tubo and ohms are set at .242 to get the same results as the Cuboid. So you may have to play some but not too much.
I had the resistance set there and it wasn't producing any vapor, so I turned the ohms up to about .275 and it's producing vapor like it has in the past now so idk lol

Alex3oe

Accessory Maker
Resistance shown by the mod tends to be quite to very inaccurate. That's why Ralph is measuring every single device. You should allways start with the value on the sticker!

Slickwilly

I prefer to use the Rx300 lately. It holds a longer charge, has a larger screen and is not going to fall over like the Cuboid seems too.
After a warmup at 370* my favorite way to use it is with a cooling stem from @DDave

I have a few other j hooks and spiked stems but this things out cools them all.

I prefer a smaller air path and really don't use the Tetrax with larger water tools.

With the heater in hand I can watch mod and hold my set temperature with my draw strength. The Tubo software makes it easy to do this. It keeps right up once you hit your sweet spot and makes such tasty vapor :smug:

For me I have used the Tetrax as a learning tool. It has help me to sharpening up my draw strength and technique as well.
Now when my P80 comes I'm ready :cool:

Also can't say enough about the craftsmanship that Lamart puts into ever device, its awesome!

:cheers:

sickmanfraud

@Slickwilly does your Rx 300 discharge the batteries evenly?

A few folks here, me included had problems with mod discharging one battery much more than the others whether the mod was on or off.

I guess it may be worthwhile to see if the mods work ok with the new firmware (not saying the problem was firmware related).

Anyone who had problems with the Rx 300 try it with the newest firmware?

sickmanfraud,

Slickwilly

does your Rx 300 discharge the batteries evenly?
Yes :nod:
I purchased some new Sony vt6c with the RX300 from liionwarehouse to start. It can go a full week of 5 to 6 sessions a day without charging them. They stay in the mod until they need a charge. The batteries have been in mod since Thursday night.
Here is a picture of the mod before I put batteries in the charger.

Put them in my charger to show you where they stand as being discharged.

Also checked with my meter and all say 3.76v on the money ;)

If you haven't tried your RX300 with Tubo I would give it a shot, can't hurt non :tup:

Slickwilly,
Reactions: 1nd3cEnt

BlazeDis

Hi I’m definitely looking to buy a Tetra x when possible . Have a brand new Joyetech VTwo Mini on the way . Can I put the Tetra x firmware on this unit ?
I can only find the Tubo software on the Lamart website .

BlazeDis,

Consolidated21

Mediterranean
Hi I’m definitely looking to buy a Tetra x when possible . Have a brand new Joyetech VTwo Mini on the way . Can I put the Tetra x firmware on this unit ?
I can only find the Tubo software on the Lamart website .

Yes,you can...

Consolidated21,

Jacer

So glad that I finally have my TETRAx back and working again (especially since I will be leaving my house as little as possible for the foreseeable future lol), every time I use it I am just blown away by how fantastically it performs. I had to set the ohms on my mod to .275 but hey if it works it works.

1nd3cEnt

So glad that I finally have my TETRAx back and working again (especially since I will be leaving my house as little as possible for the foreseeable future lol), every time I use it I am just blown away by how fantastically it performs. I had to set the ohms on my mod to .275 but hey if it works it works.

Congratulations, success!

What is the designated resistance for your TETRAx? If you swap out your current mod for another mod running Tubo fw, do you still need to use 0.275 ohms?

Resistance shown by the mod tends to be quite to very inaccurate.

Did not know this.

1nd3cEnt,
Reactions: Jacer

Jacer

Congratulations, success!

What is the designated resistance for your TETRAx? If you swap out your current mod for another mod running Tubo fw, do you still need to use 0.275 ohms?

Did not know this.
Thank you! And yep it has to be at that resistance for both the mods that I own, the designated resistance is .239

tokenknifeguy

What is everyone's resistance on their TETRAx? I got mine back from repair today and went to do a cold reading of the ohms, and they are at .298 instead of the .239 that is written on the tag (I literally took it out of the box and put it on a mod so I really don't think I could have done anything to it). I tested it on the two mods that I have to make sure it wasn't just one of my mods messing up, and it read the same on both. I just want to use my vape :(

I got my tetrax and it stated the resistance was at .242. However, I could not ever get any vapor production when at that number. I had to bump it up by to .26-.27 ohms to get it where I want it. I would start around there and go up or down based on how it acts. I also had a evic VTC Dual and it was causing all types of problems. First time I put the device into it, it didn't recognize it. I would fiddle with it and get it to work and then it would mess up again. I was very frustrated with it, but instead of sending it back, I just tried a different box mod and that seems to clear up the problem. I only did this because I could put my tetrax into a dna box mod and it would recognize the device immediately whereas the VTC Dual didn't. So I bought a wismec rx 2/3 and I haven't had any problems since. And I still use the .260 ohms on the wismec.

Also just try the vape out at .298 and see what happens.

Last edited:

Jacer

I got my tetrax and it stated the resistance was at .242. However, I could not ever get any vapor production when at that number. I had to bump it up by to .26-.27 ohms to get it where I want it. I would start around there and go up or down based on how it acts. I also had a evic VTC Dual and it was causing all types of problems. First time I put the device into it, it didn't recognize it. I would fiddle with it and get it to work and then it would mess up again. I was very frustrated with it, but instead of sending it back, I just tried a different box mod and that seems to clear up the problem. I only did this because I could put my tetrax into a dna box mod and it would recognize the device immediately whereas the VTC Dual didn't. So I bought a wismec rx 2/3 and I haven't had any problems since. And I still use the .260 ohms on the wismec.

Also just try the vape out at .298 and see what happens.
Glad to hear I wasn't the only one! I ended up settling around .275 - .280 and that has been working out fantastically, performance just like when I got it :) This thing has been saving my sanity since I'm inside all day every day now lol

tokenknifeguy

Glad to hear I wasn't the only one! I ended up settling around .275 - .280 and that has been working out fantastically, performance just like when I got it :) This thing has been saving my sanity since I'm inside all day every day now lol
The only thing about it, is I'm not sure if the temps are accurate, pretty sure they aren't, but it works so well that I don't want to change it. I usually run mine at 380 or 390F and it can get it very dark and even combust (a few times in a water bong, probably from using longer hits). But the flavor still tastes great and I can get massive clouds. I feel like I need to order another for a backup. I love how the p80 looks, but I think I'd rather have the bring your own mod option, since I can go with 2 or 3, to even 4 batteries in the mod. I'm on a 2 battery mod and with normal use I get 1 days worth of use before having to charge it or swap them out.

Also what box mod you use for the tetrax? I see your quote says cuboid, but have you tried it out on the wismec to compare the ohm readings? Like does .27 ohms get the same results on different box mods?

tokenknifeguy,
Reactions: dimmusp
Top Bottom