TETRAx

GoldenBud

So I tried to clean it and no dice on that avenue, but after some testing it seems like the wattage it's supplying for my draws isn't correct. The watts continuously fluctuate very quickly between 70W and 1W while in cruise mode, which would make sense why it doesn't seem to be producing vapor. Anybody know of a setting that might have to do with that? Eco level is already at 0 btw
You can disconnect then reconnect the 510 connection and try again?

GoldenBud,

1nd3cEnt

@Jacer You probably have already tried this, but maybe try reflashing either stock firmware or artic fox fw over the existing Tubo fw, then reflash the Tubo fw.
Have you tried another mod with the TETRAx atty & Tubo fw?
Maybe try lower wattage, or lower resistance?
Also there are some settings on the Tubo fw menu that I still do not know how to configure in: Menu | Expert | ... so maybe here?
I have not been kicked off TC even once with my Cuboid 200w. Sorry not much help.

1nd3cEnt,

yogurtsauce

I tried running my tetra while my mod was being charged with eco mode off. My mod overheated :(

yogurtsauce,

Jacer

Thanks for the advice everyone, still haven't gotten it to work but I just did a cold reading of my coil and it read the resistance at .286 instead of the .239 it's supposed to be. Not sure what could be causing that, but maybe there is a short somewhere around the coil :/

Jacer,

vapeverythingnyc

What happened with the most recent drop? I was waiting at 2:55pm EST, saw the tetraP80s go live at 3pm, but nothing with the tetraX.

Any insight here? Did i Just miss it?

vapeverythingnyc,

BestBuds

The Dude
What happened with the most recent drop? I was waiting at 2:55pm EST, saw the tetraP80s go live at 3pm, but nothing with the tetraX.

Any insight here? Did i Just miss it?
Probably missed it, like me. I got on the "waiting list" but still didn't get one. It's not really a waiting list when it's open to everyone.... I'm kind of irritated.

BestBuds,

tokenknifeguy

In tubo mode how it works? without cruise mode
When I got mine, I had to change the ohms to get it to work. .242 was my recommended ohms but wasn't producing any vapor. I bumped it up until I liked what I was getting and settled on .260. On a different mod, I'm at .268. I would try something around that range for your ohms or just keep adjusting it until you get good vapor to char ratio.

tokenknifeguy,

Jacer

Does anybody know if Ralph is taking a break or something? I sent my TETRAx back to him for repair about a month ago and haven't heard anything from him since. I emailed him last Wednesday to ask for an update on my repair but have yet to receive a response (I know that he does sometimes take a while to respond). It didn't take nearly this long the last time I sent my vape in for repair so I'm wondering if he's away from the business or something.

Jacer,

sickmanfraud

Does anybody know if Ralph is taking a break or something? I sent my TETRAx back to him for repair about a month ago and haven't heard anything from him since. I emailed him last Wednesday to ask for an update on my repair but have yet to receive a response (I know that he does sometimes take a while to respond). It didn't take nearly this long the last time I sent my vape in for repair so I'm wondering if he's away from the business or something.

Tag him here @funkyjunky .

sickmanfraud,
Reactions: Jacer

tokenknifeguy

Jacer what is wrong with your tetra? I had problems with my mine but once I switched mods, I haven't had a hiccup yet. **Knock on wood vapes**

tokenknifeguy,

Jacer

Jacer what is wrong with your tetra? I had problems with my mine but once I switched mods, I haven't had a hiccup yet. **Knock on wood vapes**
Unfortunately one of the wires that connects the TETRAx to the 510 connector base had pulled out rendering my mod unable to read the resistance of the coils.

Jacer,

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
I don't think he is taking a break... in fact, I think he is working double time trying to catch up on P80 demand and just falling behind on emails (I also have one or two that have gone unanswered).

FlyingLow,
Reactions: Jacer

Jacer

I don't think he is taking a break... in fact, I think he is working double time trying to catch up on P80 demand and just falling behind on emails (I also have one or two that have gone unanswered).
Ahhhh that makes just as much sense, definitely no surprise there's massive demand for them haha.

Jacer,

Arbornaut

Ahhhh that makes just as much sense, definitely no surprise there's massive demand for them haha

I can attest. I know hes currently building my custom TetraP80, which was one of 15 custom slots available last drop. There are also units from the drop before that still being made due to special requests etc. He mentioned in the other thread that he is working double time, so hes probably just really busy building.

Jacer

I can attest. I know hes currently building my custom TetraP80, which was one of 15 custom slots available last drop. There are also units from the drop before that still being made due to special requests etc. He mentioned in the other thread that he is working double time, so hes probably just really busy building.
My repair actually just got updated to sent, so hopefully soon I will have my favorite vape back in my hands lol

reek702

will there be another tetrax release anytime soon? I keep checking lamart.ch pretty often but its been sold out for a while now

reek702,
Reactions: dimmusp

Alex3oe

Accessory Maker
What I've learned meanwhile, but still not understanding is, even box mods and regulated devices behave different with different cells. High quality, with needed specs and all.

What I understand less, my TETRAx and TUBOx behave completely different on different mods. Firmware and settings are correct and identical (beside resistance of course), I've double and triple checked.

I have an 5 years old Evic VTC paired with my Tetra and a P80 paired with my Tubo. Both are working great. The Tetra is my most used vape beside WoodScent and LSV, the Tubo is my "office backup" with it's fixed place on my desk. Grab it regularly too, when the other two are not right by hand, not charged or so.

Yesterday I had the great idea to switch mods. Don't ask why, never change....

Now it's driving me nuts. Non of both new cominations is working. And I can't figure out why. Played around halfe night.
It's somehow resistance related I think. Please correct me, if I'm wrong.

Tubo + Evic VTC: One of the best vapes out there.
Tubo + P80: When I start preheating, wattage stays nearly at 70W, coils begin to glow and you've to stop immediately. This indicates set resistance is too high (?)

Tetra + P80: Not as powerfull as the Tubo, but still great and in daily use.
Tetra + Evic VTC: When preheating, wattage drops quite (too) fast, indicates temperature is reached, mod switches to Cruise, but temperature is not high enough to produce vape yet. This indicates, set resistance is to low (?)

Can someone help out and explain me this?

Alex3oe

Accessory Maker
Sorry, it's really hard for me to explain such technical stuff in English.
Resistance is set correctly with the values provided by Ralph and locked.

e:
I checked resistance measurement of both mods too by "Zero All" in the Coils menu. Both mods differ from Ralphs values a bit what should be fine and show identic numbers for Tetra and Tubo each. Flashed original firmware first to resett all for shure, than Ralphs firmware. Afterwards I set resistance from the sticker and locked. Did this with each switch while testing last night.
To clarify, with the "right" mod, both, Tubo and Tetra, are performing fantastic, so it's no problem over all. But I don't undetstand it.

Last edited:
Alex3oe,
Top Bottom